Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary (37936 Views)

Nigerian Parents Should Stop This. / The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) / 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
1. “Allowance”

Which one is allowance? Are they not ‘allowing’ you live in their house for free? My friend, will you leave this place

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by chocolateme(f): 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
Yes oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
2. “Privacy”

You want them to give you privacy in their own house? You want them to knock before they enter your bedroom? You’re a joker. You will get privacy when you move out and marry.

227 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
I love African parents!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
3. “Dating”

Which one is dating? Better face your book, graduate, then you can ‘date’ your spouse after both of you have married finish

212 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
4. “Sex”

Sex doesn’t exist. Simpu. The end. Full stop. Bye.

244 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
5. “Rest”

Rest ke? Are you God? Even God created the whole world before he rested? What have you done in your small life that you are resting? You can rest when you have died, abeg.

182 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
6. “Please”

Why are the people that gave birth to you telling you “please” biko? So they should beg you to bring the remote that is right beside them? You are not a serious somebody.

181 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
7. “Sorry”

Shebi people only say sorry when they are wrong? Well, there you have it, your parents can never be wrong. So why should they even know that word?

141 Likes 4 Shares

8. “Thank you”

Wait, you want your parents to thank you for doing something? See this comedian. The only time you might mistakenly hear those words is if you tell them “I love you.”

128 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Zdoh(m): 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
All dey be like evalasting punishment but when grow you will realize the good they have done for you.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
9. “Adult”

You think you are now an adult because you have turned 18 abi 21? Ehn go and report to the police that your parents don’t know what adult means. You will still chop all these slaps and punishments.

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
10. “Sick”

You’re not sick, you are well in Jesus’ name. Now stand up from that hospital bed, wear your uniform and be going to school.

153 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
11. “Sleepover”

You want to go and sleep inside another person’s house? You don’t have house? You don’t have bed? Infact, you don’t have sense.

284 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
12. “Whispering”

Why should they be whispering? If they don’t shout on the phone and at the person standing right beside them, how will people now hear what they are saying?

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
13. “Grounded”

Which kind of oyinbo nonsense is that one, abeg? Go an bring that cane from their room now now jare.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Obiomon: 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
#sigh phew!! I yaf try !!!! grin My teeth don already de pain me wet I take type cheesy lalasticlala don't let this work be in vain grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by njideoby(f): 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
But the parents are right though. Without their discipline and corrections, I wonder what our generation would have become.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
grin Op so on point
Although my parents say sorry,thank you and please(abeg) often

But you see that rest,just forgerrit!

I've been in the kitchen all day cooking,cleaning,serving everyone but myself,when I got out I was like "mehn I'm so tired" my mum was like "wetin you do Wey you tire, na me go come do work for you when you go your husband house grin

I no fit vex self

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by babyfaceafrica: 6:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
K
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
The privacy thing is very true
The way my parents barge into my room ehn
You'll wonder if I'm a criminal or something
Na wetin be knock undecided

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by tosyne2much(m): 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
You're so on point cheesy
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by patwhizkid(f): 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
Seriously sad
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by MzPecs(f): 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by mhisbliss(f): 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
hahahaha so true grin sometimes i wonder which one is better between how Africans train thier kids and how whites do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by emmyid(m): 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
African parents sha. Some persons will say it is discipline, training bla bla bla. All lies, how disciplined are we when we grow up. A white man is far more disciplined than a typical Nigerian man. Al this upbringing just make us hard hearten and stubborn. Speaking from experience!

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Fataiwo(m): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
Space booked
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by cruz419(m): 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
U just said it all,, d sorry and please part is d most annoying,, and dese mentality is affecting Africa so much,,

3 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by ggrin(f): 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
hahahahahahahaha choi cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Tunde Ayeni Retrieves Office Gifted To Female Lawyer,Adaobi Over Paternity Issue / 3 Boys And A Girl Newborn Quadruplets (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.