Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,158 members, 7,807,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (91139 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
AncientTimes:

Now, I have looked at your book and I will say well done. However, you use a title that you want. Your title should be key words based. I mean, never determine what the title of your book is until you have done a thorough research. Allow your market to dictates your title for you. If you do a search on keywords, in your chosen category, you will discover that dating tips, dating advice for men, or women will be there. So you can Put a title along the lines of your keywords. Some thing like this — DATING: The Effective Dating tips for men and women.

Doing this means you have captured about 3 keywords in our title. The reason is, one of the greatest searchable field is your title and sub-title. They will help you to be shown or discovered. Again, I dont know what keywords you used. But I didn't see you using your keyword in your description. If you use your keywords there, it will increase the chances of a Amazon search Engine displaying your book once your keyword is searched.

For those in Romance and novel category, what they need is nothing more than using amazon keywords to enter into many categories as possible because romance and other novels don't do much searches like for those in non-fiction categories. In your case however, because your work is non fiction, your chances of making sales will increase once your book can be displayed on the first page of the search engine.
Ensure to use Contrasting colours for your title to stand out.

I leave this words of wisdom with you: "The greatest first for every non-fiction writer is the fight for discoverability" .

That is my little observation. Great job. We are all leaning. God help us all.
Quite rich. I will have fixed tonight once power is restored. Thank you.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
Joseid:
Quite rich. I will have fixed tonight once power is restored. Thank you.
You are welcome sir. Have a blessed evening. And have you made some sales on any of your titles?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 21, 2017
AncientTimes:

You are welcome sir. Have a blessed evening. And have you made some sales on any of your titles?
I actually unpublished all of them late last year. Today's book is a fresh work and the only one in the system. I'm trying to boost the quality of the content in them.
Before this time next week, I should have made the second new release and three books I unpublished back to the system.
I
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by shadads15: 3:25am On Jan 22, 2017
13 Advantages of Having a Website For Your Business

Do you have a business and don’t have a website? If you said yes, it’s almost as if your business doesn’t exist. In this modern era, people and companies are on the internet for information. Why do you think people visit a website? It’s primarily to find information. And if you’re in the business world, information is critical. You need to have a website for your customers. It needs to contain information about what you can do for them. Below are just a few of the advantages and benefits of having a website for your business.

If you have a business and you don’t have a website in this modern age, then it is as good as saying that you don’t have a business or you are not planning enough for the growth and expansion of your business. As you aware, Information is critical in the business world. People wants to know more about how a product or service will help them; how it will alleviate their pain or how it will make their life easier. And for these cause, you need to have a website where you can give these information to your customers about your product. It is a good way of telling them what you can do for them. Below are just a few of the advantages and benefits of having a website for your business.

Less Expensive
Have you ever advertised your business through various forms such as printed media, radio, television or by other means? It’s expensive! Investing in advertising is necessary, but it takes a lot of money. Having a website will make promoting your company less expensive. Many versions of offline advertising available on the internet are sometimes free.

Having a website to showcase your products and services to your customers is less expensive compared to advertising your business on radio, television or by other means. Investing in advertising is necessary, but it takes a lot of money. Having a website will make promoting your company less expensive. Many versions of offline advertising available on the internet are sometimes free.

Advertising
A website is more environmental friendly when it comes to advertising and marketing. There are lots of ways to advertise your products or services through the internet. One example is Facebook ads- an advertising feature offered by Facebook through which for as low as $5, your adverts is displayed to hundreds and sometimes thousands of potential customers of your product/services 08062940521 . Another one is called SEO. This is a major advantage for your business because having a good SEO service provider can boost the ranking of your website on Google which quickly results in more traffic to your site, increased sales and higher profits.

Satisfaction
Having a website will be more convenient for both your customers and leads. Make it easy for your customers to buy from you! Many will be more likely to visit your website, gp through your product an service offerings and make a buying decision rather than driving a car to your physical shop/store and looking for a suitable product/service that meet their needs.

From a customer’s point of view, it’s better for them if they don’t have to ask anything. They can just find what they’re looking for on your online site.

Increase Customers
Most businesses have local popularity- what some refer to as “Local champions” but what about potential customers outside their city? A website can help you generate more customers. Not just outside your city, but worldwide. The internet offers a global community. With a website, your business will be visible an accessible from all over the world.

Accessibility
Have you ever experienced having to turn customers away because it’s closing time? Well, you don’t have to close the doors of your website. An online site can be visited any time of the day or night. People will look to your site instead of going to your shop because it is more accessible. Just make sure to post enough information about your products and services. They can even visit your website and learn about your products and services on their smartphones while lying down in their bedroom!

Access to Information
Did you know that if you own a website, you can actually track everything that is happening on it? You can even look for information that will tell you how many people visited your site, or how many people messaged or emailed you. You can access the progress of your website and view all its pages. You can even make an update anytime, making it much less expensive than printed material.

Better Relationship
Having a website gives you the opportunity to build better relationships with your customers. You can send messages instantly to your customers through email. Also, your customers can review your products online and give recommendations on how it can be better improved to meet their needs. Furthermore, you will be able to build good relationships with your client through emails. You can address their needs and tell them about your products on a personal level.

Increase Sales
If you are a business owner, you would agree that more visitors leads to more potential sales. That’s how your website will help you. You can drive more people to your site by consistently updating and promoting the contents of your site. The more informative your site is, the greater the possibility of increasing your sales.

Opportunity
A website gives you the opportunity to prove your credibility and your authority in your line of business. You have to tell your customers why you deserve their trust through your website. This can earn positive feedback for your service and products. Also, your website serves as a place for a potential investor to explore what your business is about and what it can do in the future.

Long Term Clients
What do you think is the difference between client and a customer? Well, a customer is the one who walks in and buys something and that’s it. A client is your regular customer. He is buying your products or services daily or contractually. Having a website gives you a chance to gain more clients that can help your business grow.

Your Ideas
These are few of the advantages and benefits of creating a website for your business. Do you know of other advantages to be gained by having a website? Feel free to let us know your thoughts by commenting on our [url]Facebook Page[/url].

You might also want to check out our services page. Let us help you develop an effective website solution for your business, tailored to honing in on your prospective clients.

http://negtechnologies.com.ng/13-advantages-website-business/

visit www.negtechnologies.com.ng
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 4:31am On Jan 22, 2017
Joseid:
I actually unpublished all of them late last year. Today's book is a fresh work and the only one in the system. I'm trying to boost the quality of the content in them.
Before this time next week, I should have made the second new release and three books I unpublished back to the system.
I

Quality content make alot of sales.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 7:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
@OP, GOD BLESS YOU FOR OPENING THIS THREAD. and for MK82 who has made this publishing dream a reality, God bless him also. one of my paper back, on anger management has sold 17 copies already. Every day, the Sales like 4 to 5 copies daily. God bless you. And God bless all of us who are into this business in the mighty name of Jesus.

6 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
God bless all men in this thread. I also intend to make a video on how I make my paper back cover for createspace. It will help any other person on this thread to make a simple book cover . I will leave the link on this page. And I also want to make a video on how I format my book cover for createspace. It will help someone tomorrow on this thread.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
So far in createspace this month of January, 37 USD. I blessed God. My goal this January is to make $500 from both createspace and kdp..

3 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 11:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
Op, another of my book just hit number two on all the sub categories that I listed it. That book has close to a 1000 Kenp Read, the highest that I have seen and experience since starting on this business. It has the best sellers Rank of #25,000 I believe this will encourage me and someone one two. I started principally this January.

3 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:31am On Jan 23, 2017
AncientTimes:
@OP, GOD BLESS YOU FOR OPENING THIS THREAD. and for MK82 who has made this publishing dream a reality, God bless him also. one of my paper back, on anger management has sold 17 copies already. Every day, the Sales like 4 to 5 copies daily. God bless you. And God bless all of us who are into this business in the mighty name of Jesus.

17 copies? Wow. Once again, congrats and welcome to the club.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:33am On Jan 23, 2017
shadads15:
13 Advantages of Having a Website For Your Business

This guy, there are better ways to market your services than spamming. Please try be wise this year.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:35am On Jan 23, 2017
AncientTimes:
God bless all men in this thread. I also intend to make a video on how I make my paper back cover for createspace. It will help any other person on this thread to make a simple book cover . I will leave the link on this page. And I also want to make a video on how I format my book cover for createspace. It will help someone tomorrow on this thread.

Great. Great. Great.

Pls do and lets all benefit.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:38am On Jan 23, 2017
Joseid:
Hello everyone. It's a beautiful weekend.
A new book of mine just went live this morning
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01NAVKS3K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484995765&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=What+every+guy+ought+to+know+about+dating+jeff+nichols
Any encouragement?

Bro, good effort.

Your book looks fine but...

1. Improve the cover design.
2. My experience with the dating niche is that its a hard sell. My dating and relationship books are the worse in the market...in terms of sales.. I dont know why.

3. Go ahead and explore other niches, apart from the dating niche.

Cheers
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 23, 2017
bros1234:

Bro, good effort.

Your book looks fine but...

1. Improve the cover design.
2. My experience with the dating niche is that its a hard sell. My dating and relationship books are the worse in the market...in terms of sales.. I dont know why.

3. Go ahead and explore other niches, apart from the dating niche.

Cheers
Top of the morning to you.
I already have an alternative cover.
I won't be focusing on romance. My major niche is on Christian books. They should go live soon. Sometimes, I just like to try something different. I'd explore other niches too.
How are you book sales so far?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 11:17am On Jan 23, 2017
bros1234:

17 copies? Wow. Once again, congrats and welcome to the club.
Thank you sir, for your encouragement
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2017
Joseid:
Top of the morning to you.
I already have an alternative cover.
I won't be focusing on romance. My major niche is on Christian books. They should go live soon. Sometimes, I just like to try something different. I'd explore other niches too.
How are you book sales so far?

That is Good, choose the area that you have the greatest strength. God guide us all.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
@bros1234 Could you furnish me with links or the name you used in publishing your Christian books? I'd like to see if I can take a cue or two from it.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 11:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
BROS 12345, please a brief question. How do you outsource a book on Fiverr? Thank you so much.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros12345: 4:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
Joseid:
@bros1234 Could you furnish me with links or the name you used in publishing your Christian books? I'd like to see if I can take a cue or two from it.

It's not necessary. You can use any name. You can even use your real name if you want
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros12345: 4:28pm On Jan 24, 2017
AncientTimes:
BROS 12345, please a brief question. How do you outsource a book on Fiverr? Thank you so much.

Outsource?

Never tried that yet. And I don't plan to for now. The best I plan to do is to hire two people in the next 3 months. I believe I can get decent folks for 40-50k a month and get them on board to write for me in the office.

It's cheaper for me that way. If two staff can get me four books a month, I would have 40-50 books in ten months with under 1 million. I think that's cheaper.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 6:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
bros12345:

Outsource?

Never tried that yet. And I don't plan to for now. The best I plan to do is to hire two people in the next 3 months. I believe I can get decent folks for 40-50k a month and get them on board to write for me in the office.

It's cheaper for me that way. If two staff can get me four books a month, I would have 40-50 books in ten months with under 1 million. I think that's cheaper.

You never cease to a amaze me. I spoke with MK82 today and he told me that he has some Nigerians that he has tried to write for him.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 7:46am On Jan 25, 2017
You can read an excerpt from my book here.
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/1DC8OMK80D9IW
PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK THE NOMINATE BUTTON

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 7:47am On Jan 25, 2017
You can read an excerpt from my book here.
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/1DC8OMK80D9IW
PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK THE NOMINATE BUTTON IF YOU WANT A FREE COPY

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 3:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
Can I transfer my payoneer funds to a bank in the U. S and have somebody send me a dollars.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 10:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
AncientTimes:
Can I transfer my payoneer funds to a bank in the U. S and have somebody send me a dollars.

No experience with this
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by mbamaker: 1:37am On Jan 26, 2017
bros1234:
Today, I was able to get my EIN - Employer Identification Number.

This number will help you remove the 30% withholding fee on amazon.

What happens is that if you make $100, Amazon will withold $30 (that's 30%) for tax.

Now imagine making $1,000. And amazon keeps $300. Thats a lot of money. The only way to scrap this is to get an EIN and re-update your tax information. Today, I called IRS and got this EIN.

We're moving forward.

Please how did you get the Employer Identification Number?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 8:41am On Jan 26, 2017
Exactly, how did you get the employer identification number Bros 12345. I need to know so that I can avoid that 30% withholding tax stuff.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros12345: 1:46pm On Jan 27, 2017
AncientTimes:
Exactly, how did you get the employer identification number Bros 12345. I need to know so that I can avoid that 30% withholding tax stuff.

I think I have given this guide in the past. Please see if you can scan backwards.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 6:48pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hello OP, WHAT does IRN means in KDP Dashboard and what does Amazon.in also means. I just noticed that one of my books has the best seller amazon Rank of 5, 585 in the IN market, what does that really means?

Today alone, that particular book sold 25 copies in that market.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
bros12345:

I think I have given this guide in the past. Please see if you can scan backwards.

Okay, because I read almost the entire thread and have not seen anything like that before.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2017
How beneficial is this kindle matchbook

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (42) (Reply)

Victor Okafor 'Ezego' N500m Mansion Lying Waste (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.