Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,599 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God (7728 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" / Jim Iyke Punch Prophet TB Joshua ''man Of God You Took Advantage Of Me'' / Why Do You Attack A God You Don't Believe In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by ValentineMary(m): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
Muafrika2:

Really? undecided

A covenant is an agreement that involves oath taking. Abraham is the person that with God, made a covenant. He was NOT the covenant.

The covenant was for his inheritance of Canaanites, which is why Michael descended on Jericho and all related Canaan cities with a blood bath. So Abraham's covenant is spent. Especially with Christ coming. He brokered a new covenant. New promises for the saints, and an inheritance of the principalities of all the earth. It's also open to more people, including rebellious ones like you. wink It's better, will be bloody very soon. grin

I hope I was clear enough.

Waw. So God gives short term covenants. Yet he is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Gombs(m): 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
Muafrika2:
Yes.

And I repeat the answer. .. again

I'll keep repeating for as long as you pretend to be dumb. I've got all the time undecided

You should go back to Sunday School.

See how you're embarrassing yourself. That God's covenant with Abraham is spent.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
ValentineMary:

Waw. So God gives short term covenants. Yet he is the same yesterday, today and forever.

These two parts of your sentence sound funny together.
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
Gombs:

See how you're embarrassing yourself. That God's covenant with Abraham is spent.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

You are working hard to make Christ's role in salvation diminished. That's why you are more combative than this atheist. You are no different. That's why I have no respect for your doctrine and your teacher. Insult me. I'll still gladly challenge your subtle deception.
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by ValentineMary(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
Muafrika2:

These two parts of your sentence sound funny together.
Because I brought out the contradiction in ur bible abi?
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
ValentineMary:

What's contradictory? undecided

What's the relation about God being the same person and him making covenants with two of his children? I think it actually shows consistency. He deals with covenants.
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by ValentineMary(m): 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
Muafrika2:

What's the relation about God being the same person and him making covenants with two of his children? I think it actually shows consistency. He deals with covenants.
I honestly feel xtians have an inborn trait not to be logical.

U are asking how does a covenant that changes affect the notion of a non changing God? Are u for real

1 Like

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Nobody: 2:44am On Aug 13, 2016
ValentineMary:

U are asking how does a covenant that changes affect the notion of a non changing God? Are u for real
Did u miss the part about the covenants being two, to two different people? Rhetorical question.

You just have a list of unreasonable points to make that you are forcing into issues here. So you want me to say God changed? I am trying hard to find your point.
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Gombs(m): 6:36am On Aug 13, 2016
Muafrika2:

Did u miss the part about the covenants being two, to two different people? Rhetorical question.

You just have a list of unreasonable points to make that you are forcing into issues here. So you want me to say God changed? I am trying hard to find your point.

You're the one being really ignorant. No doubt Jesus ushered in a new covenant, which I tried telling replaced the old one. However, both the old and new were ad a result of the one God had with Abraham.

You came here and said Abraham’s covenant is spent already, and Jesus was doing negotiations for us (I asked with who). grin grin

In simple English... Did God enter a covenant with Jesus? You seemingly are clueless about this... But anyways, the thread is simply saying you don't have a covenant with God... If you do, kindly let me know when and how.

Until then... Keep wallowing in ignorance. wink
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 13, 2016
Gombs:

You're the one being really ignorant. No doubt Jesus ushered in a new covenant, which I tried telling replaced the old one. However, both the old and new were ad a result of the one God had with Abraham.

You came here and said Abraham’s covenant is spent already, and Jesus was doing negotiations for us (I asked with who). grin grin

In simple English... Did God enter a covenant with Jesus? You seemingly are clueless about this... But anyways, the thread is simply saying you don't have a covenant with God... If you do, kindly let me know when and how.

You're still here.
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by petra1(m): 9:37am On Aug 13, 2016
@Gombs ,

The new covenant by the blood of christ is between who and who?
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Scholar8200(m): 10:33am On Aug 13, 2016
Gombs:
[size=18pt]We’re Children Of The Covenant [/size]

Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed (Acts 3:25).

One Bible character that’s been very popular and important through the ages is Abraham. What made him so relevant in God’s scheme of things? It’s the covenant God made with him. Abraham was God’s covenant friend. Now, I know there’re Christians who say they have a covenant with God. No, you don’t have any covenant with God. Abraham had a covenant with God, [size=18pt][b]but we’re not in that covenant.[/size] Who are we?
What?!
You are the children of those prophets, and [size=18pt]you are included in the covenant[/size] God promised to your ancestors. For God said to Abraham, 'Through your descendants all the families on earth will be blessed.'
Acts 3:25 NLT

What then? Remember Paul was here speaking to Israelites in a synagogue. Now your claims are contradicting both Paul and the Bible! Why would God enter into a covenant with Israel since they were supposedly 'children of covenant'

We’re the seed of Abraham: “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:26-29).

As Abraham’s seed, we’re the children of the covenant that God had with him. This is really amazing! Let me illustrate further. Imagine a husband and his wife in a marriage covenant. Would their child or children be part of their covenant? Absolutely not! Their child would be the product of the covenant.

Books have been written about our covenant with God, but really, we’re not in covenant with God. The danger of this misleading teaching is that while praying and trying to get results on the basis that you’re in covenant with God, you’re merely trying to get what you already have. And you’ll never get it that way. There’re things people pray and struggle for that shouldn’t be, if only they knew who they are, and their positioning in Christ. We’re [size=18pt]children[/size] of the covenant!

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/53#48349122

See, what of the OT and the Israelites (mind you they were biological descendants)? Did God not enter into covenant with them? Granted, the OT and NT are based on the Promise to Abraham, however, everyone had to play his part!

7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read in the hearing of the people; and they said, All that the Lord has said we will do, and we will be obedient.
8 And Moses took the [remaining half of the] blood and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the [size=18pt]covenant which the Lord has made with you[/size] in accordance with all these words.
Exodus 24:7,8

Remember all that God did was because of His promise to Abraham? Yet we see the Israelites coming into a covenant here.

Always test claims from a holistic perspective before running forward!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
ValentineMary:

Do u know how improbable genetically for Abraham to be ur father? undecided
Please don't think we can be thinking about the same thing.

I am talking about a divine nature while you are talking about human nature.

God is my father through christ Jesus, the seed of abraham. Abraham is the father OF FAITH of which I walk by faith. So all who walk by the faith of christ attracts all the promises made by God to abraham.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
ValentineMary:

An omniscient being choose Abraham as a covenant and later found out he was not good enough

In case u did not noticed, u just mocked ur God's intelligence.
You always like to ignore the truth and establish a laughable idea on a lie. But why are you insincere?

Sincerity was my way out of being an agnostic. Just be sincere!

who told you that abraham was not good enough?

Please, stop deluding yourself!

God made a covenant with abraham, of which his ETERNAL descendants were part of.

Now, God NEVER ABOLISHED the abrahamic covenants. If you have to prove otherwise, you can go ahead.

Under Abrahamic covenant, God freely gives his people UNCONDITIONALLY FOR THE SAKE OF ABRAHAM'S FAITH IN HIM and it was an ABSOLUTE GRACE. And this happen BEFORE the law. The law was asked by the Israelites then, and God gave them the law, which they agreed to keep UNCONDITIONALLY out of their (I think)self-righteous blindness. At the end of the day, all failed at keeping of the law. See, God knew they would fail, but BECAUSE they asked for it, God gave it to them.

When the law came, the dividends of the abrahamic covenant became CONDITIONAL. Because, you have to obey ALL to receive. And even if you keep all but one, you would receive a curse. Remember, they AGREED by themselves to take the responsibility of the law and it's curse.

So, because NO MAN can keep all, all men were under curse. Now, God in his mercy and love created an incarnate son of himself and MANIFESTED via mary TO TAKE AWAY THE PUNISHMENT AND CURSE OF THE LAW, by suffering for it ON OUR BEHALF. So, now whosoever that believes that his sins and curses(past, present and future) has been suffered by Jesus ON HIS BEHALF, shall be saved.

And through this faith, we have an UNCONDITIONAL FREE ACCESS to the beneficiary of the abrahamic covenant.

Hope you will get it.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
ValentineMary:

Please, that's falsehood!

Abrahamic covenant is not spent!

Mind you, this thread is christians and not atheist. For the purpose of settling misconceptions towards the gospel.

Don't be surprise about the disunity of understanding towards the scripture because it has nothing to do with it's authenticity.

No matter, how something is misunderstood, it is not a lie or a fairytale. So, no matter how darwin's last statement is misunderstood, it doesn't mean he didn't say it. Do you reason?

1 Like

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
Gombs:

Thanks for your time.

Cheers
I just wonder how some people can't read their bibles correctly before talking shit!
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2016
Muafrika2:

You are working hard to make Christ's role in salvation diminished. That's why you are more combative than this atheist. You are no different. That's why I have no respect for your doctrine and your teacher. Insult me. I'll still gladly challenge your subtle deception.

Please stop!

You have to understand what abrahamic covenant is and christ's role towards salvation.

God had a covenant with abraham, and not Jesus. As Jesus is the incarnate son of God.

But, bro you are really messing things up, and that atheist is here making fun of you.

Bro, wake up and start reading your bible!

2 Likes

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
ValentineMary:

Please, stop this delusion, it doesn't work that way!

Please, point out the contradiction you are talking about in our bible.

If what he said is contradicting with what the bible says, it is just his ignorance which shouldn't be taken serious. But, if the contradiction is between verse and verse, would you mind pointing it out?

1 Like

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
Muafrika2:

Please, stop this nonsense and know that God is logical!

Stop this, even if your logics fails. There are people who logically understands how our relationship with God is.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
ValentineMary:

You just love taking advantage of lie. Be sincere a little bit!
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
Gombs:

Old and new are products of abrahamic covenant.

The difference btw old and new is that the old was conditional via keeping of the law. In the new, the old was renewed by the abolishing of the law which made our dividend an UNCONDITIONAL one.

Under the law, it was conditional, under grace it was conditional.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
petra1:

@Gombs ,

The new covenant by the blood of christ is between who and who?
The new convenant is a RENEWED covenant between abraham and God. Through which we receive grace freely.
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
promise10:

Please, stop this nonsense and know that God is logical!

Stop this, even if your logics fails. There are people who logically understands how our relationship with God is.
Promise, sit out this one.
promise10:

Old and new are products of abrahamic covenant.
The difference btw old and new is that the old was conditional via keeping of the law. In the new, the old was renewed by the abolishing of the law which made our dividend an UNCONDITIONAL one.
Under the law, it was conditional, under grace it was conditional.

Where do you even get these statements that you generously throw around.
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
promise10:

Please stop!

You have to understand what abrahamic covenant is and christ's role towards salvation.

God had a covenant with abraham, and not Jesus. As Jesus is the incarnate son of God.

But, bro you are really messing things up, and that atheist is here making fun of you.

Bro, wake up and start reading your bible!

You're the girl who never refers to scripture. Nice to have you back. But I know where this discussion is going. At least an atheist can misquote a bit of scripture.
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
Muafrika2:

You're the girl who never refers to scripture. Nice to have you back. But I know where this discussion is going. At least an atheist can misquote a bit of scripture.
Lol, this guy you must be kidding.

Anyway, I am not a girl.

This is kinda funny to me.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
Muafrika2:

Promise, sit out this one.

Where do you even get these statements that you generously throw around.
That's why I said you should start reading your bible.
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
promise10:

That's why I said you should start reading your bible.
Let's forget this bible reading thing.

promise10:

Lol, this guy you must be kidding.

Anyway, I am not a girl.

This is kinda funny to me.

shocked

Then you must have a twin. But why does your name sound so girly? undecided
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by promise10: 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
Muafrika2:

shocked

Lol

We don't have to forget the bible reading thing because it is our bone of contention.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
Muafrika2:

shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't know what you mean grin grin

Am trying to bully my girlfriend here. cheesy
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
promise10:

Lol

We don't have to forget the bible reading thing because it is our bone of contention.

It's no use. I'll just ask you to substantiate all the points you've made with scripture, to which you will respond with more unsubstantiated statement and exclamations. And it will be a vicious cycle. We've done this before undecided
Re: We’re Not In Covenant With God - You Don't Have A Covenant With God by donnie(m): 8:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
Muafrika2:

It's no use. I'll just ask you to substantiate all the points you've made with scripture, to which you will respond with more unsubstantiated statement and exclamations. And it will be a vicious cycle. We've done this before undecided

I have read through posts by promise10 and found them to be scripturally accurate. Its easy to see if you are a bible student.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World / What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? / Pope Declares Seat Of Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Catholic Diocese Vacant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.