Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 (26818 Views)

At What Rate Does CBN Sell Dollars To BDCs? / Senate Wants CBN To Convert Lower Naira Notes Into Coins / Dollars To Hajj Pilgrims: CBN To Lose N7.6bn Tax Payers' Money - Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by deeeeep: 9:41am On Aug 05, 2016
jamesibor:
Islamize the damn country already.

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by afanide: 9:42am On Aug 05, 2016
My Hapiness is that his so called supporters are also feeling the heat......
NONSEN*E

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by koolaid87: 9:47am On Aug 05, 2016
ojun50:

don't hate being a Nigeria jst pray Nigeria get better in a short time

Dem no won die but dey won go heaven..

Revolution is the solution

MLK was a Minister of God, yet he led a protest which resulted in a positive change

We need change? we take it to the next level...IMO

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 05, 2016
The separation of state and religion should be the reality in any sane country. This is even more advisable the more heterogeneous (in ethnicity and religion) the country. But of course this is Nigeria. I am a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by valuedammy(m): 9:50am On Aug 05, 2016
Pavarottii:
First Class Citizens. Shebi wen FFK was asking whether Christians are second class citizens; I saw comments of people raining insults on him that he is a thief, he is trying to cause division etc... now I hope we can see with our clear eyes; that FFK was right, this is just an example.

Even Christian business men will never get this opportunity. But Muslims will get it for a vacation.

Christians open ur eyes; cos wen it will come to ur doorstep, don't say FFK didn't warn u.
Hope u remember that the same dollar was subsidized for both Muslim and christian pilgrims last year, so ask before you comment.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by ghostmist: 9:50am On Aug 05, 2016
omobaba101:
The more I tried to want to agree with this government on the sincerity of purpose the more difficult the government makes it for me daily. Is it Hajj that is important to us as a country now or reviving our economy? When manufacturing companies are buying the same currency at an exorbitant price, the people going on a religious trip that suppose to be on their own volition will be buying the same currency at 197? You use economy to subsidize religion? I don't think it is really reasonable to keep thinking that this government is not out to destroy Nigeria
Thank God that you guys have started seeing the light..
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Matinho: 9:53am On Aug 05, 2016
If our athletes could book flights for themselves to Rio, then the pilgrims should also.This government is rotten man.Anyways four years is almost over,,,next time they hear the word change Nigerians ll shine their eye

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by blackboy2star(m): 9:57am On Aug 05, 2016
Naija my country... shey nah pilgrims go solve our economy woes; business oriented souls need this dollar than this people going on vacation in the name of religion... cry cry cry cry cry
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by ifyalways(f): 9:59am On Aug 05, 2016
Hahahaha.

Not surprised. Its Sai Buhari.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by blackboy2star(m): 10:03am On Aug 05, 2016
Prayer is not the key solution to my dear country NIGERIA... We all need to do the right thing... GAYs, LESBIANs do the right thing and their countries far better than we staunch Christians and Muslims. Whats the essence of fasting and praying for years for the betterment of the country and not doing the right thing nor love each other as brothers and sisters be it North or South... abegii

ojun50:

don't hate being a Nigeria jst pray Nigeria get better in a short time
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by akinyeleaa: 10:11am On Aug 05, 2016
Pavarottii:
First Class Citizens. Shebi wen FFK was asking whether Christians are second class citizens; I saw comments of people raining insults on him that he is a thief, he is trying to cause division etc... now I hope we can see with our clear eyes; that FFK was right, this is just an example.

Even Christian business men will never get this opportunity. But Muslims will get it for a vacation.

Christians open ur eyes; cos wen it will come to ur doorstep, don't say FFK didn't warn u.
Apoda, playing this religious card again? Didn't CBN also subsidise for Christian pilgrims too before?
While it is bad for the economy especially at this moment, it isn't for you to instigate Christians against Muslims.

And to think FFK is your point of reference, so for ur mind, FFK na Christian? The same man with multiple baby mamas, the same person bragging about sleeping with another man's wife, the same theif currently on trial.

Come to think of it, what did FFK benefit the Christians in Nigeria when he was in govt?
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by 8BitGee(m): 10:19am On Aug 05, 2016
This is the most stupid thing I have heard this year. Whoever made this call is a goat and deserves to be tried and jailed for such wanton waste of public funds.

Hajj is not by force for a muslim. You only observe it if you have the money. So the fvckers attempting to waste Nigerian public funds on this, like boko haram, have no justification whatsoever!

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nusaf: 10:24am On Aug 05, 2016
8BitGee:
This is the most stupid thing I have heard this year. Whoever made this call is goat and deserves to be tried and jailed for such wanton waste of public funds.

Hajj is not by force for a muslim. You only observe it if you have the money. So the fvckers attempting to waste Nigerian public funds on this, like boko haram, have no justification whatsoever!
But where were you when same was done for your christian brethren last year?
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 05, 2016
8BitGee:
This is the most stupid thing I have heard this year. Whoever made this call is goat and deserves to be tried and jailed for such wanton waste of public funds.

Very bad bro, I do not support this but where were you when he did d same for Christians last year?
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by MrTour: 10:25am On Aug 05, 2016
Op point of correction one dollar is trading at N410 presently not N315.

If Buhari and CBN truly implement this move, then they are the most stupidd set of baboons.

What is the economic benefit of subsidizing forex for such social events? Does it bring business or does it bring trade to the economy?

The answer is No. The countries you are taking all the forex to are using it to build their economy.

Buhari is a failure and this government is a Titanic.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by obailala(m): 10:28am On Aug 05, 2016
proeast:
Bro, call a spade by its name & dont shift blame. What has Africa got to do with this? Is Kenya, Ghana, S.A etc involved in this show of shame? Leave Africa and blame who is responsible i.e your country & its maximum ruler. People going on religious excursion are giving "free money" while Chronically ill people, students, importers of raw materials & essential goods etc are denied such incentive and you tell me such a country will ever develop? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!!!
A spade is a spade and I am not shifting any blame here. Leadership sense deficit isn't just a Nigerian problem; it is widespread in Africa in different forms, hence why the continent is backward.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by victme1(m): 10:30am On Aug 05, 2016
Actually this is d height of it. Men! Can u believe this. U haters are right. The man is sick. His sense of judgement is rapidly degenerating. I can't believe what I read shoooo! I think d best solution for Nigeria is DT the clearance done in Ghana be revisited in Nigeria. Enough of this misguided governance.
For crying out loud, of what economic benefit is travelling on a religious pilgrimage either mulim or Christian to the economy to to d country.

If you Like go to pilgrimage in hell. It is the individuals personal problem.

Mr. President! Enough is enough. I have always being your supporter come good comes whatever. But I am not taking this shit. Hanhan.

Make d economy work. Let there be light let the health sector work. The educational system let them work. That is what I want u to do. If you can get this done, thenbif u like send goats, hens on pilgrimage I will not bother.

Haba! Make a difference and leave petit irrelevant issues.

Nna che naka said eyi daban be fa. Mutane sunna shanwuya. Karma damai kain ka d wayansu abubuwa ba de basai ayi ma garin ampani ba. Please Sir!

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by 8BitGee(m): 10:30am On Aug 05, 2016
Nusaf:

But where were you when same was done for your christian brethren last year?
yemaldo:

Very bad bro, I do not support this but where were you when he did d same for Christians last year?

I don't care if it was done last year or two hours ago to whoever. It is outrightly wrong and the stupid CBN governor needs to be fired.

You're deploying austerity measures, people are committing suicide because of want and you plan to sponsor hajj?

In the first place, what is the business of a secular Nigerian state with religion? Anyone that can't afford hajj should stay at home.

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 05, 2016
bashorunbazok:
Many people are blinded with hatred. Did he not order thesame for Christians going on pilgrimage recently?

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved N160 to $1 exchange rate for the Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission’s (NCPC) operations.

The commission’s Executive Secretary, John Keneddy-Opara, told State House correspondents after briefing Buhari on the commission’s activities at the State House, Abuja.

He said: “As you are aware, he has approved $1 to N160 for the conventional exchange rate for this pilgrimage operation and he also agreed that he will continue to encourage us, particularly as we drive to ensure self-sustenance, to make sure that the pilgrims are able to pay for the pilgrimages by removing government sponsorship.

“This is a journey and we are sure that we are going to succeed. So, he was very happy with the entire process. We are praying that God will help us to be a source of strength to Mr.

President, so that the Federal Government and states will spend the necessary resources on other things while the pilgrimage is self-funding as time goes on.

“We are already running four pilgrimages in one year. The first is the Easter pilgrimage, which has passed, the Youth Pilgrimage which we termed operation catch them young, the family pilgrimage and the overall pilgrimage. For those going to Israel for the 11 days trip, it is N379,840 and for the youth pilgrimage, it is going to cost N357,000.”

Nigerians on pilgrimage, he noted, can now undergo skill acquisition programme organised by the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission and Israel’s Ministry of Agriculture, towards training them in the area of agriculture.

He added: “We are introducing the pilgrimage pilot lottery scheme that will enable people who are lucky to be able to go on this trip without much dependence on the state and the Federal Government.”

He said he was in the State House to brief the President on the activities of the commission.

“I came to brief the President on the activities of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission. Earlier, my colleague, the Chairman of Hajj Commission had come to brief him.

“I had to tell him where we are and how we started the commission and where we are today and our prayers. I want to say that the President was very happy with the commission and he said the commission has done very well.”
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-okays-n160-to-1-for-christian-pilgrims/

People criticizing this now, criticised it then.
Government should not be subsidising private religious obligations.
It's stupid, especially when Cassandra said tough luck to stranded students studying abroad, and businesses are suffering due to high exchange rate.
This he did it for Christians and will do it for Muslims argument is not valid.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by bamirotola: 10:49am On Aug 05, 2016
bashorunbazok:
Many people are blinded with hatred. Did he not order thesame for Christians going on pilgrimage recently?

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved N160 to $1 exchange rate for the Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission’s (NCPC) operations.

The commission’s Executive Secretary, John Keneddy-Opara, told State House correspondents after briefing Buhari on the commission’s activities at the State House, Abuja.

He said: “As you are aware, he has approved $1 to N160 for the conventional exchange rate for this pilgrimage operation and he also agreed that he will continue to encourage us, particularly as we drive to ensure self-sustenance, to make sure that the pilgrims are able to pay for the pilgrimages by removing government sponsorship.

“This is a journey and we are sure that we are going to succeed. So, he was very happy with the entire process. We are praying that God will help us to be a source of strength to Mr.

President, so that the Federal Government and states will spend the necessary resources on other things while the pilgrimage is self-funding as time goes on.

“We are already running four pilgrimages in one year. The first is the Easter pilgrimage, which has passed, the Youth Pilgrimage which we termed operation catch them young, the family pilgrimage and the overall pilgrimage. For those going to Israel for the 11 days trip, it is N379,840 and for the youth pilgrimage, it is going to cost N357,000.”

Nigerians on pilgrimage, he noted, can now undergo skill acquisition programme organised by the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission and Israel’s Ministry of Agriculture, towards training them in the area of agriculture.

He added: “We are introducing the pilgrimage pilot lottery scheme that will enable people who are lucky to be able to go on this trip without much dependence on the state and the Federal Government.”

He said he was in the State House to brief the President on the activities of the commission.

“I came to brief the President on the activities of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission. Earlier, my colleague, the Chairman of Hajj Commission had come to brief him.

“I had to tell him where we are and how we started the commission and where we are today and our prayers. I want to say that the President was very happy with the commission and he said the commission has done very well.”
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-okays-n160-to-1-for-christian-pilgrims/

I dnt give a shit be it muslim or christians, d fact remains dt we'v lost our priorities in Nigeria... how has pilgrimage helped d country's economie? Should pilgrimage b d major priority @ dis stage? Get it right bro
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by indoorlove(m): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2016
dearpreye:
Nigeria couldn't secure FOREX for its students schooling outside the country but it has made same available for those going to stone the devil in a better organised society. The real devil to be stoned is in Nigeria.

As far as Nigeria keeps sponsoring all these useless pilgrimages to Jerusalem or Mecca, it can't claim to be a secular country as stated in the backward constitution.

Nigeria actually isn't serious about development and progress.

Government should completely hands off this nonsense.

Nigeria is hopeless. It's a misfortune being born here.
you have said it all!
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by dumodust(m): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2016
yemaldo:
Buhari okays N160 to $1 for Christian pilgrims

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-okays-n160-to-1-for-christian-pilgrims/
So guys let's stop pretending
This is not about Christians versus muslims... this is about priorities. What concerns us and funding religion in whatever guise, what concerns us with providing grasses and grazing reserves for businessmen called fulani herdsmen that certainly don't even pay tax

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nusaf: 10:56am On Aug 05, 2016
8BitGee:

I don't care if it was done last year or two hours ago to whoever. It is outrightly wrong and the stupid CBN governor needs to be fired.

You're deploying austerity measures, people are committing suicide because of want and you plan to sponsor hajj?

In the first place, what is the business of a secular Nigerian state with religion? Anyone that can't afford hajj should stay at home.

Nonsense!
And unfortunately for u, ur representatives have come to terms with this policy. Wait, when u get there, then u can decide otherwise and get ready to face the consequence. But 4 now chill.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 05, 2016
If anyone has an opportunity to leave this joke of a nation, please don't hesitate. There's no hope and future here. Take a look at the fools parading themselves as leaders; do they hit you as people who have your interests at heart?

A word is enough.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by iamcourage(m): 10:57am On Aug 05, 2016
olarid01:

Don't mind the raging idiots, they just post anything without adequate confirmation. When he did the same for Christian pilgrimage, they aren't shouting, now they are yelling. (Islamizing ko, Christianizing ni). Bunch of hypocrytes.
just look at the mirror. .the idiot is standing in front of you..how much was dollar then and how much is dollar now?..instead of going to school you prefer to smoke weed..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by LordCzar202: 10:57am On Aug 05, 2016
This is more than a year ago u lunatic. What happened this year?
bashorunbazok:

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Ugosample(m): 11:05am On Aug 05, 2016
maigida511:
Pls for all those saying rubbish about buhari,he is not the one that made you poor jst ur lazyness.when he did thesame for the christains in 2015 where were you people? This is sumtin the govt does for evri pilgrim be it muslim or christian,but I blame the networks dat made data so cheap dat evri jack and jill comes on line and yarn trash about what they don't have facts on all because their man,a sitting president couldn't win an election.pls get over it and think of how you can make better use of your time..
What are u saying now?

Whether he did it for Christians or not is not the issue.
The issue is that it is wrong, and does not make economic sense
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 05, 2016
maigida511:
Pls for all those saying rubbish about buhari,he is not the one that made you poor jst ur lazyness.when he did thesame for the christains in 2015 where were you people? This is sumtin the govt does for evri pilgrim be it muslim or christian,but I blame the networks dat made data so cheap dat evri jack and jill comes on line and yarn trash about what they don't have facts on all because their man,a sitting president couldn't win an election.pls get over it and think of how you can make better use of your time..
Wow! What OS is your brain running on? Android 2.0?
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by indoorlove(m): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2016
Everybody wants to talk, nobody wants to take action. With this type of attitude we will remain in this mess for a very long time.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by 1freshdude: 11:25am On Aug 05, 2016
amuokuko:
Our leaders re useless.
Buhari was never the messiah, infact he is the Mess..

Selling at a loss because of religion yet u deny students of paying their tuition, you deny the manufacturers who source their raw material.

Nwanne, Nigeria Gba Oku..
Bunch of useless old amoebas...
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by amuokuko: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=1freshdude post=48208775][/quote]
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by MrD2: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2016
This is really uncalled for. Pilgrimage should be a personal religious activity. I see no reason why the govt should sponsor or even subsidize pilgrimage costs, whether for Christians or Muslims.

However, for those of us thinking that this subsidy has a religious undertone and that Buhari is biased and doing this because he is a muslim, they should always research well before commenting. He did a similar thing 1st for Christian pilgrims last year (N160 pers $, as against the official rate of N197 per $). "GOOGLE"is your friend, so you can confirm that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bill Gates Drops In Billionaire Ranking After Stock Transfers To Ex-Wife / Tingo Group (Dozy Mmobuosi) Is A Fraudulent Enterprise / $20billion Dollars Idle In Few Individual's Domiciliary Accounts-cbn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.