Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction (33132 Views)

You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / When Is The Right Time To Remove And Wash Your Radiator? / Lagos State Govt To Charge Extra Money On Cars Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by Romzy26: 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2016
to think that I drove pass there today and I was saying "na so person go don shark for night now jam the thing, why don't they remove it" but then again we can't wait for the govt to do everything for us, i should've stopped and pushed it back but Lagos state say no parking . na so they hold me for Aye bus stop for Isolo cos say i just stop to drop person.
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by Romzy26: 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2016
to think that I drove pass there today and I was saying "na so person go don shark for night now jam the thing, why don't they remove it" but then again we can't wait for the govt to do everything for us, i should've stopped and pushed it back but Lagos state say no parking . na so they hold me for Aye bus stop for Isolo cos say i just stop to drop person.
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by oblak00(m): 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2016
OP go and carry it by yourself and stop disturbing us
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by Marthynx10(m): 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2016
That stuff can be removed from the road by well-meaning Nigerians. Let's not wait for the government to do this simple task. #LetUsBuildTheNationTogether
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by Britzdon(m): 11:12pm On Aug 06, 2016
olatunji21:
Why do we av to call govt for everything, i don't think this so-called divider causing obstruction is too big for two persons to carry nd place appropriately.....Na waa
NAAWAAforYOU
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 06, 2016
Britzdon:
NAAWAAforYOU
Wetin i do Oga mi
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by osewanu(m): 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2016
Megacity or Megaslum... Oba Akran which is a major road in Ikeja is an eyesore . For a city with pretensions to be mega, Little things like this is what a serious govt should focus on. Not building skyscrapers or signing agreements with Dubai etc. Most of the gutters on major highways are uncovered(The one opposite national near the airport is particularly scary). Pedestrians do not have walkways, there are no pedestrian crossing lights. Zebra crossings etc virtually non existent. Most of the roads in lagos even Ikeja are not even smooth. Inadequate road markings. Mad people roaming the streets naked, open defecation and urinating publicly by the road side, corpses on the street or road side decomposing takes forever to be disposed of. Transportation system run majorly by touts and deviants with very ugly and disgusting buses. Its time Lagos got its priorities right honestly. Ambode and co should really stop deceiving themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by okingslice(m): 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
People can be lazy. Just negodi shocked
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by Kelechijoan(f): 1:25am On Aug 07, 2016
For your event decoration ,makeup, cakes, etc. Call /watapp cherries event on 07034626807. There is an on going PROMO.

Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:33am On Aug 07, 2016
okingslice:
People can be lazy. Just negodi shocked

some people can be really lazy, learn the language and stop copy copy tongue
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by kingsamm(m): 2:42am On Aug 07, 2016
You dey call LASG to km commot 'stone' for road?!

This thing can be carried by 4 guys naa... But who go carry...

No be my papa property.... no be my papa property
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by bigsmoke2(m): 6:01am On Aug 07, 2016
They also need to fix the broken sidewall of that ikeja bridge too . that thing has been there for ages
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by Originalsly: 6:07am On Aug 07, 2016
Hmmm..... we should fix the problem.... not the State... to which we pay taxes and fees to fix such problems. With this kind thinking by so many..we are the enemies of progress.
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by stpat1(m): 6:51am On Aug 07, 2016
Is that obstruction not placwd there to discourage trucks and other heavy duty trucks from using the bridge?
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by adeoba2008(m): 7:16am On Aug 07, 2016
Must we always wait for government to remove something like this from the road?
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by asiwaju87(m): 8:16am On Aug 07, 2016
mafioso47:
sometimes I wonder what the road safety officials and LASTMA guys do. do they expect to be told??

Oga, They are [/b]FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY CORPS[b] and that road is a state road so you can't find them there cuz they've gat no business with it except when navigating through it to get to their destination.

Moreover, let's always think of what to do for our country and not always thinking of what our country will do for us...
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by mafioso47(m): 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
asiwaju87:

Oga, They are [/b]FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY CORPS[b] and that road is a state road so you can't find them there cuz they've gat no business with it except when navigating through it to get to their destination.

Moreover, let's always think of what to do for our country and not always thinking of what our country will do for us...
well said but does FRSC mean they can't make a road which is in a state of a federation safe for driving? but they can stand on a state road to check tyre expiry yea and issue fines yea? thinking of what we we do for our country hmm
Re: Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction by timunstopable: 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2016
All these ignorant villagers with their comments

That divider has been pushed back several times by the government especially when they keep fixing the truck barrier but the danfo drivers,okadas and keke always push it back to make illegal U turn

look at that truck barrier very visible but trucks will still try and force their way on to that bridge

The government is not the problem but the lawless danfo drivers and the people that will see them shifting the divider and do nothing

If the divider is put back by next morning this lawless people have shifted it again

Case Study LASG constructed perimeter fencing at Onipanu Median to prevent the weekly death of pedestrians that cross the ikorodu road..Same pedestrians got cutters to cut the metal fence so that they can cross the express road even though there is a pedestrian bridge there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Jeep Climbs Up Near Vertical Rock (Photos, Video) / My Neighbour Jacked Up My Car / Rusty Porsche Abandoned For 45years Going On Sale For ₦250m In The U.S.(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.