Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED (6497 Views)

12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG / Ekiti Assembly Passes N93bn Budget, Adjourns Till Feb.20 / Cash Crunch Hits Ministries, Agencies As Revenue Nosedives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Adebayor1(m): 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2016
he Association of Nigeria Electricity Distributors (ANED), on Saturday said it would not disconnect power supply to Government Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) over the N93 billion outstanding debts.

The Executive Director, Research and Advocacy of ANED, Mr Sunday Oduntan, disclosed this in in a telephone interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos .

He spoke against speculations that Distribution Companies (DISCOs) may disconnect MDAs for failure to settles their indebtedness to the distribution companies.

According to Oduntan, DISCOs are more interested in negotiating and making sure the issues are resolved amicably.

He said that the Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Mr Raji Fashola, had promised DISCOs that government was making arrangement for the payment.

The director said that DISCOs believed that the Fashola would always fulfill his promise, adding that the negotiation with the government representatives would be positive.

“We are aware of the present challenges faced the present administration in economic sector and its efforts in ensuring regular electricity supply to all and sundry.

“Disconnection of all MDAs will only add to these challenges, so we are engaging the Federal Government in a negotiation at present and we believed that this will resolve the financial crisis in the sector,” he said.

He urged electricity consumers nationwide to ensure prompt payment of the electricity bills.

NAN reports that on May 21, ANED announced that all historic debtors, including residential, commercial, industrial and government establishments across the three tiers of government would be disconnected due to unpaid electricity bills.

ANED said that government establishments, including the military and security agencies alone, owed the DISCOs over N93 billion.

Fashola, had at a town hall forum organised by the Kukah Centre, on June 16, promised to pay the N78.7 billion electricity debts owed distribution companies by MDAs before the end of the year. (NAN)

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/06/federal-ministries-agencies-owe-n93bn-electricity-bills-aned/
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by amuokuko: 2:36am On Aug 07, 2016
Instead of going after Govt debts to break even nd make profit nah to dey plan how to add to our suffering by increase bill...

End Time Association..

5 Likes

Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Tallesty1(m): 8:40am On Aug 07, 2016
And the unfortunate bastards will cut your wires here if you're a week overdue.

10 Likes

Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Dongreat(m): 8:40am On Aug 07, 2016
Is it only me or is it that this country is cursed? Nothing seems to be working well. Everyday is one bad news or the other. The government always claim to budget a specific amount for a project and the project is never executed. Instead of vibrant youths to ask regardless of who embezzled the money, they prefer to fight one another, forming a stupid NCAN and play dumb. I thought years of poverty and frustrating should have strengthened our rage and provoke us into actions but NO, we enjoy suffering and smiling.

Let em thieves forfeit their salaries and pay up, or use the budgeted money to pay.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Shabib(m): 8:40am On Aug 07, 2016
Hmmnm

God bless Nigeria
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Dottore: 8:42am On Aug 07, 2016
Their bad debt is affecting the efective operations of power generation, transmission and distribution yet the common man that pays his bill promptly suffers the most.
The funny thing is that every MDA has a quarterly AIE- Authority to Incur Expenditure. (a form of allocation) and electricity and water bills have statutory headings and subheadings on every AIE hence they are effectively captured but the Vote Conteollers/Director's of MDAs easily divert the money for personal gains, seeing it it as part of National Cake.
GOD HELP US

3 Likes

Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by ChappyChase: 8:43am On Aug 07, 2016
We all know sey them no dey pay their bills!!!!! Even Nigeria military!!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Femich18(m): 8:43am On Aug 07, 2016
Ehen ehen...Xo MDAs is owing that much and they can't collect their money but will be harassing mere households owing 4k...mehn next time I see any PHCN official harassing any street nah flogging go sure pass
....Anyway I cant even remember the last time I saw a NEPA bill...its over 8months. They dare not bring their bills

1 Like

Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Summer7: 8:44am On Aug 07, 2016
So much to owe for a continuous blackout.
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by MadCow1: 8:45am On Aug 07, 2016
And Nigerian electric companies owe Gas Companies in excess of 1 Trillion Naira..

The same Nigerian Government parastatals were the most indebted to NITEL before it collapsed.

#ViciousCycle..

1 Like

Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by veekid(m): 8:45am On Aug 07, 2016
shocked

And then never pay workers o
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by kolaish(m): 8:46am On Aug 07, 2016
Dottore:
Their bad debt is affecting the efective operations of power generation, transmission and distribution yet the common man that pays his bill promptly suffers the most. On funny thing is that every MDA has a quarterly AIE- Authority to incur expenditue
Go and make your findings, the amount government allocated/give to those MDAs for paying electricity bill is not up to one third of the bills given to them by DISCOs
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by yakbauer: 8:47am On Aug 07, 2016
amuokuko:
Instead of going after Govt debts to break even nd make profit nah to dey plan how to add to our suffering by increase bill...
I couldn't have criticised this better, u just spoke my mind
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by sommy03(m): 8:47am On Aug 07, 2016
[b][/b]I'm disappointed...I'm disappointed...I'm disappointed...
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by jerryfisher(m): 8:50am On Aug 07, 2016
Dongreat:
G
no b only G,na yam!!lolz,,yeye space booker like you.......

1 Like

Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Dongreat(m): 8:52am On Aug 07, 2016
jerryfisher:
no b only G,na yam!!lolz,,yeye space booker like you.......

Happy Sunday man. Have a lovely day and blessed week. God love us. Amen
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Lanretoye(m): 8:56am On Aug 07, 2016
una go come carry ladder on top my pole over 5k debt wey i no use up to N300...ogun wey go punish una na still dey load.
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by jerryfisher(m): 8:59am On Aug 07, 2016
Dongreat:

Happy Sunday man. Have a lovely day and blessed week. God love us. Amen
haPpy sunday to u n ur family,,may God bless us all dis new week....
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by centboy123456(m): 9:01am On Aug 07, 2016
The country call nigeria is a sacm by it self #No more one nigra
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by happney65: 9:02am On Aug 07, 2016
veekid:
shocked

And then never pay workers o

I know you would be here..Pele Akanji.. grin
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 07, 2016
Govt of crooks, by thieves, for fools!
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by lukaino(m): 9:30am On Aug 07, 2016
Then cut them off like the Nigerian consulate in New York was cut off.
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Flyingngel(m): 9:41am On Aug 07, 2016
Now that, this is government owing they will not cut it but if poor nigerian they will not allow two weeks to pass, u will see them with long ladder intimidating them.
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by WestAfricanGoon: 10:15am On Aug 07, 2016
So the government is owing nepa too.. This is serious... And ironic...
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by SafeAlhaji(m): 10:59am On Aug 07, 2016
amuokuko:

End Time Association..
Bro, no vex abeg cheesy
amuokuko:

End Time Association..
Bro, no vex abeg
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by SafeAlhaji(m): 11:00am On Aug 07, 2016
sommy03:
[b][/b]I'm disappointed...I'm disappointed...I'm disappointed...
Sorry jae
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 07, 2016
MadCow1:
And Nigerian electric companies owe Gas Companies in excess of 1 Trillion Naira..

The same Nigerian Government parastatals were the most indebted to NITEL before it collapsed.

#ViciousCycle..

"Fantastically corrupt"...naija is a joke as it is
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by SafeAlhaji(m): 11:03am On Aug 07, 2016
centboy123456:
The country call nigeria is a sacm by it self #No more one nigra
Guy withlow dey your fingers ni??
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by fanyogoforever(f): 11:09am On Aug 07, 2016
The disco's are cowards. You go around disconnecting people's light's charging exorbitant fees and you find it difficult to collect your money from government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by centboy123456(m): 11:15am On Aug 07, 2016
SafeAlhaji:
Guy withlow dey your fingers ni??

Na ur fingers withlow day foolish nigeria foolish people God I hate nigeria and I don't know why God put me here and that is why I must fight to get out of nigeria free biafra
Re: Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED by Johnbosco77(m): 11:25am On Aug 07, 2016
we d ordinary citizens pay bills, they use d light yet they owe bills dats how it woks here in naija.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale / Heavily Armed Police And Soldiers Overpowered By Nnamdi Kanu And His Followers / Rare photo of Governor Ambode’s children paying courtesy to President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.