Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? (27813 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Dyt(f): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
Dunno why this don't make no sense to me sha
undecided undecided
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
iAmCharis:
Calm your tițs, miss.

What if he's never slept with any lady and will not do so till marriage? What would your answer to his question be?

Let him look for the virgin to marry na. Is anyone forcing non virgins on him. If he does not trust the one that says she is still a virgin he can always take her to the hospital for a virginity test.

7 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by TamedWolf90: 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
mysticgal:
I think you should look for a virgin as a wife undecided
And Then dump all those your female friends and get virgin ones

I had take you the way you are any day anytime.. .
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by adedayoa2(f): 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
How will you know the ones that have not gone through these things?

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by sekem: 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
My friend will you shut up there!

What are you saying?

Are you paying for her pusŝy or what?

You that is talking of guys manipulating these girls in all sorts of sexual experiment, are you completely free from the sin yourself?

You want to girls to remain sexually chaste but the guys can continue to be sexual champs abi?

After condemning someone's daughter, you will rush to your village to marry a virgin abi?

You want free bride price abi?

Okay na... keep hoping.

Mtcheeewww

12 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Boyooosa(m): 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
You have said it all 'reduced in value' and it's not like u r not taking anything. Even if you go to a market to buy rotten tomato grin (esha), you will still need to pay a reduced price (token) b4 u can go with a basket, much more of a vag that will still give u drone cheesy fun and celebrated babies. Why now, Oga you must pay o! But you can negotiate and reduce price, all you need to do is to let her parents know where you are coming from wink

I knew it DAT I will not see much pink 'f's here. They are all guilty of contemporary bleeping embarassed
ZooAfrica, food is ready! grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Mikehell(m): 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
I'm here to read comment...... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by joshrare(m): 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
Gaborone:
It is a necessity.

Those who mess them up have to marry them.

After you finish sleeping with dozens of women as a bachelor, you have to prepare sometime in your life to go and prostrate before the father/family of a girl whom dozens of other men have slept with. You also tacitly or expressly beg for her to be handed to you in marriage , while assuming that position. Though it doesn't always happen this way, but the universe usually balances itself out.

Conclusively, op, if you have slept with one or several ladies yourself, it is high time you started saving to get your brideprice ready for the D-day. You may want to refer to what I said earlier about the balancing act of the universe too, in case you are one of those men.

There are some lucky ones you know? After messing some girls up they get for themselves fresh girls that have not been messed up.....
The guys win in most cases especially a situation where they ladies eventually bear them a child outside wedlock.... You hear such guy saying I can't marry an "after one" where as he already made someone "after one"

My advice is that the ladies should take things slow. Materialism and over heating has driven most of them wild....
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Arinze86(m): 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
Dude, from all uv said it clearly tells ur unmarried...when ur married, u will clearly notice dat marriage is not all about sex cos from ur explanations nd illustrations ur all talking about sex, finger, moan nd all bla bla bla....ur paying for someone to call urs...to help u build urslf nd ur kids...to stand by u evn under d rain nd in d sun...

8 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by EpicMaurice(m): 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
The best solution is.....

.....Do unto other girls, what you know some guy somewhere is doing to your future wife gringringringringrin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by sirusX(m): 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
Despite the odometer or mileage reading on the woman...it's a necessary custom or tradition that must follow.

We live in a world were the actual meaning of bride price has lost its relevance

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by mysticgal(f): 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
TamedWolf90:

I had take you the way you are any day anytime.. .
What have I done to you embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Favored4gud: 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
Remove the speck in your eyes so you can see clearly to remove from others. One man's trash is another man's TREASURE.

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Olalan(m): 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
To some the Op is saying trash, to some he has valid points it all depends on which side of morality they all belong. But I am yet to see a guy who would not give much more respect to a virgin lady in this age who has all the qualities it take to be a good wife and mother.

3 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by 0ubenji(m): 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
crackhaus:

Does it matter?

Remember he won't be the one needing something to be paid/bought on his head before he can be married.
Mbano!!

If u want change, it definitely starts with u.

4 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by FaithZion2(f): 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
Thank God I never open my honeypot to any slot, EmmaJesus where u dey?? Oya to my papa house. kiss proud to be me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by delerx(m): 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
No let indingbos see this oo. They benefit more from bride price
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
Arinze86:
Dude, from all uv said it clearly tells ur unmarried...when ur married, u will clearly notice dat marriage is not all about sex cos from ur explanations nd illustrations ur all talking about sex, finger, moan nd all bla bla bla....ur paying for someone to call urs...to help u build urslf nd ur kids...to stand by u evn under d rain nd in d sun...

Eiyah. Its a pity you can't tell maybe I am or not.

2 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Donraqh(m): 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
Lexxyburg:
If no be me burst am, I doubt say I fit marry am.
Bros u bad oooo... u mean say u never burst one drop b4? or u never do I mean d do.. lolzz

IMO she doesn't.
Tokunbo price diff from tear rubber.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
crackhaus:

Does it matter?

Remember he won't be the one needing something to be paid/bought on his head before he can be married.

grin chai what a response, you had rolling on the floor

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by 0ubenji(m): 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
Nigerians are the best composers of articles advocating for change. Ironically, they never intend for this change to start with them or even involve them at all.
Nigerians: excellent problem detectors, but the weakest solutionists

5 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by ayusco85(m): 1:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
handysuzy:

Booked
By handysuzy who loves doing hand stuffs
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by freecocoa(f): 1:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
Mschew.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Lexxyburg(m): 1:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=Donraqh post=48212969][/quote]Normal thing to chop appetizers before main dish.

Followed by desserts lol.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Ghost447(m): 1:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
LordIsaac:
My friend, we are a part of a third world country. Over 50% of Nigerians are uncivilized and the aged cannot really fend for themselves. Many still depend on children they have not trained and raised for survival. What do you expect?
I once dated a girl (jobless undergraduate) whose dad always request recharge card from. Actually, some parents are partially responsible for the immoral act of their children.

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by jayriginal: 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
Op aren't you being a hypocrite?

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Olabestonic001(m): 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
elomez:

Let him look for the virgin to marry na. Is anyone forcing non virgins on him. If he does not trust the one that says she is still a virgin he can always take her to the hospital for a virginity test.

The good thing now, though, is that women are now earning lots of money.
For those cultures where they charged high bride-price, na for the lady and the guy to contribute for her people's billing on top her matter.
I know a lady who had to postpone her wedding by 18 months (she works in a multi-national while her man is just barely "gainfully" employed). They both had to start "Contributing" for her people together.
As long as the happiness of the lady must also be factored in (that is marrying who she loves and not money bags), she must be ready to put all her energy to ensure the man succeeds in marrying her. Girls, who still thinks they can cross leg while their families "troubles" their man on Bride Price that is sometimes more than the man's a year earning, must wake up and know that they gotta help raise funds for their Charge and Bail families.

3 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
sekem:
My friend will you shut up there!

What are you saying?

Are you paying for her pusŝy or what?

You that is talking of guys manipulating these girls in all sorts of sexual experiment, are you completely free from the sin yourself?

You want to girls to remain sexually chaste but the guys can continue to be sexual champs abi?

After condemning someone's daughter, you will rush to your village to marry a virgin abi?

You want free bride price abi?

Okay na... keep hoping.

Mtcheeewww

Cool down dude! Who is talking about vag here? We're talking pride, ego and self esteem you are saying something else.

2 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by DandyWalker(m): 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:
Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price.

Let me start by saying I have a number of female friends -platonic friendship, I mean - with different shapes and shades. Some I grew up together with, while others, I met through different avenues like the media, school et all - just like every other guy out there. As mature ladies, almost all of them have had their 'fair' share of relationships with different experiences that, if only they could add it to their CVs, would qualify them as 'veterans' on the 'job'.

From what I have seen, and from what they have told me, many guys have dumped them, and they have dumped many guys. A number of them have had up to 10 boyfriends/sexual partners, some have had much less or much.

Virtually all are in their early 20s. The very bold ones among them have described their sexual experiences which sometimes include oral (cunnilingus and MouthAction) and even anal sex. Some have even had to terminated one or two pregnancies for guys who later dumped them or in some cases, who they later dumped.

Yours truly, each time they tell me this, my body recoils in disgust. I wish I could help it. But oftentimes I can't but begin to imagine the sexual act: how the guy handles her the way he pleases, insert his hand-no matter how filthy- into even the most intimate place in her body , twists and turns her to mimic a dog, a monkey etc ,while she moans away..............And this is not 1 guy, not 2 and sometimes, not 10!

From what I have seen, It seems to me my friends (the girls) are always 'on heat'. Because as soon as a guy dumps them, they jump at another, and the 'sexual circuit' is never broken.

The funny thing is, my friends have not done anything unusual , because that is what most girls do these days. It has become a norm, not an exception! Well, Its a modern world-at least , that is what they say- and I seem to be outdated in the way I feel about them. But I think they would also agree with me that we should forgo the ERA OF BRIDE PRICE, because they don't deserve it!

Why do I have to pay for what some guys have had for free?!Why do I have to pay over a girl whose private parts still drip of the Fluid of other guys?! No tell me, why do I have to pay over a girl who has carried and aborted pregnancies for some other guys who had her with little or nothing?!

Fine, I know a woman has much more to offer than sex in marriage. But she has definitely reduced her value with those sexual escapades. All a man lives for is EGO and self esteem. She has denied me that EGO and pride over her, at least, not when many other guys out there know the exact locations of the scars and birth marks in her private parts............and of course her 'ringtones'!
#Copied
pls OP, where did u copy this write up from?
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by BABANGBALI: 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
missvera:
Ayam laughing grin cheesy
Why are you laffing?are you a fagin?
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2016
ayusco85:
Blame poverty bro. A girl that has had lesser Sexual partner is from a better well to do family. So hw bout to go after girls from well to do homes

You are wrong Bro. Some are just cheerful givers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child / Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times / Somebody Is Trying To Molest My Neighbour's Six-Year-Old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.