Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... (32681 Views)

Body Itching After Bath, is there no balm in Gilead ?? / Body Part Commonly Neglected While Bathing. / How To Stop Itching After Shaving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by jamesibor: 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
ETHIX:

I have been through this many years ago. if you want a solution to ur problem pls stop using sponge to bath. use only soap. Any type of soap without sponge is ok.

The last time I used sponge was in 1998 and there was no itching of any sort. In 2005, I tot over the years it would have stopped and I tried to use a new sponge I bought to my amazement the itching was much. I quickly ran to the bathroom for another round of bath. till today I don't use sponge.

Dirty towel or soap or water is not the problem but stop using sponge of any kind. just rub soap on ur body and use hand to wash it down. You can bath as many times as u like and there will be no negative reaction. just try it now after reading this piece and thank me later.

Same experience here Bro but I found out dirty or wet towels also make me itch.

I haven't used sponge since 2009.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by clefsantos(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
Am passing through the same thing,serious. Itching pls nairalanders I need help too.[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by donjahsy(m): 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2017
amicable09:

Lol. Is that what you do in your own case? cheesy

Itching after bathing? Apply body cream immediately after drying your body. Immediately.
applying cream immediately after bath doesn't stop it.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by donjahsy(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2017
amicable09:

Lol. Is that what you do in your own case? cheesy

Itching after bathing? Apply body cream immediately after drying your body. Immediately.
applying cream immediately after bath doesn't stop it.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by papermill: 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2017
OP YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A DRY SKIN. SO DO NOT SPONGE ALL OVER YOUR BODY EXCEPTS THE ARMPIT AND THE FAMILY PART"IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN" JUST USE LOTS OF SOAP TO WASH YOUR BODY INSTEAD OF SPONGE OK. DO THAT AND THANK ME LATER.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by lonelydora: 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
Doctors and all concerned nairalanders, I really need to know if there is any treatment for itching especially after morning bath. I have used up all means known to me including, bathing hot water, applying aboniki after bath, etc. I brought this to nairaland believing to get a lasting solution. Thank you my good people.

It is skin condition common to some people. Stop. Using sponge and always bath hot water. It happens to me whenever I use sponge. It is not a dirty towel issue. Make sure you tidy up your room before you bath. The itching increases when you are in an unkempt environment after bathing.

3 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by yim(f): 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
It happens to me and my mum
My mum's case is more serious cos had to see a dermatologist and she was told it's in the blood which is why I got to inherit it or something like that. They even told her that she can only manage it.
After she did her test I didn't bother cos I was scared of hearing same thing.
She went local with agumnu, and it doesn't itch her again.
Me: loraditine and after I stopped it, it came back, so I joined her in the local way.
Best advice: do a full blood test and see a doctor afterwards

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by everydayboy: 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
Doctors and all concerned nairalanders, I really need to know if there is any treatment for itching especially after morning bath. I have used up all means known to me including, bathing hot water, applying aboniki after bath, etc. I brought this to nairaland believing to get a lasting solution. Thank you my good people.

I'm sorry to disappoint you bro.... There's no help in terms of medics...... You will be wasting your money to be honest. First, I think it's hereditary, it doesn't really have a negative effect .... It's just the discomfort for a period of 5-10 minutes after bath. To tell you that I know what I'm saying; when you put on your clothes, the itching will reduce gradually. Secondly, to reduce the itching and the lasting period, stop or don't use hard sponge. .. me I completely stopped using sponge but used a lot of soap. You can buy pears soap.... It cost about 350h for 1. Why hereditary? It happened to all the boys in my house including my dad from age 15 until we turned 30.

I wish you all the best bro.
Kind regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2017
buy Xonadine or retidine. one tab daily for a month
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by luap1990(m): 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2017
Stop eating too much sugar. I have the same problem 2years ago, but when I reduce my sugar intake the itching stops. you can reach me08137801264
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by PMJOSEPH: 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:

I experienced this same condition for many years too. And i have come to discover that its quite common in males. I tried changing, soaps, creams, towels, bathing hot water and even puritin but no permanent solution came until I STOPPED SPONGING all together. till date i only have itchy skin after bath when i sponge. I hope this helps
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by 2buffagain(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2017
Are you bathing with well water? i.e hard water?

This used to happen to me in hostel way back then.
Try boiling the water before bathing with it.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by lexaydfg(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2017
It happens to me you too. It is the water, it is an undisolved mineral. When you want to bath, add some dettol to the water.

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by lonelydora: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2017
queenpin:
It's been happening to me for as long as I remember.
I have stopped bathing with sponge, it reduced slightly.
I have stopped bathing with cold water, it reduced slightly.
Tried different types of soaps , to no avail.
But I have noticed that I don't itch in the mornings when am rushing out to work etc. I only itch if I take my bath and am staying back at home or after my evening bath.
My wife thinks it's psychological.
Same to me. Stopped bathing cold water and using sponge. Happens when you are staying back at home after bathing.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by 2buffagain(m): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
PMJOSEPH:

I experienced this same condition for many years too. And i have come to discover that its quite common in males. I tried changing, soaps, creams, towels, bathing hot water and even puritin but no permanent solution came until I STOPPED SPONGING all together. till date i only have itchy skin after bath when i sponge. I hope this helps

A Sponge opens up your pores, so whatever irritant is in the hard-water can easily get in your skin and irritate it.

This is common with hard/untreated water.
Make the water soft by boiling or treating it and it shouldn't be a problem.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by superman(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
See them. Una no dey hear word. Kia.

This issue is in the blood. Stay away from gluten for months and see pure Biafran magic.

Chukwuabiahma God. Is it that difficult.

Nawo

Yes that protein in there contain traces of itching in it. Haha.

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by zonax(m): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:

Do you take opioid (pain killers) or any other forms of narcotic ?
Check the pH balance of the water you do use in bathing.
Do your job require you stay exposed to some radiative substance?
What cream do you use?
Do you stay under the sun for long?
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Olibboy: 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
It has happened to me before. Stop using that cream. Go and buy moisturising cream. E.g Pears, it worked for me.
Mbkite:
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by DexteryJoe(m): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2017
Use Aboniki balm na, Lolz, Pls use Tetmosol
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by martineverest(m): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2017
stop using sponge to bathe.... only use it in ur groin
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by everydayboy: 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2017
jamesibor:

Same experience here Bro but I found out dirty or wet towels also make me itch.

I haven't used sponge since 2009.

I honestly can't remember the last time I used sponge....... When seg .....

I want die be that!! My body will itch like say the rub perper for my body in the first 10 minutes after bath. Although the itching has stopped but them no born me well make I use sponge. Na die be that!!! I think should say.... I'm allergic to sponge.... Lol.... Na allergy now.....
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by OAUTemitayo: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2017
Fungal and yeast infections
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by africanusvu(m): 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
.BEEN AVING DAT SINCE GRADUATNG 13YRS AGO.AT AN AVARAGE OF 2TIMES A WK.LAST AT MOST 5MINS .USUALY MNING TIMES WHEN AND IN A HURY OR HAD POOR NIGHT SLEEP.I VE DECIDED TO LIV WIT IT SINCE IT AV NO OTHER EFECT ON ME.JUST 2-5MINS.AND AM FREE ONCE A WK.AND IMEDIATLY AFTA DAT.I FEEL SO LIGHT.AND I HARDLY GETS SICK.BT I SUSPECTS MY 5YR OLD FINE DAUGHTER HAD SAME.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by martineverest(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:

thanx. I hv done it in d past but no show
don't bathe with sponge....that's the cause.. it happened to me years back....only Wash ur groin region with sponge

for the past 5 years,sponge never touch my body
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by lonelydora: 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2017
ETHIX:

I have been through this many years ago. if you want a solution to ur problem pls stop using sponge to bath. use only soap. Any type of soap without sponge is ok.

The last time I used sponge was in 1998 and there was no itching of any sort. In 2005, I tot over the years it would have stopped and I tried to use a new sponge I bought to my amazement the itching was much. I quickly ran to the bathroom for another round of bath. till today I don't use sponge.

Dirty towel or soap or water is not the problem but stop using sponge of any kind. just rub soap on ur body and use hand to wash it down. You can bath as many times as u like and there will be no negative reaction. just try it now after reading this piece and thank me later.
Same with me. Last time I used sponge was in 2006
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by donjahsy(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2017
it happens to me always though cleaning the body and being under the fan reduces the itching to a barest minimum.

but what if there was no light?

well I don't really know if their is any professional advice and cure to that.

but whenever I add liquid dettol in my bathing water I hardly experience those itching, I suggest you give that a try cos those itching could make one cry.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by divalindiway(f): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:

Op I had same issues when I was in school both sec and uni, here are my findings based on my experience.
1. It happens mostly during raining seasons worst off if u use rain water to bath
2. It is very hereditary cos it happened to my dad.
3. Try bathing with warm water
4. Happens mostly in public bathroom where water splashes back on you from a dirty floor.
5. Petroleum jelly helps a lot when the itches begin.
6.Sweating before bathing also helped me.

4 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by HOSTCOM(m): 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
Hello, i wouldnt know if youve actually gotten solution but all i want to do here is try to help. Itching after birth is curable using this products i will like to share here. Pls admin or moderator dont see it as advertisement o, as im only trying to help. Pls look for c247 and choleduz they work like magic. You can check it on google or chat me here incase u cant quickly get it. 07035071971. Pls no qualms im only trying to help and serious person only. Health is wealth.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by richard69(m): 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:

pls can you recommend a soap for me. I'm dark in complexion. Thanx.
try tetmosol
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by superman(m): 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
Be honest to yourself. Not using sponge only minimise the itching thing but it is still there
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by SwiftNation: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
Bathe with ur slippers on, use disinfectants with ur warm bathing water. If it persists, go do test oo
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by martineverest(m): 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
everydayboy:

I honestly can't remember the last time I used sponge....... When seg .....

I want die be that!! My body will itch like say the rub perper for my body in the first 10 minutes after bath. Although the itching has stopped but them no born me well make I use sponge. Na die be that!!! I think should say.... I'm allergic to sponge.... Lol.... Na allergy now.....
same here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can A Woman Be Pregnant For 9 Months Without Knowing She's Pregnant? / Explorers Welcomes His Little Princess, Shares Hospital Experience(Photos) / Profiling Nigerians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.