Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 (26820 Views)

At What Rate Does CBN Sell Dollars To BDCs? / Senate Wants CBN To Convert Lower Naira Notes Into Coins / Dollars To Hajj Pilgrims: CBN To Lose N7.6bn Tax Payers' Money - Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by nextstep(m): 7:06am On Aug 05, 2016
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? shocked

So many flaws in this that my head is spinning.

I only hope that this is fake news that will be refuted in the next few hours... standing by.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by tyhwo: 7:07am On Aug 05, 2016
FFK is right! Christians are second class citizens of 9ja

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by misterjosh(m): 7:10am On Aug 05, 2016
But why, this is total none.sense. Of what economic importance is this. A total exhange rate loss of over 7trillion naira?
Anyone that can afford to change naira at the current rate should jejeli stay at home. Is it by force to go for pilgrimage... Wait till economy is better, and not add more burden to our weak economy.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 05, 2016
For those screaming Islamize Nigeria please get some sense in as much it's bad economic policy, both Christian and Muslims always get dollars at subsided rates.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by eyeview: 7:12am On Aug 05, 2016
I think its time for everyone who voted or worked for the enthronment of this govt to somersault and die!

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by omogin(f): 7:14am On Aug 05, 2016
Open air govt fraud!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by slap1(m): 7:16am On Aug 05, 2016
Northocracy. Some people said it, but they were called names. No matter how low Buhari drags this sinking country, my conscience sparkles in the knowledge that I never, for once, believed in this illiterate cattle farmer. sad

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by LorDBolton(m): 7:17am On Aug 05, 2016
I don't believe this... wtf

@agalamanyi thanks for clearing things up with the documents.

BUT NIGERIAS NEXT PRESIDENT MUST BE AN ATHEIST. ITS A MUST. CHURCHES MOSQUES TRADITIONAL SHRINES MUST BE DEMOLISHED, ... who dem epp?

AN ATHEIST MUST BE PRESIDENT IN 2019

4 Likes

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by marve777: 7:17am On Aug 05, 2016
How would the economy of this country pick up
CBN will not and can not sell @ that rate of 197 to business people or even to students that are running programme in foreign country. But the same country can afford to sell at that rate so that those that are already over fed can go on a jamboree pilgrimage. not as if the state is given subsidy to them so that they going there to pray for this country ailing economy. This will even create rooms for this people to buy this dollars and Re sell at that present high rate.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 05, 2016
bumi10:
bad people

this is really money for some selected people

God is watching oooo

God has been watching since time immemorial.

If we don't pressure our leaders to start taking sensible decisions, God will watch for eternity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Kenmoris22: 7:18am On Aug 05, 2016
ojun50:
Cdn no serious importers need dis dollars @ that rate nt dis pilgrims who keeping going very year without seeing there impact in dis economy since 1999.

Them no they pray for house self abi d Nigeria prayer no they answer ni.
my brother this a serious question that this so called leaders need to ans

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 05, 2016
Well, if he approved the same package for Xtian pilgrims I cannot in all honesty accuse him of bias...what I can say though is that it's a silly policy especially in these times.

8 Likes

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by hahn(m): 7:19am On Aug 05, 2016
dearpreye:

God has been watching since time immemorial.

If we don't pressure our leaders to start taking sensible decisions, God will watch for eternity.

God indeed undecided

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:19am On Aug 05, 2016
Pavarottii:
First Class Citizens. Shebi wen FFK was asking whether Christians are second class citizens; I saw comments of people raining insults on him that he is a thief, he is trying to cause division etc... now I hope we can see with our clear eyes; that FFK was right, this is just an example.

Even Christian business men will never get this opportunity. But Muslims will get it for a vacation.

Christians open ur eyes; cos wen it will come to ur doorstep, don't say FFK didn't warn u.
They are truly first class citizen, even on nairaland, before you click on muslim site, you will go through test and warning but Christian site, nothing at all.

5 Likes

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Emyogalanya: 7:19am On Aug 05, 2016
Thank God its not igbos that are raising this point igbos don shout tire but other nigerian no dey hear . These guys are not worth being compatriots with
dearpreye:
Nigeria couldn't secure FOREX for its students schooling outside the country but it has made same available for those going to stone the devil in a better organised society. The real devil to be stoned is in Nigeria.

As far as Nigeria keeps sponsoring all these useless pilgrimages to Jerusalem or Mecca, it can't claim to be a secular country as stated in the backward constitution.

Nigeria actually isn't serious about development and progress.

Government should completely hands off this nonsense.

Nigeria is hopeless. It's a misfortune being born here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by slap1(m): 7:21am On Aug 05, 2016
ojun50:

don't hate being a Nigeria jst pray Nigeria get better in a short time

Which prayer? angry

To which god? Countries that don't believe in Christianity are making steady progress and you think we have to pray our way out? angry sad
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Kenmoris22: 7:22am On Aug 05, 2016
ojun50:

don't hate being a Nigeria jst pray Nigeria get better in a short time
any body expecting a maisiah to change this fucking country called nigeria should wait till the second coming of jesus christ
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by abouzaid: 7:23am On Aug 05, 2016
bashorunbazok:
Many people are blinded with hatred. Did he not order thesame for Christians going on pilgrimage recently?

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved N160 to $1 exchange rate for the Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission’s (NCPC) operations.

The commission’s Executive Secretary, John Keneddy-Opara, told State House correspondents after briefing Buhari on the commission’s activities at the State House, Abuja.

He said: “As you are aware, he has approved $1 to N160 for the conventional exchange rate for this pilgrimage operation and he also agreed that he will continue to encourage us, particularly as we drive to ensure self-sustenance, to make sure that the pilgrims are able to pay for the pilgrimages by removing government sponsorship.

“This is a journey and we are sure that we are going to succeed. So, he was very happy with the entire process. We are praying that God will help us to be a source of strength to Mr.

President, so that the Federal Government and states will spend the necessary resources on other things while the pilgrimage is self-funding as time goes on.

“We are already running four pilgrimages in one year. The first is the Easter pilgrimage, which has passed, the Youth Pilgrimage which we termed operation catch them young, the family pilgrimage and the overall pilgrimage. For those going to Israel for the 11 days trip, it is N379,840 and for the youth pilgrimage, it is going to cost N357,000.”

Nigerians on pilgrimage, he noted, can now undergo skill acquisition programme organised by the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission and Israel’s Ministry of Agriculture, towards training them in the area of agriculture.

He added: “We are introducing the pilgrimage pilot lottery scheme that will enable people who are lucky to be able to go on this trip without much dependence on the state and the Federal Government.”

He said he was in the State House to brief the President on the activities of the commission.

“I came to brief the President on the activities of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission. Earlier, my colleague, the Chairman of Hajj Commission had come to brief him.

“I had to tell him where we are and how we started the commission and where we are today and our prayers. I want to say that the President was very happy with the commission and he said the commission has done very well.”
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-okays-n160-to-1-for-christian-pilgrims/
bros, what is wrong, he shouldn't do that for either Christians or Muslims but we know he's doing it because the vast majority of pilgrims are Muslims, Christians probable make up less than 5% of all pilgrims yearly.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 05, 2016
Emyogalanya:
Thank God its not igbos that are raising this point igbos don shout tire but other nigerian no dey hear . These guys are not worth being compatriots with

Sadly in this matter, even the Christian pilgrimage is an equal waste of scarce resources. The government has no business sponsoring personal pilgrimages .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by adconline(m): 7:25am On Aug 05, 2016
We need more religion than foreign-trained doctors, engineers, software developers, nurses, accountants, and lawyers etc.. No wonder Naija is devil's experimental lab on earth!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by babajero(m): 7:27am On Aug 05, 2016
bashorunbazok:
Many people are blinded with hatred. Did he not order thesame for Christians going on pilgrimage recently?

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved N160 to $1 exchange rate for the Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission’s (NCPC) operations.

The commission’s Executive Secretary, John Keneddy-Opara, told State House correspondents after briefing Buhari on the commission’s activities at the State House, Abuja.

He said: “As you are aware, he has approved $1 to N160 for the conventional exchange rate for this pilgrimage operation and he also agreed that he will continue to encourage us, particularly as we drive to ensure self-sustenance, to make sure that the pilgrims are able to pay for the pilgrimages by removing government sponsorship.

“This is a journey and we are sure that we are going to succeed. So, he was very happy with the entire process. We are praying that God will help us to be a source of strength to Mr.

President, so that the Federal Government and states will spend the necessary resources on other things while the pilgrimage is self-funding as time goes on.

“We are already running four pilgrimages in one year. The first is the Easter pilgrimage, which has passed, the Youth Pilgrimage which we termed operation catch them young, the family pilgrimage and the overall pilgrimage. For those going to Israel for the 11 days trip, it is N379,840 and for the youth pilgrimage, it is going to cost N357,000.”

Nigerians on pilgrimage, he noted, can now undergo skill acquisition programme organised by the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission and Israel’s Ministry of Agriculture, towards training them in the area of agriculture.

He added: “We are introducing the pilgrimage pilot lottery scheme that will enable people who are lucky to be able to go on this trip without much dependence on the state and the Federal Government.”

He said he was in the State House to brief the President on the activities of the commission.

“I came to brief the President on the activities of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission. Earlier, my colleague, the Chairman of Hajj Commission had come to brief him.

“I had to tell him where we are and how we started the commission and where we are today and our prayers. I want to say that the President was very happy with the commission and he said the commission has done very well.”
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-okays-n160-to-1-for-christian-pilgrims/
What rubbish did you type, we are talking about state of the economy, and you are here writing christian muslim trash. If you consider yourself a nigerian youth, then nigeria is doomed with people like you as its youth.

4 Likes

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Alhaji1970: 7:28am On Aug 05, 2016

Pilgrimage and indeed all aspects of religious obligations should NOT be part of Government job/duty.
Leave religions to organizations and individuals.
If someone wants to go on tourism to Israel he should do that on his accord. Same for Muslims going on religious obligations to Makka and Madinah.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by tsdarkside(m): 7:32am On Aug 05, 2016
veekid:
Im a Muslim, but this is an act of being bias now

how.,,??.,..

this is bussiness.. you think cbn will give up just like that because you care about the black market than them??...

cbn doesnt need to give a shit about you!!!..

cbn is always the legitim money changer...

you want to make the black market to a bank...then fine..,,,..

then you will have play after the rules of the black market...enjoy...

their was always a reason why jonathan failed with you...the way moses failed with you toooo..

you only have rubbbbish in your minds!!...
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Omeokachie: 7:32am On Aug 05, 2016
Hajj is an individual's religious obligation. The injunction is to those who can afford it. Our collective wealth is being used to help a few to carry out something that is not mandatory, and which adds nothing to the entire populace.
When the "change" frenzy got hold of our youth, I knew it was nothing but gimmick to return power to the north. Now eyes are starting to clear up.
Lesson from this ti the youth is know the history of your country if you must make a difference. There is more to life than EPL and internet games.

Now future of some has been mortgaged for the next 3yrs at the least.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 05, 2016
The difference between primitive nations and their developed counterparts is PRIORITY.

While the West invested in science and technology, we invested and have continued to invest in religion.

Get this fucking religion out of our politics.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 05, 2016
ojun50:
Cdn no serious importers need dis dollars @ that rate nt dis pilgrims who keeping going very year without seeing there impact in dis economy since 1999.

Them no they pray for house self abi d Nigeria prayer no they answer ni.

We are discouraging imports.
Get that into your thick skull
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Afrokan(m): 7:35am On Aug 05, 2016
madridguy:
I wish President Buhari can cancel this year Hajj for security reasons. Presently, Saudi Arabia is under terrorist radar and with what happened during the lesser hajj I think we need to take precaution to avoid stories that touch.

Mecca and Madinah are cities of great importance in Islamic but it's such a pity everything Is politicized.

Are you sane? Govt should take my taxes are use to subsidies hajj for some people that chose to go to mecca?
We have students schooling abroad who dont have access to dollars but its religious nonentities without any meaningful economic reason that would access forex?

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by fixedhollies(m): 7:35am On Aug 05, 2016
#pray for the death of our leaders! how I wish I can choose a county! bought $ for #350 for business sake and this old fool is allowing this.... the simple truth is that they don't feel our pains!
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by fixedhollies(m): 7:37am On Aug 05, 2016
US should stop selling us dollar self.... let's die together!
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by dallyemmy: 7:38am On Aug 05, 2016
CBN is "vandalizing" our economy!

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by bilulu(m): 7:39am On Aug 05, 2016
bashorunbazok:

oga check d date of ur link, 2015 wen d gap isn't much n wen d country is suffering...... moreover is dat wat we need n again wat do Nigeria benefit from dis hajj? waste of fund

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tingo Group (Dozy Mmobuosi) Is A Fraudulent Enterprise / $20billion Dollars Idle In Few Individual's Domiciliary Accounts-cbn / Naira Gains As Politicians Pump ‘election Dollars’ Into Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.