Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers (8878 Views)

National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi / Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices / Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by ibibiofirstlady(f): 9:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
The Senate Minority Leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio has denied being the sponsor of the militant group, the Niger Delta Avengers or any other militant group for that matter.

A recent online publication had alleged that a splinter group, the Reformed Niger Delta Avengers had claimed Senator Akpabio and other eminent Nigerians were the sponsors of the group.

But a release signed by the Special Assistant on Media to the Senate Minority Leader, Mr Anietie Ekong described the publication as “baseless, reckless and senseless. It is a fabrication from the pit of hell from those who are profiteering from the crisis in the Niger Delta and would wish no end to it.”

According to the press statement, “for the avoidance of doubt, we wish to state categorically that Senator Akpabio has no link with the Niger Delta Avengers or any other militant group for that matter.

“Contrarily, the position of Senator Akpabio as a foremost advocate of dialogue in resolving the Niger Delta crisis is well known. He is of the strong belief that blowing up pipelines and causing further environmental pollution of the Niger Delta is not in the interest of the region as it would take over 100 years to remediate the effects of such environmental degradation.

“Neither does he believe that economic sabotage at a time of economic recession that the nation is presently passing through can be an answer to the Niger Delta problem.

“His abhorrence of violence in conflict resolution is legendary. Therefore it beats our imagination why anybody in a right frame of mind would contemplate associating his name with militancy and degradation of a region he had laboured so much to build while serving as Governor of Akwa Ibom State between 2007 and 2015.

"Coming from Sahara Reporters, we take it as one in a series of falsehood they have fabricated against Senator Akpabio. We recall the national uproar which followed a similar concoction on December 10, 2015 when Sahara Reporters “authoritatively confirmed” that Senator Akpabio had been sacked from the Senate by an Appeal Court which had not even delivered its judgment at the time of the publication. It turned out to be a hoax when the election of Senator Akpabio was later upheld by the Appeal Court," the statement said.

It cautioned that politicizing the Niger Delta crisis through propaganda will amount to an ill wind that will blow nobody any good.

“Rather what the nation needs is concerted efforts by stakeholders to holistically through dialogue address the grievances of the region which luckily President Muhammadu Buhari has already started,” it concluded.

DIRECT SOURCE

https://www.today.ng/news/top-news/164141/senator-akpabio-denies-link-niger-delta-avengers

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by HungerBAD: 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2016
Those accusing Akpabio might be on to something.

But the Observers are observing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by haywire1: 9:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
Its normal for him to deny at first but EFCC,DSS know how to electrify his genital to make him speak out like a parrot grin grin grin grin

#

12 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by ibibiofirstlady(f): 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2016
They should leave Akpabio out of Ijaw wahala

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by ibibiofirstlady(f): 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
haywire1:
Which one be DIRECT SOURCE? ? undecided
#
I mean direct from that source.
Seun lalasticlala Tonyebarcanista mynd44
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by DrRasheed: 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
hahhahah...Funny We knew they must be sponsored. Dasuki sponsored Book haram, GEJ sponsors NA. God will catch them.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
As much as I condemn NDA and want their sponsors unmasked, I still thinkwe have to be very careful.

Personally, I don't take the expo from both RNDA and NDA serious, I believe that DSS and the army should not relent in unmasking the culprit (s) behind them.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by haywire1: 9:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
As much as I condemn NDA and want their sponsors unmasked I still thinkwe have to be very careful.

Personally, I don't take the expo from both RNDA and NDA serious, I believe that DSS and the army should not relent in unmasking the culprit (s) behind them.

At the bold, are you sure?? grin grin grin grin

#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Wadeoye(m): 9:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
Yeye... Everybody is denying involvement.

I know SSS, they will do their job and nobody should shout (witch-hunting) when the grilling starts.

I am very confident that some of the names mentioned are the people behind NDA.

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
haywire1:

At the bold, are you sure?? grin grin grin grin

#
MY position on militancy has never changd
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
HungerBAD:
Those accusing Akpabio might be on to something.

But the Observers are observing.
Like what exactly?

@haywire1 wetin concern EFCC and Avengers?
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by dafuturis(m): 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
oh! No one was expecting you to admit having links with them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
haywire1:
Its normal for him to deny at first but EFCC,DSS know how to electrify his genital to make him speak out like a parrot grin grin grin grin

#
Ok that dat
Are u dj haywire
If u are my phone was stolen and i lost ur contacts
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by dockokwus: 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
Funny.Was anyone expecting any of those accused to say, "I am sorry Nigerians,i sponsored NDA,forgive me, I wud stop sponsoring them".
That NDA has big time sponsors is not in doubt.Its only in Nigeria that 1+2+3 that should equal 6;is subjected to analysis to know if it shud instead be 3+2+1;and if so then the answer cannot still be 6.
Meanwhile why are all of them attacking SR?They only reported a press release by a NDA splinter group,why now make it look as if they were the ones that originally authored the accusations.

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by gebest: 11:25pm On Aug 07, 2016
Are we expecting him to accept before. MtSheew
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Oildichotomy(m): 12:43am On Aug 08, 2016
The sponsors can be anybody from APC to PDP.

But truth be told, Many well-meaning Niger Deltans give moral support to the Avengers cause, not because of anything else but because it seems fair and just. And I don't blame them for it.

The focus on oil and not the people should just stop already and if it is NDA foolish endeavour will make that happen.

So be it, I am not one bit perturbed

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Atmmachine(m): 8:27am On Aug 08, 2016
General Cassandra's government is only good in one thing. Accusing innocent people

Just last week, i was accused of being the Boko Harm leader
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by seXytOhbAd(m): 8:27am On Aug 08, 2016
Let's wait and see then
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by fingard02k(m): 8:27am On Aug 08, 2016
watching
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by MrExpensive: 8:28am On Aug 08, 2016
B4 nko
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by iykedare(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2016
Wadeoye:
Yeye... Everybody is denying involvement.
I know SSS, they will do their job and nobody should shout (witch-hunting) when the grilling starts.
I am very confident that some of the names mentioned are the people behind NDA.

When will they " grill" your mentor ?
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by oluwasegun007(m): 8:31am On Aug 08, 2016
Nigeria politicians never Accept to anything....

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by focus7: 8:32am On Aug 08, 2016
no one should expect any of the name mentioned to not deny his involvement with the the militants, the government should go ahead and begin investigation on them because records has shown that you can't take any news from Sahara reporters for granted.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Pavore9: 8:33am On Aug 08, 2016
We are observing.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by ALAYORMII: 8:34am On Aug 08, 2016
Meshi onu

You're a bloody terrorist

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Nellybank(m): 8:34am On Aug 08, 2016
Chai... Oga LIEnus
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by martineverest(m): 8:38am On Aug 08, 2016
will u accept it b4?.....biggest thief in niger delta

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by 5starmilitant: 8:41am On Aug 08, 2016
Why would someone who's currently in office wanna do a thing like that? Fools too much for this place jare.
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by DankemzI(m): 8:42am On Aug 08, 2016
In as Much as I don't really like Akpabio's Ideologies.
He should not be framed by the federal government

We all know RNDA is a Splinter group Created by the Federal government to intimidate the NDA

Akpabio is as clean as White Kerchief when it comes to Militancy, He steals the masses money only!
Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Like what exactly?

@haywire1 wetin concern EFCC and Avengers?
like akpabio saying south west is the only peaceful region only for millitants to start killing the following week.

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Ijaya123: 8:51am On Aug 08, 2016
Why attack Sahara Reporters? They only published the list released by the RNDA.

Though I'm not convince by your denial. The same man that said SW is the most peaceful section in Nigeria and we all know what happened afterwards...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi: Celebrating A Soldier Of Peace At 56 - Yinka Oyebode / Yuguda: Governors, Not Buhari To Blame For Nigeria’s Challenges / Abdullahi Adamu Reacts To Impeachment Threat Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.