Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:58 PM

Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K (1737 Views)

In Need Of New Ps4 Pro/xbox One S / Microsoft Announce The Xbox One S With 4K Support / The Upcoming PS4 Games For 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by michellhilton(m): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
Sony and Microsoft are both trying to push console gaming into 4K, and the latest revision of the Xbox is doing that the right way for the current television market.

Earlier this week, Microsoft released the Xbox One S. This is a slimmer Xbox One that can upscale game content to 4K and can play 4K video like Ultra HD Blu-ray films. It starts at $300 for a 500GB model — although the $400 2TB version is the only one on store shelves right now. I’ve already reviewed it, and I think it’s the go-to Xbox One model for anyone looking to get a next-gen system. But, more than that, the Xbox One S is a savvy move from Microsoft to help settle a 4K TV business that is still a realm primarily for early adopters.

4K is a new video standard that comprises four-times the number of pixels of 1080p, which is sometimes called “full HD.” Between now and next holiday, Sony and Microsoft will have three different “4K” consoles. The Xbox One S is out now, and Sony is planning to launch the PlayStation 4 Neo sometime in the near future. At the Electronic Entertainment Expo trade show in June, Microsoft also revealed that it will launch the Xbox One Scorpio in 2017. The Neo and the Scorpio will both feature major horsepower improvements aimed at delivering improved visuals rendered at a 4K resolution. But while Sony may jump straight to the upgrade with Neo, Microsoft may benefit from launching the Xbox One S first.

http://www.michellhilton.com/2016/08/xbox-one-s-e-o-console-certo-para-o-mercado-4k.html

Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by hakinze00(m): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
I tink u guys are mixing things up,xbox one S doesn't support 4k gaming it only supports playing video output of 4k resolution. it is xbox one scorpio nd ps4 neo dats support 4k gaming

1 Like

Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2016
I tire oh, help me explain give them.

1 Like

Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by gambus007(m): 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2016
hakinze00:
I tink u guys are mixing things up,xbox one S doesn't support 4k gaming it only supports playing video output of 4k resolution. it is xbox one scorpio nd ps4 neo dats support 4k gaming
No clear evidence from both company if dia console will support 4k games. ps3 nd xbox360 games are not fullhd then current generation came onboard with fullhd..ps4 neo or xbox scorpio will not support 4k games but 4k videos.Question is will developer produce 4k games nd fullhd games for the same generation of console?Both companies are not serious.
Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by hakinze00(m): 8:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
gambus007:

No clear evidence from both company if dia console will support 4k games. ps3 nd xbox360 games are not fullhd then current generation came onboard with fullhd..ps4 neo or xbox scorpio will not support 4k games but 4k videos.Question is will developer produce 4k games nd fullhd games for the same generation of console?Both companies are not serious.
wait are u 4 real? So u dnt knw dere are 4k games already for pc nd it can also be tune to normal 1080p resolution just lyk gta v on pc so it is very possible nd developers dnt compulsorily ve to make d games separately dats y it is called technology it can easily be manipulated

1 Like

Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by gambus007(m): 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
hakinze00:
wait are u 4 real? So u dnt knw dere are 4k games already for pc nd it can also be tune to normal 1080p resolution just lyk gta v on pc so it is very possible nd developers dnt compulsorily ve to make d games separately dats y it is called technology it can easily be manipulated
tell me one 4k game on ps4 or xbox 1?name one pc game dat runs on 4k ..just one?easy to manipulate ?you need to read more about 4k stuffs
Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by hakinze00(m): 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
gambus007:

tell me one 4k game on ps4 or xbox 1?name one pc game dat runs on 4k ..just one?easy to manipulate ?you need to read more about 4k stuffs
none for ps4/xbox one dats y I said it is still upcoming nd I just mentioned one game in 4k on pc wich is gta v another one is witcher 3 nd so on or u dnt knw dere are gaming pc dat runs 4k games already? Or just read more here
www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/4k-games-you-need-to-play

1 Like

Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by AKBliv010(m): 10:58am On Aug 08, 2016
gambus007:

The first 4K gaming graphic cards for PC came out late 2012 but there weren't any 4K monitors then. Soon after most AAA titles supported that resolution. PC gaming is another league, don't underestimate it o. You just need to search for 4K PC gaming on YouTube to find out for yourself.
IMO, the PS4 Neo/XBox one Scorpio won't manage 4K are reasonable framerates. It will be upscaled, not drive 4K natively. Currently one needs the likes of a GTX980ti or R9 Fury X to drive 4K gaming on PC, these are $500 graphic cards. To make consoles affordable, they can't strap such power in a console. Plus there's heat dissipation to worry about...the console will melt lol. If they manage to drive 4K natively, image quality will suffer seriously.

1 Like

Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by Stancity(m): 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
AKBliv010:

The first 4K gaming graphic cards for PC came out late 2012 but there weren't any 4K monitors then. Soon after most AAA titles supported that resolution. PC gaming is another league, don't underestimate it o. You just need to search for 4K PC gaming on YouTube to find out for yourself.
IMO, the PS4 Neo/XBox one Scorpio won't manage 4K are reasonable framerates. It will be upscaled, not drive 4K natively. Currently one needs the likes of a GTX980ti or R9 Fury X to drive 4K gaming on PC, these are $500 graphic cards. To make consoles affordable, they can't strap such power in a console. Plus there's heat dissipation to worry about...the console will melt lol. If they manage to drive 4K natively, image quality will suffer seriously.
The currect thing is that pc board will fry grin grin

Between Pc and Console, which device emit more heat
Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by mikkyokilo: 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2016
I have a Playstation 3 Super slim 12GB, one pad, HDMI cable, power cable and one CD fifa13 with Sony Playstation Portable with 8GB memory card and games such as GTA, God of war, Pes15 etc with both charger and pouch. I'm selling them combined for 40,000, I'm also opened to swap with any good android phone like S4 plus cash. Reach me on 08177634209. Thanks
Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by AKBliv010(m): 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
Stancity:
The currect thing is that pc board will fry grin grin

Between Pc and Console, which device emit more heat
It difficult to say which does because there so many different PC configurations. Form low-end to enthusiast builds.
My graphic cards core temperature can reach 93 degrees Celsius on air, that's almost the boiling point of water lol. With two of them in my case, I can heat up my room in 30-45mins.
Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by Stancity(m): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
AKBliv010:

It difficult to say which does because there so many different PC configurations. Form low-end to enthusiast builds.
My graphic cards core temperature can reach 93 degrees Celsius on air, that's almost the boiling point of water lol. With two of them in my case, I can heat up my room in 30-45mins.
So a pc can actually survive that kind of temperature Knowing this for the first time.. sad sad
Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by RX480(m): 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
Stancity:
So a pc can actually survive that kind of temperature Knowing this for the first time.. sad sad

graphics cards can tolerate up to 100° take GTX 480 for example
Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by Stancity(m): 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
RX480:

Now i know..... cool cool
Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by RX480(m): 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
gambus007:

almost every modern PC game supports 4K textures, SKYRIM has 4K support, you need to read more about PC gaming and 2160p/4K
Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by RX480(m): 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
Stancity:

Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by RX480(m): 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
Stancity:

relevant.

Re: Xbox One S Is The Right Console For 2016’s Messy 4K by AKBliv010(m): 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
RX480:

HAHAHA! I forgot about the GTX 480...known! power on = volcanic eruption! grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Adventure Games On Pc / Introducing »» All New FIFA 14(available On September 24) / Anyone From Kaduna To Swap PS3 Downloaded Games With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.