Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,336 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria (65000 Views)

Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling / Canadian Government Rejects Kaduna Airport, Warns Citizens Against Using It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by gabriel74: 7:51am On Aug 05, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
We don't take the American government serious.
The most ignorant people on earth are Americans.

You can go to Iraq or Afghanistan, stay for 50 years and still be alive.
You can't live for 4 days in Chicago.
Chicago is not even a state, Chicago is just a city in Illinois but every year 500 people alone are murdered, you can't go to someone else's street in the USA, you will be killed.
The murder rate of Chicago, Los Angeles and Washington put together is higher than every country in this world yet the U.S government will not talk about it, they keep calling other countries "security threats"

THANKS for this enlightenment: USA GO TO HELL
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by kentus123: 7:51am On Aug 05, 2016
Bifwoli:
The US should also warn its citizens about poor hygeine in Lagos,Ibadan ,Enugu and others because of very poor food handling practices and poor water quality.

Receive some sense- MuMu

1 Like

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Fourwinds: 7:53am On Aug 05, 2016
The Department recommended against all but essential travel to 17 other states due to the risk of kidnappings, robberies, and other armed attacks. The states are, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, and Zamfara. “Based on safety and security risk assessments, the Embassy maintains restrictions for travel by US officials to the states listed above; officials must receive advance clearance by the US Mission for any travel to those states,” it stated
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Hillarie(m): 7:56am On Aug 05, 2016
kode12:

Na wa oh. You sti'll don't get it do you? They placed travel restrictions on 20 states that aren't listed here. The remaining 17 essential travels only. Read it very well now shoo.
The states are, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, and Zamfara."

No bro,
"The Department recommended against all but essential travel to 17 other states due to the risk of kidnappings, robberies, and other armed attacks."
simply refers to them travelling to those states mentioned.
They recommended against all travelling except for mandatory(essential) travel to the 17 states up there.

If you read well, you'd see that the post had 3states atop and 17 states below. The U.S advised its citizens not to go to the 1st 3 states at all while it gave 'Essential travel' as the only reason for them travelling to the 17 states.
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by dallyemmy: 8:18am On Aug 05, 2016
Chasing investors away from our land? We need to be careful!
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Angelb4: 8:24am On Aug 05, 2016
Brownhypo:
No SOUTH WESTERN STATE included on the list.

This shows that SW is always peaceful.

The States are peaceful, but some elements in the States are not peaceful. Don't ask me about Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by junta007(f): 8:26am On Aug 05, 2016
omas1:
shocked shocked shocked who cares e.g if my wife (American) refuses to travel with me to Edo , I leave her at the airport na ,
It's Easier Said
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by isaacdiamond(m): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2016
e bi like there and de for this terrorism o
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by lipstick2(f): 8:31am On Aug 05, 2016
Add Cross River.
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Dething: 8:45am On Aug 05, 2016
SUCRE007:
Out of 36 states

20 has been blacklisted

What's left of Nigeria??

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by jennifer22(f): 8:45am On Aug 05, 2016
But wait oh, is it not America that transgenders are strolling in the street kissing, romancing.,where stealing is the order of the day? Why are they now throwing stones at us when they also live in a glass house.

They should just not come instead of moving about with fear in their heart. 20 state how many state remain 16
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by murmee: 9:05am On Aug 05, 2016
Bifwoli:
The US should also warn its citizens about poor hygeine in Lagos,Ibadan ,Enugu and others because of very poor food handling practices and poor water quality.
Because Oyo and Lagos states are not on the danger list, you have to invent something to discredit these commercially advanced states. Shame on you!

1 Like

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Janeyinspires(f): 10:22am On Aug 05, 2016
shocked That list is padded...I delete Imo from it.
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 10:50am On Aug 05, 2016
Brownhypo:
No SOUTH WESTERN STATE included on the list.

This shows that SW is always peaceful.
which region is Edo?
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 05, 2016
Its afonjas that released the list... buh those that Said their religion is the most peaceful are the most represented... buh should imo be among?
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by kode12: 10:57am On Aug 05, 2016
Hillarie:

No bro,
"The Department recommended against all but essential travel to 17 other states due to the risk of kidnappings, robberies, and other armed attacks."
simply refers to them travelling to those states mentioned.
They recommended against all travelling except for mandatory(essential) travel to the 17 states up there.

If you read well, you'd see that the post had 3states atop and 17 states below. The U.S advised its citizens not to go to the 1st 3 states at all while it gave 'Essential travel' as the only reason for them travelling to the 17 states.
You're right.I read it wrong. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by polabo: 11:12am On Aug 05, 2016
wetin dere plenty staff for American Uni Yola go do?
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by BABANGBALI: 11:36am On Aug 05, 2016
SOUTH WEST HEAVEN ON EARTH.God bless the Oduaa nation
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by BABANGBALI: 11:37am On Aug 05, 2016
kossyablaze:
which region is Edo?
North East
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Teddyg2(m): 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
Funjosh:
Thank God Ogun State is not their cheesy
Thank God SW state are not there
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Beelad(f): 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
Why can't some of y'all reason well before commenting on posts instead of displaying your frustrated selves. The US just proved herself as a good country that's concerned about the security and welfare of her people. They dint even place a ban on their citizens going to these states , they were only advised, asides the officials. Nigeria could have advised similarly against risky countries /states to avoid but they dint. And you're here displaying ignorance and foolishness, taking out your frustration on a country that cares for her people's security.

1 Like

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by omas1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
junta007:
It's Easier Said

Yea but she can't refuse coming with me, love they say is blind , just like I can't leave her there, she has to come with me.
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
BABANGBALI:
North East
Aii
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by doublewisdom: 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
centboy123456:

Guy we nor need them for delta at all my brother form another mother how far na how your side
I dey o. Happy new year.
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by centboy123456(m): 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
doublewisdom:
I dey o. Happy new year.

Same to you too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Get Jobs In Canada / My First Visit To The Eko Atlantic City (pictures And Video) / The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.