Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring (10041 Views)

"Buhari Is Wrong, Nigeria Needs Restructuring" - Balarabe Musa / PDP Needs South-west To Succeed, Says Dickson / CONGRATULATIONS Makarfi, But PDP Is DEAD!!! (2) (3) (4)

President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:40am On Aug 06, 2016
It is a truism that President Buhari and his APC party have failed Nigerians, and even went as far as denying their campaign promises, hence, doesn't deserve a renewal of their mandate in Aso Rock and all other positions in 2019. However, the PDP of a party(and their sub-parties like my Palmchat friend always call the LPs/APGAs etc) should never be considered as a replacement for obvious reasons.

1. PAST PDP GOVERNMENTS ALSO FAILED IN THEIR CAMPAIGN PROMISES:
I have seen some comments from some PDP loyalists lamenting that Nigeria is missing Goodluck Jonathan, and I keep shaking my head. To those who may be unaware, President Goodluck Jonathan in 2011 made a whopping NIGHTY-ONE campaign promises which includes creation of 1.5 million jobs within 2years, To construct 2 world scale petrochemical plants, 2 fertilizer plants and 2 fertilizer blending plants, To build a $3 billion central gas processing facility by 2012 to be sited in Obiaruku Delta State, To attract $25 billion worth of investment into developing the country’s gas infrastructure, To create 600,000 new jobs in the gas industry, zero tolerance for corruption, transform Nigeria economy in 4 years, modernisation of ports, and so many GIGANTIC promises that can be seen here https://ogala./2011/11/18/president-goodluck-jonathans-91-campaign-promises-help-identify-those-he-has-delivered/ http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/top-stories/15666-reopening-jonathan-s-bag-of-many-promises

Just like Buhari, the last PDP administration didn't fulfill up to 2% of their promises despite the fact that they presided over oil boom period that traded at $100 per barrel in their time except late 2014.

2. PDP AND APC HAVE CORRUPT TRADITION
The administration that pledged zero tolerance for corruption became the most corrupt administration in the history of Nigeria, sharing our monies with their equally corrupt APC friends and willing civil servants. This corruption did not start from the last administration but they took it to the highest level. Our Reserves was heavily depleted from $47. 7 billion (As At December 31st, 2009) that the last administration inherited to meagre $30billion, while the Excess crude Account that Jonathan inherited at $6.5billion in February 2010 was depleted heavily and left at a meagre $2.1billion in 2015 www.thisdaylive.com/articles/excess-crude-govs-want-3bn-shared/82376/. It is a truism that within February and August 2010, Jonathan along with his PDP colleagues and APC friends deleted the ECA from $6.5billion to a meagre $450million www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/fg-draws-down-3bn-from-excess-crude-account/. It took Ngozi Iwaela to come to the rescue to up the ECA to $9billion between 2011 and 2012 www.cp-africa.com/2012/12/03/nigerias-excess-crude-account-eca-more-than-doubles-in-one-year-as-it-rises-to-about-9-billion/, but like the corrupt tradition in both APC and PDP, the $9billion was again depleted by the Political leaders from both camps and their affiliate camps, that are always available to partake in the sharing.

In this APC administration, we have been hearing budget padding to the tune of hundred of billions, the shielding of political associates of the administration in the ongoing corruption war, the billions demanded by Lai just for China trip etc. It is even worse that the Speaker of the House of Representatives, his Deputy, minority leader (who is PDP) and some others were fingered in padded looting at the expense of our ailing economy. It is even a shame that they are justifying the fraud, and the ruling party is looking at political solution instead of judicial punishment.

Can we forget so soon the secret recruitment of PDP/APC elite kids in CBN and other agencies?

3. BOTH PARTIES ARE FAILURES
Imo state led by APC couldn't meet a simple obligation of paying workers for over seven months, Edo state is also owing workers, also Nasarawa, Benue, Kogi, Oyo and several others. The case is not different from PDP states of Ekiti, Ondo, Bayelsa(oil producing along with Ondo) etc.

While the FG led by APC is crying that we have no money, the government of Buhari was busy giving FOREX subsidies in the tune of multi-billions to people on pilgrimage from both the Christian and Muslim faiths. Similarly, the PDP administration in Rivers state that has pledged to stop foreign sponsorship for indigent students and even withdraw those on scholarship due to paucity of funds is the same administration that pledged to continue spending on Pilgrimage for Christians and Muslims in the state http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/wike-to-continue-sponsorship-of-pilgrims-to-israel-saudi-arabia/. If this is not failure I wonder how one can define failure.

4. PDP WILL NEVER CHANGE
When some of us joined PDP, we did with the mindset of working towards a structural change in the party that would allow space for credible people. Despite the fact that some young people expended their all to see to that change, the corrupt elite that OWNS the party has refused to repent. The same people that were fingered in looting our resources from both parties are the same people being courted by the PDP. Bukola Saraki that is undergoing trial for acute corruption is more like a god to PDP. I was even ashamed seeing PDP HOR member Tony Nwolu defending Speaker Dogara on this budget fraud. Look at the calibre of men aspiring to lead the party, the Bode George, Gbanga Daniel etc. The party is not even sober at all, just like their APC colleagues. What a shame.

5. PDP AND APC ARE HYPOCRITICAL ABOUT RESTRUCTURING
While Ekweremadu the Deputy Senate President has been shouting RESTRUCTURING, he has failed to make case for it when it matters most. As DSP since 2007, Ekweremadu has always been the Chairman of Constitution Amendment Committee but he has never for once sponsor a bill for true federalism/regionalism/or whatever. Same way APC chieftains that has been shouting TRUE FEDERALISM but have never for once agitated for it in constitution review since 1999 despite the fact that Nigerians in their majority yearned for it. These people(APC and PDP) will deliver great speech about federalism and receive standing ovation, but they won't lift a finger to make such proposal in any of the amendments. In every amendment, their focus has always been life pension, immunity from criminal prosecution and "sharing" among themselves.

I make bold to say that the real factors against the progress of Nigerians is never tribal or religious differences but the political elites within APC, PDP, and their allies.

Make no mistake, APC has a mission to deplete Nigeria and frustrate Nigerians, but PDP is like an hardened criminal that has vowed never to repent despite several rehab sessions. To PDP, it is okay to be corrupt and then cry witch-hunt at the end of the day, while to APC it is okay to be corrupt as long as you maintain saying "Yes Sir" to the APC gods.

As a country, we need opposition. It is unfortunate that some of us over the years tacitly/innocently aided the fraud of both miserable groups thinking that there will be internal change but it has been proven that these corrupt parties are not ready to change.

However, the PDP can redeem itself by embarking on true Reformation.

I shall pause here for now hoping that my message is well understood....

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

60 Likes 18 Shares

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:42am On Aug 06, 2016
Mimiko(PDP) and Akeredolu(APC) Dancing While Ondo Workers are owed 7months Salary
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4009932_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Mistura02: 11:43am On Aug 06, 2016
wow
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by madridguy(m): 11:46am On Aug 06, 2016
I stand with TonyeBarcanista on this wonderful, insightful article.

More ink to you pen.

17 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:49am On Aug 06, 2016

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by sauceEEP(m): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2016
Wow!
Shots fired....
Nice, but the problem is that forming a new party won't be a smoothsail, even if a new party springs up they cannot compete with the oldies, ask KOWA, HOPE....

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by kolaaderin: 11:51am On Aug 06, 2016
I will only agree with you if and only if this write up and points of arguments are still valid till 6 months to 2019 general election, anything short of that is a hoax.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by gwales: 11:51am On Aug 06, 2016
Ghen Ghen
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Emyogalanya: 11:53am On Aug 06, 2016
Why u change that signature asking us to help rebuild pdp
TonyeBarcanista:
Mimiko(PDP) and Akeredolu(APC) Dancing While Ondo Workers are owed 7months Salary
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4009932_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Landloard01(m): 11:54am On Aug 06, 2016
OK
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by evy1(m): 11:55am On Aug 06, 2016
Party Affliation has always been a major problem in Nigeria
We should try to vote base on individual differences and what they can offer
APC failing Nigerians doesn't mean there are no reputable leaders in their fold likewise PDP.

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by madridguy(m): 11:55am On Aug 06, 2016
It's never too late my brother. Let leave APC/PDP sentiments aside. The OP is on point.

kolaaderin:
I will only agree with you if and only if this write up and points of arguments are still valid till 6 months to 2019 general election, anything short of that is a hoax.

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by MadeInTokyo: 11:55am On Aug 06, 2016

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:58am On Aug 06, 2016
If we all can shove our hate and merge together, form a stronger force amist our troubles and give all these political jobbers PDP or APC a deadly run for their money.. They will only learn how to treat us right or get burnt.. .

Let's unite now and put all this anger in one ball, then roll it towards our oppressors (PDP & APC) to free ourselves from their perpetual bondage..

You might not like the op too well (I don't think I did either) but looking beyond that and embracing the sincerity of his message is the way to go..

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by LRNZH(m): 11:59am On Aug 06, 2016
Money never change hands. Right now, politicians cannot sustain their praise-singers and boy-boy bloggers.

Wait until election time when the funds start to flow again and we will hear an entirely different story.

cc: Modath....grin

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by amuokuko: 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
Tonye the drummer boy...
It's of a truth both parties ve failed us, but we won't mind voting back PDP if we could find food on our tables once again, Dollar fallz Asap, Fulani Menace stops Asap...

Both parties may be ascribed to Devil, but it's better to make do with a Witch than hang around Lucifer..

We need PDP to save us from Buhari's "Restavék Policy"....

Tonye barcelona, a dollar today is in its 400 naira....

Be wise...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by EmeeNaka: 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
That's why some people are demanding for independence.

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by olamieseun(m): 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
Lovely write up, you are on point dis time around .

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by youngguru23(m): 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
Politics is full of lies.

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2016
Emyogalanya:
Why u change that signature asking us to help rebuild pdp
because PDP has shown that they are not interested in being rebuilt, neither are they willing to repent from their fraudulent ways. I have realised that we shouldn't be deceiving ourselves when the party is hardened. My brother, PDP deserves to be buried for good.

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by duro4chang(m): 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2016
I am 100 % in support of this thread.This is the time we need to sit up and forget partisanship and think of how we can liberate ourselves from these politicians.

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Nedumadrid(m): 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
Regional Autonomy is the Best for Nigeria.

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
This corruption lover will never change. Just because the PDP BOT fools have decided to zone out his corrupt sponsor High Thief Dokpesi, he now wants to begin bashing PDP. Barcanista, you must follow PDP, there is no going back. What did you think, that PDP would give Dok

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2016
MadeInTokyo:

Make we no lie for ourselves, the choice between Buhari(APC) and Jonathan(PDP) was like Devil and Lucifer. People that voted for Buhari did so because they couldn't stand another term of Jonathan. If you read Jonathan 2011 campaign, you saw where we were in 2010 and what we became in 2015, you wouldn't want Jonathan. But APC was the other side of same coin.

In fact, those of us that voted for PDP/Jonathan voted for Devil, those that voted for APC/Buhari voted for Lucifer.

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:11pm On Aug 06, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
This corruption lover will never change. Just because the PDP BOT fools have decided to zone out his corrupt sponsor High Thief Dokpesi, he now wants to begin bashing PDP. Barcanista, you must follow PDP, there is no going back. What did you think, that PDP would give Dok
When it comes to corruption, I have zero tolerance irrespective of who is involved.

As for Dokpesi, I penned this https://www.nairaland.com/2780171/2.5billion-arms-fraud-why-dokpesis and I don't think my stand has ever changed

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by Ajibel(m): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2016
I agree with this writeup wholeheartedly with a few reservations because in my personal space, I have given APC more time to see if they can at least fulfil some of its promises. And when I mean promises, not talks of a dollar to a naira or 5k incentive _bullshit.

The only time i would pitch tent with a party is during election period, after then, I'll always hold them accountable irrespective of who is there and under what political platform.

Now, which opposition party should we base our hope on? No one knows that's why I decided to see what APC would be up to in the next 12 months and not just write them off totally even though we are going through a whole lot of difficulties now!

On a light note, I bought procold #80 yesterday. I am still owing the _aboki #30 because I thought it was and has always been sold for #50.

Sigh... It's that bad Nigerians...

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by adultiph: 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2016
Wowwww.I never liked you as a person but i cannot fault you on this.I am a strong PDP supporter but I will confess to you that if i have my way neither the crop of people in APC or PDP will near the government.The whole thieves kept on changing from party to party but will never change for the good of the country.We are really suffering under APC and cannot continue like this.but then as far as PDP continues with the current people they are parrading,they will never be an option.Your message makes sense.We should forget our party differences and work together to save our country

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by DamiBukola: 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2016
visionless and directionless op

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by kaeycea(m): 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2016
lovely write-up again. let the awareness be widespread. How I wish all the blogs can have this . let us unite and send all these corrupt old fools away. Enough of this recycled selfish politicians
Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by modath(f): 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2016
LRNZH:
Money never change hands. Right now, politicians cannot sustain their praise-singers and boy-boy bloggers.

Wait until election time when the funds start to flow again and will hear a different story entirely.

cc: Mo...grin

Bros mi, let's unlook, we know how e dey go... See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil.... smiley smiley

Cc Progressive01

Re: President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring by DamiBukola: 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
visionless and directionless op, today u r in pdp tomorrow u r out just for yo selfish interest. I could remember how u were fronting Sola Kuti, since he lost on his way u v turned out to be anti pdp.

Go and form your party, hypocrites

17 Likes

Politicians 'colluding With INEC Officials' To Alter Submitted Lists / How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? / 40 Die In Rumuolumeni River Boat Mishap In Rivers State

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72