Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! (17690 Views)

Falconet Player Sophia Omotola Omidiji: National U-20 Women / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by deb(m): 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2009
Hopes are rising higher and higher. Very typical of Nigerian fans.
Which us all all the best. I expect nothing less of a great outing too.
I hope we win the cup but I won't lose sleep on any Nigerian team no matter what anymore.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by 3kay945(m): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2009
all ni9ja eyes on siaone!!
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by youngies(m): 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2009
FBS:

LOL. . .Youngies, what will you be doing in the bush? Are thou a hunter?  grin cheesy

Nigeria is not playing now (our match is tomorrow at 17:45 I think)

If you don't mind, I will search for radio stations for you and post. Where are you based? This will make it easier for me.  wink

FBS thy son of man thouest not a hunter ooo, but duty calls

I am based in Abuja, but about to descend into the jungles of Plateau
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by Redman44(m): 5:27pm On Sep 24, 2009
The current Flying Eagles Squad can lift the trophy. With Coach Samson Siasia in charge, the sky is not even the limit. It is the starting point. I'm happy that a good number of the boys are home based. Siasia has never failed to give the home based players opportunities to shine. Siasia is a psychologist and there must be something he keeps telling the players that makes them play their hearts out. The home based players will put in a lot of effort as they want to get signed by foreign clubs. A lot of scouts from top clubs all over the world will be in Egypt to snap up talented players. I believe Siasia went for unknown players at the expense of already established guys because he knows they will deliver.

I don't see any reason why Siasia should not be appointed coach of the Super Eagles after Egypt 2009. He has already raised 3 generations of Players- Netherlands 2005, Beijing 2008 and the Egypt 2009 team. The NFF should stop playing dirty politics and allow Siasia to lead Nigeria to the next Nations Cup. We need to start planning for the 2014 World Cup immediately. This is my pick for Nigeria's next coaching squad:

Super Eagles Chief Coach: Samson Siasia
Super Eagles Assistant Coach 1: Sunday Oliseh
Super Eagles Assistant Coach 2: Simon Kalika [ Dutch Citizen and great strategist ]
Super Eagles Goalkeeper Coach: Any good trainer can be hired.
Super Eagles chief Scout: Michael Emenalo [ Emenalo currently works as Chief Scout for Chelsea FC of England ].

I could have added Steven Keshi to the list but I know there will be ego problems between him and Samson Siasia. Oliseh on the other hand will be an assistant Super Eagles coach while coaching the U-20 Squad at the same time. Cheers.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by Sauron1: 5:38pm On Sep 24, 2009
FBS:

To everyone on this thread, I say a very big thank you.  wink

Redman44 , namdo  I see you. Thanks.

Well, ladies and gentlemen its some few hours to kick off between The Young Pharaohs of Egypt and Trinidad and Tobago.

You can follow the match here LIVE:

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/livecoverage/index.html

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=49963&part=sports

Hope this helps.

Thanx for the links but i ma stay with Eurosport(HD). grin
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by koolchicco: 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Thanx for the links but i ma stay with[b] Eurosport(HD). [/b]grin

Ditto.

I wish Siasia all the best tho.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by Redman44(m): 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2009
While we enjoy the thrills and great goals of the U-20 World Cup, we should also have it in mind the revolution that we need to inspire in Nigerian football. Things have to change in the way football is run in Nigeria. With the embarassment of the MRI scans on the U-17 team to Nigeria, I feel it is high time we start discovering very young players for our youth teams. It is painful that a solid player like Yakubu Alfa [ who is in Siasia's Present U-20 Squad ] might not become a world class footballer. He is currently playing professional football in Egypt. Nigeria has to develop players who will make much impact like Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, Solomon Kalou, Yahya Toure, Emmanuel Adebayor et al. It is very hard to find Nigerian players in World Soccer Magazines these days apart from Mikel Obi, who has not really played up to his potentials. The question is: How do we ensure this?

!. The NFF must be sanitised with Lulu, Ogunjobi and co being ousted from office. These guys cannot even run a coffee shop, not to talk of Nigerian football. People like Waidi Akanni, Kojo Williams and Segun Odegbami [ I have some reservations against him now ] have to come in and turn things around.
2. The NFF also has to launch a Youth Soccer Development Initiative that will focus on secondary school and grassroots football. This is where we can get the really young players. Everything indeed really starts and ends with the NFF though other bodies should be accomodated. The NFF must maintain a computer database of secondary school teams in the country and also work with the Games Masters of these schools. Producing young players will be to our own advantage in the long run. These players will not fade out quickly when they join foreign clubs.
3. Apart from the Shell Cup, the National Principals Cup has to be revived. This will provide the opportunity for great players to be spotted at the correct ages. Cheers.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Thanx for the links but i ma stay with Eurosport(HD). grin
Oh yeah. . .I'm sticking with FIFA HD (or better still myp2p.eu HD) . How about that? tongue  grin  grin
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
youngies:

FBS thy son of man thouest not a hunter ooo, but duty calls

I am based in Abuja, but about to descend into the jungles of Plateau
Youngies, glad you got the joke wink cheesy. Sorry man but I'm yet to find a Nigerian radio station covering the match. Perhaps Brilla FM?

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

We are getting closer to the kickoff between Egypt vs Trinidad and Tobago. Should be Thrilling.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by jaybee3(m): 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2009
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by RuuDie(m): 6:23pm On Sep 24, 2009
Will the matches be aired on DsTV
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2009
mreds:
All the matches would be on Supersport( DSTV), Aljazeera sports,Abu dhabi sports for FTA users, AIT also said they would pick it (not sure if it's going to be all the matches).

You can join me right here for comprehensive match day analysis.

Watch out 4 talaat 2nyt (Al Ahly - Egypt) as the young pharaohs take on T&T.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2009
Hope this helps. . .^^^
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by soccerprof: 6:38pm On Sep 24, 2009
the tournament start today. i hope Nigeria will win their first match tommorrow which is my birth day so that i can celebrate it in a speacial way
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:01pm On Sep 24, 2009
And here we go. . .

Egypt vs Trinidad and Tobago.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:03pm On Sep 24, 2009
Egypt go close through Talaat! 50/50 ball.

Frantic start to this match!
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2009
Free kick to T&T and its from a dangerous position.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2009
What a bullet from the T&T player. . .powerfully punched away by the Egyptian keeper for a corner kick.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2009
Egypt go close twice.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:20pm On Sep 24, 2009
Trinidad and Tobago play with 2 defenders . . .Their names: Cyrus & Primus.
These names sef. . .I'm wondering if there are from Galaxy and Tobago?  wink
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2009
Still on names. . .There is a fellow by the name Islam Ramadan.  Guess who he plays for?  smiley
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2009
Egypt go close again!!! Fires a shot but goes inches wide. Close. very close.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by tkb417(m): 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2009
goallll!!
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2009
GOAL!
Egyptian No. 11 jersey Afroto scores the first goal of the tournament.
Hmmm. . .what a name.  wink
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by sonety2k(m): 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2009
Redman44:

The current Flying Eagles Squad can lift the trophy. With Coach Samson Siasia in charge, the sky is not even the limit. It is the starting point. I'm happy that a good number of the boys are home based. Siasia has never failed to give the home based players opportunities to shine. Siasia is a psychologist and there must be something he keeps telling the players that makes them play their hearts out. The home based players will put in a lot of effort as they want to get signed by foreign clubs. A lot of scouts from top clubs all over the world will be in Egypt to snap up talented players. I believe Siasia went for unknown players at the expense of already established guys because he knows they will deliver.

I don't see any reason why Siasia should not be appointed coach of the Super Eagles after Egypt 2009. He has already raised 3 generations of Players- Netherlands 2005, Beijing 2008 and the Egypt 2009 team. The NFF should stop playing dirty politics and allow Siasia to lead Nigeria to the next Nations Cup. We need to start planning for the 2014 World Cup immediately. This is my pick for Nigeria's next coaching squad:

Super Eagles Chief Coach: Samson Siasia
Super Eagles Assistant Coach 1: Sunday Oliseh
Super Eagles Assistant Coach 2: Simon Kalika [ Dutch Citizen and great strategist ]
Super Eagles Goalkeeper Coach: Any good trainer can be hired.
Super Eagles chief Scout: Michael Emenalo [ Emenalo currently works as Chief Scout for Chelsea FC of England ].

I could have added Steven Keshi to the list but I know there will be ego problems between him and Samson Siasia. Oliseh on the other hand will be an assistant Super Eagles coach while coaching the U-20 Squad at the same time. Cheers.

Second
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by tkb417(m): 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2009
Equalizer!!

1-1
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by follypimpi(m): 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2009
Chie i dey class dey roast missin this game. cry
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2009
What a save from Samuel (T & T goalkeeper. ) TOP CLASS!
He should be on his way to League one and from there to the EPL.

T&T scores (Rochford)! Their first ever goal at this tournament. The guy deserves a national award.

1-1 . Game on!
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by follypimpi(m): 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2009
@FBS

Good job u doing here u deserve AKARA.
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2009
follypimpi:

@FBS

Good job u doing here u deserve AKARA.

hahaha. Akara ke? grin grin
Really, I'd prefer buns. grin
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2009
First Cyrus cleared. . .then Primus! Where is Drimus?  grin
Re: Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread! by FBS: 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2009
Half time.

1-1.
The pressure is on Egypt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Onazi Ogenyi And His Wife, Sandra, Celebrate Their 1st Wedding Anniversary / Omeruo Wins Man Of The Match Against Guinea Clash / Much Anticipated Football Prediction Site Stakegains Finally Launched!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.