Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:36 PM

Nigerians: We Are Racists! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians: We Are Racists! (4604 Views)

Nigerians: We Don't Live In Paradise And We Know It / Stop Lieing To Nigerians, We Are Not Winning The War- Soldiers Cry Out / America "a country full of racists" retort as Miss America racially abused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians: We Are Racists! by taex(f): 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2009
Hi all, I am Oluwateniola, a born and bred nigerian from Ijebu and Edo backgrounds, so before u insult me (which some of you will as my topic is quite controversial and many will disagree) pls consider that.

I believe that a lot of nigerians are very racists. I have been noticing and observing for a long tym and have found that we do not likw white people in our business, we tend to insult them in one way or the other when they show interest in our culture and traditions. We also tend to have a preconceived idea that they think that they are superior, but i disagree strongly with that view

A friend of mine recently said to me that she is disgusted when she sees 'white girls stealing our men' as she put it.

Why are we so racist pls comment,
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by blackspade(m): 10:45pm On Sep 22, 2009
Wrong section.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by kuntama: 10:48pm On Sep 22, 2009
Is this a wind-up?
Racist towards whites? grin grin cheesy
We're racists towards ourselves. I believe the correct term is Tribalism?
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2009
[size=21pt]if any naija emm are prone to denouce themselves after emm migrating to oversea

na edo people

now quote me

superman[/size]

a lot of them settle for a white lady

a lot of them never wana come back to naija

etc they avoid eachother like hell

now before anyone wana crucify my igbo ass remember this is a fact from itay to swizz to germany to london etc

oh yea; now tell me if me lyin
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by kuntama: 10:56pm On Sep 22, 2009
Ikeyman. Is there something wrong with you? Can you not speak English?
Can you not communicate propertly. Honestly, it doesn't even have to be English -just something that makes sense!
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 11:03pm On Sep 22, 2009
^^^^^^

ladies and gentellu menu

yall see what me sayin

now quote me hahhah grin

tellin me i can talk in erish hahha

now again

edo people may una desist from bleachin ur skin, u bi blaik?? oo

u think u bi oyibo lipsrsealed shocked
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by taex(f): 11:03pm On Sep 22, 2009
Umm, Mr superman, if u notice very well, my opening post was not denouncing bt proudly declaring ma heritage, yes i do live in the united kingdom but i have not lost my roots, n pls stick to the topic. Post above that, I didnt mean tribalism, I meant racism, towards white people. The first post i read on nairaland forum was posted by a white girl who asked why blacks did nt find white women beautiful, and although some of the posts were quite polite, lots were very offensive and just not needed, telling her that she has no right to ask a question lyk dat, dat shes stupid and she shldnt expect us to worship the ground she walks on. This is just a mild example of what im talkin about,
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 11:05pm On Sep 22, 2009
^^^ well young lady

superman has spoken

forgive me cool
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by taex(f): 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2009
ikeyman00, i wld rather u not generalise lyk that, every tribe has its flaws, but I as a person am proud of ma skin, tribe and country, that is not the issue here, pls stick to the issue.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 11:07pm On Sep 22, 2009
'
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by taex(f): 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2009
whatever, any real or sensible comments from anyone else?
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by Gamine(f): 1:03am On Sep 23, 2009
We could be racist (apart from the fact that belief in 'races' promotes racism)

In Nigeria, i have noticed it alot.
they call them names and laugh at them <those who arent english-speaking>
especially when there is nothing to be gained from that particular foreigner

Some people say, hey we worship white folk,
if theres anything the Nigerian worships, its money.
and if the white folk dont have it, im sorry for him/her.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by Beaf: 1:42am On Sep 23, 2009
We have other problems here. How is this going to help Nigerian politics?

There is a racism section for posts like this.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by becomrich15: 1:47am On Sep 23, 2009
are we?, nigerian abroad isolate themself too much. Do we really hate white people. I dont think so.

In yorubaland people love white people. I cant remember we hate them. If you look at the yorubas film, you would find white people in nigeria that speak yoruba in those film.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by becomrich15: 1:51am On Sep 23, 2009
many white people living in nigeria speak yoruba. it is the most widely spoken language among white in nigeria. Do google and you find white people speaking yorubas. many white go to nigeria universities to study yoruba.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 8:52am On Sep 23, 2009
^^^
to say that therent aint nothing wrong with u might be an understatement! shocked

white people or not

live your lives!! fools

u can check out the edos in nl to verify what i ve said

this is no joke!! sad shocked
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by away4real(m): 9:25am On Sep 23, 2009
tae_x:

Hi all, I am Oluwateniola, a born and bred nigerian from Ijebu and Edo backgrounds, so before u insult me (which some of you will as my topic is quite controversial and many will disagree) pls consider that.

I believe that a lot of nigerians are very racists. I have been noticing and observing for a long tym and have found that we do not likw white people in our business, we tend to insult them in one way or the other when they show interest in our culture and traditions. We also tend to have a preconceived idea that they think that they are superior, but i disagree strongly with that view

A friend of mine recently said to me that she is disgusted when she sees 'white girls stealing our men' as she put it.

Why are we so racist pls comment,

@ poster is this some form of reverse psychology or what.  I am sorry and do not intend to be insulting but your post suggest a very high level of ignorance and not in touch with reality.

What exactly are you on about, what do you mean there is a preconceived idea of superiority. In the UK where you live, how many black Ceo's can you point to, why did the ethnic minorities in the metropolitan police come out and state they have to work four times as hard as their average white colleagues to get the same level of recognition, if the whites do not have the preconceived idea why the one sided distribution.

There are facts and figures to prove prejudice from the white man to the black man (this is not to suggest that every white man is prejudice) but that there is an institutional bias in place.

Even in the US where there has been much progress in race relations, there are suggestions from some quaters that some whites have racial prejudice towards President Obama.

Coming here to use examples such as nigerian women dont find white women beautiful , white girls stealing black men is just so shallow and lame,,  market women talk.

Again my apologies not my intention to be insulting but to bring out the dept of your idea so u think again, pls Nigeria is a subset of the black population, statistics suggest that 1 in , is it 8 black people are Nigerians, so are u suggesting that black people are racist. The question should be what is the origin of racism and who is the aggresor not the bs*** absolute rubbish you have just posted.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by FBS: 9:29am On Sep 23, 2009
@away4real. Thanks. You nailed it.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 9:51am On Sep 23, 2009
@@@@@

even BBC or CNN in Lagos

wetin u wan see for television

yaba market wey people de chop garri or ajegule ehuu??

thinkin u go see all that nice places wey oyibo de hide na big lie!!

@@@@ poster

ask the whites; why have they continually repeatin the same evil act for years lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by Gamine(f): 9:52am On Sep 23, 2009
oh Mr Ikeyman

STFU
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2009
@@@@@

wasnt LEmar Obi meant to win pop idol in UK

why didnt he win then?
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 9:55am On Sep 23, 2009
gamine

no bi true?

na true naw grin
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 9:58am On Sep 23, 2009
why do kevin Kegan excluded blacks like andy cole from his team even when its obvious he the only option

na today
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 10:00am On Sep 23, 2009
why do big brother UK uses ugly black woman all the time lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 10:01am On Sep 23, 2009
why do the Uk media uses mixed race whenever they need a black woman lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by princekevo(m): 10:29am On Sep 23, 2009
Thank God for Internet, anyone can open his/her computer and yearn whtever.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by Gamine(f): 11:35am On Sep 23, 2009
Thank God for Internet, anyone can open his/her computer and yearn whtever.
Exactly.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by ikeyman00(m): 11:48am On Sep 23, 2009
correct!!!

princekevo
is absolutely right !!

gamine

hope u recognise what he meant!!

where u de hide for naija self  grin

i could help ur tribe multiply self haa
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by alias64: 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2009
[b]Since we all like tokin truth, lets tok truth here too, we can be pretty racist!

Everyone has his or her experience, sure. In my experience, Nigerians can seem racist and have harsh racist views. My mother, an Ibo woman, thinks white people are devils. Her sisters often say nothing and keep stiff when white people visit but as soon as the white person turns their back, they burst out laughing. As a youngster in Warri, any black woman with a white man was called a prostitute. All my relatives in Nigeria and abroad seem to hate whites and Asians, especially Indians. However, I think that the majority of Nigerians, highly educated or informed by their culture, simply view white people as just another set of people. However, whites, very used to being treated as extra special by none-whites, are subconsciously unable to deal with this Nigerian attitude of normalcy towards them and instead want to attribute to Nigerians arrogance or bigotry.

It’s like when you don’t make extra complimentary comments about a mixed raced child when others are doing so and you’re viewed as either jealous or racist. 

Then again when whites do go to Nigeria and get the welcome that you and I would get just becuse of the "overseas" factor they are the ones who go misinterpreting and taking it to mean that its because they are white.

[/b]
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by taex(f): 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2009
at away4real. Speaking of preconcieved ideas of superiority, it is our own past that is biting us in the arse. I live in the uk, and I see a lot of black people making it in thier chosen professions. The only difference is that these people are in the minority. The majority of black ppl living in the uk tend to limit themselves, they have no vision because they think like you do. They think that they can never get anywhere as the white man is there to put them down so they dont even bother trying. No be mouth, na work. If these people disregarded the current state of black achievement out there, got a good education and got a first degree, are u telling me that they wld then be discriminated against even though thier credentials are as good or even better than that of the next person? U dont realise that there is actually a system to prevent things like that. If i applied for a job, same as a white man, I have a 1st and so does he, If they take the white man over me, there has to be a damn good reason otherwise i can take them to an employment tribunal and get a whole lotta compensation for it, and dont tell me the system doesn't work because it does. WE are the ones who don't try. Yes there is still racism out there, but we dont believe we can beat it so we dont try, we simply take it out on other innocent whites simply because they have the same color of skin. THAT IS NONSENSE
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by taex(f): 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2009
Oh and im sorry, i posted this in the wrong section. my bad.
Re: Nigerians: We Are Racists! by taex(f): 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2009
Ikeyman, it seems u dont like edo ppl very much, I dont mind that and i dont care, BUT, this is not a forum to discuss ur shallowmindedness and stupidity, so please do us all a favor n SHUT UP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Lawmakers Advocate Return Of Police Check-point Nationwide / Very Interesting: America's Secret Files On Ojukwu. / Breaking News!! Street Protest Broke Out In Anambra Against Inec And Apga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.