Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

HELP Needed With Setting Up A Home Network - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELP Needed With Setting Up A Home Network (850 Views)

Help Needed With License/activation Codes / HP Core I7 Needed With At Least 2gb Dedicated Graphics / Gurus Please Come In Your Help Is Highly Needed With My Tecno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HELP Needed With Setting Up A Home Network by Conner44: 12:26am On Aug 08, 2016
hello members and especially networking gurus. I am about to purchase some networking devices to help keep all my computers connected in my home. I have been on Amazon looking for the items but due to the number of devices to choose from i am left confused ( i am a novice in these things) but i beieve that if i can purchase the right equipments i need then i can set them up with the aid of google no problem.

I plan to buy

1. a good stable ROUTER (with port forwarding capabilities) that has at least 3 ETHERNET ports to allow internet connection to other devices via WIFI and ETHERNET ports

2. a good MODEM ( dial-up with LTE capability) so that i can subscribe for an internet plan with any of our ISP's and then connect this same modem to the router either via USB or WIFI.

3. i plan to connect my PRINTER and COMPUTER to the ROUTER via ETHERNET cable and also my mobile phones to the router via WIFI.

Please i need someone to recommend a good ROUTER and DIAL-UP MODEM that can work with Nigerian ISP's (like MTN, AIRTEL e.t.c) that i can purchase. I am in Ebonyi state and there is no good service provider here except the usual GSM operators we have in Nigeria.

a rough sketch of what i need is below. Thanks for your contributions.

Re: HELP Needed With Setting Up A Home Network by tunde300us(m): 11:04am On Aug 08, 2016
Yes google and youtube is good but i will tell you try and get someone who has some network experience and you wont need all this wahala

(1) (Reply)

You want to increase your Mac storage? / Repair Power Pack Or New One / Lenovo’s Pro Series Includes A Virtual Reality Variant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.