Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,150 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? (6822 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Manger Where Jesus Was Wrapped & Kept After Delivery (Photo / Joshua Iginla Baptises His Mother At River Jordan Where Jesus Was Baptised(p / Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by analice107: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
MrPresident1:

Sweety, Genesis 24:53 looks like the payment of a dowry, but again it was only a bethrotal. It was only after Isaac had taken her that bible says she became his wife vs 67.

Babe, tough meat will make you cry o grin
Have you met me? Bring it on.

My point is, Isaac and Rebecca didn't go running around committing fornication before their parents knew that they were to marry. It done right. There was no premarital sex between them.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by analice107: 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Ha bow out ke.
O pari, you don deflate the brother growing tent now, sorry about the pun grin
Make him vary go. Na MrPresident1 him be.
You don swim finish?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2016
A very ridiculous analysis. I'll be back later
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MuttleyLaff: 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
analice107:

Make him vary go. Na MrPresident1 him be.
MrPresident1 is just harmlessly sporting with you.

analice107:

You don swim finish?
Yep. Drying up and about leaving.
They close at six.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by lepasharon(f): 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
Jesus should have gone to uni
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by analice107: 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
MrPresident1 is just harmlessly sporting with you.

Yep. Drying up and about leaving.
They close at six.
You see my phone don go spell vary for emsef wey nah carry I type. It's well oo.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MuttleyLaff: 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2016
analice107:
You see my phone don go spell vary for emsef wey nah carry I type. It's well oo.
When am on the phone, the same thing happens, the phone starts flexing like say the jayro get a mind of its own, but I literally slap it on the head the moment it tries second guessing and changing what I've originally typed. I always give it a close marking to check it pulling a fast one on me.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by BAZETU12: 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2016
Don't let any white man to deceive you any more about jesus

Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by analice107: 8:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
When am on the phone, the same thing happens, the phone starts flexing like say the jayro get a mind of its own, but I literally slap it on the head the moment it tries second guessing and changing what I've originally typed. I always give it a close marking to check it pulling a fast one on me.
I have tried to readjust it, It didn't work. It's very embarrassing. I type a word, it brings another word entirely word.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2016
analice107:

I have tried to readjust it, It didn't work. It's very embarrassing. I type a word, it brings another word entirely word.

Is it a China phone? Nokla or Samsong? grin
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 10:34pm On Aug 07, 2016
analice107:

Have you met me? Bring it on.

My point is, Isaac and Rebecca didn't go running around committing fornication before their parents knew that they were to marry. It done right. There was no premarital sex between them.

Actually, sex is marriage. In the eyes of THE MOST HIGH, sex is marriage. There is no such thing as premarital sex, once you enter the place you must remain in the place forever, otherwise it becomes sin.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at;

Actually again, it is YAH Himself who calls into the deeper secrets of His book, you take a step towards Him, He takes several steps toward you.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
AnalyticEngine:
A very ridiculous analysis. I'll be back later

When are you coming back? Olodo angry
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 10:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
analice107:

No sir MrPresident1. I don't read fake Bible. I have Four hard copies, different translations and 3 soft copies. So am not reading one translation.
Honey, Mary and Joseph Jeaus' earthly parents were poor. That they were from the lineage of David didn't automatically make them rich.

And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,

And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

You think Joseph and Mary were wealthy people yet Nathaniel would ask "Can any thing good come out of Nazareth?"

And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
John:7:15

Amplified Bible John 7:15 The Jews were astonished. They said, How is it that this Man has learning [is so versed in the sacred Scriptures and in theology] when He has never studied?

Jesus was of noble birth, yet he couldn't read?
I don't want to banter with my President. So, I'll bow out here.

I have answered the question of Jesus' learning earlier in this thread. Jesus had access to the best of education, the one available to only the highest nobility. He was also greatly endowed with wisdom from God.

Luke 2:46-47
46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

John 7:15-17
And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or [whether] I speak of myself.

The Jews were marvelled because Jesus did not school with the Pharisees or the Saduccees yet he had deep knowledge of the letters (or the Law). It was not that he could not read that they marvelled at, it is the fact that Jesus was expounding Scriptures in the deepest sense, in a radically new way far different from the sanctimonious puritanism of the Jewish leaders.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Ha bow out ke.
O pari, you don come deflate the brother's growing tabernacle tent now, sorry about the pun grin

Isaiah 6:9
And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

Don't worry, when the cities are wasted without inhabitant, you will understand. grin continue reading from verse 10
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 11:21pm On Aug 07, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Every one is blessed with moveable assets or the other

You must build this Tabernacle and its furnishings exactly according to the pattern I will show you
- Exodus 25:9 NLT

Let's stick with the tabernacle shall we.
Leave out the temple Solomon built because David was refused to build it due to the Hittite's blood on his hands

The ''Tabernacle of the congregation'' and if loosely translated it is the '' tent of meeting''
aka the ''tabernacle of the testimony''
aka the ''house of the Lord'
aka a ''sanctuary'' is a physical structure and symbolic one or figurative one too

The Israelites gathered their to worship God etc hence the coinage the Tabernacle of Congregation.

It was a free standing structure brah, which is even every aspect of its make-up is symbolic

Stop that Oshogbo weed or is it bath salts? LOL

Tell me about the assets you are blessed with grin, are your assets in front or at the back or both? grin cool

Stop quoting NLT bible, that is a dead bible doctored to keep the dead completely and permanently dead! Which one is Oshogbo weed or bath salts

The temple according to the dimensions given was just about the size of a basketball court, how could the whole of Israel fit into such a space? it was all symbolic language. The difference between Moses' tabernacle of congregation and Solomon's temple is that Solomon was actually authorized to build the temple, Moses could not call his own a temple because they had not yet gotten to the pace where God would choose 'to place His name there'.

Both Moses' tabernacle of congregation and Solomon's temple were capital cities. Moses' capital in the wilderness on the way to the Promised land, and Solomon's capital in the promised land.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 11:24pm On Aug 07, 2016
lepasharon:
Jesus should have gone to uni

He was/is a very learned person grin
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MuttleyLaff: 12:26am On Aug 08, 2016
MrPresident1:
Tell me about the assets you are blessed with grin, are your assets in front or at the back or both? grin cool
Is this how you grow your tent? With smutty jokes?
Go sit down elsewhere or go to a corner and pitch a tent there.

MrPresident1:
Stop quoting NLT bible, that is a dead bible doctored to keep the dead completely and permanently dead!
I don't intend to lose any sleep quoting NLT bible because quoting it was a random selection
Dont lose sleep over it

MrPresident1:
Which one is Oshogbo weed or bath salts
Good natured banter

MrPresident1:
The temple according to the dimensions given was just about the size of a basketball court, how could the whole of Israel fit into such a space? it was all symbolic language. The difference between Moses' tabernacle of congregation and Solomon's temple is that Solomon was actually authorized to build the temple, Moses could not call his own a temple because they had not yet gotten to the place where God would choose 'to place His name there'.

Both Moses' tabernacle of congregation and Solomon's temple were capital cities. Moses' capital in the wilderness on the way to the Promised land, and Solomon's capital in the promised land.
1While King David was living in his house, the LORD gave him peace with all his enemies around him.
2So the king said to the prophet Nathan, "Look, I'm living in a house made of cedar, while the ark of God remains in the tent."
3Nathan told the king, "Do everything you have in mind, because the LORD is with you."
4But that same night the LORD spoke his word to Nathan:
5"Say to my servant David, 'This is what the LORD says: Are you the one who will build me a house to live in?
6I haven't lived in a house from the day I took Israel out of Egypt to this day. Instead, I moved around in a tent, the tent [of meeting].
7In all the places I've moved with all the Israelites, did I ever ask any of the judges of Israel whom I ordered to be shepherds of my people Israel why they didn't build me a house of cedar?'
8"Now this is what you will say to my servant David: 'This is what the LORD of Armies says: I took you from the pasture where you followed sheep so that you could be the leader of my people Israel.
9I was with you wherever you went, and I destroyed all your enemies in front of you. I will make your name famous like the names of the greatest people on earth.
10I will make a place for my people Israel and plant them there. They will live in their own place and not be troubled anymore. The wicked will no longer oppress them as they used to do
11ever since I appointed judges to rule my people Israel. So I will give you peace with all your enemies. I, the LORD, tell you that I will make a house for you.
12" 'When the time comes for you to lie down in death with your ancestors, I will send one of your descendants, [one] who will come from you. I will establish his kingdom.
13He will build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.
14I will be his Father, and he will be my Son. If he sins, I will punish him with a rod and with blows inflicted by people
- 2 Samuel 7:1-14 GOD'S WORD Translation
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by analice107: 8:38am On Aug 08, 2016
MrPresident1:

I have answered the question of Jesus' learning earlier in this thread. Jesus had access to the best of education, the one available to only the highest nobility. He was also greatly endowed with wisdom from God.

Luke 2:46-47
46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

John 7:15-17
16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or [whether] I speak of myself.

The Jews were marvelled because Jesus did not school with the Pharisees or the Saduccees yet he had deep knowledge of the letters (or the Law). It was not that he could not read that they marvelled at, it is the fact that Jesus was expounding Scriptures in the deepest sense, in a radically new way far different from the sanctimonious puritanism of the Jewish leaders.
Hahahahahahahaha. You mean Jesus had the best of education by listening to Lawyers talk just for one day? It was just one day MrPresident1. 1day. He and his family lived in Nazareth, and from there they came to a pass over feast. And on the day they should return, Jesus had gone into the Temple, they left believing he was with them, after like a days journey, they discovered he wasn't with them, they went around looking for him, they found him in the temple listening and asking questions. That's the Noble education you mean?

Why are we even having this discussion?
It doesn't matter whether Jesus was educated or not. His mission on earth wasn't to get education, but to die, and he died. My sins are atoned for, he promised to send me the Holy Spirit, he did. He promised to return, am expecting him, that's what I shd be talking about.
Good morning your excellency.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by analice107: 9:12am On Aug 08, 2016
MrPresident1:

Actually, sex is marriage. In the eyes of THE MOST HIGH, sex is marriage. There is no such thing as premarital sex, once you enter the place you must remain in the place forever, otherwise it becomes sin.

And the times of this ignorance God winked at;

Actually again, it is YAH Himself who calls into the deeper secrets of His book, you take a step towards Him, He takes several steps toward you.

Yes MrPresident, Sex is Marriage. In the sense that, Sex consummates Marriage. It ties people together. That's why it shouldn't be done except couples have tied the knots.

I don't know what you mean by "There's no such thing as PREMARITAL SEX" All the sex we are running around having is called what?
If SEX IS MARRIAGE going by your context, all the chicks you have had sex with are your wives?
Your Excellency sir, any sex you have when both of your families (male and female), have not agreed to become one family in marriage "BEFORE GOD" (as Christians), is termed as Premarital sex sir.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by analice107: 9:35am On Aug 08, 2016
MrPresident1:

Is it a China phone? Nokla or Samsong? grin
Ifinix Hot 2. My iPhone refused to give me identify in NL. Dey phone Stressed me trying to register an account. Anytime I come in with the iPhone, I remain a guest. BB holds my other identify.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2016
MrPresident1:

The Bible did not mean that Joseph was a carpenter in the sense of today’s meaning of the word. In ancient times, the word ‘carpenter’ was used to describe the elite, the learned and wise men, the kings and princes of ancient Israel, the highest levels of nobility.

The conclusion of your argument is that the immediate family of Jesus as at that time was among those of the highest social class. Excellent.

MrPresident1:

Matthew 13:55
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Let's include Matthew 13:54
When He had come to His own country, He taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished and said, “Where did this Man get this wisdom and these mighty works?

My friend, their amazement at his teachings definitely suggest that Jesus was not from a noble class. The display of impeccable wisdom was expected of the elite only.

MrPresident1:
The Nobility of ancient Israel are described as carpenters and smiths because they were the ones who built the temple of God, the temple of God is the heart of man, they were the learned men of old who led the people and taught them the law and commands and statutes of THE MOST HIGH GOD

The premises of and inductions from your argument is that between the days of temple building and the days of Jesus;
1. ALL carpenters and smiths built the God's temple
2. Either the same carpenters and smiths who built the temple were still alive as at the time Jesus began his ministry or ALL their children continued with their parent's trade.
3. Should anyone have opened a workshop during the time of Jesus where he supplies such services like carpentry, he automatically is an elite
4. Not only were the nobles artisans, smiths etc, they doubled as teachers of the law (adduced from your argument). Therefore, Pharisees and Saducees were carpenters and smiths.

Your argument is fantastically invalid.

The following scriptures do not support your claims of Jesus being of the highest level of nobility:

“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes He
became poor, that you through his poverty might be
rich.” (2Co 8:9)

but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men (Phil 2:7)

Mary could sacrifice only two turtle doves which was a poor households sacrifice for the
purification of child birth (Lev 12:2-8; Luk 2:24).

If the family of Jesus was among the highest nobles of their time, he certainly would have been buried in their own noble tomb. Instead, he was buried in a rich man's tomb. That the bible emphasised he was buried in a rich man's tomb shows he was not from the elite class else it might not have been necessary to mention it.

When I used the word 'ridiculous' to describe your your premises and the conclusion of your argument, I do not mean it to insult you. I used it in an attempt to accurately describe the nature of your argument.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MuttleyLaff: 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
AnalyticEngine:
[size=5pt]The conclusion of your argument is that the immediate family of Jesus as at that time was among those of the highest social class. Excellent.

When He had come to His own country, He taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished and said, “Where did this Man get this wisdom and these mighty works?

My friend, their amazement at his teachings definitely suggest that Jesus was not from a noble class. The display of impeccable wisdom was expected of the elite only.

The premises of and inductions from your argument is that between the days of temple building and the days of Jesus;
2. Either the same carpenters and smiths who built the temple were still alive as at the time Jesus began his ministry or ALL their children continued with their parent's trade.
3. Should anyone have opened a workshop during the time of Jesus where he supplies such services like carpentry, he automatically is an elite
4. Not only were the nobles artisans, smiths etc, they doubled as teachers of the law (adduced from your argument). Therefore, Pharisees and Saducees were carpenters and smiths.

The following scriptures do not support your claims of Jesus being of the highest level of nobility:

but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men (Phil 2:7)

Mary could sacrifice only two turtle doves which was a poor households sacrifice for the

If the family of Jesus was among the highest nobles of their time, he certainly would have been buried in their own noble tomb. Instead, he was buried in a rich man's tomb. That the bible emphasised he was buried in a rich man's tomb shows he was not from the elite class else it might not have been necessary to mention it.

When I used the word 'ridiculous' to describe your your premises and the conclusion of your argument, I do not mean it to insult you. I used it in an attempt to accurately describe the nature of your argument[/size]
ROTBL welcome to MrPresident1's world of eisegesis

Just a throw him a rope, trust he'll either use it as a life line to get out of the hole he's digging himself in or use it to tangle himself up more with it.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by analice107: 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2016
BAZETU12:
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by analice107: 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2016
BAZETU12:
Where did you leave your brian? Hahahahaha. Is Jeaus a Roman citizen or a Jew?
oh wait!!! Yeah, he was a Catholic. gerraaaaaat
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Is this how you grow your tent? With smutty jokes?
Go sit down elsewhere or go to a corner and pitch a tent there.

It is good natured banter, don't be uptight and prudish grin

MuttleyLaff:

I don't intend to lose any sleep quoting NLT bible because quoting it was a random selection
Dont lose sleep over it

Hatred for God made the god of this world to doctor the Bible, God has promised to reward His haters, His promises are infallible grin

Deuteronomy 32:41
If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.
42 I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Your God's Word translation is fake, if it is not KJV, if it comes later than KJV, IT IS FAKE grin

In conclusion, the deeper layers of the Bible, the richer marrow, the wealthier vein of gold, is in pictures and not in words, if you cannot see it, then it is not in you grin wink
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
analice107:

Hahahahahahahaha. You mean Jesus had the best of education by listening to Lawyers talk just for one day? It was just one day MrPresident1. 1day. He and his family lived in Nazareth, and from there they came to a pass over feast. And on the day they should return, Jesus had gone into the Temple, they left believing he was with them, after like a days journey, they discovered he wasn't with them, they went around looking for him, they found him in the temple listening and asking questions. That's the Noble education you mean?

Why are we even having this discussion?
It doesn't matter whether Jesus was educated or not. His mission on earth wasn't to get education, but to die, and he died. My sins are atoned for, he promised to send me the Holy Spirit, he did. He promised to return, am expecting him, that's what I shd be talking about.
Good morning your excellency.

Matthew 7:28
And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

Matthew 22:33-34
And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.
34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence,...

The Pharisees and the Sadducees were considered the most learned men of the temple, yet the Pharisees heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, he slew them with knowledge cheesy, just the way I slay Goshen360 whenever he shows his face on my threads grin. The point is that Jesus being a son of a carpenter, which carpenter means of noble birth, was exposed to the noblest of education, and then endowed by THE MOST HIGH with great wisdom, a combination of these factors enabled him to slay both the Pharisees and the sadducees cheesy

Wherever he meets them, he slays them, and they always invariably left him alone cheesy

Matthew 22:22
When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2016
analice107:

Yes MrPresident, Sex is Marriage. In the sense that, Sex consummates Marriage. It ties people together. That's why it shouldn't be done except couples have tied the knots.

I don't know what you mean by "There's no such thing as PREMARITAL SEX" All the sex we are running around having is called what?
If SEX IS MARRIAGE going by your context, all the chicks you have had sex with are your wives?
Your Excellency sir, any sex you have when both of your families (male and female), have not agreed to become one family in marriage "BEFORE GOD" (as Christians), is termed as Premarital sex sir.

Sex is marriage, a wedding does not become a marriage until the consummation, so if the wedding is not consummated is it valid? As long as there is no consummation of marital vows marriage is not yet valid. In your own words, Sex consummates Marriage.

I am telling you again, Sweery, that there is no such thing as premarital sex, it is an invalid oxymoron. Sex is marriage, the secret act of sex is the marriage before God, that is the union of the souls, if the souls are not united, they can never be one. So they whole world may witness a wedding made in heaven, but if there is no sex between the man and the woman to consummate and seal the union, they are only just housemates. So even if families agree, but there is no sex, no deal.

Sex is marriage, once there is sex between a man and a woman, an exchange of souls, they are married, no need for ceremony, ceremony is secondary, God sees and recognizes both of them as man and wife. The time of ignorance has passed grin

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Ps: There is also no such thing extramarital sex, the last person to enter the place is the owner of the place, a lot of people are not living with their spouses in the eyes of God cheesy wink
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 9:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
analice107:

Ifinix Hot 2. My iPhone refused to give me identify in NL. Dey phone Stressed me trying to register an account. Anytime I come in with the iPhone, I remain a guest. BB holds my other identify.

Maybe the phone is Hiphone grin, the 'H' was sandpapered away so you were conned into buying Hiphone instead of iphone cheesy
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 11:11pm On Aug 08, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

The conclusion of your argument is that the immediate family of Jesus as at that time was among those of the highest social class. Excellent.

My friend, go through the thread again read from the beginning, open your Bible and follow the thread/tutorial step by step.

Jesus was of the house of David, the house of David is the nobility of Israel, do you understand? Romans 1:3

AnalyticEngine:

Israel had devolved greatly by the time Jesus came on the scene, the house of David was no longer in power, Israel was under Roman rule at this time, Jesus being described as a carpenter's son is to show the nobility of his birth Jeremiah 29:2

When Nebuchadnezzar deported Israel burned Jerusalem, the Bible records that he carried captive the carpenters and the smiths to his temple in babylon, carpenters and smiths are figurative descriptions of the teachers, the learned men, and the nobility, men who built the temple of God, the temple of God is the heart of man. Carpenter as used in the Bible is different from carpenter as used in contemporary society. The Pharisees and the Sadducees were bad carpenters, they were not building the temple of God aright, they were bad workmen, Timothy was a good workman, all good pastors are good workmen, all bad pastor are bad workmen.

AnalyticEngine:

You are nauseatingly ignorant.

The house of David was not king over Israel during the time of the incarnation of Jesus, Jesus was a man until the Holy Spirit conceived him (I do not expect you to understand this), Jesus was rich, yes! because David is king over Israel, but he came lowly to fulfill the purpose of his coming, he was to come and die, his kingdom had not yet come! So he was rich, but he came lowly to fulfill the purpose of his coming, does this lowly incarnation of his remove from his nobility as a son of David?

Humble yourself, it is your arrogance and pomposity that did not allow you to grasp the truth, and has made you clutch at straws till date, (I have an inkling who you are).

AnalyticEngine:

When I used the word 'ridiculous' to describe your your premises and the conclusion of your argument, I do not mean it to insult you. I used it in an attempt to accurately describe the nature of your argument.

More nausea inducing ignorance. If you had humbled yourself, and tried to learn, you wouldn't be here today spouting stomach churning nonsense at this epoch in the evolution of knowledge, arrogance destroyed you. Shame! Take note, I am not arguing with you or anyone, if you do not understand me, it just simply means it is not in you, that is just as easy as it is. Jesus said his own sheep will hear his own voice.

There were all written in allegories, the Bible was not meant to be understood literally, the words were meant to be seen in pictures, they were not meant to be taken literally. Jesus was from David, that he came lowly, does it remove from the fact that he was of the highest nobility? Does it? It was his purpose, the purpose of his incarnation demanded a low estate, but he was rich!

In conclusion, Jesus Christ is not a single person, under that name is a composite of characters, therefore everything said to have been done by Jesus Christ is allegories with deeper meaning when examined compositely.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 11:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
ROTBL welcome to MrPresident1's world of eisegesis

Just a throw him a rope, trust he'll either use it as a life line to get out of the hole he's digging himself in or use it to tangle himself up more with it.

TrajansKong:

85% of the Nigerian population will never [b]EVER[/b]begin to comprehend or accept this.

We take every single word in the Bible as literally true. Without question.

For us talking snakes, talking donkeys and women turning into pillars of salt have greater reality and more genuine presence and meaning than our immediate biological families. sad

Take a good look at what TrajansKong posted and you will see sincerity, many are only waiting to be truly enlightened on the true nature of God, they are tired and sick of the shenanigans of fake pastors and fake religion. Even if a person professes atheism, and he is sincere in his dealings with his fellow human beings, he will make heaven before the evil fellow who uses the Bible to cover or justify evil deeds.

What I teach is not for the masses, it is for only the prepared heart, only the worthy will find sense in what I am saying, the more the unworthy try to understand the more confused they will be. The true owners were called to a feast, they prevaricated, then outsiders were called to partake of the feast that was meant for the children because they have been found worthier than the so called children, this will be the case of so many 'Christians' when the son of man is revealed.

Read Luke 14:16-24
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 09, 2016
MrPresident1:

My friend, go through the thread again read from the beginning, open your Bible and follow the thread/tutorial step by step.

Jesus was of the house of David, the house of David is the nobility of Israel, do you understand? Romans 1:3

No, I don't. It has nothing to do with the premise of your argument which states (paraphrasing), "Carpentry was used to signify Jesus' nobility"

MrPresident1:

Israel had devolved greatly by the time Jesus came on the scene, the house of David was no longer in power, Israel was under Roman rule at this time, Jesus being described as a carpenter's son is to show the nobility of his birth Jeremiah 29:2

When Nebuchadnezzar deported Israel burned Jerusalem, the Bible records that he carried captive the carpenters and the smiths to his temple in babylon, carpenters and smiths are figurative descriptions of the teachers, the learned men, and the nobility, men who built the temple of God, the temple of God is the heart of man. Carpenter as used in the Bible is different from carpenter as used in contemporary society. The Pharisees and the Sadducees were bad carpenters, they were not building the temple of God aright, they were bad workmen , Timothy was a good workman, all good pastors are good workmen, all bad pastor are bad workmen.

The premises are predicated upon the assumption that carpenters figuratively refers to nobility. Your evidence is that the bible used carpenters and smiths in conjunction with learned men according to Jeremiah 24. In my opinion, this is spurious and ridiculous of you or who ever the source of your write up is. By your logic, if any profession is juxtaposed with any social class in a sentence to illustrate an event, then it automatically means that profession is attached to that social class. Fantastic.

MrPresident1:

You are nauseatingly ignorant.
Beautiful

MrPresident1:

The house of David was not king over Israel during the time of the incarnation of Jesus, Jesus was a man until the Holy Spirit conceived him (I do not expect you to understand this), Jesus was rich, yes! because David is king over Israel, but he came lowly to fulfill the purpose of his coming, he was to come and die, his kingdom had not yet come! So he was rich, but he came lowly to fulfill the purpose of his coming, does this lowly incarnation of his remove from his nobility as a son of David?

@bolded, I want to be intelligent like you when I grow up.
Again, you claim that Jesus was rich and from a noble home, beautiful. For the sake of the point I want to make, let me assume it is true. So now, does it automatically imply that carpentry was used to ascribe nobility to Jesus? Your response is 'yes' and you quoted Jer 24. This is exactly the most ridiculous of your premises.

MrPresident1:

Humble yourself, it is your arrogance and pomposity that did not allow you to grasp the truth, and has made you clutch at straws till date , (I have an inkling who you are).

Seriously, did all you wrote really make sense to you?

MrPresident1:

More nausea inducing ignorance. If you had humbled yourself, and tried to learn, you wouldn't be here today spouting stomach churning nonsense at this epoch in the evolution of knowledge, arrogance destroyed you. Shame! Take note, I am not arguing with you or anyone, if you do not understand me, it just simply means it is not in you, that is just as easy as it is. Jesus said his own sheep will hear his own voice.

Feel free to hurl all the torrents you want. Neither am I arguing with you. Just performing my civic responsibility by pointing out errors that are in the guise of truth for the sake of posterity. It won't change a thing. All I am saying is when ever you present an argument, back them up with discrete and valid premises. Not like the ones you've got up there. They are very silly and they tend to portray you as a matured idiot.

MrPresident1:

There were all written in allegories, the Bible was not meant to be understood literally, the words were meant to be seen in pictures, they were not meant to be taken literally. Jesus was from David, that he came lowly, does it remove from the fact that he was of the highest nobility? Does it? It was his purpose, the purpose of his incarnation demanded a low estate, but he was rich!

For example, when the bible says "though shall not steal" according to your logic, it shouldn't be understood literally. Therefore, what could be the actual meaning since it is figurative?

MrPresident1:

In conclusion, Jesus Christ is not a single person, under that name is a composite of characters, therefore everything said to have been done by Jesus Christ is allegories with deeper meaning when examined compositely.

I would have asked you to explain the relationship between your concluding remarks and your opening propositions but I am tired of reading poo.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by analice107: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
MrPresident1:

Maybe the phone is Hiphone grin, the 'H' was sandpapered away so you were conned into buying Hiphone instead of iphone cheesy
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christians, Learn How To Curse Your Enemies The Biblical Way. / Today Is Good Friday. What Is The Significance Of Good Friday? / What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.