Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo (38636 Views)

Sule Lamido Wore 2012 PDP Convention Gown To 2017 Convention (Photo) / Tunde Adeniran Rejects Outcome Of PDP Convention, Calls BOT To Take Over Party / PDP Convention 2017: Delegates Chase Out Senator Buruji Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2016
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday denied media reports suggesting he attended an event convened by his former party, the Peoples Democratic Party. in Abuja.

In a text message he personally sent to PREMIUM TIMES on Saturday morning, Mr. Obasanjo said the reports were a ploy by their masterminds to score “cheap political gains”.

He said he was at the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Centre as guest of Senator Abdullahi Adamu, the Senate Committee Chairman on Agriculture, when some PDP leaders stormed the venue to great him.

“Chief Obasanjo’s resignation from party politics is final,” the statement said.

PREMIUM TIMES’ correspondent in Ogun State also quoted the former president as saying, “Those who know me, know that I have publicly announced my quitting partisan politics and those who will believe the purported story will believe anybody who tells him that his or her mother is not a woman.

“If I quit a party when it was alive and seemingly united, how could I go back to a now divided, factionalized party grasping for breath?”

Later on Saturday afternoon, Mr. Obasanjo’s office issued a more detailed statement saying, “The attention of the former President, His Excellency, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has been brought to the photonews story, which has gone viral on the social media on Friday, August 5, 2016 of his purported being “spotted” at a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) event at the Shehu Musa Yar’adua Centre, Abuja’,the statement reads.

‎’While ordinarily his first reaction to the news was that those behind it targeted to get him annoyed and embarrassed him, his conclusion was that he has told the world that he has quit partisan politics and that is final. Anybody hoping to drag him back will fail like any man feeding mice to a dead cat’,the statement added.

“To clear the minds of doubting Thomas’s and those behind the orchestrated news in circulation and particularly those who had been calling to ascertain what actually happened at the Shehu Musa Yar’adua centre. On the invitation of the Commodities Association Stakeholders, His Excellency, was invited to the “Zero Hunger Nigeria” event at the Centre’, the statement said.

“He arrived at about 10.00am and immediately moved to the meeting. The meeting commenced but few minutes into the session, his attention was drawn to the presence of some people walking up to where he was seated.

“At closer glance, he recognized them to be politicians and they exchanged pleasantries, saying they came to greet him and they walked out again from the meeting. The former President cracked joke with them calling them “invaders and gate crashers”.

The statement said the programme ended and immediately Mr. Obasanjo and his entourage headed back to Lagos.

He said he was barely hours in Lagos when he started receiving calls from far and near wanting to find out about his presence at a political party programme in Abuja.

The statement added, “The photo news in circulation, which claimed that he was spotted at a political party event is therefore mischievous, as a responsible journalist ought to have gone further to ascertain his actual destination in among the number of venues at the centre and not taking photograph of his alighting from his vehicle to read another meaning. Shocking also to note that the picture was actually taken while on his way out of the Centre after the programme he had attended had finished”.

“This is the height of irresponsible journalism, which the former President is calling for its investigation and sanction on anybody involved in order to serve as deterrent to others who may want to be used either by omission or commission to misinform the public on such sensitive issue.”

There were reports on Friday (not in PREMIUM TIMES) that Mr. Obasanjo was sighted at the Yar’Adua centre in Abuja, the same venue used by the leadership of the PDP to inaugurate its national convention committees.

It later turned out that the former president was at the venue for an entirely different 

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/208174-plotted-associate-dying-pdp-obasanjo.html

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by Adaowerri111: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2016
OBJ is too smart for Nigeria Politics, just promote him smiley smiley smiley

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2016
Now watch how wailers would insult and call him all sorts of names...They earlier praised and hailed him on the provious threading thinking he gonna re-join Pdp..Wailers are nothing but Shameless buffon.

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by otr1(m): 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
Those who know me, know that I have publicly announced my quitting partisan politics and those who will believe the purported story will believe anybody who tells him that his or her mother is not a woman.

“If I quit a party when it was alive and seemingly united, how could I go back to a now divided, factionalized party grasping for breath?”
In other words, Baba is saying "if you think I'll be involved in beating a dead horse, you better brace yourself for some disappointments; PDP, clean up your mess"

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by GudluckIBB(m): 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
ugu leave Ambasadors were already saying yesterday that He has gone back to PDP .

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by chumakk: 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2016
Have you notice that head of states are suddenly visiting themselves thisdays? Sometime is happening.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by drss2(m): 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2016
ota baboon has spoken. who wants him in PDP sef

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
Obj's exit from the PDP left a big gap that is yet to be filled. It also did incalculable damage to the party. Little wonder that leaders of the party are doing their very best to bring him back into the party....The PDP needs to get over the loss of a savvy politician like Obasanjo and continue with the rebuilding process. Obasanjo is a big fish no doubt, but these days, the people decide who rules over them.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by modath(f): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2016
drss2:
ota baboon PDP slayer has spoken.
who wants him in PDP sef

You for starters..... The wide grin says it all. smiley

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by STARGREEN(m): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2016
OBJ is undeniably relevant, yet the party can be stronger without him. PDP will be stronger again.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by wallex1983(m): 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2016
[size=16pt]
Lóbátán[/size]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by yarimo(m): 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2016
OBASANJO don't worry about their lies you are a man of honour.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by gigabyte13: 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
The ugwu citizen will not like this baba. Why are you always putting bitterleaf in their mouth instead of their favourite?

Check wailers comment when BABA left their "HELO" alone to wallow in defeat, their comments few minutes ago and after this story, THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT IT REALLY MEANS TO BE A WAILER.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by phemmie06(m): 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
PDP. How market

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by malton: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
grin cheesy

This is out of the ordinary, so unusual.

Someone must be sitting at a corner from where they are orchestrating all of these heartbreaking events.

The first week of August, 2016 should already be declared as wailers' disappointment week. From the appointments to the Jonathans, the Aishas, now Obasanjo. Haba, does the person wants to see to their end all in one week? Bikonu, have mercy please.

This one that they have all gone mute for almost a week now, hope say Nigeria never commit genocide? Because for the first time in a long long while, I have been able to read from the first to the last comment on threads without a single comment from them.

Rest in peace, wailers, we hated your stupidity but the puppeteer hates you most!

kiss

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by DIKEnaWAR: 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
Calling PDP a dead party?
Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by egift(m): 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
Those that celebrated his purported return yesterday will soon come to insult OBJ.

This means Sheriff still has the upper hand grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by DIKEnaWAR: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2016
Calling PDP a dead party?

A party that took him from a dying man out of prison, rehabilitated and made him President. Without PDP, Obasanjo would have died for lack of cash to pay his medical expenses or out of hunger and frustration. He became rich and rehabilitated his pocket and businesses.

Instead of being a democrat, Obj turned a garrison commander and destroyed everything democratic about the PDP. When he was leaving office, he left an Ahmed Makarfi, Nasir El rufai and other better qualified northerners to impose sick and clueless Yar'adua on us. He abandoned Donald Duke, Udo Udoma, Kanu Agabi and other better qualified men from the south south to saddle us with a corrupt and inept GEJ. Ask me why PDP won't die?

Obj, PDP is not dying. It is dead and you killed it. What you left was the carcass of a huge elephant whose odour those you left behind couldn't manage. They all ran in different directions; abandoning GEJ with the elephant. He in turn has abandoned ship.

This is saying RIP to PDP and to APC in advance(as Buhari too is killing that one). If we want to take back our country from these 'Mugabe' clowns, we have to forget Political party, ethnic or religious inclination and concentrate on a country that works: A country restructured to work!

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by policy12: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
Wailers be like.. .

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by Abeymills(m): 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
Obj n thier likes all dis old retired generals are the ones destroying d peace progress n unity of dis nation they av stolen so much yet they sow seed of discord among us vibrant youth of dis nation it's time we reason

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by koladebrainiac(m): 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2016
R
Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by 247NewsUpdateNG: 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
modath:

Aunty I hereby recommend you for appointment as Head of FBI, CIA and SSS!

8 Likes

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by modath(f): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
247NewsUpdateNG:

Aunty I hereby recommend you for appointment as Head of FBI, CIA and SSS!

smiley smiley.. Merci..

Abeymills:
Obj n thier likes all dis old retired generals are the ones destroying d peace progress n unity of dis nation they av stolen so much yet they sow seed of discord among us vibrant youth of dis nation it's time we reason

You know this but still fall into the booby trap.... cool

The fault isn't wholly theirs, it's more to do with a generation of "youths" that put Net worth above self worth.....

When we begin to value people and not the coins they flaunt, then we can begin to chart a new course...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by drss2(m): 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2016
modath:

i was missled by d aricle, but i will not be surprised if OBJ still dream of PDP at night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by Progressive01(m): 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2016
Eyaaa!!

PDP the newest Leper in town!! Nobody wants to be associated with them, not Obj, not Barca, and certainly not me!! cheesy

PDP died the day Obj tore his membership card and was buried after Jogogoro lost re-election.

So long Leper. smiley

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by modath(f): 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
drss2:
i was missled by d aricle, but i will not be surprised if OBJ still dream of PDP at night.

OBJ's ship has sailed... PDP is surplus to OBJ's plan, he has sucked the juice and discarded the chaff......

Minus Jona not honouring the gentleman agreement they had, He and Fayose and Kashamu are like oil and water, chemistry and physics tinz.....

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by Progressive01(m): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2016
akthedream:
Now watch how wailers would insult and call him all sorts of names...They earlier praised and hailed him on the provious threading thinking he gonna re-join Pdp..

Wailers are nothing but Shameless buffon.
I really feel for these guys honestly. No direction whatsoever, like chaff in the wind.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by Akinrogun(m): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2016
lalasticlala.....food is ready for serving

let's make wailers nightmare perfect this weekend.....lmao

Obasanjo sef is wicked.....he ensured the dagger is driven into the very soul of PDP. always throwing jabs at any given opportunity.
Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by josephine123: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2016
hmmm
Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by Progressive01(m): 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2016
“If I quit a party when it was alive and
seemingly united, how could I go back to a
now divided, factionalized party grasping for
breath?”
Lord have murcey!! This is like a dagger right through the left ventricle... cry

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by modath(f): 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2016
Progressive01:
Lord have murcey!! This is like a dagger right through the left ventricle... cry

You just nor get joy... cheesy cheesy, something wey you know go make some get short sleep and a very very long night, wicked, wicked, wicked.. cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Pictured With Clergymen / Protect Yourselves From Bandits - Governor Matawalle Tells Zamfara Residents / Heavy Shootings Rock Ojota, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.