Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,965 members, 7,799,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (55721 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
I wasn't sure where to share this but I found it extremely beneficial and learnt new things. This is even as I thought I've read a lot about women.

- Talked about proper hijab
- Talked about Khulwa
- Talked about interactions with the opposite gender
- Talked about tabbaruj
- Talked about unnecessary outings by women

-It's by sheikh Fawzan (حفظه الله)
-It's only 21 pages (acknowledgements inclusive).

https://abdurrahmanorg.files./2014/08/advice-to-the-muslim-woman-al-fawzan-al-ibaanah-com.pdf
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
I know I have posted it before but it's a really good book

- What does it mean for a Muslim to restrain himself?

- What does restraint mean?

- What are the types of restraints of a believer?

- Causes of weak restraint?

- How can one increase the ability to restrain from sins and desires?

Some people do good deeds but can't restrain from sins whilst some restrain from prohibited actions but find it difficult to do good deeds. The better believers are those with the ability to restrain and advance(do good deeds).

https://almunajjid.com/attachment/books/english/Restraint.pdf#viewer.action=download

It's 64 pages total.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:34am On May 01, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 1:21pm On May 01, 2017
Where is snapscore ke?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 3:39pm On May 02, 2017
It is reported that ʿUthmān b. ʿAffān – Allāh be pleased with him – once addressed the people in a sermon. He praised Allāh, then said:

O people! Fear Allāh and obey Him, for piety is a valuable prize. Verily the most intelligent person is he who takes account of himself and works for what comes after death, and acquires through the light (guidance) of Allāh a light for the darkness of the grave.

The servant of Allāh should fear lest Allāh the Mighty and Sublime resurrects him blind though he used to see. A few comprehensive words can be enough for a wise man, whereas the deaf (who does not listen to guidance) is being called from afar.

And know that whoever Allāh the Mighty and Sublime is with has nothing to fear; but whoever Allāh the Mighty and Sublime is against, then in whom can he hope after Allāh?!

Abū Bakr Al-Daynūrī, Al-Mujālasah wa Jawāhir Al-ʿIlm 4:116,117.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 02, 2017
one of you may do the deeds of the people of Paradise until there is nothing between him and it but a cubit, then the decree overtakes him and he does a deed of the people of Hell and enters it. And one of you may do the deeds of the people of Hell until there is nothing between him and it but a cubit, then the decree overtakes him and he does a deed of the people of Paradise, and enters it.

Bukhari and Muslim...
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 03, 2017
Whether egoistic or anomic, fatalistic or altruistic, suicide is suicide. It is a major sin.
The Messenger of Allaah was reported to have said, 'Whoever kills himself with something in this world will be punished with it on the Day of Resurrection.' [Bukhooree and Muslim]
Not only that, he (sollaLloohu 'alayhi wa sallam) would not pray on such individuals, a chastisement meant to inhibit all the pathways that could make such thing reoccur. Evidence: A man who had killed himself with a broad arrow-head was brought to the Prophet (sollaLloohu 'alayhi wa sallam) and he did not offer the funeral prayer for him. [Muslim]
Depression is real, but we ask Allaah to make us steadfast upon Islaam; to ease our affairs in this world, either financial, or medical or whatsoever; and to make us die upon Islaam.

*copied from Aboo Aaisha Al Odeomeey
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 03, 2017
Muslim Olaribigbe
Praise Be To Allaah.
Don't be quoting Ahaadeeth as if you're quoting Aristotle or Karl Max. Quote the narrator of the hadeeth, as well as it's source and authenticity, unless of course if it's from either Saheeh al-Bukhaaree or Muslim.
The manner in which some brethren quote Ahaadeeth clearly shows they do so through guess work, and that may be tantamount to lying upon the Prophet صلي الله عليه و سلم.
The Prophet صلي الله عليه و سلم said: “Do not tell lies about me, for whoever tells lies about me will enter Hell.” [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree, 106.
And he صلي الله عليه و سلم said: “Whoever narrates a hadeeth from me that he thinks is false is one of the liars." [Saheeh Muslim]
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 03, 2017
Markaz Bukhari:
The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم mentioned:
"...All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves."
[Muslim:223]
Shaikh Salih al-Fawzan حفظه الله mentioned:
"People leave their homes early in the morning, where do they go? They go to their work, either buying or selling, or employment.
The exiting of a person from his home will either cast him into evil, or into goodness. So if he goes to seek knowledge, or to perform obedience, then he obtains goodness.
But if he leaves to go to sinning, evil and wrongdoing then he will obtain evil.
Hence, by exiting from his home, he goes out to (ending up in) either goodness or evil.
Hence a person who exits from his home either frees himself or destroys himself.
Therefore, upon the Muslim is to remember this, and to guard over himself when exiting and going out of his home. And he must guard his hearing, his eyesight, and limbs, in order that he is from those who free themselves. If however, he does not guard his limbs and body parts then he will be from those who have destroyed themselves."
[المنحة الربانية ص١٩٣]
@AbuMuadhTaqweem

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 7:20pm On May 03, 2017
The Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, said: "The one who shows off with something that does not belong to him is like one who wears a garment of falsehood." (Reported by Al-Bukhaari, Fat-h Al-Baari, 9/317)
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 3:39am On May 05, 2017
When Allah prohibits an action, He does not just prohibit the action alone but whatever leads to it. When we talk about Zina which is prohibited we also see thing like looking, touching, being alone with the opposite gender and free mixing being prohibited as well. Preventing fitnah is an important part of Shari'a. Interacting with opposite gender itself isn’t prohibited but there are guidelines that should be followed- it should be on basis on necessity, voices shouldn’t be softened, it should be casual and restricted to what is essential (ie question – answer). There shouldn’t be joking or laughing, as it results in arousing desires.

These rules don’t just apply to offline interaction but online interactions as well. You may be thinking but online you aren’t seeing the person and cannot hear the person’s voice……so what’s wrong?

Interactions online can lead to stirring of desires and open the door to fitnah. The way a text is written, the use of smiley faces- all of these create an atmosphere of the conversation. Is it a serious conversation where limits are respected? Is it causal? Is it following the guidelines with a few mistakes? Or is it plain careless? We have seen people fall in love online with people they have never seen! Some of which lead to negative consequences later on. I remember a lecture from Abu Mussab where he mentioned when texting first started, people were falling in love all over the place from a simple text. A simple hey how are you could be misinterpreted and make the mind run wild – especially if one has a disease in his/her heart.

If we go back to look at the sahabas and the righteous predecessors, would they be interacting the same we do today? Will they be texting the same way we do today? Where is the shyness? Where is the modesty? Where is the protective jealousy?

You might be thinking…well I will protect myself from the fitnah. Can you really? Who jumps in the ocean without getting wet? One shouldn’t overestimate his/her eman. If those before us stayed clear of things that lead to fitnah, who are we to think we can handle them especially in today’s world where fitnah is wide spread? I remember reading that those before us would leave 70 doors of things that are permissible out of fear that it would lead to something haram.

Shaytan is ever willing to lead one astray.

May Allah protect us. Ameen

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:47pm On May 05, 2017
Sometimes it is easy to feel left out- like you aren't having fun whilst everyone else is.

Sometimes it is easy to feel sad that u are leaving a sin in form of an opportunity.

Sometimes its easy for shaytan to start his waswas saying you are too strict and you are making the religion difficult for yourself.

Sometimes you see people sin and enjoy their sin.

Sometimes people will call you extremists for growing your beard, wearing a niqab, avoiding free mixing , people will label you old fashioned, boring and a bunch of other hurtful words.

But know ( and I was surprise that I had forgotten this) that when u leave a sin for Allah you are not just avoing punishment but you will also be REWARDED for it and that Allah will compensate you wilth something much better.

The purpose of creation was not to live for fun. It was to worship Allah. A believer know that his/her final destination is not this duniya but the akhria. A believer knows to prepare for the day that he will leave this earth. The day that ina illahi wa ina ileyhi rajoon will be said for him. Because believe me, that day is coming. It may not be today or tomorrow but it will certainly come.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:47pm On May 05, 2017
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the unbeliever.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2956

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

Apologies for the various posts today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 7:46pm On May 06, 2017
*The Prohibition of Backbiting and the Commandment of Guarding one's Tongue*

1526. Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said,

_"During the Mi'raj (the Night of Ascension), I saw a group of people who were scratching their chests and faces with their copper nails. I asked, 'Who are these people, O Jibril?'_

Jibril replied: _'These are the people who ate flesh of others (by backbiting) and trampled people's honour.'''_

*[Abu Dawud].*

*Commentary:*  "These are the people who ate flesh of others'' is a metaphor for backbiting. "To trample people's honour'' is akin to harming their goodwill and honour. The punishment for these things mentioned in Hadith makes their seriousness obvious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:03pm On May 10, 2017
As'salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

How do 'good' people do it?

My friend and I were discussing the struggles we usually face regarding maintain Eman and struggling to make good deeds like reading Qur'an a regular habit. We both ended talking about how one repents from sins and how one is ususlly determined to become a better Muslimah and everything and we work towards it and after a while.....one relapses- Eman starts to dwindle and a person ends up right back in square one.

I understand that Eman goes up and down and this is something normal. But the past months or almost a year I guess, have been really frustrating because it's always feel like taking a step forward and ten steps back. My friend and I also talked about preparing for Ramadan and how things go well and then bam this one week everything seems like it's going down the drain. We go back to being tired, lazy and decreased motivation. How can one work to improve himself?

So how do pious people do it? How do they maintain their Eman? How do they manage to seek knowledge, do good deeds and still juggle with the daily stress of life?

I would appreciate suggestions about books on purifying the heart and Eman.

Jazakallahu Khyran!

Modified
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:11pm On May 10, 2017
I found this really helpful but you will need patience to read it all.

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:12pm On May 10, 2017
Its the whole chapter. Hope it isnt too much.

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 10, 2017
First it should be known that having high level of eeman is not gotten easy but through hardwork, you have to do lots of worship that are thaabit[emm, legislated *couldn't think of a better translation but that should bring the idea close*]

Shaytaan runs in our veins exactly the same way blood runs as we were told by the prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, so its not the nature of man to be hardworking when looking for the face of Allaah, so we quickly dismiss the idea of "easy way to have a steady or increasing eemab"

1.) Now, the 'hardworking' way for getting a steady or increasing eeman is, read the Qur'an if you don't understand its meaning, look up a translated work, look for a tafseer, for starters ibn katheer will do.....so check each aayah and it's tafseer, I think there is an abridged translated version of ibn katheer.....

The proof for this method is the aayah of the Qur'an that says;

"Those to whom We gave the book (the Qur’an) recite it as it should be recited, they are the ones that believe therein. And who disbelieves in it (the Qur’an), those are the losers." (Baqarah: 121)

Allaah also says;
"And whenever there comes down a surah, some of them say: "Which of you has his iman increased by it ? As for those who believe, it has increased their iman, and they rejoice. But as for those in whose hearts is a disease, it will add suspicion and doubt to their suspicion, disbelief and doubt, and they die while they are disbelievers." (Tawbah: 124 to 25)

2.) Stay far from sins, Allaah mentions in many verses of the Qur'an that "Allaah does not guide sinners", " Allaah does not guide oppressors(in this case oppressing their souls by sinning and wringing themselves " and so on, so if you sin, you are putting your eeman at risk ...

And if you Sin, say istigfar, Allaah loves those who ask for forgiveness ....

Perform salaah regularly and at its legislated times, except for a valid shareeah reason...

And try to concentrate your salaah, it should take you far from sins and enjoin you to good ..

As for books, I don't know any, except a book on "Akhlaaq" which is in Arabic, I don't k ow of a translated version....

Under akhlaaq "good(characters)" we have "inbuilt characters (good)" and "characters you try to emulate from good people", " 95%" of the people you see today with good characters emulated it, it was not inbuilt...

The first sign of having a good character is being true and sincere to Allaah and it makes you a mushsinah, the prophet was asked by jibreel what ihsaan is, he said "worshiping Allaah as if you see him, for if you don't see him, he surely sees you"..... So when you worship Allaah concentrate and know that you are infront of the Lord of the worlds ....

Most of the salafs you hear of today became muhsineen through this same salaah we are taking with levity .....

So getting is steady and uprising eeman needs hardwirk and dedication....
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbooUthaymeen(m): 4:52pm On May 10, 2017
Pending the time the shackles will be removed from Abdelkabir's hand....here is a screenshot of what I typed...

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:08pm On May 10, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbooUthaymeen(m): 5:27pm On May 10, 2017
Look at the intention used for doing these acts of worship...... Look deep down and evaluate yourself, what intention was used to carry out the act of worship, did you start with a good intention and ended with a bad one?

This is between you and your lord....
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:32pm On May 10, 2017
It isn't possible for someone to sincerely do good deeds and not have Eman increase?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbooUthaymeen(m): 5:49pm On May 10, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbooUthaymeen(m): 5:52pm On May 10, 2017
OK, let's define what exactly faith is......

What's your definition of eeman? So I'll know what you are aiming....
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:01pm On May 10, 2017
I dunno faith settles in the heart and is proven by actions. I am not sure how to define Eman ( I am not talking about beliefs in Allah, his messenger....) but I think I made my post clear about what I was hoping to get- the ease of improving ones self and having that feeling of contentment, peace and taqwa in the heart.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbooUthaymeen(m): 6:17pm On May 10, 2017
Then what you are aiming is ihsaan the highest level of being a believer in Allaah

And the basics is worshiping Allaah as if you see him....

There is a book on ihsaan written by shaykh ibn uthaymeen, the name is "ihsaan", and its in 3 voluminous volumes, he(rahimahullaah) really expatiated on the basics which is " worshiping Allaah as if you are seeing him"....

The only barrier now is I don't know of a translated version oh sister...... You cab as well ask in a book shop that sells books published by "daarus salaam" they have translated many works, perhaps they've translated this one too....

If you can lay your hands on this book, read and understand properly, you might even decide to practice zuhd, and forget totally about this life......
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:20pm On May 10, 2017
Okay I will search about it jazakallahu Khyran.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbooUthaymeen(m): 6:24pm On May 10, 2017
Mofpearl:
Okay I will search about it jazakallahu Khyran.

And where will you search for it? Online? I doubt by 98% that you'll see it ......

Do you have anyone who can be translating for you if you sit with HER?

It will be much easier to get it in Arabic....
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:27pm On May 10, 2017
AbooUthaymeen:

And where will you search for it? Online? I doubt by 98% that you'll see it ......

Do you have anyone who can be translating for you if you sit with HER?

It will be much easier to get it in Arabic....

My good friend maybe? But I am not sure how it will be possible because I like to go home right after university. It might also bee too much of a burden for her too.

Yes I am searching online. i found a book called the three fundamentals.. Is it the same book?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbooUthaymeen(m): 6:31pm On May 10, 2017
Mofpearl:

My good friend maybe? But I am not sure how it will be possible because I like to go home right after university. It might also bee too much of a burden for her too.

Yes I am searching online. i found a book called the three fundamentals.. Is it the same book?

Uthoolu thalaatha by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Abdulwahhab? That's not the book....
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbooUthaymeen(m): 6:33pm On May 10, 2017
Plus, do you know any shop managed by daaru salaam?

You can hopefully get a translated copy there
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:34pm On May 10, 2017
AbooUthaymeen:

Uthoolu thalaatha by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Abdulwahhab? That's not the book....

Yeah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (46) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Women "Dabbing" In Mecca Blasted. See Photo / Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.