Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (55788 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:04am On Nov 13, 2016
@Contact17 hope you good and you aint stressing too much in school?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 13, 2016
lexiconkabir:
@Contact17 hope you good and you aint stressing too much in school?

Still stressing but it's mainly because I got lazy and I just want the semester to end.

Thanks for asking
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 13, 2016
Contact17:

Still stressing but it's mainly because I got lazy and I just want the semester to end.

pele, it happens, especially when you just want to get to another session.

Thanks for asking

you are welcome.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 15, 2016
On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said : the messenger of Allaah said :
[the case of] a man who, having journeyed far, is dishevelled and dusty and who spreads out his hands to the sky) [saying] : "O Lord! O Lord!" - while his food is unlawful, his drink unlawful, his clothing unlawful, and he is nourished unlawfully, so how can he be answered?!"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that Allah said: “My slave does not draw near to Me with anything more beloved to Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My slave continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I will love him, When I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, he seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it.” (al-Bukhaari, 6502).

Modified

As' salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Just a quick reminder that tomorrow is Thursday..
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Deeds are shown (to Allaah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041.

cc: lexiconkabir, demmzy15, RABIUSHILE04
Kazrem FriendChoice Jay54
AideeSheks
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
Contact17:
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that Allah said: “My slave does not draw near to Me with anything more beloved to Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My slave continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I will love him, When I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, he seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it.” (al-Bukhaari, 6502).

Modified

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Deeds are shown (to Allaah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041.

AideeSheks
Jazaka Allaah kayran Ya Ukti for the reminder!

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
^^ now that hadeeth has perfectly summarized what tawassul is, not what some deviants do today.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
Contact17:

Modified

AideeSheks

May Allah continue to bless our future nurse and her generation. Ameen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
Contact17:

Modified

AideeSheks

Maa shaaa Allaah sister. May Allaah make us observe more nawafil salaah, fasting. I don't even know your name sef? Demmzy, KB, Fri_choice, aidee, egbu do ma gba awe ola ojo alamisi o..OR!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 17, 2016
FriendChoice:

May Allah continue to bless our future nurse and her generation. Ameen

RABIUSHILE04:

Maa shaaa Allaah sister. May Allaah make us observe more nawafil salaah, fasting. I don't even know your name sef? Demmzy, KB, Fri_choice, aidee, egbu do ma gba awe ola ojo alamisi o..OR!!!!!

Ameen.

This made me so happy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 17, 2016
Contact17:

Ameen.
This made me so happy.
Hamdanlillaah. That's Islaam for you!
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 18, 2016
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best day on which the sun rises is Friday. On it Adam was created, on it he was admitted to Paradise and on it he was expelled therefrom.”

Narrated by Muslim, 1410.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
Salam alaikum

@aminat508 how are you doing?

@aideesheks

How did your NYSC posting go?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about that which will admit most people to Paradise. He said: “Fear of Allaah and a good attitude.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray for a good attitude, saying, “O Allaah, You have made my outward form beautiful so make my attitude good too.” Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh (3/239) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel (75).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Aminat508(f): 8:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
Contact17:
Salam alaikum

@aideesheks

Wsalam, I have bn so busy sis. Hosting a program in the state of osun this Friday, running up and down for a successful one

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 8:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
Contact17:
Salam alaikum

@aideesheks

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah
Alhamdulillah, it was good. Posted to Kwara
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
AideeSheks:

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah
Alhamdulillah, it was good. Posted to Kwara

Do you like it?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Do you like it?
Absolutely. I'm really looking forward to the experience I'll have there.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
AideeSheks:

Absolutely. I'm really looking forward to the experience I'll have there.

Alright barakaallaahu feek, is it gonna be Ilorin or you don't know yet?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Alright barakaallaahu feek, is it gonna be Ilorin or you don't know yet?
Amin. Wa fika.
Don't know for now. It's towards the end of camp I'll get to know where my PPA is. But I'm seriously hoping it'll be in Ilorin though
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
AideeSheks:

Amin. Wa fika.
Don't know for now. It's towards the end of camp I'll get to know where my PPA is. But I'm seriously hoping it'll be in Ilorin though

Why Ilorin?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Why Ilorin?
That way, my accommodation burden may be slightly eased.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
AideeSheks:

That way, my accommodation burden may be slightly eased.

Aiit o....may Allaah put blessings in it.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 10:08pm On Nov 22, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Aiit o....may Allaah put blessings in it.
Ameen brother
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2016
ﺍﻟﺴﻼﻡ ﻋﻠﻴﻜﻢ ﻭﺭﺣﻤﺔ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻭﺑﺮﻛﺎﺗﻪ
ﻧﺤﻦ ﻻ ﻧﻤﻠﻚ ﺗﻐﯿﯿﺮ ﺍﻟﻤﺎﺿﻲ
We don't have the ability to change the past
ﻭ ﻻ ﺭﺳﻢ ﺍﻟﻤﺴﺘﻘﺒﻞ ..
... or design the future
ﻓﻠﻤﺎﺫﺍ ﻧﻘﺘﻞ ﺍﻧﻔﺴﻨﺎ ﺣﺴﺮﺓ
so why do we kill ourselves in regret
ﻋﻠﻰ ﺷﻲﺀﻻ ﻧﺴﺘﻄﯿﻊ ﺗﻐﯿﯿﺮﻩ؟
over what we can't change ?
ﺍﻟﺤﻴﺎﺓ ﻗﺼﯿﺮﺓ ﻭﺃﻫـﺪﺍﻓﻬﺎ ﻛﺜﻴﺮﺓ
Life is short and our goals are many .
ﻓﺎﻧﻈﺮ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺍﻟﺴﺤﺎﺏ
Look at the clouds
ﻭ ﻻ ﺗﻨﻈﺮ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺍﻟﺘﺮﺍﺏ ..
... and don't look at the sand. [Figuratively, sheikh is
reminding us to look up to Allah ‏] .
ﺇﺫﺍ ﺿﺎﻗﺖ ﺑﻚ ﺍﻟﺪﺭﻭﺏ
If the paths become straitened [tightened] for you
ﻓﻌﻠﯿﻚ ﺑﻌﻼﻡ ﺍﻟﻐﯿﻮﺏ
so rely on the Knower of the Unknown [one of Allah's
attributes ‏]
ﻭ ﻗﻞ ﺍﻟﺤﻤﺪﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻰ ﻛﻞ ﺷﻲﺀ
and say All praise due [to] Allah for everything .
ﺳﻔﻴﻨﺔ ‏(ﺗﺎﻳﺘﻨﻚ ‏) ﺑﻨﺎﻫﺎ ﻣﺌﺎﺕ ﺍﻷﺷﺨﺎﺹ
The Titanic [ship] was built by hundreds of people
ﻭﺳﻔﻴﻨﺔ ‏( ﻧــﻮﺡ ‏) ﺑﻨﺎﻫﺎ ﺷﺨﺺ ﻭﺍﺣﺪ
but Noah's ship [ark] was built by one person
ﺍﻷﻭﻟﻰ ﻏﺮﻗﺖ ﻭﺍﻟﺜﺎﻧﻴﺔ ﺣﻤﻠﺖ ﺍﻟﺒﺸــﺮﻳﺔ ..
... the former sank and the latter ferried humans [humanity ‏] .
ﺍﻟﺘﻮﻓﻴﻖ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺳﺒﺤﺎﻧﻪ ﻭﺗﻌﺎﻟﻰ
Success is from Allah subhana wata'ala .
ﻧﺤﻦ ﻟﺴﻨﺎ ﺍﻟﺴﻜﺎﻥ ﺍﻷﺻﻠﻴﻴﻦ
We weren't the original inhabitants
ﻟﻬﺬﺍ ﺍﻟﻜﻮﻛﺐ ‏( ﺍﻷﺭﺽ ‏) !!
of the planet Earth !!
ﺑﻞ ﻧﺤﻦ ﻧﻨﺘﻤﻲ ﺇﻟﻰ ‏( ﺍﻟﺠﻨّﺔ ‏)
But, we belong to paradise
ﺣﻴﺚ ﻛﺎﻥ ﺃﺑـﻮﻧﺎ ﺁﺩﻡ
where our father Adam used to
ﻳﺴﻜﻦ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺒﺪﺍﻳﺔ
dwell in the beginning .
ﻟﻜﻨﻨﺎ ﻧﺰﻟﻨﺎ ﻫﻨﺎ ﻣﺆﻗﺘﺎً
But we've been dropped here on Earth temporarily
ﻟﻜﻲ ﻧﺆﺩّﻱ ﺍﺧﺘﺒﺎﺭﺍ ﻗﺼﻴﺮﺍ
in order that we undergo a short test
ﺛﻢ ﻧﺮﺟﻊ ﺑﺴﺮﻋﺔ ..
... then we'll return quickly .
ﻓﺤﺎﻭﻝ ﺃﻥ ﺗﻌﻤﻞ ﻣﺎ ﺑﻮﺳﻌﻚ
So, try to get the capability of
ﻟﻠﺤﺎﻕ ﺑﻘﺎﻓﻠﺔ ﺍﻟﺼﺎﻟﺤﻴﻦ
connecting to convoy of the righteous
ﺍﻟﺘﻲ ﺳﺘﻌﻮﺩ ﺇﻟﻰ
which you'll [surely] return to
ﻭﻃﻨﻨﺎ ﺍﻟﺠﻤﻴﻞ ﺍﻟﻮﺍﺳﻊ
our beautiful vast country [paradise ‏] ,
ﻭﻻﺗﻀﻴﻊ ﻭﻗﺘﻚ ﻓﻲ ﻫﺬﺍ ﺍﻟﻜﻮﻛﺐ ﺍﻟﺼﻐﻴﺮ
and don't waste your time on this small planet .
ﺍﻟﻔﺮﺍﻕ:
:Separation
ﻟﻴﺲ ﺍﻟﺴﻔﺮ
isn't travel
ﻭﻻ ﻓﺮﺍﻕ ﺍﻟﺤﺐ
or love separation ;
ﺣﺘﻰ ﺍﻟﻤﻮﺕ ﻟﻴﺲ ﻓﺮﺍﻗﺎ
even death isn't separation ,
ﺳﻨﺠﺘﻤﻊ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻵﺧﺮﺓ
we'll meet in the Hereafter .
ﺍﻟﻔﺮﺍﻕ ﻫﻮ :
Separation is :
ﺃﻥ ﻳﻜﻮﻥ ﺃﺣﺪﻧﺎ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺠﻨﺔ
that one of us is in paradise
ﻭﺍﻵﺧﺮ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﻨﺎﺭ
and the other in hell .
ﺟﻌﻠﻨﻲ ﺭﺑﻲ ﻭﺇﻳﺎﻛﻢ ﻣﻦ ﺳﻜﺎﻥ ﺟﻨﺘﻪ ..
... ‏[ O Lord] make me and you of the inhabitants of His
.paradise
ﻭﺍﻟﺤﻴﺎﺓ ﻣﺎ ﻫﻲ ﺇﻻ ﻗﺼﺔ ﻗﺼﻴﺮﺓ !!
And life is but a short story !!
‏( ﻣﻦ ﺗﺮﺍﺏ . ﻋﻠﻰ ﺗﺮﺍﺏ . ﺇﻟﻰ ﺗﺮﺍﺏ ‏)
‏( From dust. On dust. To dust ‏)
‏( ﺛﻢ ﺣﺴﺎﺏ ﻓﺜﻮﺍﺏ ﺃﻭ ﻋﻘﺎﺏ ‏)
‏( And then trial; reward or punishment ‏)
ﻓﻌﺶ ﺣﻴﺎﺗﻚ ﻟﻠﻪ - ﺗﻜﻦ ﺃﺳﻌﺪ ﺧﻠﻖ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
So, live your life for Allah-be the happiest of Allah's creation
ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﻟﻚ ﺍﻟﺤﻤﺪ ﻛﻤﺎ ﻳﻨﺒﻐﻲ ﻟﺠﻼﻝ ﻭﺟﻬﻚ ﻭﻋﻈﻴﻢ
O Lord, all praises are due to you like it should be [for the
majesty of your countenance and the might of
ﺳﻠﻄﺎﻧﻚ
your authority.
Thanks to the reader ﺷﻜﺮﺍً / ﻟﻤﻦ ﻗﺮﺃﻫﺎ
ﻭ ﺷﻜﺮﺍً / ﻟﻤﻦ ﺳﻮﻑ ﻳﻘﻮﻡ ﺑﻨﺸﺮﻫﺎ ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﻻ ﺗﺤﺮﻣﻨﺎ
and thanks to the one who [will find this important] and
share it]. O Lord, don't deprive us of its rewards ameen.

Copied

4 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2016
At the end of the day, what really matters is the final destination.

Surah AT-TAKATHUR

أَلْهَاكُمُ التَّكَاثُرُ
Competition in [worldly] increase diverts you
حَتَّىٰ زُرْتُمُ الْمَقَابِرَ
Until you visit the graveyards.
كَلَّا سَوْفَ تَعْلَمُونَ
No! You are going to know.
ثُمَّ كَلَّا سَوْفَ تَعْلَمُونَ
Then no! You are going to know.
كَلَّا لَوْ تَعْلَمُونَ عِلْمَ الْيَقِينِ
No! If you only knew with knowledge of certainty..
لَتَرَوُنَّ الْجَحِيمَ
You will surely see the Hellfire.
ثُمَّ لَتَرَوُنَّهَا عَيْنَ الْيَقِينِ
Then you will surely see it with the eye of certainty.
ثُمَّ لَتُسْأَلُنَّ يَوْمَئِذٍ عَنِ النَّعِيمِ
Then you will surely be asked that Day about pleasure.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:03am On Nov 26, 2016
Surah Al- Baqarah verse 272

لَّيْسَ عَلَيْكَ هُدَاهُمْ وَلَٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَهْدِي مَن يَشَاءُ ۗ وَمَا تُنفِقُوا مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَلِأَنفُسِكُمْ ۚ وَمَا تُنفِقُونَ إِلَّا ابْتِغَاءَ وَجْهِ اللَّهِ ۚ وَمَا تُنفِقُوا مِنْ خَيْرٍ يُوَفَّ إِلَيْكُمْ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تُظْلَمُونَ

Not upon you, [O Muhammad], is [responsibility for] their guidance, but Allah guides whom He wills. And whatever good you [believers] spend is for yourselves, and you do not spend except seeking the countenance of Allah . And whatever you spend of good - it will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:36am On Nov 26, 2016
Salam alaikum

@lexiconkabir how is your project going?

@Friendchoice how are you? You haven't been as active on NL
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:40am On Nov 26, 2016
Contact17:
Salam alaikum

@lexico.nkabir how is your project going?

@Friendch.oice how are you? You haven't been as active on NL

Alhamdulillaah its good, and you, hope you having fun with school?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 26, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Alhamdulillaah its good, and you, hope you having fun with school?

Yeah, the semester is almost over so I'm very excited.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:21am On Nov 26, 2016
Contact17:

Yeah, the semester is almost over so I'm very excited.

If you dont mind me asking, how many more years do you have to graduate?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 26, 2016
lexiconkabir:

If you dont mind me asking, how many more years do you have to graduate?

In about two years In sha Allah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Women "Dabbing" In Mecca Blasted. See Photo / Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.