Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,126 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? (27818 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by tochman(m): 2:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
This issue can be easily resolved. I think virgins deserve their full bride price while those those ladies that have been deflowered deserve half or quarter or even no bride price, depending on the situation of things

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by frubben(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
iAmCharis:
Calm your tițs, miss.

What if he's never slept with any lady and will not do so till marriage? What would your answer to his question be?

One tin I understand in this life is men are not blind, we know wife material if we see them, so a babe that present herself cheap will be treated as such. Period
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:
Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price.

Let me start by saying I have a number of female friends -platonic friendship, I mean - with different shapes and shades. Some I grew up together with, while others, I met through different avenues like the media, school et all - just like every other guy out there. As mature ladies, almost all of them have had their 'fair' share of relationships with different experiences that, if only they could add it to their CVs, would qualify them as 'veterans' on the 'job'.

From what I have seen, and from what they have told me, many guys have dumped them, and they have dumped many guys. A number of them have had up to 10 boyfriends/sexual partners, some have had much less or much.

Virtually all are in their early 20s. The very bold ones among them have described their sexual experiences which sometimes include oral (cunnilingus and MouthAction) and even anal sex. Some have even had to terminated one or two pregnancies for guys who later dumped them or in some cases, who they later dumped.

Yours truly, each time they tell me this, my body recoils in disgust. I wish I could help it. But oftentimes I can't but begin to imagine the sexual act: how the guy handles her the way he pleases, insert his hand-no matter how filthy- into even the most intimate place in her body , twists and turns her to mimic a dog, a monkey etc ,while she moans away..............And this is not 1 guy, not 2 and sometimes, not 10!

From what I have seen, It seems to me my friends (the girls) are always 'on heat'. Because as soon as a guy dumps them, they jump at another, and the 'sexual circuit' is never broken.

The funny thing is, my friends have not done anything unusual , because that is what most girls do these days. It has become a norm, not an exception! Well, Its a modern world-at least , that is what they say- and I seem to be outdated in the way I feel about them. But I think they would also agree with me that we should forgo the ERA OF BRIDE PRICE, because they don't deserve it!

Why do I have to pay for what some guys have had for free?!Why do I have to pay over a girl whose private parts still drip of the Fluid of other guys?! No tell me, why do I have to pay over a girl who has carried and aborted pregnancies for some other guys who had her with little or nothing?!

Fine, I know a woman has much more to offer than sex in marriage. But she has definitely reduced her value with those sexual escapades. All a man lives for is EGO and self esteem. She has denied me that EGO and pride over her, at least, not when many other guys out there know the exact locations of the scars and birth marks in her private parts............and of course her 'ringtones'!
#Copied

nonsense post! It is your own ego that is tied down to a woman's activity or lack of it, not most men! Mtchewww!

People like us, our ego is tied down to our ownself and not what one woman does or did not do.

Also. If she has had about 10 boyfriends, so do the guys! If guys are allowed to have sex as they feel like, why not allow the girls?

Why should a woman deny herself sex when she actually wants it?

HELLO LADIES, IF YOU FEEL LIKE HAVING SEX, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL UP YOUR BOYFRIEND OR JUST ANOTHER MALE FRIEND SO YOU BOTH COULD HAVE A QUICK ONE! IT IS YOUR BODY, NO ONE SHARES IT WITH YOU. THOSE WHO TELL YOU TO KEEP YOURSELF, SHOULD ALSO OFFER TO TAKE THE URGE FROM YOU TOO! IF THEY CAN'T, WELL, THEY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO TELL YOU HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE OR HOW YOU DON'T WANT TO LIVE YOUR LIFE!

it is so funny how some people shame other people for not being chaste while they refuse to offer to help these people deal with the urge.

As they don have as much sex as they want, wetin don change? Day break abi e no break?

5 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Darlx(m): 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

Let me start by saying I have a number of female friends -platonic friendship, I mean - with different shapes and shades. Some I grew up together with, while others, I met through different avenues like the media, school et all - just like every other guy out there. As mature ladies, almost all of them have had their 'fair' share of relationships with different experiences that, if only they could add it to their CVs, would qualify them as 'veterans' on the 'job'.

From what I have seen, and from what they have told me, many guys have dumped them, and they have dumped many guys. A number of them have had up to 10 boyfriends/sexual partners, some have had much less or much.

Virtually all are in their early 20s. The very bold ones among them have described their sexual experiences which sometimes include oral (cunnilingus and MouthAction) and even anal sex. Some have even had to terminated one or two pregnancies for guys who later dumped them or in some cases, who they later dumped.

Yours truly, each time they tell me this, my body recoils in disgust. I wish I could help it. But oftentimes I can't but begin to imagine the sexual act: how the guy handles her the way he pleases, insert his hand-no matter how filthy- into even the most intimate place in her body , twists and turns her to mimic a dog, a monkey etc ,while she moans away..............And this is not 1 guy, not 2 and sometimes, not 10!

From what I have seen, It seems to me my friends (the girls) are always 'on heat'. Because as soon as a guy dumps them, they jump at another, and the 'sexual circuit' is never broken.

The funny thing is, my friends have not done anything unusual , because that is what most girls do these days. It has become a norm, not an exception! Well, Its a modern world-at least , that is what they say- and I seem to be outdated in the way I feel about them. But I think they would also agree with me that we should forgo the ERA OF BRIDE PRICE, because they don't deserve it!

Why do I have to pay for what some guys have had for free?!Why do I have to pay over a girl whose private parts still drip of the Fluid of other guys?! No tell me, why do I have to pay over a girl who has carried and aborted pregnancies for some other guys who had her with little or nothing?!

Fine, I know a woman has much more to offer than sex in marriage. But she has definitely reduced her value with those sexual escapades. All a man lives for is EGO and self esteem. She has denied me that EGO and pride over her, at least, not when many other guys out there know the exact locations of the scars and birth marks in her private parts............and of course her 'ringtones'!
#Copied

Your argument is flawed and myopic. It takes two to have sex. A MALE and a FEMALE (leaving out GAYS, LESBIANS and other non-conventionals)

There are statistical data to show that MEN usually have more sex partners throughout their life span than WOMEN.

So, why expect righteousness from others and not yourself!? If a woman is not deserving of a bride price simply because she is not a virgin, then I wonder what we as MEN should be ready to forfeit too because of the several times we've gone astray.

Let's not be overly clouded in judgements and be quick to throw stones, when even you that is talking @OP is not an inch less innocent than those girls. Abegi undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
tochman:
This issue can be easily resolved. I think virgins deserve their full bride price while those those ladies that have been deflowered deserve half or quarter or even no bride price, depending on the situation of things
you mean the virgins who've read so much mills and boons and have masturbateed to it before?

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
legalspices:
Op, lemme ask u, are u a virgin??
If yes..the maybe u are underage and have no clue wat u talking about....wait till u get there

If no, how many babes have u 'kpansh' since u discovered the deep hole drilled in ladies??
If none...then u as deceitful as a silicone bosom

If few/ many, many of ur type end up with the most adventurous,famous ,wasted olosho of all

Even the ones who ends up with the corporate ones will be better off.

But wait o...this guy might have ordered or on top one kitten and come here to discourage some dudes and babes here o....chai...aye oooo

To your first question, I should be able to count 3 decades of years for you.

Secondly, I've LOST COUNTS (Sarcasm)

Thirdly, I bought tear rubber.

But you don't have to vent all your anger on me. The topic is all about keeping your dignity tight and not keeping your virginity.

Many virtuous ladies are out there and have lost their virginity due to one avoidable or unavoidable circumstances but they are still with their pride!

I'm not saying I must marry virgin but hell no I can't marry a flat with borehole.

@the bold part, you know weekend don come naw and mammy no dey around so I must to survive grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
Darlx:

Your argument is flawed and myopic. It takes two to have sex. A MALE and a FEMALE (leaving out GAYS, LESBIANS and other non-conventionals)

There are statistical data to show that MEN usually have more sex partners throughout their life span than WOMEN.

So, why expect righteousness from others and not yourself!? If a woman is not deserving of a bride price simply because she is not a virgin, then I wonder what we as MEN should be ready to forfeit too because of the several times we've gone astray.

Let's not be overly clouded in judgements and be quick to throw stones, when even you that is talking @OP is not a inch less innocent than those girls. Abegi undecided

it is absolutely untrue that men have more sex partners than women in a life time. The fact is: they both have equal number of sex partners through out life time. The only way it could be different in favour of men is if men are bi sexual and women are not. The fact is, every single time i heterosexual man has sex, he does it with a woman.

The number of men that have sex with her is the number of men she is also having sex with and vice versa.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
samblack:
stop beating around the bush and answer the question.okay I think that one is too much for you to comprehend let me put it the way you will understand.if two people are found guilty of theft should only one of them be made to pay a fine? And should the one be given to the father of the other thief?
Theft?? Really?? U using that as an example??

Are the ladies sleeping with apes?? Its this same YOU that fingers them as them to moan cos u "love" it....its this same YOU that pleads 'baby.. we don't need this now....pls let's not bring the baby in now' its this same YOU that carelessly ask if she is a slot cos she ask u to use 'protection' ....its the same YOU she sincerely supports physically emotionally finqncially...satisfy u with everything including his same "puzzay" and u dump her humble heart for one instagram borrow pose babe...it's the same YOU who gets the 'virtuous woman' no ugly past...a virgin and goes all out to bring in infections, bad luck ,problems then u jam ur early grave and turn her to a widow with all the burden to carry

And its the same YOU coming here to spew talks about who is worth bride price and who isn't

Let he who is without sin.......

And ur question....yes!!! they should both be punished for the theft

2 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Ngokafor(f): 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
...Another day another silly thread by silly idle males.It's funny how morally-bankrupt male individuals feel they have an opinion on anybody's morals or have a right to a 'chaste ' spouse.Continue fooling yourselves.If you like when its time to marry,quote your nonsense theory and postulations to your prospective in-laws..na una sabi.

..At the end of the day,you all shall end up with the partners you deserve.Thats it.

4 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by LordIsaac(m): 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=9jatatafo post=48213929]

Pride price is never meant to test a man's financial ability! Its a means to show that the man really want the woman as his wife and making both families be present. Do white people pay pride price?[/
quote]
We're talking about Nigerians here...where a jobless man favours c*nt over work....in the end, raising children he can't fend for. Trust me, it tests a man's financial ability!
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by flokii: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
@OP This issue you brought up is kind of tricky to address cos. there is no way a guy will comment 'honestly' and won't be seen as bias by the ladies. Afterall they don't yarnsh themselves abi?

But one thing that saddens me is the fact that most of them confuse 'cheap' with 'pride'.. Virginity used to be Pride and stood for dignity then, why they had lasting and happy marriages.

But nowadays, you see ladies bragging about their bodycounts, sexcapades and all, some even after tying the knot still engage in such show of shame for likes and attention.. Just bad

Since we can't help it, let's just hope the younger ones learn and act better.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
frubben:

One tin I understand in this life is men are not blind, we know wife material if we see them, so a babe that present herself cheap will be treated as such. Period

a woman is not cheap if she wants to have sex with you on the first date! The word 'cheap' was introduced so as to keep them down but guess what, were they really kept down in the past, or are they just begining to become more confident about it?

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by professore(m): 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
The girls of nowadays are sorry ones,if there is anything like that.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
pacino26:
This is definitely a bashing thread. But come to look at it, it's the dignity that the Op is arguing about here. The sacredness of the feminine nature who are bound to be vessels communicating between this world and the heavens.

Growing up, I listened and read a lot on Sex before I finally indulged. A lot of young people dont understand this. That explains why at a certain age girls start receiving special training and treatments in preparation for the sacred task.

True it is your body but then.. ...........

Op I feel you, just pray you end up with a woman you can be proud of.

The Honor of a man is a chaste and virtuous wife.

Funny we think the norm today is frolicking around and doing head counts with the opposite sex. At least now some sensible ladies can read and see that sex can never keep a man. Plus it's disgusting after been revered by a man only for him to find out you've a 24" pot with the usual 'I was raped when I was a teenager'

Tell them my brother!
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by frubben(m): 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
craziebone:

a woman is not cheap if she wants to have sex with you on the first date! The word 'cheap' was introduced so as to keep them down but guess what, were they really kept down in the past, or are they just begining to become more confident about it?

When we meet for the first date and I buy u heaven and earth den u are cheap, I ask u for sex on the first date and u agree u are cheap. Guys likes challenges. Period
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by whoisuche: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

#Copied

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. If one begin to imagine the past you cannot go forward. No one is justify not only by sexual sin, but other sin. May God help us. Amen.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

Tell them my brother!

you and the person you quoted should just go an have a sit

if a lady has sex, she is not doing it for you! She is doing it because she wants to do it; because she wants ti feel her body; because she like how it is when a man fills her up in her groin area; because she fantacises about it; because she wants to be engulfed in the strong arms of a man who would kiss her at the back of the neck, down her back to just abover her perfectly round buttocks! She wants to experience it when a man smooches her buttocks, run his hands down the divides of her buttocks and slightly parting her labia. She wants to lay on her back vulnerable and feel her strong man penetrate her already wet vaginnna, sliding through the curves and bumps there in.

Yes, ladies should be able to explore their bodies that way!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
frubben:

When we meet for the first date and I buy u heaven and earth den u are cheap, I ask u for sex on the first date and u agree u are cheap. Guys likes challenges. Period

not every woman wants your money! Not every guy likes 'challenges'. Some just like straight forward girls, Period!

3 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
Olalan:
To some the Op is saying trash, to some he has valid points it all depends on which side of morality they all belong. But I am yet to see a guy who would not give much more respect to a virgin lady in this age who has all the qualities it take to be a good wife and mother.

if i value her, then its because she is a good person and can be a good wife and mother; not because she had never had sex before i met her. What about all the mills and boons they read and then go on to masturbate off later on?
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
craziebone:

you and the person you quoted should just go an have a sit

if a lady has sex, she is not doing it for you! She is doing it because she wants to do it; because she wants ti feel her body; because she like how it is when a man fills her up in her groin area; because she fantacises about it; because she wants to be engulfed in the strong arms of a man who would kiss her at the back of the neck, down her back to just abover her perfectly round buttocks! She wants to experience it when a man smooches her buttocks, run his hands down the divides of her buttocks and slightly parting her labia. She wants to lay on her back vulnerable and feel her strong man penetrate her already wet vaginnna, sliding through the curves and bumps there in.

Yes, ladies should be able to explore their bodies that way!

I really hope you could give your daughter this sort of education soonest.

4 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by frubben(m): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
craziebone:

not every woman wants your money! Not every guy likes 'challenges'. Some just like straight forward girls, Period!
at lease the op is with me and other commenter's
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by olasmith10(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
If u rent an apartment, u pay for the damages if the previous occupant(s)
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
'' Why do I have to pay over a girl whose private parts still drip of the Fluid of other guys?! ''

OP the above ehn cry cry cry, chai to marry nor hungry me again embarassed :- embarassed
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

Fine, I know a woman has much more to offer than sex in marriage. But she has definitely reduced her value with those sexual escapades.All a man lives for is EGO and self esteem. She has denied me that EGO and pride over her, at least, not when many other guys out there know the exact locations of the scars and birth marks in her private parts............and of course her 'ringtones'!

#Copied

you're a confused fool with low self esteem.

it's okay for other girls to know your private parts, scars and ringtones but it kills your ego and self esteem for your spouse ex's to know her ringtones and scars.

seems you have nothing serious to think about than wonder how many guys know your partners 'ringtone'. poor man mentality!

go marry white woman if u no wan pay bride price. like it's our fault bride price is a tradition.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by smiliyB(f): 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

Lolz grin that's more rhetoric grin

BTW lalasticlala come and see Tonto dike killing one big snake here grin
Answer the question,if u have ever participated in one,then u have no right to judge anybody....beside there are plenty of the girls dat still keep their dignity.

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2016
spartoo:

I knew a lady was goin2 ask this question..

they will always look for a way to make u feel guilty or justify unholy deeds undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i gbadu dis Mugabe quote grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

I really hope you could give your daughter this sort of education soonest.

that would be as soon as you begin to tell your sons to stay put and not misbehave with other people's daughters

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

The bold part nailed it. We ought to be paying for their purity not their iniquity. Though it's love that matter most in marriage but that sense of trust also does.

You ought to trust your wife enough whenever you ain't around, but how much will you trust someone that you met almost exhausted of that thing naw grin

ode talk. who told you women benefit from bride price no be the men in the family go still collect. when you want to marry negotiate with your in laws or marry from places where the bride price is 5naira or go teamforeigngirls nonsense

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by DandyWalker(m): 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

Not really but you sounds like someone I knew from Ijero Ekiti
Lol. I can't even remember posting this article on Facebook. Where did u see it on Facebook?
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by crackhaus: 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
0ubenji:

Mbano!!

If u want change, it definitely starts with u.
Change?
Who says I want change?

As far as I'm concerned, when the time comes for a man and woman to marry, it is important that a list must be given to the woman's family the way a list is given to the man's family.

One person shouldn't be paying when both of them have been engaging in all kinds of premarital sex.
It's either both of them pay up, or no one pays at all..

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by iriskiki(f): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
Very true.

So I'm assuming he paid the bride price for those girls he practiced manliness on abi?

OP answer na?

crackhaus:

Does it matter?

Remember he won't be the one needing something to be paid/bought on his head before he can be married.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Teespice(f): 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
hmmm

you say you cannot pay for what someone else has used, no qualms

search yourself and be sure that you have not used someone's future wife and discarded her before you begin dey yarn dust.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child / Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times / Somebody Is Trying To Molest My Neighbour's Six-Year-Old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.