Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,846 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Nephilim - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nephilim (61392 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nephilim by olumose001(m): 11:08am On Nov 08, 2016
ReuEl12:

two chapter updates coming in today
Yata!! Can't wait!!
Re: Nephilim by lorelife(m): 11:16am On Nov 08, 2016
plzzzzzz updatesssss. am gona put it in prayer nw.
Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2016
CHAPTER SIXTEEN : BURN JASON, BURN!

O'Neil and Esther left alake that morning and went to the next town . When they arrived they checked into the town's local hotel. Immediately they got their room O'Neil quickly went to go and wash off the stench that came from crash-flying into a flock of migrating bats. After spending what seems like hours in the bathroom he finally came out, and Esther rushed in, cursing him under her breath for taking too much time. Changing back into his clothes which for some reason doesn't burn; even when he summons a full body flame up, O'Neil sat down on the bed to watch the TV and as he waited for sleep to come take him; the news came on and after several minutes of inaudible oration from the newscaster behind the desk, the scene switched to a field reporter That was to Oniel's interest: giving his report at the place where they had just battled Lucy. As he rambled on inaudibly the reporter, pointed at the huge pile of rocks behind him where they had buried Ahmed following Esther's suggestion. O'Neil read the headlines that ran at the base of the TV and it said : 29 dead, 115 more injured and property worth millions of Naira lost in mysterious 9.3 Magnitude earthquake that shook, small Lagos town. "turn it up" Esther said from behind. She had just exited the bathroom and was standing by the door. O'Neil who turned around to see the look of regret, remorse and pain mixed together on her face said "Esther, you're already ridden with guilt, you don't have to" but she replied "I killed all those people in my petty feat of rage, I need to hear them" so with that O'Neil went over to the TV and increased the volume. ***" ......but while security agencies are still unable to explain exactly how this huge piles of rocks came to be in the outskirts of Alake town, residents did have alot to say about what they think happened last night...." the reporter said as the scene switched and in the next scene he was standing next to a lady and she was saying "I was in my bedroom sleeping, then everything started shaking , I was so afraid, I thought it was the end. Oh those poor people that died." the scene switched again and this time it was a man and he said "I was preparing a presentation I was going to make at my office today, it was late at night, when I heard a large boom, but out of fear I didn't come out that night and in the morning when I came out I discovered that a sizable chunk of the town was gone... just like that, this kind of thing has never happened before." the scene switched again and this time a market woman yelled into the camera "Boko Haram!" "how did you know that madam?" the reporter asked and she replied "I was sleeping on the parlour, when I hear that useless woman iya korede shouting, I tut she was juss lukin for s'rouble again..... She was souting ' Awon Boko Haram ti de oooo' but I don't belief ha until I hear the gbosss sound of bomb with my own ears, I am telling you, awon Boko Haram ti de' eko, me I will carry my shudren and leave this country back to my fillage Ibadan!" the scene switched again and this time there was a somber woman being consoled by a man and when asked she said "they killed my boy. My little temi" bursting into tears, she continued "he was just a child, yet they killed him" "who did?" the journalist asked and she said "Aliens, one of fire and one of lightning" switching once again an homeless drunk Came into view "so you said you saw the whole thing" he was asked "yeeeeees I did, it was craaaaaazy out here last night, there was this duuuuude on fire, fighting lightning; another dude who fell into a big hooooiiole. And a girl very pretty, who was crying as huuuuuuuge piles of rocks flew to the sky and gathered in one plaaaaace, I was drunk, I was high on Meth and I was scared to sh*t , but man It was still awesome!" the homeless drunk concluded. "so there you have it folks" the reporter said, " The collective accounts on what went down last night by the residents of Alake.... whether it was a terrorist, aliens or the vivid creation of a drunken drug addict's doing, one thing is common in all of their story. There were People in the center of it. And until investigations are completed we will never know what truly happened. But I do urge everyone to be careful, and to always remain vigilant. This Ehis Godwin AIT news." There was a short intermission and then the news room came back on ".... and in other news, President Buhari has condemned....." *** the news anchor was saying when O'Neil turned the TV off then said to Esther "get some rest, we have a long night ahead of us" but with sleep being the last thing on her mind Esther asked "have you ever done anything terrible you regret?" as they lay on the bed. "I've done a lot of things that are considered terrible by moral standards" O'Neil replied then continued "but the only one I regret is getting on that plane with my dad. I was too happy to think that anything could go wrong, but then I watched my father burn to death right in front of my eyes by my own flames and all the while, he was trying to help me through what both he and I did not understand at that time" . "your, claiming?" Esther asked "yeah, if I had known, that something like that was gonna happen, I would have not gone with him. I was used to the life of misery I lived staying with my relatives and I've lived without him for years, never needing anything from him... But the moment he walked through my room doors, I suddenly felt like I couldn't go one day without him in my life. And when he asked me to return with him, it was a dream come through" O'Neil confessed "am sorry for your father," Esther sympathised. " like you I was ridden with guilt I wanted to die from it" said O'Neil "how did you get past your guilt" Esther asked "I didn't, I simply developed a coping mechanism. I gathered what's left of me that cared and sealed it up in a mental box and threw away the key." "hmm a coping mechanism you say, pretty rash but it's cool thanks for the talk O'Neil" she said and O'Neil replied "yeah, yeah now get some sleep, it will be dark soon" and with that they both slept off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2016
That night O'Neil woke her up at around 11:30 pm and they took to the air, they flew all night, relying on Google Maps and familiar landmarks for direction. By the third day at dawn they arrived Ikea O'Neil's home town. As the sun came up, they checked themselves into an hotel. And later that afternoon they got out in search of Jason. "so where are we headed next ." Esther asked after they had searched everywhere in town where Jason always visited " to his house, it's the only place we've not gone to" O'Neil replied. Although he was a little dissapointed that no one was able to recognize him, he still thanked his luck that they didn't, Esther who felt dizzy after walking for a long time under hot sun, decided to go back to the hotel, saying "I'm dizzy, the heat is too much, am going back... If you need me just call" and O'Neil agreed then continued alone.

When he got to Jason's house, O'Neil knocked and Jason's father opened. "good afternoon, sir" O'Neil greeted as is the Nigerian num, and seeing the look of shock on Jason's father's face as recognition dawned on him O'Neil smiled. " O'Neil?" he said with uncertainty. "yes sir" O'Neil affirmed. "but, but we thought you were dead!" Jason's father said, and O'Neil replied " I would have been sir; had I gotten on that plain with my dad." Jason's father invited O'Neil in, offered him a chair Then called down his wife who greeted O'Neil warmly, though O'Neil could sense that there was something off about her. "so what happened?" he asked "we missed the flight" O'Neil lied, he was surprised at himself at how fast he had came up with the lie but he continued to talk as the words came to his head. "something about our travel papers wasn't right, so they didn't let us board the plane and when the issue was resolved we got on the next flight" "and your father?" "he died early this year of a medical condition He suffered" O'Neil lied again then continued "after his death, things became tough all over for me sir, I lived like a rat in the streets for a while and finally I got mixed up with some bad people, I was arrested and deported back to Nigeria." O'Neil threw in that last bit about arrest to make his story authentic and realistic And it worked for after he had finished explaining Jason's father said to him "my boy, I dont know what to say... We know your story, how you suffered here before leaving, to think that you were going there to suffer worse.... you've endured more than what most people experience in a life time, I'm marveled at your strength, you didn't let any of it break you, I commend that." scanning around O'Neil asked the question that was rotating his mind since they had arrived "where is Jason sir?" Jason's mother who had been quiet the whole time bust into tears and buried her face in her husband's shoulders who started to rub down her hair in an effort to comfort her. "what happened, is he dead ?" O'Neil's heart skipped a beat as he asked. "no, but he's in the hospital and we are praying that he doesn't die" Jason's father replied. "what happened" "he was struck by lightning earlier today" "what!" O'Neil exclaimed as he jumped from his sit. that explains why Ade's cafe was deserted, he should have been there he thought to himself. Then he asked Jason's father "how did it that happen?" "there was this freak lightening storm that briefly befell our town and Jason was struck by one of its bolts." seeing the look of dismay on O'Neil's face Jason's father further added "we went to the hospital, and the doctor assured us he would be fine" to calm him down. But for some reason he decided to leave out the part where he was to undergo some kind of exorcism. O'Neil who was concerned about an entirely different thing was thinking to himself.... So It's true, what do I do now..... He asked himself inside, he is my friend and he was like a brother to me, I can't just kill him he thought. And yet I have to do something, anything to flag off the prophecy. What if you break him an inside voice probably the irrational part of him suggested. do something to break his spirit. he continued, something that will leave him dull and drull, something that will make him never consider anything about using or accessing his abilities ever again. But another voice counseled probably his conscience, the good him, patience! it told him. think this through... You can't let the words of a dying spirit control your actions now can you, Jason is your friend, he would never hurt you.... Bah! Shut it! The dark part of him interrupted the good, this is a prophecy, it told him then continued and now you have proof of it's authenticity. We all know that it was not an ordinary lightning storm the boy's father was talking about, he was being claimed, Kill him, or break him your choice.... Any would do, and do it now while you still can. But again his inner good self advised : at least talk to him, see what he has to say......; Kill him or break him......one voice said; Talk to him....... Said the other; Kill him or break him...... Talk to him..... And on and on the voices rang in his head until he couldn't take it anymore and holding his head with both his hands, he screamed AAAAAAGH! Then the voices stopped. And having gathered himself, succumbing to the dark side of him, he remembered how Tempest had told him Jason would be claimed, then in jealousy he thought to himself, what's so special about Jason that he gets everything on a platter: a good life, money, parental care, even the girl. And now the one thing he thought he had over Jason now belongs to him also and to add salt to injury tempest had also said he would kill him according to a prophecy. O'Neil's hatred for Jason grew so exponentially as he thought of this things But still He couldn't condone the thought of killing his friend. What do I do he thought to himself, You can break him, O'Neil's dark side said again and the only way to do that is to destroy that which he cares for the most... Fine but who or what could that be, he was asking himself when Jason's father asked "are you alright? You were spacing out" and O'Neil replied "yeah, yes sir, just a bit worried for Jason that's all, the news took me by surprise" .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
Deciding to sleep over his contemplations for one more night, he turned to Jason's parents and said "it's late now, I will be taking my leave, I will come tomorrow so we can all go check on him at the hospital." "okay my boy, please do. Am sure Jason would be very happy to see you. " said Jason's father. O'Neil nodded, then he strode to the door and twisted the door knob, but as he was about to step out, he heard Jason mother still sobbing, he turned to look at her and he saw how miserable and sad they were that this tragedy had befallen Jason. He realised they really do love him, he had always wished he had the kind of parental love that Jason had. Jason himself unlike most privileged children never took his parents for granted, he loved his parents more than himself even, he never did anything to disappoint them. He always obeyed their instructions to the letter. As he watched them, the answer to the question on his mind came to him : what Jason cherished most wasn't Elera his girlfriend like he had been thinking, it was his Parents! And upon realisation of that fact. The dark part of him that suggested sinister things completely took over him and he snapped, letting go of the door knob, he turned around and blasted Jason's parents with a column of flames.
Jason's mother screamed rolling and trashing around as the fire burned through her skin, Jason's father who was completely immersed in flames also wailed as he walked slowly toward O'Neil, arms stretched but he didn't get far before dropping to his knees yet he still crawled toward O'Neil and then finally he stopped moving, inches from O'Neil's feet. O'Neil watched the fire sear his bald head as it burned into the skin. Thinking to himself it wouldn't look suspicious if the whole house burned down, He stretched his hands towards the curtains and blasted them with flames, he walked upstairs and started setting things on fire. Something dark had taken over him and he had let it. burning with anger as he stared at all the pictures of Jason and Elera in Jason's room, he allowed the heat to flow through his head, making jet streaks of flames come out from his eyes, he shot them, turning everything his gaze fell upon to ash. As the building crumbled down, O'Neil flew out of it through the roof. He looked down and saw the towns people already gathered and trying to put out the fire. "what have you done?" Esther who had just arrived at the scene asked. O'Neil turned to see her floating over him then replied "I've put out the fire... No pun intended" "Not all your problems can by solved with fire!" Esther said and O'Neil replied "actually they can, fire consumes all.... " "you weren't like like this earlier, what has come over you?" "clarity" O'Neil replied then continued "he's not like us, he's never had it rough, in his entire over pampered life... He is the only child of a well to do family. He was practically a king in his own world, a tragedy of this magnitude will break him, he will never be himself after this and in effect will never come after me, prophecy averted, problem solved ...with fire"
As O'Neil finished speaking a loud cry erupted from below, O'Neil looked down to see Jason who had just arrived the scene, cry and wail in anguish... Then all of a sudden Storm clouds gathered in the skies and it started to rain. O'Neil watched as Jason poured sand over his head in grief as he cried aloud in pain.

A fat bolt of lightning struck across the sky. Accompanied buy a deafening peal of thunder. Knowing the storm was not a natural occurrence, O'Neil felt a sense of apprehension. Tempest is rising again he thought. Then he looked down at Jason again and what he saw shook him : he saw Jason looking up at him, directly at him and that wasn't all... Jason's eyes were glowing white but what shook O'Neil the most was the malicious intent that resonated off the stare Jason gave him. Lightening flashed and thunder clapped across the sky mercilessly as they both stared fixatedly at each other. Then Esther said to O'Neil "prophecy averted huh? More like prophecy confirmed... By your actions, you have created that which you feared the most..... Now he will come for you" but amused
by Esther's words O'Neil smiled, breathing in and breathing out, with the flames around him going up and coming down as he did, he replied. "let him come.... like all things before fire... He will burn!"

To be continued in the next chapter. JACOB RETURNS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 4:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
another chapter will be uploaded today
Re: Nephilim by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 08, 2016
rawswag:
nastynic MidasTouche01 jidxin shigo20 Osaze20091 Temmason charlesdock
Samwell247 RichieBrown Tosinex Tuhndhay etc etc
Wash hand!

I'll read tomorrow. Thanks Mr. Author cool
Re: Nephilim by jidxin(m): 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2016
just finished reading. ..but u re taking too long to upload I had to go bk as a flash back so as to understand dz recent episode
Re: Nephilim by shigo20(m): 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2016
jagugu88li:
Wash hand!

I'll read tomorrow. Thanks Mr. Author cool
thanks for the mention......its getting interesting now

1 Like

Re: Nephilim by nastynic(m): 10:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
Grabs chest "ah ah ah" falls down .......................man u are killing me this is too much for a delivery

yours faithful...

Nasty nic
Re: Nephilim by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 09, 2016
That street guy reminds me of one Mr. Bembala who helped me put on a spare wheel one evening. Very dirty guy and had been on the streets for more that 15years. I couldn't believe he knew all that......talked about politics, maths, Switzerland crimes and all. Last saw the man a year ago. No one will believe a man on flames, more especially when naratted by a high guy

This is getting high.....Abeg now, O'Neil and Jason must find a way past this. I cant imagine them killing each other because of this devilish Durza and his Master ah ha. Happy endings, you know

1 Like

Re: Nephilim by Charlesdock(m): 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2016
Good one bro your choice of words create mental pictures like a movie. I won't blame you about your inconsistent in posting because it is not an easy task to think and pen down a good piece like this. I hope one day I will also be able to describe and write piece like this. grin keep it up bro
Re: Nephilim by Temmason(m): 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
Getting. Tired
Re: Nephilim by tommynico(m): 9:45am On Nov 10, 2016
Na wetin dey happen now? undecided
Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 10:44am On Nov 10, 2016
Charlesdock:
Good one bro your choice of words create mental pictures like a movie. I won't blame you about your inconsistent in posting because it is not an easy task to think and pen down a good piece like this. I hope one day I will also be able to describe and write piece like this. grin keep it up bro

my oga, you understand.

1 Like

Re: Nephilim by tommynico(m): 11:44pm On Nov 12, 2016
Abeg, na who sabi the date for the burial ceremony of this thread.... undecided undecided
Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : JACOB RETURNS.

He had been falling into thick blackness for what seems like forever to him. How the hell did he end up here? He had asked himself once. How could he the most powerful Nephilim in the world, had literally walked right into Lucy's trap. and flashing back to that moment he saw how it had happened, as clear as day : they were battling all over the forest, he had the upper hand against her, and he was beating her senseless, then all of a sudden her evasive movements changed, she began to dodge Jacob's attack by withdrawing to a safe distance far away from his reach yet still remaining close enough for her to be seen by Jacob and all the while chanting with her mouth. Her random evasive movements to any direction soon became a pattern but Jacob who was too focused on trying to vanquish her took no notice. It wasn't until it was too late, right after he had walked right into it that his instincts told him to look down, when he did he saw a fully well drawn mystic circle surrounding him. Watching it glow he realized that what he thought was weird random movements was actually a strategic method of drawing a mystic circle. He cursed himself for not noticing it quickly and as he tried to get away from the circle the ground broke open and swallowed him whole, then closed back immediately. Jacob fell in and at first he saw light above him but there was little he could do to get to it, in fact he instead fell away from it, straight down into darkness. And ever since he had been falling.

He didn't know how long he had been falling, he stopped keeping track of time when he got tired. The winds were rushing up to him, like it would Normally do for anyone free falling from a great distance. Any time the velocity at which he fell increased, which usually happens when a person free falling is close to the end of their fall, Jacob's heart would skip a beat in fear. Not the Fear of death, for he knew he could not be killed... He had tried to doit by himself several times and failed. He was afraid of the unknown, what lies at the bottom of where he was falling, but to Jacob's horror, after hours and hours of falling he realized there was no bottom just : darkness below, darkness above and darkness to his sides.... Vast expanse of darkness, loneliness and continuous free falling and that realisation almost drove him mad at one point. To keep his sanity he sort through his memories for comfort but it didn't help for they weren't happy ones. He remembered when he was first claimed; he had turned into a monster and killed everyone one in his jamb exam centre. He tried to kill himself when he learned of what he had done but it didn't work out. His human father was a soldier and he had stolen his father's gun and shot himself in the mouth but to his dissappointment he had spat the bullet out as a monster, that night unable to change back and lacking control he ran off again to brutally murder everyone in the his path. When he saw all the carnage he created the next morning; having turned back to a human, he ran away from home. Since he couldn't secure an admission into a university, He went to join the army, even volunteered to be posted to the most dangerous part of the country where he made several different attempts to kill himself and failed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 10:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
Any time he tried to kill himself weather by poison, drowning, or even getting rammed by a vehicle he would transform into the monster, heal himself during the process and go on a killing spree through out the outskirts of the village where he was stationed. During his shot time in the army Jacob had learned few things about the beast he changes into. He had learned that it was another entity of it's own and it is somehow dependent on Jacob for it's survival that was why it wouldn't let him kill himself, he learned that he becomes invulnerable to anything that pierces or cuts through him... Like the first time he shot himself in the mouth he had almost died but the beast had healed him but ever since then he was invulnerable to bullets. He had also learned that the beast in him was a blood thirsty creature and any time Jacob was in any danger of dying it would come out of his own accord. But the worst thing he learned was that he had no control over it. One night after an intense gun battle between his platoon and a terrorist cell, they defeated the terrorist cell but Jacob himself was gravely injured. They loaded him on their truck and drove him as fast as they can back to town to get him medical Help. Halfway through the forest he woke and a blinding pain shot up his body as he tried to move. A shrapnel of an unknown origin was sticking out of his stomach. But that wasn't what worried him. The beast that he knew would come and heal him was already clawing it's way to the surface .... The soldiers in front heard him grunting loud as he struggled to hold down the beast and one of them turned to comfort him by saying. "Just hang in there brother, we are almost there" "wer-where are you taking me?" Jacob asked... And the soldier driving replied " back to command, to get you medical help" Jacob knowing that he wouldn't be able to hold the beast Down for long, ordered them to stop, he wasn't gonna unleash himself in camp and kill his own brothers. better to let it run wild in the woods than to endanger the life of innocents he thought to himself as he yelled for them to stop the truck, " let me out!" he demanded but they kept driving and when Jacob couldn't hold the beast down any longer he let out a loud cry that changed into a roar as he slowly began to transform. Suddenly the vehicle Jacob was in veered off track and crashed into the woods the other vehicles in front stopped and soldiers came out of them with guns ready in hand, for they had heard the roar and had thought a wild animal had attacked the truck that had crashed into the woods. Spreading out as they closed in on the crashed vehicle, they could see and hear grunting noises from underneath the wreck. One of the soldiers moved closer to the car to examine it but 3 ft away he heard a low lengthy growl coming from under the rubble. Shaking with fear he opened the door of the crashed vehicle and saw that the soldiers in the vehicle were all dead except for Jacob who fell off it to the ground grunting as he fought to keep the beast in by will power. Another one of the soldiers asked "what's wrong with him, shouldn't he be dead too?" "I don't know " the commanding officer answered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2016
" I told you to let me out! I told you to leave me be!" Jacob yelled as he felt the beast claw his way to the surface "now you're all going to die" he told them as he gave into the beast's pressure and started transformation: his fingers started growing longer, his hair longer, his skin began to turn grey in color his teeth changed into fangs and big bonish protrusions started growing out of his body. With the last will power he had over himself he yelled in a thick distorted voice very much different from his own normal voice "go awaaaaaaay! " before succumbing to the control of the beast who gave a loud ROOOOOOAR as he stumped His foot on the ground and made a cloud of dust rise to the air
With ease he killed the nearest man in front of him by reaping him apart. "what the hell is that thing?" one of them asked as they surrounded Jacob and pointed their guns at him. Jacob who was watching everything, trapped in the mind of the beast, tried to warn them to get away but every time he said anything the beast would simply roar in place of words. "Anybody wanna die tonight?" the commanding officer asked and they all replied "no" " good, cos I don't give f*ck about what it is, just shoot the damn thing!". And with that they opened fire on Jacob, who in turn attacked them. And from that moment till it was all over, the only thing Jacob could remember was blood, the ripping sounds of tearing flesh and dying Wails of the soldiers. One of them had even gotten to a bazooka and had fired it at Jacob, but although it created a big fiery explosion upon contact with his body, it was still as useless against Jacob as the guns. Jacob slaughtered the entire platoon of soldiers that night.

When morning came Jacob woke up as his human self, and after he had taken in the sight of destruction and carnage he had made : the littered ripped apart dead bodies of soldiers and his friends.... he left and never returned, after months of solitary living... His celestial father Azazael contacted him for the first time, told him who he was, what he was And the plans he had for him. He taught him how to control the monster within and the rest as people would say is history. A history that has now finally ended with him falling into and endless pit of darkness for eternity He thought to himself as he was drawn back to the present. Slowly Giving in to dispair, he gathered the last ounce of hope he had left in him and reached deep down inside of himself to ask.... "Azazael if you can hear me... Help" but for almost an hour there was no answer, no help of any kind. And when his hope of getting any help faded away. He burst into tears and started crying. He cried very loud and the echo of his voice was carried far into the vast expanse of the darkness. Then all of a sudden he landed on a tiled ground. Shocked at what had just happened he stopped crying and got up, he looked around his surroundings and he immediately recognized where he was.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 10:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
He was back in his father's sitting room, and it was morning but it wasn't just any morning ... It was the day that he ran away from home before he was claimed. Everything was exactly as it was that morning even the Spartacus movie that he had intended to watch that day when he finished his jamb exams was still on the table, exactly as he had left it. The time, and the dates where the exact same. "what is this ?" he asked himself, "how did I get back here?" he asked again. "I brought you hear" a shrouded figure standing by the window looking out of it, answered. Jacob had not noticed him before. And At first he thought it was his father but from the frame of the figure he couldn't be; Jacob's father was easily twice the shrouded figure's size. He was a fat man, while the mysterious figure in front of him had the perfect frame of an athlete Jacob didn't have any idea who he was but still something about him felt weirdly familiar. "who are you?" Jacob asked. The shrouded figure stepped forward to reveal a man wearing an intricately designed black and gold attire, the kind kings wear in medieval times: An unbuttoned overall coat covering a series of other inner clothings. He looked calm, powerful and very handsome. Jacob was thinking that he could have passed for a normal human being if his extremely long white hair didn't glow faintly of an unearthly light and his eyes wasn't all black with a mini red blazing sun for an eyeball when he spoke again "I'm Azazael, your celestial father" he said, in a cool but firm commanding tone, that expressed authority. "Azazael?" Jacob repeated in a mixture of fear, excitement and disbelief. He had never seen him before, all he knew about him was the distorted voice that spoke to him through the image of his mother when he dreamed. "yes, In the flesh" he said " ah... well not flesh exactly, since we are not in the physical world. But yes this is my physical manifestation." he corrected. "not in the physical world? Where are we then" Jacob asked and Azazael replied, we are in your subconscious, i set it up to mirror a cheerful memory of yours to help make you feel comfortable." "my subconscious, that means I'm still falling through that dreadful darkness in reality" Jacob said in despair. "yes you're still in the endless abyss for now." "what do mean by 'for now', are you going to get me out?" "yes, I will there's still much work for you to do" Jacob scoffed then asked "what work, did you miss my epic failure?" "I didn't..." Azazael replied then continued "I watched you fall spectacularly, and I was dissapointed in you. That is why I delayed my coming to your aid, to punish you. If you hadn't called out to me I would have still waited a bit longer." "look at that, father of the year" Jacob jeered "silence!" Azazael rebuked him then said "Impudent flea, how on earth could you let a mere demon outsmart you. I should leave you to ponder your defeat longer, but there's no time, the cosmic energy that I infused in you during your conception, which allows me to be here is fading rapidly. I cannot maintain this plane of existence for long. It was supposed to remain in you as a source of communication till your work his done but I'm going to require all of its power to get you out the abyss. So listen very carefully... Durza the shadow has betrayed to us, he no longer does our bidding. So now the sole responsibility of freeing us from our prison rests on your shoulders." Azazael told him. "wait, why me" an overwhelmed Jacob asked and the fallen angel replied "I've chosen you because, you being the most powerful Nephilim in the world, are the only one capable of carrying out the task at hand. I have also chosen you because you're my son, so when it comes to important task like this, there is no one I trust better to handle it, than my own soul, and as it turns out you do posses a sliver of my soul." "so, what do you want me to do" Jacob asked and Azazael told him about the plan the fallen have and his role in it. With the whole place starting to crumble, and the darkness creeping in after talking for a long time Azazael finally announced, "time is up, it's now or never." "all right am ready, what about Durza should I go after him when I get out?" Jacob asked . "No, you're no match for him. And we don't want him to know that we know that he has betrayed us. The master has something special reserved for him." Azazael replied. "What madness, made Durza turn against the master" Jacob pondered "I do not know, but I dare say it's the Master's fault: he was always too free with him and the weasel mistook that as weakness. How wrong is he... Very soon, he will find out why the master is called the Devil." Azazael was saying when The mirage sitting room suddenly shattered and the darkness flooded everything except for Jacob who returned back to his still falling body. He opened his eyes to see pitch blackness everywhere again, thinking that the time Azazael had, have been exhausted ...he broke into panic again, the thought of spending eternity in a world of darkness wasn't appealing to him atall and by showing him a world of color right when he was getting used to the darkness Azazael made his panic worse so much so that the thought of never seeing the real world again almost drove him to the point of insanity a second time. Falling to despair he started to scream NOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOO! NOOOOO! Then all of a sudden he felt the palm of a hand _ a powerful hand brace him and he relaxed on it. "the power cosmic Is almost exhausted... I hope this is enough" he heard Azazael's voice say as he felt himself fill up with the power cosmic: an Angel's essence, it was a power unlike anything Jacob had ever experienced before. He felt himself being shot like a cannon upwards at a speed so incredible he felt like his body was gonna rip apart.

Swift and ultra fast he moved upwards until he slammed into something that felt like a wall. A thick wall that wasn't going anywhere. But the power cosmic just kept pushing him against it So hard that Jacob for the first time in his life felt his body begin to crush in on its self. IT'S THE BARRIER BETWEEN THE ABYSS AND THE LIVING WORLD, ONE OF THE FIVE MOST DIFFICULT THINGS IN THE UNIVERSE TO BREAKTHROUGH he heard Azazael's voice say to him in his mind as the power cosmic kept bulldozing him through. And soon he started making headway through the barrier but after a while of drilling through the dark wall and barely halfway through Jacob felt the power cosmic fading away .... Running out of options he called to his father again "Azazael, I won't make it through... " and Azazael replied, "you will, here's the rest of what's left of the power cosmic I deposited in you. from here on out you are on your own, go and set us free.... I will see you again in physical world " he said as Jacob felt himself revitalize with the power cosmic again and the drilling continued In full force.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
Back in the living world, O'Neil and Esther stood before the huge pile of rocks were she had buried Ahmed. She had told O'Neil she wanted to say a final goodbye to Ahmed before she left, and for the better part of an hour she had just stood there crying. O'Neil who sat below a Tree some distance away to give her privacy was drinking in the sight of Esther's sexy figure: her round ass perfectly outlined over the tight leggings she wore under a white T-shirt when a tick bit him prompting him to go up to her in frustration from waiting for so long and say "You know no amount of crying would restore him back or Any of them back for That matter. Jacob and Ahmed are gone for good, the best way to honor their memory is to do what they would have wanted you to do... Move on." "you're right" Esther agreed as she nodded to Oniel's words "let's go" she said but as they turned around, they heard the loud CRAAAACK! Of thunder tear through the quiet of the evening and upon hearing that.... Oniel's first thought was that Jason had somehow found out he killed his parents and had tracked him down. But when he looked around for any sign of storm clouds, he found none. What the f*ck is going on he asked himself, when another large thunderclap sounded, and this time after looking around and seeing that no lightning had preceded the thunder clap he asked himself "Why on earth would a thunder sound without lightening " . then suddenly Esther called out to him. And immediately he flew to her direction, fire ball in hand, expecting trouble.when he got to her, he asked "what is it?" and In reply she pointed to the strangest thing O'Neil had ever seen yet : a literal 5 meter crack in the fabric of reality. O'Neil watched in awe as the crack expanded again this time by a few feet and immediately the deafening clap of thunder that made them cover their ears followed.
Then it suddenly opened wide, revealing vast expanse of darkness, making O'Neil and Esther backed away in fear. From inside the dark void a huge mass of blackness jumped out of the open crack and landed in front of them. Esther screamed in fear while O'Neil who was also consumed by fear but didn't scream, From the corner of his eye watched the crack in reality close up and mended as if it had never been there. Then his attention was brought back to the shadow that had jumped out from the crack as it stood up. When the darkness dissipated well enough, it cleared to reveal a stark naked Jacob with black smoke coming of his body body, to the jaw dropping surprise of both O'Neil and Esther. Jacob looked around to take in and appreciate the beauty of light and colour before he turned back to them and said "we have work to do."

NEPHILIM WILL CONTINUE, IN ARC 3: JASON, CHAPTER 18 : DURZA VISITS LOKOJA, KOGI STATE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nephilim by jidxin(m): 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
finally...I was abt to lost hope....shiiit did I just typed dz "LOST"....ashamed...cover face
Re: Nephilim by ReuEl12(m): 11:50pm On Nov 14, 2016
jidxin:
finally...I was abt to lost hope

thank God you didn't o
Re: Nephilim by tommynico(m): 12:28am On Nov 15, 2016
There is still hope for the dead afterall... cool
Re: Nephilim by felsunseg(m): 3:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
lovely one bro, u creativity is just too much.
Re: Nephilim by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 15, 2016
ReuEl12, continue drawing inspiration from wherever you draw it from. Infact, lets keep it in a well secured museum and you'll obviously have full access to it.

My eyes are watery from focusing on the screen.

That Durza is enviously a handful but, they'll take him out of course. I'm worried about Jason and O'Neil's situation.

Midastouche01 Temmason shigo20 nastynic tuhnday olumose001 creeza, call the others

1 Like

Re: Nephilim by shigo20(m): 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2016
jagugu88li:
ReuEl12, continue drawing inspiration from wherever you draw it from. Infact, lets keep it in a well secured museum and you'll obviously have full access to it.

That Durza is enviously a handful but, they'll take him out of course. I'm worried about Jason and O'Neil's situation.

Midastouche01 Temmason shigo20 nastynic tuhnday olumose001 creeza, call the others
yeah MR ReuEl12 we deserve an update coz its been over a week now and ur suspense is really...........
Re: Nephilim by Tuhndhay(m): 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
jagugu88li:

Baba... I like this dude story, the thing strong gannnn but sha imagine me still expecting update at this time... Make i check back next 2 weeks... Good Job@ ReuEl12

1 Like

Re: Nephilim by RichieBrown(m): 12:22am On Nov 16, 2016
yummy update o.......
Re: Nephilim by Smooth278(m): 4:14am On Nov 16, 2016
Nice one... More ink to your pen
Re: Nephilim by MidasTouche01(m): 8:24am On Nov 16, 2016
Tuhndhay:
Baba... I like this dude story, the thing strong gannnn but sha imagine me still expecting update at this time... Make i check back next 2 weeks... Good Job@ ReuEl12

Agreed, the story is reallly awesome, but the pace at which he updates is somehow, and I I bored quickly, I stopped reading the story weeks ago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Baba Olowo d Long Prick (a comedy Story For All My Niggars) / Wole Soyinka: Things You Never Knew About Him / Rhoda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.