Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,912 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 (26807 Views)

At What Rate Does CBN Sell Dollars To BDCs? / Senate Wants CBN To Convert Lower Naira Notes Into Coins / Dollars To Hajj Pilgrims: CBN To Lose N7.6bn Tax Payers' Money - Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Jsaviour(f): 11:38am On Aug 05, 2016
PUSH1:

We are discouraging imports.
Get that into your thick skull

do u actually know what discouraging imports means, so u don't know that paying a country to go to his land is also import, pls always analyze n think things thru with ur head n not ur anus before u vomit it.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by erusen: 11:39am On Aug 05, 2016
yemaldo:

Jerusalem, u can even google it, nigerians do go to Jerusalem for pilgrims
really there is no doctrine in Christianity that talks about pilgrim anyway I don't care the government should cancels both,Nigeria is a secular country
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by MiMiakpet(m): 11:42am On Aug 05, 2016
Pavarottii:
First Class Citizens. Shebi wen FFK was asking whether Christians are second class citizens; I saw comments of people raining insults on him that he is a thief, he is trying to cause division etc... now I hope we can see with our clear eyes; that FFK was right, this is just an example.

Even Christian business men will never get this opportunity. But Muslims will get it for a vacation.

Christians open ur eyes; cos wen it will come to ur doorstep, don't say FFK didn't warn u.

Losing money for pilgrimage yet Nigerian athletes no eat for three days & were stranded in Atlanta 8hrs before their first match, who this pilgrimage they help sef? Ppl dey go for their leisure e come turn public burden. Make una no forget say christian dey follw go pilgrimage too o, get ready to offer the same benevolence Mr. CBN

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by mkoabiola: 11:44am On Aug 05, 2016
Cbn govnor Godwin emefiele is one of the biggest problem of this present administration.

D guy is jus clueless and daft as far the economy is concern
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Jsaviour(f): 11:47am On Aug 05, 2016
maigida511:
Pls for all those saying rubbish about buhari,he is not the one that made you poor jst ur lazyness.when he did thesame for the christains in 2015 where were you people? This is sumtin the govt does for evri pilgrim be it muslim or christian,but I blame the networks dat made data so cheap dat evri jack and jill comes on line and yarn trash about what they don't have facts on all because their man,a sitting president couldn't win an election.pls get over it and think of how you can make better use of your time..

u earnestly need common sense, receive it in d name of whatever God u serve. Amen. some human beings don't deserve to b called humans.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by plaetton: 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
ojun50:

don't hate being a Nigeria jst pray Nigeria get better in a short time
Oh yeah!

Pray, that's why we are using our scarce foreign exchange to subsidize prayer in a foreign country.

Brilliant Africans.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Garshyzee(m): 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
this is irrational and archaic decision from our dull president.... instead of subsidising dollar fr pilgrimage why nt subsidise for what will boost our crumbling economy.........who wan go pilgrimage suppose pay personally...moreover who pilgrimage help?upon all d pilgrimage Muslims ar still terrorising d world......

and some insane people here will b backng buhari.....smh
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by fashrola(m): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
ollah1:

He did same thing for Christian pilgrims

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-okays-n160-to-1-for-christian-pilgrims/

The margin difference was about N60-N70 now checkout the margin of $1 -N400 that's about N203 .. is that not pure madness when Nigeria economy is crumbling?
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Standing5(m): 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
ojun50:
Cdn no serious importers need dis dollars @ that rate nt dis pilgrims who keeping going very year without seeing there impact in dis economy since 1999.

Them no they pray for house self abi d Nigeria prayer no they answer ni.
The reason why I don't pity our No. 1 man when people call him names. Why suffer Christians for the sake Islamist praying to what they know not?
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by olarid01: 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
iamcourage:

just look at the mirror. .the idiot is standing in front of you..how much was dollar then and how much is dollar now?..instead of going to school you prefer to smoke weed..

Dumbasd, oya tell how much is a dollar back then......
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by olarid01: 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
iamcourage:

just look at the mirror. .the idiot is standing in front of you..how much was dollar then and how much is dollar now?..instead of going to school you prefer to smoke weed..

Dumbass, oya tell how much is a dollar back then......
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by livenletlive: 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hmmmmmm. This country needs an economic team urgently! What is the benefit of this religious pilgrimage to the economy? You raise import bills to N313 per dollar thereby further crippling trade and commerce. You now dash to people who are making personal religious journey N197 to the dollar. Haba..haba..haba. grin grin angry angry sad sad
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by rhymaholic: 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2016
ollah1:

How can you as learned as you claim to be believe someone would Islamize or Christianize a Nation?

Anyways, he did same thing for Christians

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-okays-n160-to-1-for-christian-pilgrims/

Christian or Muslim, none of them should get any sort of waiver to source for dollar to go on a meaningless trip in the name of pilgrimage when there are businesses closing up on a daily due to inability to source for dollar and our economy is suffering from it.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by MattChidi(m): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
this is uncalled for and unimportant at this stage of the economy. Why sale to pilgrims at a lower rate but refuse to sell so to importers that will help to sustain the economy. i just taya for this government, no single thing one can say he or she has benefited from the government. Nonsense!
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by owoademola: 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
bashorunbazok:
Many people are blinded with hatred. Did he not order thesame for Christians going on pilgrimage recently?

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved N160 to $1 exchange rate for the Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission’s (NCPC) operations.

The commission’s Executive Secretary, John Keneddy-Opara, told State House correspondents after briefing Buhari on the commission’s activities at the State House, Abuja.

He said: “As you are aware, he has approved $1 to N160 for the conventional exchange rate for this pilgrimage operation and he also agreed that he will continue to encourage us, particularly as we drive to ensure self-sustenance, to make sure that the pilgrims are able to pay for the pilgrimages by removing government sponsorship.
“This is a journey and we are sure that we are going to succeed. So, he was very happy with the entire process. We are praying that God will help us to be a source of strength to Mr.

President, so that the Federal Government and states will spend the necessary resources on other things while the pilgrimage is self-funding as time goes on.

“We are already running four pilgrimages in one year. The first is the Easter pilgrimage, which has passed, the Youth Pilgrimage which we termed operation catch them young, the family pilgrimage and the overall pilgrimage. For those going to Israel for the 11 days trip, it is N379,840 and for the youth pilgrimage, it is going to cost N357,000.”

Nigerians on pilgrimage, he noted, can now undergo skill acquisition programme organised by the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission and Israel’s Ministry of Agriculture, towards training them in the area of agriculture.

He added: “We are introducing the pilgrimage pilot lottery scheme that will enable people who are lucky to be able to go on this trip without much dependence on the state and the Federal Government.”

He said he was in the State House to brief the President on the activities of the commission.

“I came to brief the President on the activities of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission. Earlier, my colleague, the Chairman of Hajj Commission had come to brief him.

“I had to tell him where we are and how we started the commission and where we are today and our prayers. I want to say that the President was very happy with the commission and he said the commission has done very well.”
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-okays-n160-to-1-for-christian-pilgrims/
The most Stupid and Idiot on the fan page won't say anything about this.
I don't understand why does who claimed to know it all says what's not.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by 8BitGee(m): 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
Nusaf:

And unfortunately for u, ur representatives have come to terms with this policy. Wait, when u get there, then u can decide otherwise and get ready to face the consequence. But 4 now chill.

Well, none of those twàts are my representatives. I live in a functional society. However, I'm Nigerian and I want what is good for my country.

This madness has to be reversed. Emefiele has lost his bloody mind. All those involved in this need to get their heads examined.

There are people dying of hunger and government is sponsoring a voluntary religious pilgrimage. That is grave injustice and not Islam!
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by BraniacX(m): 1:59pm On Aug 05, 2016
Vanillaskin:
Please with all the so called MOG in this country that claim to be able to see this and that, how come non of them where able to see into the future to warn us before now about this Buhari body odor we are suffering now cry cry cry

This is just too unfortunate, cry cry cry this government is so insensitive to the common man cry cry cry

Why no one saw saw this coming cry cry cry.
I just don't know if I cry cry cry can take it anymore cry cry cry

You seriously didn't see this coming? You require a MOG to tell you the obvious!! shocked

I saw it coming and campaigned against it! As did millions of other Nigerians, unfortunately those of us who could have stopped it were too lazy to vote and/or defend their votes! Hence the disaster called buhari and APC, besides, the worst is yet to come! Now that is a prediction you don't need a MOG to tell you
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by jamesibor: 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
deeeeep:

How much was the dollar then?
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by bigcil2(m): 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
willibounce1:

This almajiri govt will end before 2019.a more intelligent person needs to take that position
I'm intelligent to NOT support any sort of unlawful ousting of any government.
I will continue to support this government not because I want to but because I ain't got any choice whatsoever. But when elections should come I will not vote for either pdp or whatever name they come up with or acn or whatever slogan they'll come up with , I will vote for someone that's just and if the parties should bring up a just candidate I will vote anyway for the person that has the highest possibility of losing.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nusaf: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
8BitGee:

Well, none of those twàts are my representatives. I live in a functional society. However, I'm Nigerian and I want what is good for my country.

This madness has to be reversed. Emefiele has lost his bloody mind. All those involved in this need to get their heads examined.

There are people dying of hunger and government is sponsoring a voluntary religious pilgrimage. That is grave injustice and not Islam!
But when same was done for the Christians, it was justice.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by 8BitGee(m): 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
Nusaf:

But when same was done for the Christians, it was justice.

You don't sound like a reasonable person. I have to stop now. Bye.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nusaf: 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
8BitGee:

You don't sound like a reasonable person. I have to stop now. Bye.
Certainly it wouldn't sound reasonable to u because self-centredness is ur watchword.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by stanleyalpacino(m): 3:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
maigida511:
Pls for all those saying rubbish about buhari,he is not the one that made you poor jst ur lazyness.when he did thesame for the christains in 2015 where were you people? This is sumtin the govt does for evri pilgrim be it muslim or christian,but I blame the networks dat made data so cheap dat evri jack and jill comes on line and yarn trash about what they don't have facts on all because their man,a sitting president couldn't win an election.pls get over it and think of how you can make better use of your time..

Mr man sharrap dia. Listen to yourself and think deep. My 2cents
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by sharks776(m): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
GET THE FACT RIGHT

I read alot of bruhaha on social media about our government giving Muslim pilgrim dollar at N197 to $1. But what the media don't tell you is that this pilgrims (over 80% of them) paid their money to the government pause months ago (some even paid in 2015) before the devaluation of the naira. Therefore you will agree with me that it will be unfair for thesame government to charge the same pilgrims (or provide its service) at the current rate (300+) when however the transaction was agreed and paid for at the old rate (197).
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by atirolu(m): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
No dollar subsidy for manufacturing, infrastructure or for education. Dollar subsidy for private pilgrimages to Hajj and Jerusalem. Sometimes I think we should just stop trying to be a modern society and just become one giant religious cathedral with no roof. The matter taya even mathias.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Lease(m): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
magicminister:

I hate being a Nigerian i swear. I don't know which kain curse be this.
What did we do wrong?
Where did we go wrong?
A nation that subsidizes excursion trips while the economy is crumbling.

ojun50:

don't hate being a Nigeria jst pray Nigeria get better in a short time

How can Nigeria get better when the managers of the economy keeps doing the wrong thing daily? God is not a magician and so we cannot continue to wallow in sin or doing the wrong thing and continue to pray and hope for peace or the right outcome. We can only reap what we have sown.

A country that is faced with acute foreign exchange scarcity and as such cannot subsidize fees for: her citizens studying abroad, importation of rice for its teeming population that are hungry, local industries that need fx to import raw materials, plant and machinery ect but feels the most important thing to do is to start using that scarce resource to fund few people on tourism.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by princeadams11: 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2016
when he gave it to Christians @160 why did we not talk?. We were all silent. Now he is a bad man. God bless Nigeria.
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by piagetskinner(m): 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
The country is facing serious economic crisis... and yet the useless and clueless govt still gives preference to hajj...i mean who does that?

all pilgrimage trips (both Christians and Muslims )should be canceled for the sake of saving the dying economy
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by hahn(m): 6:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
plaetton:

Oh yeah!

Pray, that's why we are using our scarce foreign exchange to subsidize prayer in a foreign country.

Brilliant Africans.

grin

1 Like

Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
Nusaf:

But where were u when same was done during christian pilgrimage?

Oga! Nobody is talking about religion here, it's about them using that opportunity to scam the citizens by getting dollars at a cheaper rate under the guise of Hajj... It's what will affect both Christians and moslems and even pagans. . .
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Inspiredpunter(m): 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
I really don't understand this country any longer
Re: CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2016
If they truly can sell dollar for a reduced price, I think it should be sold to people who are travelling abroad to school, and not to people who travel on pilgrimage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B / $20billion Dollars Idle In Few Individual's Domiciliary Accounts-cbn / Which Of The Nigerian Banks Is More Reliable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.