Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. (2781 Views)

Usd For sale @250 Can Be Sent Anywhere / Glo Customer Care - What Do You Think? / Comapny Seeks Adire Materials To Be Sent To China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by crystalceo: 11:52am On Sep 23, 2009
The commercial runs on end on the radio of how Nokia Care Centers is coming as a breath of fresh air as against the risk of using quacks, but at least there are still some very competent ones out there that can fix a small problem like a phone not powering on. Alas that conclusion came a little too late as it took the power of advertising to make up my mind against my better judgement to send my phone to the so called Care Center at Ikeja.

I was first made to believe that there wasn't any charge to having the phone fixed since it was still within the warranty period, so confidently the phone was given to them and we were told to check back after 10 working days, but after 7 weeks and 3 days the phone hasn't been returned. The excuses are endless its either due to the server being down to the courier not arriving yet to confirming to Pay N8000 after we were told that the repairs would be carried out free, or is it the fact that they are renovating.

To make matters worse there is no courteous response from any of the staff, from the Nigerians and expatriates there alike so what care are they providing. This is a call to Nigerians to as much as possible boycott this sham in the guise of a reputable brand like Nokia deceiving us and possibly the appropriate bodies should look into this. You only need to get there to see the many unsatisfied customers that besiege the place daily.

Please beware!!!!
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by candylips(m): 12:21pm On Sep 23, 2009
Nigerian factor has crept in
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by pappy2000: 5:10am On Sep 26, 2009
I agree with u,but the waiting time is 7 working days not 10.I think the lady that is on the left is very abusive
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by okeey(m): 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2009
my guy,i agree with u
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by DisGuy: 4:54pm On Sep 28, 2009
after 10 working days, but after 7 weeks and 3 days the phone hasn't been returned.
shocked shocked

if I were in your shoes I'll go there with a big bottle filled with Petrol and oil (80: 20) and a lighter wink

if customers don't react they wont change
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by slimes(m): 5:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
It is because they are in Nigeria where anything goes. I know they will not try this rubbish even in Ghana. Wake up Nigeria from your long slumber!!
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by delvinmaya(m): 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2009
yawns hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa

wide awake,who do i take down first?
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by nethacker(m): 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
Is d idiot a Nigerian(I mean d lady on the left) angry . let's treat their fkup sharp sharp
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by Emperoh(m): 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2009
My E51 caught virus.
I went to Nokia centre Amodu Ojikutu. . .and after waiting for what looked like ages, i was attended to.
The lady with a fit of arrogance said to me. . . . . "u have to leave your phone with us and deposit 10,600.00 and come back in 7 working days"
And i was like, " Warranty nko? The phone is just 6 weeks old". And she said " this is German warranty".
Me: Pls can i have my phone back.

I fixed the issue with 1,500 at Slot.!!
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by ZUBBYNWA(m): 7:10pm On Sep 28, 2009
Gini na-eme, Gini na-eme dOO.OO
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by MUZBO(m): 7:50pm On Sep 28, 2009
Yeeeeeeee!! I was thinking of boycotting Sonyericsson for SONY defaming Naija's image. Can't consider 'china phones' since the Chinese are still mal-treating Nigerians and now NOKIA! And I don't like Samsung o, well I go manage them as I be Chelsea fan.
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by jimuchy: 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2009
Don't mind them I went there after initial deposit non refundable of 600naira I asked them to give me an estimate on what final cost would be they're telling me minimum I'll pay is 15k and it is not guaranteed to work ole my brothers if your phone has problem or virus use your laptop and download nokia software updater it will back up your phone completely and then re-instal everything. Do it yourself
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by oge4real(f): 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2009
Naija sef! Even if Obama and the white house relocates to Nigeria, they will end up behaving just like Nigerians-rude and inefficient. lipsrsealed
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by isiegonwa: 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2009
shine we are in 9ja,warranty no dey,check in the next 20 yrs
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by valpraiso: 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Why do things dont work in Naija? Nokia care center or what do they call themself. I got similar treatment from Octagon Building V.I ---dat is ---HP office in Nigeria. If only we a=have a functional regulatory body. We should send em all packing.
Honestly, i suggest people should start using simple phone --we've got Nokia phones of just 4k--- which makes a lot of sense. It safes ur hard earned cash. Imagine someone using a phone worth 90k but has just 300naira credit on it & he or she goes on Danfo. Trust my naija people sha dem too dey show some fake class with phones. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by peaceland(m): 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2009
Hello Poster,
sorry about this.
i guess we got involved with them at the same time based on your current time line.
please call this number - 0806-887-7884.
its for one of their oga's (cant recall his name now-foreign) and he wonderfully helped me out for mine, call him, tell him your work number and the issue with your phone. be courteous please, let your english be clear and simple and i am sure you would get it within 24 hours. thats my own testimony.
alternatively, on your work sheet/receipt; you have an email, send a mail to them.
let me know the result and good luck
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by solakotan(m): 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2009
My People i just could not shy away from this topic, 
I was also a victim at the Ikeja Centre some months ago - I use a Nokia e71, the phone fell from my table in the office and stopped working – because i was sure of the source, which was purchase from a licensed Nokia Retail Centre (PTV) - I took my phone to NOKIA Centre, Ikeja to check set since it was less then 6months old. Just to be told the warranty is for US Region not Nigeria, 

The front desk customer service was ZERO, so I request to speak with a superior officer or manager, upon seeing the Egyptian Manager he said the handset screen was bad and needs to be changed at a cost of N10,000 Naira which i had to pay in advance – and was told to call in after 7days. Guys 2weeks-1month down the line the phone was still not fix – hard all types of jist from dem – its normally with E71 – i should go and buy another one,  kai
When I showed them my true color i was given my handset and money back, and a little guy within the computer village fixed the set within a day,
And i just asked myself if a Nokia Specialize from Egypt with all the Nokia training could tell me to my face that the handset is DEAD,  and a small technician wey never commot for Lagos talkless of training aboard can fix the handset within a day at a cost of 4,500,  People i can’t SHOUT,  lipsrsealed shocked Na EyE Opener for me oooooo,
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by Habeebullahi(m): 5:05am On Sep 29, 2009
I think the story is different with me.my phone was infected with virus and i took it there.the lady at the desk told me i wasn't going to pay and should come back after seven days which i did and collected my phone after seven days.those of you that said you were asked to pay afterwards,didn't read that reciept that was given to you.it says you will have to pay if the problem is more than what is expected to be.
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by knight4u(m): 5:19am On Sep 29, 2009
It's not just Nokia Care Centre, virtually all service providers In Nigeria are rude! I think it has to do with the way we treat one another in this country. So, if a service provider comes from outside the country, they quickly adapt. Like the old adage goes: "When you are in Rome, behave like the Romans."
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by GTay(m): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2009
Listen to this guys:

I took my phone (N82 wink) to Nokia Care Center in V.Island to change the casing.

The lady took the phone inside, comes back and says "it is doable and would cost me N13k for the full casing angry or N6.5K angry if i want to change the front case alone"
She also said "you'll require 5 working days to change the cover shocked"

I quickly grabbed my phone and took off wink

Now i'v bn able to replace the entire casing for only N3.5k smiley
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by Nezan(m): 10:24am On Sep 29, 2009
What do you expect when your Government doesnt even care how you manage to survive?
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by kayman2u(m): 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2009
Thank God i read this piece, was about going there this wknd to complain about my Nokia N95 that fell into water and has been malfunctioning ever since. I just thought i was going to arm myself with my reciept and my warranty claim, and that'll do the magic. Na wa o
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by Ejike3: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2009
If na like dat, NOKIA NO dey KIA oooo. Nokia Care ko, Nokia kia ni. Nnaa that is the end of my Nokia 6500s.
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by hackney(m): 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2009
People should be glad that there is even a nokia care center at all (even though they are may be as good as no center).
If they start denying that people deposited any phones, it shldnt even shock the average nigerian.
Nigeria is just a mess.
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by engrbanky: 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2009
I just have to say this, my E71 just started restarting itself with the slightest touch on the top of the phone. Every other thing was working but for the inconvenience of the restarting all of the time there is the slightest of touch. i send it to Nokia centre on the island for a fix, they acknowledge its still on warranty and asked me to call after 24 hours to know when it will be ready i kept calling until the 10th day when someone told me they need to know my phone code as that did not allow them to proceed further. i was livid as they could have simply call me (i gave them 2 other numbers) and asked. i had spent 10 days withouth the phone then. To cut a long story short, after nearly a month, i got the phone back worse than it went there. The same problem started within few hours of collecting the phone, in addition 2 keys was no longer working (the comma and question mark). Well i had vowed never to have anything to do with Nokia centre anymore as my phone is now worse off than it went in. We should have a means of redress fror all this kind of mess in this country.
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by DisGuy: 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2009
GUYs why dont you send your complaints to NOKIA EUROPE via email or you can call them
report how the nigerian centre is dragging their name in the mud!!!!
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by lewa(m): 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2009
GUYs why dont you send your complaints to NOKIA EUROPE via email or you can call them
report how the nigerian centre is dragging their name in the mud!!!!
Bros exactly!!!!! I think that the era of companies providing mediocre services belongs in the Byzantine era.
The world has changed,Nigeria should not be any different.
Companies providing sub par products and services must be called out!!!! They should be shamed,
think we ought to do this on Nairaland,have a section solely for that.
Mr Admin, over
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by sley4life(m): 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2009
as long as its in 9ja there must be excuse.
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by gReenmAn(m): 11:00am On Sep 30, 2009
HP Care Center
Nokia Care Center (from what I've read so far)

If you really need care, those are the places to avoid
else you'll be needing REAL care at LUTH for heart-attack resulting from eye popping inefficiency.
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by darmian: 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2010
hello people please i need to flash my nokia x300 , i dont know how to go about it,
they tell me every where i get to that the software is not yet out.

i wonder how a phone will be made without a control software??
please help me out i dont want it to get worse
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by philip0906(m): 6:37pm On Jun 05, 2010
@all
y una dey go nokia office when computer villa dey there?nawa 4 una o.computer villa neva disappoints. cheesy grin
Re: Nokia Care! What A Hoax, Those Guys Should Be Sent Packing. by davenet(m): 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2010
I will first try computer village b4 any of those incompetent care centers. If you want value for money make sure you avoid being conned by those extortionist centers that can barely diagnose the fault much more fix it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Know The Founder Of Access Bank And The 45th Richest Man In From Edo? / List Of Paypal Countries Supporting Card Withdrawal And Alternative US Bank / Simple Tutorial On Operating Your Prepaid Meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.