Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Cross Country: A Scam!!! Beware - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cross Country: A Scam!!! Beware (2012 Views)

My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport / My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! / Cross Country Bus:what A Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross Country: A Scam!!! Beware by guntranno(f): 9:59am On Aug 07, 2016
Good morning Nlanders,

It's with lot of anger and disappointment that I put this up this morning.

With the pathetic economic situation of this country, it's a fact that the most affordable means of transportation is by land and the most preferred is ROAD.

This leads to my present encounter with this so-called transport company- Cross Country (AKA Scam Company).

There's a project to complete at Bauchi. I was at the Jibowu office of Cross Country to make enquiries if they ply Bauchi direct from Lagos which the man I met at their reception affirmed to. Fare was supposed to be #8000 which I told him that I'll be coming this morning to book for a seat.

This morning at 6:04am, I got to the park and paid for a seat on the bus. After a while, I demanded to see the bus so that I can put my luggages in it but was told the bus is at Yaba.

After waiting for the 'virtual' bus for like 2 hrs, I became worried because going to Bauchi from Lagos is about 15hrs drive and I could not afford to sleep at the park over there.

I asked the guy at the reception to please refund my money that I can't travel to Bauchi again coz of the timing but he refuses to oblige. I even gave him the option of putting me on a bus to Abuja and to pay me my balance, yet, he still turned a deaf hear saying he cannot gimme any money.

After another 2hrs, precisely at 9:35am, the virtual bus finally came but I just told them to gimme my balance that there's no way I can go to Bauchi today as it's gonna be do late before arriving the state (decided to have a stopover at Abuja). With the intervention of some elderly women and a military officer, the ruthless receptionist finally gave in to refund me of #3000.

Please, my fellow nairalanders, these guys at Cross Country, Jibowu park, are really frustrating!

Beware of these Scammers!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cross Country: A Scam!!! Beware by tomquest: 10:20am On Aug 07, 2016
guntranno:

Sorry for your experience. Assuming the vehicle leaves at 7am, it would arrive at 11 pm, assuming you guys have an hour's break. But if it leaves at 10 am, you'd arrive at 2 am. Did you expect to get to Bauchi same day?

2 Likes

Re: Cross Country: A Scam!!! Beware by Adeoba10(m): 10:44am On Aug 07, 2016
Bcus of normal or litu argument, you are calling dem a scammer..... Bro no let devil pour sand for ur ofada rice oooo... No spoil market for dem na.
Re: Cross Country: A Scam!!! Beware by guntranno(f): 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
tomquest:

Sorry for your experience. Assuming the vehicle leaves at 7am, it would arrive at 11 pm, assuming you guys have an hour's break. But if it leaves at 10 am, you'd arrive at 2 am. Did you expect to get to Bauchi same day?

I'm talking about Bauchi, not Gombe nor Taraba neither is it Yola
Re: Cross Country: A Scam!!! Beware by tomquest: 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
guntranno:

I'm talking about Bauchi, not Gombe nor Taraba neither is it Yola

Yes I know it's Bauchi, you said 15 hours trip na. From 7am to 11pm (or from 10am to 2am) is 15 hours plus 1 hour break.

I have a reason for my question.

1 Like

Re: Cross Country: A Scam!!! Beware by idu1(m): 1:39am On Aug 24, 2016
There is no scam here.

You are just one these women with over bloated ego and impatience!

Why no go carry flight....

undecided
Re: Cross Country: A Scam!!! Beware by Lexusgs430: 3:58am On Aug 24, 2016
It was probably a business decision, how would they put a bus on the road with very few passengers?
Cross Country jet available, 45/60 minutes to Abuja, then take a taxi.
You are guaranteed to arrive Bauchi on the same day.....
Re: Cross Country: A Scam!!! Beware by 1stNumeroUno: 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
Op, did you make enquiry about departure time before payment? Though that won't give you 100% argument with them but it's somewhere to start from.
Secondly, most Nigerian businesses usually start on good note but they start dropping balls as they gain market attention. I once boarded same CC to Kano in early 2009 & it was an owesome experience.

(1) (Reply)

Any One Been To Thailand And Philippines On A Tourist Visa?share Your Xperience / Newcastle Universities Students / Terrifying Photos, Video Shows U.S. Jet Engine Falling Apart In The Air.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.