Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo (39372 Views)

Nina Uziogwe Admitted Into 7 Ivy League Universities (photo) / Lecturer Marking Students' Note In One Of The Prestigious Universities(photo) / Nigerian Girl Gets Admission To 13 Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 09, 2016
A 17-year- old girl, Serena Omo-Lamai, has been granted admission to study in 13 universities in America and Canada.

Omo-Lamai, who graduated from Dowen College, Lekki, Lagos, last year, however, opted for Syracuse University, United States, to study Bio-Medical Engineering.

Some of the universities where she was offered admission include Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, New York University, among others.

Speaking in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Monday, Omo-Lamai said she settled for Syracuse University because of the institution’s world-class research laboratory and a $51,000 scholarship offer.

The teenager, who aspires to be a medical engineer, disclosed that she would study medicine as a second degree.

“I feel very honoured and I feel it is an opportunity to work harder. I know that I have to justify the offer. I chose Syracuse University because it has a very good research lab and the offer came with $51,000 scholarship. I have always loved Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography.

“My hope is to study medicine for a second degree, but I would love to be a medical engineer. Most of the medical equipment in the country are imported and I would like a situation where medical equipment is manufactured here in Nigeria.

“My parents are my role models, but I am also inspired by anyone who is hard working, anyone who puts so much efforts into what they do,” she said.

A statement from the Vice-Principal, Dowen College, Mr. Muraina Olusesi, on Monday, said Omo-Lamai was the valedictorian of the school last year.

He said, “Alumni students of the school have continued to show the stuff they are made of in the world of academic excellence. Serena Omo-Lamai was our best graduating pupil in the 2014/2015 academic session and she has done it again.

“She secured admission to 13 universities across the globe, but she has settled for Syracuse University where she signed up to read Bio-Medical Engineering, with an annual scholarship of $56,000.

“Also, Daniel Obaseyi Buraimo, Class of 2010, graduated with First Class honours degree in Computer Science from the University of San Francisco, California, USA. According to the university, he is the first Nigerian to attain this height.”

http://punchng.com/nigerian-girl-17-secures-admission-13-universities/

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2016
We have the brains.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Affable0709(m): 7:58am On Aug 09, 2016
I thought I was brilliant. hmm

When it's even hard to get admission in just one Nigerian school...

Go girl.. you rock.

You inspire me.

13 Likes

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by jaymejate: 8:01am On Aug 09, 2016
Kini big deal?
Why she nor go run go overseas When she go don write Jamb taya.
As in Jamb is not standard, maybe jamb kept on failing her despite that she's brilliant.

*modified

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by nrexzy: 8:03am On Aug 09, 2016
Another Dora in the making..... more grease 2 ur elbow...

2 Likes

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 09, 2016
jaymejate:
Kini big deal?
Why she nor go run go overseas When she go do write Jamb taya
Jealousy nor good oo

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by decode55(m): 9:34am On Aug 09, 2016
Tagging her "nigerian"" would not make her nigerian in any way. Believe me, that bright young lady will never step foot in this country lest the system corrupts her with its filth.

Save yourselves the head and heart aches.

4 Likes

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Kruzilano(m): 9:47am On Aug 09, 2016
Nothing beats beauty with brain... Kudos youngster..

Btw . Which 1 be medical engineering again...

with the level of corruption in nigeria, if she had written jamb, she might have to resit. grin grin. The more reason I promise my future kids won't school in nigeria..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Lovelynature(m): 10:18am On Aug 09, 2016
Nice one
Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Sunnycliff(m): 10:19am On Aug 09, 2016
Did she apply for all of them at the same time?

If not, how did they give her admission with out application?
If actually she applied for them, is that not abnormal?

My concern is brain drift in this nation as she may not want to come back in Nigeria to practice!

4 Likes

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by elmisti(m): 10:20am On Aug 09, 2016
let her take one nd dash pple d rest........dropshot, nd lastmumu will be needing..... grin
Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by omusiliyu(m): 10:20am On Aug 09, 2016
Umu Yoruba ekele'm

1 Like

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Harmored(m): 10:20am On Aug 09, 2016
Ok nice one

20 Likes

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 09, 2016
grin
Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Lovexme(m): 10:21am On Aug 09, 2016
This is inspiring.
Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by MadCow1: 10:22am On Aug 09, 2016
I just came to see if UNIBEN was one of the Universities... angry angry angry angry

Thanks God its not.. Because UNIBEN is a Poultry masquerading as a University.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Mopolchi: 10:22am On Aug 09, 2016
okay
Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by elmisti(m): 10:22am On Aug 09, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Did she apply for all of them at the same time?

If not, how did they give her admission with our application.
If actually she applied for them, is that not abnormal?

oloyede shld employ you. u can ask jamb question well

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 09, 2016
lucjy pikin kiss
Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 09, 2016
Lucky pikin kiss
Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Harmored(m): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2016
MadCow1:
I just came to see if UNIBEN was one of the Universities... angry angry angry angry

I JUST SAW YOU ON TV cheesy

1 Like

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by eitsei(m): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2016
Wow... That's impressive
Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by neweraomo: 10:24am On Aug 09, 2016
That's what I called a baby girl undecidednot just some olosho on nairaland

7 Likes

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Dandeson1(m): 10:24am On Aug 09, 2016
Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Ugoeze2016: 10:24am On Aug 09, 2016
Congrats girl... Enough talk... we got the message.....send your children to Dowen College, Lekki, Lagos... shikena

6 Likes

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by adioolayi(m): 10:24am On Aug 09, 2016
some people including myself be like....Where is her WAEC result grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by mostyg(m): 10:25am On Aug 09, 2016
Congrats
Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 09, 2016
wow!! She got brains!! wink
Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 09, 2016
MadCow1:

O boy wetin UNIBEN do you naw... abi dose lecturers dea frustrate you ni.... grin

1 Like

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by MadCow1: 10:26am On Aug 09, 2016
Harmored:

I JUST SAW YOU ON TV cheesy

On Nigeria's Got Talent or X-Factor? grin grin grin

Re: Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo by Harmored(m): 10:26am On Aug 09, 2016
MadCow1:

On Nigeria's Got Talent or X-Factor? grin grin grin

ON ANIMAL PLANET cheesy grin

16 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Edo University, Iyamho, Stadium / Nairalander Just Signed Out From School In Style / Answer Script Of University Of Uyo Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.