Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale (35849 Views)

How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? / Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m / Innoson Launches Cars For Low And Middle Class Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by Sparkle777(f): 1:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=iwadobo post=48345098]

Honda quest ? [/quote

Abeg, sorry. Its Nissan jare. My bad.

1 Like

Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by k2kay(m): 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
Stealth100:

No sir, the car is 05, leather sit, V6, 116k mileage. I am based in Agege. call me(Bolaji) on 09092072508 let's talk.
Am currently in a state of indecision. How much is an 03, 04 and 05 Honda accord presently?
Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by Pylony(m): 10:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
Na we dey do we selves o.. As a country we're so religious, made in heaven but na so so fraudulant tricks full we head.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by Dereformer(m): 10:05pm On Dec 03, 2016
this thread made my evening.
Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by abdollar2020: 8:49am On Dec 24, 2017
I will not mine if this post is a year old.some seller are heartless they sell scrap cars tag as buy and drive.it cannot be possible for a 1999 model car to be seven month use even the deaf no that na lie.my brother bought a car recently tag as buy an drive for 350k and now he has spent close to 500k changing different parts.The useless mechanic that go with him did not certify the car properly because of greed he want to get money from the scrap car too.This are what my brother change in the car.

1. shafts,
2. ball joints,
3. radiator
4. fans
5. hubs
6. 4 tyres
7. brake pads
8. 4 doors
9. front bumper
10. brain box
11.compressor
12. condenser
13. dryer
14. key programming and more.
Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 25, 2017
abdollar2020:
I will not mine if this post is a year old.some seller are heartless they sell scrap cars tag as buy and drive.it cannot be possible for a 1999 model car to be seven month use even the deaf no that na lie.my brother bought a car recently tag as buy an drive for 350k and now he has spent close to 500k changing different parts.The useless mechanic that go with him did not certify the car properly because of greed he want to get money from the scrap car too.This are what my brother change in the car.

1. shafts,
2. ball joints,
3. radiator
4. fans
5. hubs
6. 4 tyres
7. brake pads
8. 4 doors
9. front bumper
10. brain box
11.compressor
12. condenser
13. dryer
14. key programming and more.

The manipulation of facts is from Agents/Dealers not from the owners. The Car Agent/Dealers are devil, only interested in making huge profits. All the adverts has common phrase 'buy and drive'. But the buy and drive in most cases means 'buy and drive' to Mechanic workshop. The wicked Agents/Dealers also engage in Mileage Rollback. Don't make your buying decisions based on mileage because they have been tampered with. One dealer in Ikeja has all the cars on display same range of mileage, that is between 70000 to 79000 even for 20 years old car. The amount of fraudulent activities perpetrated by Agents/dealers are unspeakable.

1 Like

Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by valarinz: 11:15am On Dec 26, 2017
Ehuatamuigunisi:

The manipulation of facts is from Agents/Dealers not from the owners. The Car Agent/Dealers are devil, only interested in making huge profits. All the adverts has common phrase 'buy and drive'. But the buy and drive in most cases means 'buy and drive' to Mechanic workshop. The wicked Agents/Dealers also engage in Mileage Rollback. Don't make your buying decisions based on mileage because they have been tampered with. One dealer in Ikeja has all the cars on display same range of mileage, that is between 70000 to 79000 even for 20 years old car. The amount of fraudulent activities perpetrated by Agents/dealers are unspeakable.

You know I used to be of the same mindset as you, until years back when I ventured into car sales and I'll tell you this : you buyers are the problem and not the sellers

If dealer tells you that "truth", then you'll 99% likely not buy the car, so what other option do they have? When you go to buy that car and you see the one with high mileage you'll run away and go to buy the one with "low mileage", irrespective of which of both cars is actually better

You buyers will call to enquire about a 2002 model naija used car and you'll be asking : "what's the mileage", WTF. More annoying is the fact that of you now bring in those ones that are clean with low mileage, you'll still want to buy it for peanuts

Majority of Nigerians don't want to pay for quality, they want to buy a perfect car for peanuts, and they'll go home to brag to their friends do about how smart they are. What u see in the auto industry is not peculiar to that industry alone, it's a byproduct of our naija society, so deal with it

Also, before you claim holy, state the industry where you work and I'll list 100 fraudulent , greedy and wicked things you do too in that field, Tnx

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:46pm On Dec 26, 2017
you can alway tell the truth, it will only take a little longer to sell.

From experience.

3 Likes

Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by nurey(m): 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
valarinz:

You know I used to be of the same mindset as you, until years back when I ventured into car sales and I'll tell you this : you buyers are the problem and not the sellers

If dealer tells you that "truth", then you'll 99% likely not buy the car, so what other option do they have? When you go to buy that car and you see the one with high mileage you'll run away and go to buy the one with "low mileage", irrespective of which of both cars is actually better

You buyers will call to enquire about a 2002 model naija used car and you'll be asking : "what's the mileage", WTF. More annoying is the fact that of you now bring in those ones that are clean with low mileage, you'll still want to buy it for peanuts

Majority of Nigerians don't want to pay for quality, they want to buy a perfect car for peanuts, and they'll go home to brag to their friends do about how smart they are. What u see in the auto industry is not peculiar to that industry alone, it's a byproduct of our naija society, so deal with it

Also, before you claim holy, state the industry where you work and I'll list 100 fraudulent , greedy and wicked things you do too in that field, Tnx

I am a P. I.M.P in the prostitution industry oya waiting for your 100list grin

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by valarinz: 2:45pm On Dec 26, 2017
nurey:

I am a P. I.M.P in the prostitution industry oya waiting for your 100list grin

Lol, just one item on the list :

1. HIV

cheesy grin grin

My challenge is not for u jare, I'm waiting for the "holy Nigerian" to come and state his biz, so we'll take it from there
Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by valarinz: 2:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
you can alway tell the truth, it will only take a little longer to sell.

From experience.

Not like I practise what he complained about though, but to be fair here, you're a "big boy", so u can afford to wait for that "little longer" period, not everyone can.

Besides, u already have a reputation, which helps u make sales 80% of the time, not to say it's only u, mine also help me sell my Volvo cars, but do u think it'll be the same for u if u relocated to where no one knows u and take a new identity, to sell same "not perfect" vehicle in the same time frame which u will sell with this same profile?

My point is , Nigerians too are very difficult people to do biz with when u want to follow that "100% truth" route, they'll frustrate u to the point of joining the bad gang.

NB : I don't care what any "holy" NLer has to say about me or the cars I sell, if you're looking for a "holy" dealer, don't click my ads, Tnx

1 Like

Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by tolulope855(m): 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2017
Person wan buy naija used golf 3, come dey ask me mileage. O boy, I was so vexed within me, though I didn't show it.
Maybe five engines don waka pass for that 1995 car, you don't know you come dey ask me mileage. Nonsense
Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by valarinz: 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
tolulope855:
Person wan buy naija used golf 3, come dey ask me mileage. O boy, I was so vexed within me, though I didn't show it.
Maybe five engines don waka pass for that 1995 car, you don't know you come dey ask me mileage. Nonsense

God bless you, that's exactly what I'm talking about

1 Like

Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by erico2k2(m): 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
tolulope855:
ahaha Mileage on golf 3 ahahah

3 Likes

Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by uwemjack(m): 8:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
nurey:
Well I am just actually here to say when a car was imported into the country does not necessarily matter. There are three tokunbo cars now in my estate that has been there like 2 to 4 years ago and have not been sold
1. The infiniti I30 variant of the Nissan you uploaded
2. Mazda exodus9/millenia 2000 V6
3. Acura mdx

The infiniti when I asked was said to be worth 400k that's after two years the owner didn't find a buyer, the car is still at that same spot with all 4 tires romancing the soil

Am in interested in Dat Mazda xedos
Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by nurey(m): 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
uwemjack:

Am in interested in Dat Mazda xedos

It's a rust bucket and the engine has been worked on. It's a disaster waiting to happen. It's currently in mechanic workshop under going cover up bojuboju works.

1 Like

Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by erico2k2(m): 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2017
nurey:

It's a rust bucket and the engine has been worked on. It's a disaster waiting to happen. It's currently in mechanic workshop under going cover up bojuboju works.
Bross which one be Bojuboju works? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by uwemjack(m): 11:46pm On Dec 26, 2017
nurey:

Thank you
Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by nurey(m): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2017
erico2k2:
Bross which one be Bojuboju works? grin grin grin
Identical to when you say I no get anything nah packaging
Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by erico2k2(m): 10:04am On Dec 27, 2017
nurey:

Identical to when you say I no get anything nah packaging
Oh you mean like buying IPhone 20 on getting home you find eba in the packaging ahahahaha
Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by nurey(m): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2017
erico2k2:

Oh you mean like buying IPhone 20 on getting home you find eba in the packaging ahahahaha

Yes ooo grin
Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by isoboyea(m): 9:44am On Dec 28, 2017
nurey:
Well I am just actually here to say when a car was imported into the country does not necessarily matter. There are three tokunbo cars now in my estate that has been there like 2 to 4 years ago and have not been sold
3. Acura mdx

The infiniti when I asked was said to be worth 400k that's after two years the owner didn't find a buyer, the car is still at that same spot with all 4 tires romancing the soil
is the Xedos still available? I just sold my Xedos 6 after 4 and half years with no engine issues. I wouldn't mind the Xedos 9 an upgrade to my protege I use only Mazda's. Kindly reply via mail adayea@gmail. Come.cheers
Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by nurey(m): 9:50am On Dec 28, 2017
isoboyea:
is the Xedos still available? I just sold my Xedos 6 after 4 and half years with no engine issues. I wouldn't mind the Xedos 9 an upgrade to my protege I use only Mazda's. Kindly reply via mail adayea@gmail. Come.cheers

Will you seriously buy a tokunbo car that has been on sale for 5years plus, the car is not in good condition I won't bother giving you contact, it's a rusted car already it's only good for spare parts.
Re: The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale by isoboyea(m): 11:24am On Dec 28, 2017
nurey:

Will you seriously buy a tokunbo car that has been on sale for 5years plus, the car is not in good condition I won't bother giving you contact, it's a rusted car already it's only good for spare parts.
[q
nurey:
thanks for being straight.I did not know it was that bad....cheers

Yes ooo grin
uote author=nurey post=48340835]Well I am just actually here to say when a car was imported into the country does not necessarily matter. There are three tokunbo cars now in my estate that has been there like 2 to 4 years ago and have not been sold
3. Acura mdx

The infiniti when I asked was said to be worth 400k that's after two years the owner didn't find a buyer, the car is still at that same spot with all 4 tires romancing the soil [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Most Expensive Police Car In Various Countries / My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday / Specially Constructed Vehicle Spotted In Benue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.