Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,923 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:33 AM

419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 (4471 Views)

'i Go Chop Your Dollar' Star Arrested / Nigerian Internet Scams On 20/20 Right Now / Abc's 20/20 Exposes 419 In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by hotangel2(f): 5:32am On Dec 09, 2006
Can you believe this? On ABC's 20/20, tonight, they were talking about scammers and all of that, and we all know where it led to. NIGERIANS.

So they talked about a whole bunch of stuffs, and scammers caught on tape and all of that. So well, here's what happened. They showed that we CELEBRATE SCAMMING IN OUR COUNTRY!!

HOW you ask? They said that we celebrate it oo, and they showed Nkem owoh's "i go chop your dollar". They said that Nigerian calls oyinbo's mugus.

Well considering nkem's song, i wouldn't blame them for the conclusion they made.

Here's the link, y'all can watch and talk about this.

What is black money? Money you wash with chemicals and it turns to dollars. WOW?!!

Here's a link to watch this.

http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=scamming%20the%20scammers&from=0&to=9&type=video

The first 4 videos explain it all.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by EvilSlayer(m): 5:53am On Dec 09, 2006
This thread was started yesterday. Did you use search before starting a new thread?
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by hotangel2(f): 5:57am On Dec 09, 2006
Im sorry. But i just watched 20/20 today.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 09, 2006
and? What next? grin

Abeg make i chop some dollars jare! I am a winner, they are the losers!!!!

Nkem Owoh is indirectly chopping their dollar, they have even helped in popularising his music all over the world!! Chopping dollars! Carry go!
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by jammin(m): 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2006
sorry Davidylan. not true. who is listening to that crap? only nigerians will listen, cos its only they who understand.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by 4Play(m): 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2006
Singing songs celebrating scams does not look great but have u heard Gangster Rap-They celebrate rape,murder,gansgterism,drug taking.This is not confined to gangster rap

So Nigerians doing same is no big deal
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by jammin(m): 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2006
my point was not the music, but the audience.
most people on the western side of the world do not listen Nigerian Music. that was my point.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2006
jammin:

sorry Davidylan. not true. who is listening to that crap? only nigerians will listen, because its only they who understand.

And you erroneously assume that Nigerians are interested in that nonsense that pours from the lips of crack addicts in the name of reggae? Those who idolize Bob Marley do the world a great diservice, promoting the lifestyle of a chain smoking rastafarian who should be a poster boy for the evils of smoking!
And i suppose Jamaicans are any better than Nigerians?

jammin:

my point was not the music, but the audience.
most people on the western side of the world do not listen Nigerian Music. that was my point.

That is why it is Nigerian music and NOT western music. Since when did Jamaica qualify as being on the western side of the world too?
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by ikamefa(f): 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2006
@ topic i love the " i go chop your dollar song! " its hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_YjvC4ndzM
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by jammin(m): 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2006
davidylan:

And you erroneously assume that Nigerians are interested in that nonsense that pours from the lips of crack addicts in the name of reggae? Those who idolize Bob Marley do the world a great diservice, promoting the lifestyle of a chain smoking rastafarian who should be a poster boy for the evils of smoking!
And i suppose Jamaicans are any better than Nigerians?

That is why it is Nigerian music and NOT western music. Since when did Jamaica qualify as being on the western side of the world too?
why are you all riled up? cheesy
1.) Reggae music is popular in Nigeria. look at this forum, Nigerians have been quoted has LOVING Jamaican artist. Even your Nigerian Artist are copying our stlye. Its true dont deny. i hear it all the time on EKO fm.
2.) No comment on Bob. His success speaks for itself.
3.) Never said anything about jamaicans being better, however i know you have the answer to that.
4.)well omit where jamaica is not. its not North. Certainly not South. it sure aint[b] East[/b] so where else is it located?
Today is christmas. let there be peace in Nairaland cheesy grin
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by McKren(m): 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2007
4 Play:

Singing songs celebrating scams does not look great but have u heard Gangster Rap-They celebrate rape,murder,gansgterism,drug taking.This is not confined to gangster rap

So Nigerians doing same is no big deal

absolute spot on
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by phoenixman: 1:55am On Jan 26, 2007
isn't scamming thiefing?
so, the world have a view that Nigeria is a country of thieves not my view, but conclude by deduction tongue
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by McKren(m): 2:10am On Jan 26, 2007
All you guys living in the US should advice ABC news to do more report on African loot stached out in western banks that their governments are indirectly blocking from repatriation.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by chistiana(f): 11:20am On Jan 26, 2007
who told that guy that all nigerians are scammer,

The white men enslave our grandparent,
so what do u expect the great children to do
they will rather scamm the white men and collect the sallary their great grandfather as been working for.

grin grin ;Dlol
@ pheonixman
nigeria people are not thief pls, if they are why searching for african queen, dont u think ur african queen can come from Nigeria.
and besides who knows if u one of us. u a black man i guess.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by phoenixman: 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2007
chistiana. i was only kidding. my girlfriend is in Nigeria cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by chistiana(f): 2:47pm On Jan 28, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, alot of them.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by phoenixman: 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2007
where?? who
who told you that? angry angry angry
do not listen to rumour
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by chistiana(f): 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2007
Not rumour, its a vision.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by desertboom(m): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2007
i just don't understand this people anymore why is it that every thing bad alway comes from Nigeria, they believe we're worst than any nation in life but i'm still happy being a Nigerian let them continue their scamming scammer they'll get tired.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by chistiana(f): 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2007
una men my brother, i tireooooooooo.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by naijafresh: 12:02pm On Feb 20, 2007
I am being bombarded with emails from a 419 scammer called 'Barrister chinedu'!
He has sent me his phone number and email address and keeps asking me to phone him i know he wont do this unless he thinks he is on to a potential score with a mugu

I keep sending him replies in my spare time knowing well that time he spends on me is time he cant spend on someone else

I am going to tell him i will come to Nigeria and contact him ASAP wink

I have now labelled him 'reverse mugu' coz he is being scammed into wasting his time and money sending me emails

poor fool

grin
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by WesleyanA(f): 8:03am On Feb 21, 2007
The song is sort of a patriotic song

it helped that a comedian sang it, so it's not taken too seriously or appear to be condoning crime.
but still has the "be proud of your country no matter what the west has to say about us," "keep your heads up" effect/theme. lol

the west made it seem as if all nigerians are 419ers. damn
i hate when he (the reporter guy) made his judgements about lagos city "shameful city" "crime ridden city."
Well that's my city and i don't appreciate it. no thanks. go call your city "disgraceful," not mine.

I like the song grin

I like the traditional dance and costumes too.
Proud to be Nigerian
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by phoenixman: 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2007
ain't nutten wrong to be proud of where you from.
but people have got to learn to ostracize elements
that makes your home look bad.
even here on Nairaland the Scammers are rampant
good people that are here know who some of them are
yet they don't denounce them publicly. its either you are for or against
419. If you glorify crime, then someday crime will smack you in the face.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by WesleyanA(f): 11:59pm On Feb 24, 2007
anybody in their right mind should know that 419 doesn't pay.
anybody in their right mind should also know not to take the literal message of osofia's song seriously.

well, each to his own. I like the song. cause it has a patriotic tone to it and it's catchy.

what i don't like is that condenscending and demeaning tone of the ABC report. it's not one bit objective (as usual)
I'd rather listen to usofia's song all day than watch that stupid report for once.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by egoldman(m): 10:49pm On Mar 04, 2007
what has the abc 20/20 said about the songs of people like eminem,snoopy dog,50cents ,tupac and so on ? or do we not see even worst words in their lyrics than what nkem owo sang ,its only when its done by a Nigerian that it becomes an issue.my brother open ur eyes and see where this racists journalism is coming from
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by jubocycke(m): 11:48am On Jun 07, 2008
i think osuofia`s song was directed towards exposing the evils of fraud and not to encourage same.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by Nwogeneugo: 11:11am On Oct 07, 2011
can we say americans are murders,drug addicts and peddlers and gang bangers? because that is all their music is all about.
i would rather take ou economic crimes than their serial murders,child rapists and killers and paedophilia.
Re: 419 Scammmers And Nkem Owoh's "i Go Chop Your Dollar" On Abc's 20/20 by decode55(m): 7:51am On Jul 01, 2015
smiley

(1) (Reply)

WATCH Video Of Cultists Kill, Behead & Use Man's Head To Play Football / Remember My Warnings Yesterday They Just Beheaded This Man - Black Axee And Eiye / Jungle Justice: See Pics Of Alleged Robbers Caught And Lynched In Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.