Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,146,491 members, 7,793,496 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File (18829 Views)

The Missing Theme Elements In Most Stories / {Must Read} The Missing Period By Cyberprince / Fuel Scarcity And The Missing Prick: A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Oyinprince(m): 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
The Missing File - Chapter 1 part 4

**Later, that afternoon***

"Na wa o, your sister no try at all o," Charly said to Nazaretha, he, Nazaretha, Sunday and Chinko were seated under a tree, the environment was quiet but they were sober as if something very terrible had happened to them.

Nazaretha gave a prolonged hiss, "and the girl don dey give me free hand sef".

"If I hear?" Chinko cut in. "I dey sure say your sister only come save you from embarrassment wey the girl for give you."

"Wetin she con even talk?" Charly cut in before Nazaretha could reply Chinko.

"She say my papa dey find one bag wey I collect from am yesterday, say them no see where I put am."Nazaretha replied.

"You con see am when you reach house?" Charly asked with a note of concern.

"Yes, I see am. Na my papa no know where him keep am." Nazaretha replied.

"So when you go continue?" Charly asked.

"Continue wetin?" Nazaretha asked. Sunday and Chinko got up laughing, they had been whispering to themselves while Nazaretha and Charly conversed.

Nazaretha and Charly stared at them like they had just seen people who dropped from the sky. Sunday and Chinko kept laughing till they walked out of sight.

"Wetin dey do this people na?"

"Abeg, leave them jare," Charly said. "I talk say when you go go meet the girl again?"

"Shey everything never spoil so?" Nazaretha asked, his face was full of doubts.

"Why na? Nothing don spoil na."

"But una talk say make I no allow the girl know my real status and house before, as she con see my sister wey dress like poor village woman nko?"

"No worry, as she don know your sister and real 'Ajepako' status now, you no go hide am for her again. She still fit like you like that," Charly encouraged.

"You dey sure?"

"Yes, you just go meet am again. Shey you get money to browse na?"

"Yes, I hold hundred naira with me."

"Good, as you dey browse, you go dey follow am talk sef. You go ask for her Facebook name, make you add me but before you comot for there, collect her number o." Charly continued giving tips.

"How I wan take collect her number na when I no gophone?" Nazaretha questioned with an awful look.

"Oh! I don forget," Charly exclaimed, remembering that his friend's phone was at the repairer's. "Just collect her Facebook name, tell her say you go con see am tomorrow."

"Okay na," Nazaretha replied, getting up to his feet. He straightened up his cloth in readiness.

"And when you even wan go collect your phone na?" Charly asked, standing up with him.

"If we don collect our money from the new site on Mon..." Nazaretha was saying when Sunday's voice interrupted.

"Yes, na him be that; him and Charly," they could see Sunday pointing Patience, Nazaretha's elder sister to them.

"Thank you," Patience said to Sunday and walked closer to Nazaretha. "Nazaretha, na here you dey since?"

"No, I dey Zimbabwe." Nazaretha answered his sister disrespectfully, disgusted that she was coming to disturb his peace again.

Patience got visibly angry by Nazaretha's reply and attempted to slap him but he dodged and she hit her hand on a branch of the tree. Charly stepped back from them, uncomfortable with the way Nazaretha was addressing his sister.

"Na me you dey follow talk like that abi?" She said angrily.

"Why you sef dey disturb me na?" Nazaretha replied stubbornly.

"Okay we go see," she shrugged and gave up on hitting him. "Papa don come house again, him dey find you."

"Ooh!" Nazaretha exclaimed hesitatingly. "Wetin happen again na?"

"Him say something dey miss for him bag o, make you come house now now." Patience said and turned to walk away.

"I no dey come jor, he get one work wey we wan do now." Nazaretha replied.

Patience paused and turned again, "if you like no come, na you and Papa get talk. I don tell you my own," she said and walked away with that.

"Why you no wan go na?" Charly stepped back under the tree after the sister was out of sight.

"I no take anything for inside Papa bag, na hin no where him keep the thing, hin go see when hin search well."

"You sure say your Papa no go vex so?"

"Hin go see am jare, na me open hin bag?" Nazaretha asked nonchalantly and began to walk away.

Charly followed after him, "do well this time o," he urged him.

They met Chinko and Sunday walking towards them as they turned from behind the building.

"Where una dey go?" Chinko asked, his mouth full of popcorn and groundnut, there was a big nylon in his hands where he and Sunday were eating from.

"You no fit tell my sister say you no know where I dey abi?" Nazaretha accused Sunday.

"If you see how you sister take disturb ehn, walahi! You nogo talk like this," Sunday replied, trying to proof not guilty.

"Na true o, your sister trouble us well." Chinko supported him.

"E don do jor," Nazaretha said and kept moving, Charly followed him.

"Una dey vex? This popcorn go soon finish o," Chinko struggled to say as he munched another mouthful of popcorn.

"Remain for me o, I dey come now." Charly shouted at them before they turned out from behind the building.

Charly and Nazaretha got close to the Cyber Cafe and took a look from where they were, they could see Ibukun attending to clients inside. Charly tapped Nazaretha on the shoulder. In an encouraging manner, he said "it's time to go."

"Okay na," Nazaretha said before crossing to the other side while Charly turned to rush back to the tree and catch up with his friends before they finished devouring the popcorn.

He met the nylon of popcorn almost empty in Chinko's hand, he snatched the remnant and began to fill himself with it.

"But Chinko," he called, after pouring into his mouth the second and last round. "How you get money to take buy hundred naira popcorn?"

Chinko hissed, "see this guy o, you think say I broke like you?"

"Make una wait o, where Naz go?" He asked, calling Nazaretha "Naz" for short. "Hin don go meet the girl abi?"

"Wetin concern you ? Why una dey beef the guy sef?" Charly answered him.

"We no dey beef the guy, we just dey try boost hin morale." Chinko answered.

"Na lie jor, una dey kill hin morale," Charly argued.

"See the guy dey form born again pikin and hin dey hungry to toast babe." Sunday said in an accusing tone.

"No be we dey teach am all these things? No be we say make hin find babe?" Charly retorted.

"Abeg, make una forget that matter jare. We force hin eye look the girl? Abi na we dey carry am go dey torch woman back for school sef?" Chinko said and looked away.

... to be continued

Read Part 5 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Countrygirl(f): 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
Following......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by tizblink: 9:49am On Aug 19, 2016
Cool! cheesy
Sunday's character tho' grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Oyinprince(m): 6:47am On Aug 20, 2016
The Missing File - Chapter 1 Part 5

"Thou O Lord, hast thou not promised to be with thy son anywhere he goeth? In thine holy book of Hebrews thirteen verse five, thou sayeth 'I will never leave thee nor forsake thee', now I may boldly say 'Thou O Lord is my helper, I shall not fear what Ibukun shall do or say unto me'," Nazaretha continued quoting scriptures as he got to the front of the cafe.

Luckily for him, one of the customers left as he got to the entrance, leaving only one customer inside with Ibukun, a young boy between the ages of ten to thirteen who was actually playing the Mavis Beacon typing game. Nazaretha walked in with the little courage he had been able to muster and announced, "I want to browse."

"Please use..." Ibukun was saying but stopped as she saw the face of the speaker. "You again?" She said and got up from the master system, placing her hands on her waist and giving Nazaretha a strong warning look.

Nazaretha's heart began to beat faster as he saw the look on her face, he lost the confidence gotten from the prayer he just made. "I... I want to browse," he stammered, taking out the money rushingly from his pocket.

"How much time do you want to use?" She asked him, taking the tickets paper from her table to tear out for him.

"Erm... Two hours," he stammered again, stretching the money towards her already.

She stared at the hundred naira in his hand and her frown slowly faded into a smile, "You're shy," she said, taking the money from him. "One hundred naira cannot even pay for an hour, one hour is for a hundred and twenty naira."

Nazaretha stood speechless, words couldn't come out of his mouth anymore. Where on earth did the little boldness he had when holding her key that morning run to? He wondered. And how could he be so shy? He? The winner of so many debate sessions and quiz competitions during his school days. He remembered how he used to floor his school mates and several representatives from other schools when they were on the stage, one of his teachers had even advised that he quit his science class and join arts where he would be able to study subjects which he would need to study law in the university.

"You can browse, I'll make up for the remaining twenty naira," she said, jerking him off from his reverie. She was already handing him the ticket.

He collected it and thanked her, then he sat in front of the system where she ushered him to. He was already muttering prayers again.

"I never knew you could be this shy," Ibukun said to him, standing beside him as he entered the password and username into the system lock application. "I always saw you as a bold person."

Suddenly boldness began to rise in Nazaretha's mind again as she was talking like someone who knew him before. "Do you know me?" He managed to ask her.

"I know you, you used to represent our school in the interschool debates, " she continued, smiling. "I know your house too."

Her last words shocked Nazaretha and his shock was visible, "You know my house?" He mumbled, but audibly enough for her to hear.

"Yes, I've been there before. Your elder sister was a godmother to my elder sister in school."

"Oops!" Nazaretha exclaimed, he didn't know whether to smile or frown, laugh or cry. He began to meditate again, "Thank you Lord, for saving me from trouble." He said to himself, he would have made the mistake of lying to her about himself in the morning if his sister had not come to disturb him.

"So why are you this shy now?" She said to him, after seeing he was quiet.

"I'm not shy, I was having somethings in mind." He tried to cover up, but it was obvious with the look on Ibukun's face that she didn't believe him.

"Okay, let me leave you to browse before you waste your airtime." She said and left him to sit back at the master computer.

He watched as she returned to her seat and wished he could tell her not to go, his heart was heavy as he wondered how he was going to start up another conversation with her again, totally forgetting his friend's tip to ask for her Facebook name.

His mind wandered away, he totally forgot that his browsing time was already running. He began to think of words to use when he finally gets the opportunity to express his love to her, his mind drifted to no other place than his favourite book of the Bible, Songs of Solomon. He began to recite Chapter 4 in his mind, from the New International Version.

" 1 How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves. Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from the hills of Gilead.

2 Your teeth are like a flock of sheep just shorn, coming up from the washing. Each has its twin; not one of them is alone.

3 Your lips are like a scarlet ribbon; your mouth is lovely. Your temples behind your veil are like the halves of a pomegranate.

4 Your neck is like the tower of David, built with courses of stone ; on it hang a thousand shields, of them shields of warriors. "

He paused when he got to his favorite part, the fifth verse and closed his eyes as he recited slowly. "Your breasts are like two fawns, like twin fawns of a gazelle that browse among the lilies..."

"Nazaretha!" Ibukun's voice brought him back to reality. "Have you come to stare at my face or to browse?"

"Ermm..." His stammering worsened, he realized that he had been facing her for over five minutes without turning to the computer he was given to work with.

He faced his computer reluctantly and clicked on the Mozilla Firefox browser, the homepage of the browser was www.youngicee.com. The first topic his eyes met on the front page was "Tips for shy guys who wants to woo a girl". With excitement and happiness, he clicked on the link. After taking about six minutes to read and digest the article, he decided to put it to work. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. A strange kind of boldness overwhelmed him as he opened his eyes, he got up from his seat and turned towards Ibukun. His eyes met with hers as she looked up. He approached her slowly, she had rested her back and folded her arms in anticipation of what he wanted to say to her.

"See Ibukun, the reason why I've..." Nazaretha began, but as fate would have it, he was interrupted again by a loud shout from behind.

"Na-za-re-tha!!! Wetin you dey do here? Papa dey call you since, you no wan gree answer. Hin say you no go like am if hin con meet you by himself o." Patience barked loudly from the entrance of the Cyber Cafe.

Nazaretha froze in anger, all his veins were out and he was ready to pounce on his sister if he laid his hands on her. He turned back and gave her a devilish look but she had a more devilish look. Without saying goodbye to Ibukun or turning back to the computer that was assigned to him, he marched out of the place in anger. His sister was already far ahead of him at the front.

...to be continued

Read Chapter 2 Part 1 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Oyinprince(m): 6:50am On Aug 20, 2016
Drop your comments guys
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by tizblink: 9:31am On Aug 20, 2016
The day can't be any worse for Nazaretha grin
Chai! Just when? embarassed
Then came angry

Nice one bruv. The way you dey quote this Bible passages ehn. Lemme not talk grin

1 Like

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Countrygirl(f): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2016
To toast woman don be big work for Nazaretha

oyinprince i dey ur back

1 Like

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by PRESIDENTRICHARD: 11:47am On Aug 20, 2016
PRESENT CARRY ON

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Nmaglit: 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
Guy carry on I dey follow u bumber to bumber

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Oyinprince(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
The Missing File - Chapter 2 Part 1

"Nazaretha! Why did you refuse to answer me since?" Ogbighe barked angrily, immediately Nazaretha walked in through the door.

Nazaretha was coming back home angrily, angry at Patience and was ready to vent his anger upon her without forgiveness because he never knew if he would ever be able to muster that kind of courage that came over him after reading the article on how to woo a girl.  But he wasn't ready for what he just met at home now, his father was as angry as a mad dog. He was speechless, never had he seen his father as angry as this. Ogbighe was sweating furiously with his shirt unbuttoned from up to down.

"Where did you keep the file you took in my bag?" Ogbighe asked with a serious look on his face.

"File? I didn't take anything from your bag Papa," Nazaretha answered.

"What do you mean by that? Apart from me, you were the only one who touched the bag yesterday." His father accused.

"Papa, I didn't take any file. You know that I can never open your bag," Nazaretha insisted.

"Then how did the file leave the bag?"

"Papa, I don't know o."

"What do you mean by you don't know?" Ogbighe stamped his feet on the ground and got up angrily.

Nazaretha had to move backwards in a bid to escape the wrath that was written all over his father's face. "I dropped the bag on the table yesterday without opening it," Nazaretha said trying to convince his father.

"But the bag wasn't found on the table," Ogbighe shouted, unconvinced. "You were the one who came to bring it out from where you hid it."

"Papa, I didn't hide it."

"See Nazaretha, that file contains a cheque that has been signed already, it's worth millions of naira."

"Papa, I didn't take it."

"Just shut up now, shut up!" Ogbighe slammed, closing his eyes in anger. "Before the count of three, I want you to get the file for me." Ogbighe said and began to count with his mouth and fingers.

At the count of three, Nazaretha was still standing there, frustrated. His father opened his eyes and rushed to pounce on him but Nazaretha was faster, he slipped away and got out through the door.

Lydia and the rest of the house were watching the unpleasant drama. Even Lydia had never seen her husband so furious. He had explained to her while they were waiting for Nazaretha how he was asked to go and pick up a file in his boss' office but he ended up picking the wrong one, that explains his reason for coming back home earlier that day to pick the bag which he had purposely left behind. His boss had believed him at first when he said he made a mistake of picking a wrong file but things began to change after Ogbighe returned to the office and couldn't find the file. His boss had still tried to give him a benefit of doubt when Ogbighe explained that he must have dropped it mistakenly at home. Then hell was let loose when the boss received the alert that the sum of five million naira had been cashed from his bank account, he immediately began to threaten him with the police. Ogbighe had to run home to search for the file and prove that it wasn't from him the cheque got out.

Nazaretha stepped out of the house in fear of his father's wrath but he stepped out to run into the men in black, the good friends of Nigerian citizens. One of them pushed him away violently.

His father also rushed out to meet Nazaretha but ended up meeting what he feared most.

"Are you Mr Ogbighe?" One of the policemen barked him.

"Yes..." He stammered, panting heavily. He would have loved to run back inside to hide but it was too late to do so, one of the officers was already very close to him.

"You are wanted in our station right now, to answer some few questions."

"Okay, let me... Let me go and wear my clothes and shoes," Ogbighe said, panicking visibly.

"No Mr Ogbighe, you're not allowed to do so. Please put on this sandal and follow us," an officer said, pulling him back with his belt. He took out an handcuff.

"Mama Magdalene, they're taking me away o," Ogbighe shouted as he managed to put on the sandal. The officers started to lead him away.

"Ah! Papa," Patience and Magdalene wailed as they rushed out of the house to see their father being led away.

"Ogbighe!" Lydia shouted and ran after the police officers without putting on her slippers.

"Madam, please get away. Your husband is only going to our office to answer some questions," one of the officers shouted rudely and pulled her away.

Nazaretha was still standing speechless outside the house, making no sound or movement as the police officers led his father into their van. He stared indifferently at his sisters who were wailing and crying.

"Nazaretha," his mum said amidst tears. "Please, go and bring the file your father is looking for." She pleaded, kneeling down before him.

"Please mama, don't kneel for me, the file is not with me," Nazaretha said, taking his face away.

"Nazaretha, please. Someone has cashed the money already, getting the file and the cheque is the only way to prove your father's innocence."  The woman continued to plead.

Nazaretha began to walk away, "Mama, I didn't take any file," he said stubbornly.

"What's happening here?" Covenant, Nazaretha's immediate elder sister who was just returning from her hairdressing salon asked.

Nazaretha paused for a second and stared at his sister, he shook his head in pity and continued to walk away.

_

It was already past six pm and the day was getting dark, Nazaretha kept walking down the streets with no particular destination in mind. His head bowed and his hands in his pocket.

"Nazaretha," he heard someone call him from a shop behind. It was Charly, buying provisions from a food store. He stopped and turned. "Charly," he called softly and patiently waited for Charly to join him.

"Wetin dey happen na? Why you dey walk like that?" Charly asked, looking concerned. He was in a white singlets and arsenal FC football shorts, a nylon containing two sachets of tomato paste and two eggs was in his hands.

"I no know sef," Nazaretha replied.

"You no know?" Charly said and caught up with him, they began to walk down together, this time towards Charly's house.

"I no know jare," Nazaretha replied. "I don enter big trouble."

"Big trouble?" Charly paused and stared at Nazaretha's face, he laughed briefly, thinking Nazaretha was only exaggerating a light issue.

"Why you dey laugh na?" Nazaretha asked angrily.

Charly laughed more. "Abeg, make I drop this thing for my mama first." He said as they had gotten to the front of his house. He quickly rushed into the house and returned a minute later without the nylon. "Ehen, wetin you talk say happen?" Charly asked as he returned, cleaning his wet hands on his shorts.

"Police don arrest my papa o," Nazaretha stated.

"Police?" Charly asked in a surprised tone.

...to be continued

Read Chapter 2 part 2 on www.youngicee.com
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Oyinprince(m): 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2016
tizblink:
The day can't be any worse for Nazaretha grin
Chai! Just when? embarassed
Then came angry

Nice one bruv. The way you dey quote this Bible passages ehn. Lemme not talk grin
Talk o grin

Talk now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Countrygirl(f): 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
Where is the file kwanu, i pray mr oghi(wetin )..is not jailed oo.
oyinprince more inspiration jare!

1 Like

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Oyinprince(m): 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
Countrygirl:
Where is the file kwanu, i pray mr oghi(wetin )..is not jailed oo.

oyinprince more inspiration jare!
Thanks cool
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by tizblink: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
Chai! Wednesday far Oooh. Anyway nice one bruv.
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by tizblink: 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
Oyinprince:
Talk o grin

Talk now

Talk what na? grin

Abeg lemme go and help Nazaretha look for the missing file. Mr Ogbighe mustn't go to jail.
I am coming cheesy
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by donkross1(m): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
Op comman update for us undecided undecided undecided

grin
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by olanshile2016(m): 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
donkross1:
Op comman update for us undecided undecided undecided

grin
assistant op ,you sef can update now grin
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by donkross1(m): 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
olanshile2016:

assistant op ,you sef can update now grin

Lai lai grin. I dey Vacation grin.
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by olanshile2016(m): 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
donkross1:

Lai lai grin. I dey Vacation grin.
vacation kwa? or leave grin
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by donkross1(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
olanshile2016:

vacation kwa? or leave grin

Vacation ooo. For Romanceland grin
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by olanshile2016(m): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
donkross1:

Vacation ooo. For Romanceland grin
Roman... what? you no fit go religion section ehn grin grin
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by donkross1(m): 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
olanshile2016:

Roman... what? you no fit go religion section ehn
grin grin

Hehehehe Atheists too full that place jaare
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by olanshile2016(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
donkross1:

Hehehehe Atheists too full that place jaare
grin grin, so you no wan them to convert you
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by detutu1: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
@oyinprince

Ever considered making money doing what you love doing?

Register as a writer on penpee.com. You do not have to be a professional writer,our editors will vet before publication. Some of our editors have worked for top media houses in the UK, USA and in Nigeria.

Once you post it on our website (www.penpee.com)and is verified by our team; you get paid each time a new person reads a chapter of your story cheesy

This means you can invite friends to read your story in Penpee.com and get paid for each view!

Writers can withdraw their accumulated credits into their PayPal or any bank account in Nigeria, or anywhere else in the world.

Register for free today!
Every member is awarded welcome credits, they can be accumulated over time or purchased. Credits earned are used to read online stories.

Anyone can join as a writer, once you possess the skill and present authentic stories.

Go ahead now and join www.penpee.com to start reading and posting your own short stories.

NEW!!! All writers receive $10 on their first published chapter...isn't that amazing cheesy

Be in touch with Penpee wink
We are available online 24/7 or you can reach us at support@penpee.com
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by cherrybrown(f): 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ritababe,Johnsown 1,ozila,Caringguy
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Mindfrick(m): 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
Wow! Tnk God Am Here... Donmic Abeg Show Face I Don Book Space 4 U!
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by bamiradex(m): 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
enjoying every bit of this.op ride on
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by Oyinprince(m): 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
The Missing File - Chapter 2 Part 2

"But how na? Who go con carry the file?" Sunday asked in a concern tone. They were some metres away from a barbing salon, the light from the barbing salon was the only source of light around the area as PHCN had seized power supply. The bulb at the balcony of the salon was what provided faint light to where they were seated. The area was noisy as Sege the barber would not stop playing the latest Nigerian afro pop songs through his loudspeakers. Nobody around the area was complaining as most of them, both young and old were enjoying the music and even those not enjoying the music would dare not complain as Sege's salon was always their place of rescue when their phone batteries were low.

Nobody replied to Sunday's question. Nazaretha was sitting on the six inches block, his hands clasped together and on his nose, his eyes were closed.

"Boys, wetin dey happen na?" Chinko asked, joining them. He was in a lively mood, just returning from somewhere with his elder brother. The smiles on his face faded as he saw the mood of his friends, "wetin happen?" He asked, squatting before Sunday. "Them talk say una find me reach house."

"Police don arrest Nazaretha Papa," Sunday announced to Chinko. Chinko got up and turned to Nazaretha to confirm if Sunday was saying the truth, he needed not to ask any question, Nazaretha's face had confirmed it.

"How e take happen na?" Chinko asked Nazaretha. "Wetin them talk say hin do?"

"My Papa dey find one file wey hin oga give am," Nazaretha replied, taking his hands away from his nose. "Them say one open cheque dey inside the file."

"Na the cheque dem con dey find so?" Chinko asked.

"Person don cash five million naira sef," Charly put in.

"Five million naira!" Chinko exclaimed, accompanying it with a whistle. He began to pace around the place slowly. "Wetin we go con do now?" He spoke again after a minute of thinking.

"I don't know, I'm thinking of going home to search for the file again." Nazaretha said.

"Wait o, I think say your Papa lost the file ni?" Chinko asked to be sure of the scenario.

"E say na hin bag e put am yesterday and na me collect the bag keep for hin room." Nazaretha replied.

"Una dey sure say na hin bag him keep am?"

"Yes, hin talk say na hin bag."

"And hin no comot am for house?"

"He talk say hin no open the bag at all for house, but me I meet the bag open when I go give am for morning."

"Whether hin don carry am come out con forget," Sunday joined in.

"I no know o," Nazaretha replied.

"And shey una no go anywhere after?" Chinko asked.

"We comot o, we go church." Nazaretha replied.

"Una leave anybody for house?"

"No, na all of us comot together."

"Na wa o, shey una no lock the door ni?"

"We lock na, na me even lock the door self." Nazaretha answered.

"Make we go your house go check na," Charly suggested. "The thing fit dey somewhere inside," he added, rising up to his feet.

"But as una con talk say dem don already cash five million naira nko?" Chinko asked with a note of doubt, not really sure how a cheque works.

"Make we go check first," Charly insisted.

They all got up and began to journey to Nazaretha's house, they got to the place in five minutes. Nazaretha's friends waited for him while he went inside the house.

"Nazaretha, pleeease..." His mother was the first person he met in the sitting room, sobbing. Covenant and Magdalene were seated close to her, whether they were consoling her or consoling themselves, Nazaretha couldn't tell.

He ignored his mother's wailing and went straight to their parent's room, the door was locked, so he turned back to the parlour.

"Mummy, where's the key?" He asked his mum.

"Ehn," the woman got up to her feet immediately and began to search for the key on the sofa, with the hope that Nazaretha was ready to bring the file where he kept it. She handed over the key to Nazaretha and followed behind, Nazaretha's sisters followed too.

Nazaretha opened the door and stepped in slowly, the room was very dark and stuffy. "Please help me bring the lamp from the parlour," he said to his younger sister Magdalene, she was the only sibling of his whom he never spoke pidgin English with.

The lamp came and Nazaretha began to search the whole room. In five minutes time, he had to take off his shirt as the sweat oozing out of his body was as thick as blood.

"Don't you know where you kept it?" The mother asked on seeing that he wasn't making any progress.

"Mummy, I didn't keep it anywhere. I didn't open his bag nor did I touch anything inside," Nazaretha replied her and continued his search.

Lydia paused to think, she knew her son doesn't steal, talk more of taking a five million naira cheque. She had only thought Nazaretha out of his inquisitiveness could have taken the file and tampered with it, but with his insistence and seriousness in maintaining his stance, she began to think otherwise.

"Then who could have taken the file from your father's bag?" She asked, this time, more considerately.

"I don't know," Nazaretha said and turned to face the door, he placed his hands on his waist and looked around once again, then he inhaled and exhaled deeply. "Mummy, who was the first person to return from church last night?"

The mother and his sisters paused to think for a while. It wasn't the father, because he had waited for a brief elders' meeting after the service. It wasn't their mother also, she had waited to see the other members of the virtuos women society. Covenant and Magdalene did not come home quickly too, they were helping arrange some gifts meant for the school of ministry graduation service holding the next day, Saturday. The remaining two options were Nazaretha and the eldest sister, Patience.

"Aunty Patience came home before me," Nazaretha said quickly on seeing that all eyes were on him.

"But you opened the door, didn't you?" Patience voice sounded, she had just returned from where she went to. "You met me outside discussing with a friend when you came home and opened the door."

All eyes fell back on Nazaretha, he was still the one muddled up in the problem.

"What did your Uncle say?" Lydia asked, turning away from Nazaretha to Patience. Both of them stepped outside their father's room and the other two girls followed them after collecting the lamp from Nazaretha, he was left alone in the dark room.

He began to think and bite his fingers, it was true that he met Patience outside with one of her numerous "toasters" trying to flirt with her, he had walked past them, laughing in his mind at the kind of village swag the toaster had. They say your dressing determines the kind of people you'll draw towards yourself, his sister was a perfect example. She always attracted men who dressed like "holy village brothers" like she herself did as an "holy village sister" but Nazaretha saw it more as an archaic and absurd manner of dressing, especially because his sister who was still a very young woman would always look like a woman with five kids when dressed for an outing.

Read Chapter 2 Part 3 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by BlizzydoDo(f): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nice update
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by ritababe(f): 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
cherrybrown:
Ritababe,Johnsown 1,ozila,Caringguy

sitted
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by TheBlessedMAN: 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
Even if this old man wey dem dey call Oyinprince no mention us, We go still show our handsome 'faeces' on top his thread... Na becos say d Tori sweet wella...

Make I use wheelbarrow run go cal m bosses on d TEAM...

SmartestPopQUEEN...

T.gold...

Rohy....

Mrlemuel....

Abeg cum show ur beautiful and handsome Faeces 4 here o....

Make we Rock this Thread together...

[size=40pt] TEAM HERO [/size]
Re: Nazaretha's Hood - The Missing File by cherrybrown(f): 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
ritababe:

sitted
Ok dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity And The Missing Prick: A Short Story / ONOME My Landlord's Daughter (humor, Erotic And Romance Thriller) / Dead Trap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.