Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:11 AM

Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) (2304 Views)

Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics / 7 Gadget-saving Rules For Repairing Your Faulty Device At Computer Village / 7 Gadget-saving Rules For Repairing Your Faulty Device At Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by guassian: 10:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
Many people has been complaining about Power banks not lasting longer upto the stated capacity, and it all boils down to the deceit happening at computer village, alaba and other known places where fake products are sold.

It happened just like a dream to me and till now I cannot believe I am be the one cheated like this. I bought a so called 20000mAh at computer village Lagos; well, i know that the capacity is not up to that because i used my eye to gauge and calculate the number of 3.6volts battery cells inside which is 4, and I know from experience that power banks with one cell is about 2600mAh, ones with 2 cells is 5200mAh so 4 cells with be about 11000mAh but I didnt mind the fake rating written on the power bank because as an Electronics and Embedded Systems Engineer, i just needed the four 3.6volts cells only to power my small project.

I tested the powerbank at the shop and it worked well (charging my phone), but when i got home i could not believe my eyes... behold... I have been duped. The power bank I thought has 4 cells has 1 true cell and 3 fake cells full of sand.

I suspected something wasnt right when i opened the power bank and found out that only one of the cells was connected and the the other 3 was left unconnected to the internal circuitry of the power bank and bridged together. I got curious to know why that was done. i used my volts meter to test the voltage of the unconnected cells and found out that it is reading 0.00v I got more curious. I have been dealing with Lithium-Iron batteries for years and I know that there is a fuse in the battery to prevent fire in case of a short circuit, i wanted to see if i can work my way through to bypass the fuse. To my surprise I found powder and Sand inside the cells.

[b]LESSONS:[/b]Even though i am in another state right now and i cannot return the power bank, i want others to learn not no buy a power bank without a brand name inscribed on it, and also, any power bank rated falsely is probably fake.

Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by guassian: 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
more pictures

Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by Evergreen4(m): 11:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
Chai, umu nnem, unu egbugo nmadu. Ndi ofe nmanu na ndi ugu na ebezi akwa.
Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by ephemm(m): 12:01am On Aug 08, 2016
The so-called "buy naija to grow naija"!
Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by Heshei: 12:07am On Aug 08, 2016
This is unfair ... @OP thanks for sharing their secrets. Never a fan of power bank anyways.
Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by mattsvibes: 12:42am On Aug 08, 2016
Am tired of all this fake power backup this particular one has flood ikeja best 30000 amh powerbank

The orignal one re quite expensive
take a good power bank below it's 32000mah
Strong durable but not handy
It 4x times the weight of the 1 above i search every in village i can find one my uncle gave it to my big bro when he came back from aboard

when it fully charge i used for 5 days charging my blackberry
Check the pic out

Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by Electronzeez(m): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2016
Gaussian lithium Na lithium grin, wether it is gotten from sand or through chemical reaction . Oloriburuku people angry

Lalasticlala come and see this before you buy fake power bank for seun .
Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
And i just ordered 2 cartons from alibababa....

Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by boman2014: 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
Na wah for some people. Just imagine.
Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by skate(m): 7:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
Na wah oo. Alaba boys have killed us
Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by darocha1: 1:23am On Aug 10, 2016
Why people will never buy naija even if dollar rakes up to $500 : N1
Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by Henrozy1(m): 4:43am On Aug 11, 2016
ephemm:
The so-called "buy naija to grow naija"!
the fact that he didn't get original doesn't mean all the locally made products are fake
Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by bamirotola: 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
Igbo brothers I see you working.... welldone....
Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by davesd: 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
The government insisting we should buy made in Naija. The same naija boys selling fake products. Government are fully aware but cannot sent task force to such areas. Where is Standard Organisation of Nig. We no go fit buy this una Naija products ooo..
Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 04, 2016
guassian:
Many people has been complaining about Power banks not lasting longer upto the stated capacity, and it all boils down to the deceit happening at computer village, alaba and other known places where fake products are sold.

It happened just like a dream to me and till now I cannot believe I am be the one cheated like this. I bought a so called 20000mAh at computer village Lagos; well, i know that the capacity is not up to that because i used my eye to gauge and calculate the number of 3.6volts battery cells inside which is 4, and I know from experience that power banks with one cell is about 2600mAh, ones with 2 cells is 5200mAh so 4 cells with be about 11000mAh but I didnt mind the fake rating written on the power bank because as an Electronics and Embedded Systems Engineer, i just needed the four 3.6volts cells only to power my small project.

I tested the powerbank at the shop and it worked well (charging my phone), but when i got home i could not believe my eyes... behold... I have been duped. The power bank I thought has 4 cells has 1 true cell and 3 fake cells full of sand.

I suspected something wasnt right when i opened the power bank and found out that only one of the cells was connected and the the other 3 was left unconnected to the internal circuitry of the power bank and bridged together. I got curious to know why that was done. i used my volts meter to test the voltage of the unconnected cells and found out that it is reading 0.00v I got more curious. I have been dealing with Lithium-Iron batteries for years and I know that there is a fuse in the battery to prevent fire in case of a short circuit, i wanted to see if i can work my way through to bypass the fuse. To my surprise I found powder and Sand inside the cells.

[b]LESSONS:[/b]Even though i am in another state right now and i cannot return the power bank, i want others to learn not no buy a power bank without a brand name inscribed on it, and also, any power bank rated falsely is probably fake.

It's quite unfortunate.
I 'd love to have a chat with you outside the forum. Let me know social network you are active on.
Re: Watch Out For Sand Banks At Computer Village. Fake Power Banks Exposed!(photos) by Feshizzy(m): 6:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
guassian:

Bros G,
Longest time oo!
Sorry for the bug here again,
But I noticed you haven't been active posting for a while now!
Abeg do you know how to fault find on a pcb?

Thanks in advance

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 4 16gb White And Blackberry Bold 9700 White / What If The Earth Stopped Spinning (+pics) / How The Human Face Might Look In 100,000 Years - Scary - Big Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.