Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:46 AM

HELP Needed With Setting Up A Home Network - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / HELP Needed With Setting Up A Home Network (967 Views)

Help Needed With Python Struct Module / Help Needed With Prestashop Store / Setting Up Database For Huge Sites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP Needed With Setting Up A Home Network by Conner44: 12:32am On Aug 08, 2016
hello members and especially networking gurus. I am about to purchase some networking devices to help keep all my computers connected in my home. I have been on Amazon looking for the items but due to the number of devices to choose from i am left confused ( i am a novice in these things) but i beieve that if i can purchase the right equipments i need then i can set them up with the aid of google no problem.

I plan to buy

1. a good stable ROUTER (with port forwarding capabilities) that has at least 3 ETHERNET ports to allow internet connection to other devices via WIFI and ETHERNET ports

2. a good MODEM ( dial-up with LTE capability) so that i can subscribe for an internet plan with any of our ISP's and then connect this same modem to the router either via USB or WIFI.

3. i plan to connect my PRINTER and COMPUTER to the ROUTER via ETHERNET cable and also my mobile phones to the router via WIFI.

Please i need someone to recommend a good ROUTER and DIAL-UP MODEM that can work with Nigerian ISP's (like MTN, AIRTEL e.t.c) that i can purchase. I am in Ebonyi state and there is no good service provider here except the usual GSM operators we have in Nigeria.

a rough sketch of what i need is below. Thanks for your contributions.

Re: HELP Needed With Setting Up A Home Network by bigtt76(f): 1:50am On Aug 08, 2016
Look for Huawei 3G router. It does both dial-up and wireless LAN. I bought mine here on Nairaland. Just search for the router here and you will get the dealer's details.
Re: HELP Needed With Setting Up A Home Network by Conner44: 9:24am On Aug 08, 2016
bigtt76:
Look for Huawei 3G router. It does both dial-up and wireless LAN. I bought mine here on Nairaland. Just search for the router here and you will get the dealer's details.

Thanks. Please does that router which you're recommending to me also have at least 2 ethernet ports as well as port forwarding abilities?
Re: HELP Needed With Setting Up A Home Network by bigtt76(f): 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2016
Yes it does.

Conner44:

Thanks. Please does that router which you're recommending to me also have at least 2 ethernet ports as well as port forwarding abilities?

(1) (Reply)

Google Blogger Expert Needed / Get The Skill On How To Run Your Own Repair Centre. / ABAP Developer Intern At SAP SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.