Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (91148 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
EDITED:

I actively started publishing on Amazon Kindle in August, 2016 after taking an online course and following through with @MK82 thread. The original intention of this thread was for group learning, but I have now edited it to reflect what I have learned in the last months in this business and state various ways I could help anyone who wants to publish his books online.

The group learning still continues but just incase anyone wants my help as I have gotten several emails from NLders to help since this thread opened, I can now help out for small fee

MY INCOME EXPERIENCE

1. Month 1 - August - $110

2. Month 2 - Sept - $359

3. Month 3 - Oct - $478

4. Month 4 - Nov - $740

5. Month 5 - Dec - $880

6. Month 6 - Jan 2017 - $1,100

7. Month 7 - Feb 2017 - $1,800

Please note:

1. I calculate all earnings as dollars, even though I know that when the 51 pounds of Sep and 55 pounds of Oct are converted, it would be more. I just put everything as dollars, so that I don't exaggerate things.

2. I also include my CreateSpace income in the calculation.

UPDATE (AUGUST 06, 2017)

[s]I NOW HAVE A MANUAL

Hi guys,

After one year in this business, I have now written a manual to share my experiences so far.

It will also provide a good entry level information for getting started with writing, publishing and selling books online through Amazon. I also talked about niche research and niches that have better chances of success, plus how to source content for your books.

You can request the manual today by writing me at the email on the first page of this thread.

Please note that the manual is not free.

I spent time and effort to write it so definitely I'm selling it. This doesn't stop the free guides going on WhatsApp, and this thread. The free lessons will continue.[/s]

THE WHATSAPP GROUP

That reminds me, if you are not on that WhatsApp group, you are missing. Many of the guys who started following from this thread, who didn't believe they could write have made some nice income. They can testify.

To join the WhatsApp group, you have to WhatsApp me, or AncientTimes. Do not just drop your number. We don't have time to start saving everyone's number and then adding them one after another. But when you send a message, it's easy to give you the join link. There are now over 130 members on the group. Read from page 30 upwards to get our numbers.

And by the way, all the lessons in the WhatsApp group remain FREE.

Blessings

MY LESSONS EXPERIENCE:

1. Publishing books online through Amazon KDP is a very viable means of earning income. It may not be a get rich quick business model but it surely does work. Consider that these books will keep earning income for life, even while I am no longer doing anything.

2. The more books you have, the better you can earn. So far, I have about 40 books that bring in over $2,000 monthly.

3. This is a great way for anyone to earn income, especially for authors and those who have the motivation to create books on niches.

MY SERVICES - HOW I CAN HELP YOU

EDITED: I am not available right now for help. I am sorry.

I thank all those who have kept this thread going. Note everyone that I am no longer following this thread, please.

Thanks all

7 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by kentochi(m): 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
i want to learn from guys like you
would be kind to share your training materials with me?

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 2:09am On Aug 05, 2016
kentochi:
i want to learn from guys like you
would be kind to share your training materials with me?

You can find a lot of free materials to teach you online. If you are in Lag and bump into my office I can share my materials with you. But this business needs more action than materials. Its all about writing and selling books. This thread also has great tips:

https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon/59#48198596

Here we will be exchanging success boosting ideas more.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by slimjoe007(m): 7:47am On Aug 10, 2016
bros1234:

You can find a lot of free materials to teach you online. If you are in Lag and bump into my office I can share my materials with you. But this business needs more action than materials. Its all about writing and selling books. This thread also has great tips:

https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon/59#48198596

Here we will be exchanging success boosting ideas more.

Hi,
I also started my kindle publishing biz this month and have just 4 books up but sales have been very slow especially with no reviews.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
slimjoe007:

Hi,
I also started my kindle publishing biz this month and have just 4 books up but sales have been very slow especially with no reviews.

Its looking to me that reviews are very important. I will take time to explore how to get reviews. 6 books so far, 20 copies sold, no reviews.

I know however that that will not discourage me, I will look for a way out.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 4:44am On Aug 14, 2016
Tolullopsy:
If you truly want to make money directly into your Nigerian bank account daily working online or offline with just a one-off investment of 4000
Call or whatsapp me on 0.8.0.3.5.5.3.7.8.6.4
And i ll show u d way
U can as well click d link on my signature to register free and get started

O boy, wetin na? Stop this nonsense. Just create a thread and make this call. This thread is for online publishing

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2016
Reviews are important no doubt... But I think that's the easy part. You can ask a friend to plug in a review for you. You can also ask 10 more friends to do same.

There are other factors involved ...
I haven't published yet...I'm still writing but I'm doing lots of research and I can share in this discussion...
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:48am On Aug 21, 2016
EkoErrands:
Reviews are important no doubt... But I think that's the easy part. You can ask a friend to plug in a review for you. You can also ask 10 more friends to do same.

There are other factors involved ...
I haven't published yet...I'm still writing but I'm doing lots of research and I can share in this discussion...

Bro. You're welcome on board. Let us know what you have learned so far. It might save a life(lol).

The challenge really is not about getting reviews from friends, but getting verified purchase reviews based in USA. Although I have told some friends and they accepted to buy and add a review. So this week, that's what I'll be exploring. So far, I have 9 books and at least I sell 1-2 copies daily, but i need to move faster. Today is my 20th day in the experience and I just have about 30 copies sold. I need to learn how to sell 20 copies of books daily. I'll keep learning.

Welcome bro.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
bros1234:

Bro. You're welcome on board. Let us know what you have learned so far. It might save a life(lol).

The challenge really is not about getting reviews from friends, but getting verified purchase reviews based in USA. Although I have told some friends and they accepted to buy and add a review. So this week, that's what I'll be exploring. So far, I have 9 books and at least I sell 1-2 copies daily, but i need to move faster. Today is my 20th day in the experience and I just have about 30 copies sold. I need to learn how to sell 20 copies of books daily. I'll keep learning.

Welcome bro.

Rule number 1 from my research is.... Forget the glory you want to enjoy by using your Yoruba , igbo or Hausa name. Use a pen name instead. Make it sound British if you like

2. Please please please avoid typos and bad punctuation... Your proof reading should be 101% perfect. Oyibo can carry vex for errors eehn. If 1 bad review about typos enter... U are doomed .

3. Try and create funnels to your book. Research this one!

These are just some of the tips I picked up while researching... I haven't tried them though.

5 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by ponti93(m): 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
bros1234:
Hey guys,

There is a thread here about kindle publishing started by @mk82. I have followed that thread carefully and then recently took a course on Amazon Kindle publishing.

I have just published 4 books and would be publishing additional 6 before month end. Already I have made some sales, but I think there is still much more learnings and fields to cover.

I am in love with this method because the income is passive. You work very hard at the beginning and then the rest takes care of each other. The money will eventually start rolling.

The essence of this thread is for us to help each other. Ask questions, exchange reviews where possible and so on.

For example, I desperately need reviews at the moment. I dont even mind paying for it.

Lets get going. What do you know about Kindle publishing from experience or would like to know?

The floor is now open.

Pls no promotion of anything on this thread. Thanks all
i can write you reviews on ur ebooks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 21, 2016
I have an account already but I can't publish because I have to link my bank account. Nigeria is not on the list and don't have a PayPal account. I applied for payoneer but its due to arrive by end of next month. What should I do?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by slimjoe007(m): 6:01am On Aug 22, 2016
bros1234:

Welcome bro.

It seems we both started roughly the same day. I have 5 books up but make most of my sales through 2. infact one book has sold over 70 copies though it's priced at 0.99 cos I played around and discovered it did better at that price point.
What price point do you use?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 8:55am On Aug 22, 2016
slimjoe007:

It seems we both started roughly the same day. I have 5 books up but make most of my sales through 2. infact one book has sold over 70 copies though it's priced at 0.99 cos I played around and discovered it did better at that price point.

Pls how do you receive your payment?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 11:36am On Aug 23, 2016
Wow. This thread has been lively and I was wasting away in Amazon. LOL.

This is what I want. Let us interact.

This is impressive. 70 copies in one month. Thats lovely. We need to show these oyibopeople pepper. Keep it going bro and teach us the lessons. Thanks.

I have an account already but I can't publish because I have to link my bank account. Nigeria is not on the list and don't have a PayPal account. I applied for payoneer but its due to arrive by end of next month. What should I do?

Bro forget the money for now. Write, upload and publish. When u make the money, we'll find a way to take it. Amazon can send you a check on your address.

i can write you reviews on ur ebooks

Thanks for the assistance. Can we email ourselves.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2016
EkoErrands:

Rule number 1 from my research is.... Forget the glory you want to enjoy by using your Yoruba , igbo or Hausa name. Use a pen name instead. Make it sound British if you like

2. Please please please avoid typos and bad punctuation... Your proof reading should be 101% perfect. Oyibo can carry vex for errors eehn. If 1 bad review about typos enter... U are doomed .

3. Try and create funnels to your book. Research this one!

These are just some of the tips I picked up while researching... I haven't tried them though.

You are absolutely right. I have been stuck in the author mindset. But @mk82 has already advised me on that. The thing is that the books i write now are my core areas of passion. I hope to upload all twenty books before September ending and leave them there. Though they are doing fairly, some in 80,000 rank and some lesser. I hope to branch out by October.

Bro, its working. Come and join us in milking Oyibo market. Hahaha
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 11:44am On Aug 23, 2016
slimjoe007:

Bro, teach us how you have managed to sell 70 copies of a book in one month. Some oyibo people cant even do that. Though I just hate that 0.99 price point. I hate it like the devil. Thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
bros1234:

You are absolutely right. I have been stuck in the author mindset. But @mk82 has already advised me on that. The thing is that the books i write now are my core areas of passion. I hope to upload all twenty books before September ending and leave them there. Though they are doing fairly, some in 80,000 rank and some lesser. I hope to branch out by October.

Bro, its working. Come and join us in milking Oyibo market. Hahaha

What avenue are you using to receive payment?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
EkoErrands:

What avenue are you using to receive payment?

I havent made a withdrawable money and I am not bothered about that yet. I started uploading books on July 29, 2016. I want to gether sales. When I get to that bridge I will cross it.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
bros1234:

I havent made a withdrawable money and I am not bothered about that yet. I started uploading books on July 29, 2016. I want to gether sales. When I get to that bridge I will cross it.

Ok
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by cyberhope(m): 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
hello bosses, I am a newbie and please can you brief me on what books to write about. thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
cyberhope:
hello bosses,
I am a newbie and please can you brief me on what books to write about.
thanks

Start with what you know.

Then up it by researching what information people are looking for.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by cyberhope(m): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2016
bros1234:

Start with what you know.
Then up it by researching what information people are looking for.
ok ,thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:01am On Aug 26, 2016
Hmmm. How is it going everyone. Bump in and tell us whats happening. I am just making 2-3 sales daily. Some times, 5, sometimes 7, sometimes 6. But I like to qualify my sales a 1 daily on average. Tell us your story and encourage us.

Thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
bros1234:
Hmmm. How is it going everyone. Bump in and tell us whats happening. I am just making 2-3 sales daily. Some times, 5, sometimes 7, sometimes 6. But I like to qualify my sales a 1 daily on average. Tell us your story and encourage us.

Thanks

What do you know about KDP Select? I'm contemplating trying it out. Though I haven't enrolled yet. My title is on pre-order now; to drop Sept 30th.

If it drops and I don't get a bleep on my report graph after some days I will eroll for select and wait out the 90 days gestation period. Maybe that will give it the required boast. Plus my next book is mentioned in this first one... That's a plus I think!
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 12:43am On Aug 27, 2016
EkoErrands:

What do you know about KDP Select? I'm contemplating trying it out. Though I haven't enrolled yet. My title is on pre-order now; to drop Sept 30th.

If it drops and I don't get a bleep on my report graph after some days I will eroll for select and wait out the 90 days gestation period. Maybe that will give it the required boast. Plus my next book is mentioned in this first one... That's a plus I think!

Why are you making your book on preorder, are you formating for createspace?. You need to publish a lot of books to really make money on this thing. KDP select is very good. Enroll all your books there and do two or three days promo for each. Make sure that in each book on promo, there is information about the other books.

Cheers
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by LaCremy: 6:23am On Aug 27, 2016
slimjoe007:

Hi, please which niche did u write on that got u 70 sales? Thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by EkoErrands: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2016
bros1234:

Why are you making your book on preorder, are you formating for createspace?. You need to publish a lot of books to really make money on this thing. KDP select is very good. Enroll all your books there and do two or three days promo for each. Make sure that in each book on promo, there is information about the other books.

Cheers

I stumbled upon pre-order listing on Amazon so I listed ....they gave me a deadline to upload the final manuscript.

Thanks for the KDP select advise...I will enroll right away.

About having so many books on Amazon, its good but my first book is at 51,000 words and 13 chapters. I will be rounding up by months end. By then it may be up to 60,000 words...

So having many books on KDP may be slower for me because I'm not writing HOW TO books which are usually very short.

I hear some people saying they have 30 books already on KDP...pls I want to ask...do those books have up to 30,000 words each or 60,000 words...I doubt; but if they do pls hint me so I can sit up abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Jtvinci(m): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2016
Hello people, I love this trend. I have a verified Amazon account and am into Amazon products review.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
EkoErrands:

I stumbled upon pre-order listing on Amazon so I listed ....they gave me a deadline to upload the final manuscript.

Thanks for the KDP select advise...I will enroll right away.

About having so many books on Amazon, its good but my first book is at 51,000 words and 13 chapters. I will be rounding up by months end. By then it may be up to 60,000 words...

So having many books on KDP may be slower for me because I'm not writing HOW TO books which are usually very short.

I hear some people saying they have 30 books already on KDP...pls I want to ask...do those books have up to 30,000 words each or 60,000 words...I doubt; but if they do pls hint me so I can sit up abeg.

Your books can be as short as 6,000 words which will be about 60 pages. I have seen shorter pages, but I usually recommend that number, 10,000 is best. Some of the amazon bestsellers there are not more than 200 pages.

You are aiming 60,000 words! What!. You really have time. That will end up as 500-600 pages and unless you are some kind of miracle worker, you'll still price this book at $2.99. And because of the size amazon will charge you higher in the delivery.

Personally i don't think this is worth it. Even some of the best novels on amazon are still around 30,000 words which will give about 300 pages in the end. I would suggest you separate this book into different parts or volumes. That could give you up to 3 volumes.

A friend of mine wrote a book on relationship, about 28,000 words. We broke it into two parts and got over 120 pages in each.

Anyway, I wish you success bro. Dont forget to update us. We are all learning.

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2016
Jtvinci:
Hello people, I love this trend. I have a verified Amazon account and am into Amazon products review.

Hello bro, do you mean you writereviews for people on their amazon product page or that you review amazon products on your site/blog for affiliate earning? Pls clarify. Lets learn and help each other
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Julivas(m): 11:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
Good job guys. Please can one write on Mathematics for pupils btw age 10 to 13?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

Victor Okafor 'Ezego' N500m Mansion Lying Waste (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.