Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe (27035 Views)

Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. / Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by Jakes234: 12:14pm On Aug 10, 2016
Will I get MSc Admission Abroad with HND or 3rd Class?

Though it is quite difficult to get universities that accepts HND and Third-class for direct admission to master’s degree program, but if well researched you will realize that there are schools in different parts of the world that offers direct master’s degree admission to HND and Third Class holders.

In UK, some institutions may grant you direct admission with HND, while some will ask you to do a Pre-Masters or Post Graduate Diploma to proceed to a Masters.

As For US, According to Dr. Farooq Kperogi a professor, author, and blogger based in the USA, he indicated on his blog that HND is treated almost exactly like a bachelor’s degree in the US.

An Associate degree is an undergraduate academic degree awarded by colleges and universities upon completion of a course of study lasting two years. It's less than a BSc, it’s in my opinion the equivalent of OND, from all readings. While your HND is treated almost exactly like a bachelor’s degree, your OND is equivalent to what they call Associate degree.

Because US universities are likely to place a lot more emphasis on your GMAT/GRE scores, you are most likely to get admission into a Masters if you have an HND PLUS High GMAT/GRE scores. In the US, as an HND holder your chances are better with a High GMAT/GRE score than that of a 2.1 Student with low GMAT/GRE. Depending on the institution, I might add.

For Canada, as of the time of this article, their institutions do not accept HND nor Third Class directly into Master’s program. But the good news is, you can use your HND or 3rd Class BSc to gain admission into a post-graduate diploma, post-degree certificate or an advanced certificate program and then progress unto a Masters after completion.

As an HND or 3rd Class Bsc Holder, you can also pursue a BSc in Canada. If you choose this option, some courses can be waived for you, so that you only spend about 2-3 years to gain your Bsc in Canada.

The Second Million Naira Question is:

Must I write a TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, GRE etc.?

Most of the institutions we refer you to will exempt you from TOEFL/IELTS. Some will also exempt you from GMAT/GRE. However, if you want to keep your chances of admission wide open so you have more choices and offers, then it's best for you to write the TOEFL/IELTS and GMAT/GRE Exams. These exams are usually valid for presentation to your chosen institution of learning for up to 2 years.

The 3rd and Final Question is about Age

Question like – I am over 40 years old, can I apply for a Post Graduate Diploma in Canada? Or put in another way, I am over 40 years old, will I get a student visa to study a Post Graduate Diploma in Canada?

Again, it depends.

On the surface, there appears to be nothing on the embassy websites indicating age restrictions on study permits in Canada other than you need to be 18 to apply or else your parents/guardian need to apply for you.

However, applications from individuals approaching 30 to 40 and above could be subject to additional scrutiny to ensure that you will fulfill the requirement to leave the country when your study permit expires.

The point is, you will be required to submit convincing evidence that will strengthen your application if there is any gap after your last study. You'll have to submit exhaustive evidence of what you have done during the gap period up to the present.

Because, let's face it. At 30 approaching 40 or above, you have some sort of background, education, have done some sort of work, and have some history pertaining to education, work, means of income etc. So the question would be – Why now? Why are you returning to school now and why have you chosen the course you want to study?

If you continued your studies but have not graduated, were employed, or did some sort of charity, or travelled or were involved in self education etc, your need to provide STRONG and CONVINCING evidence to support your application for a study permit. These include (transcripts, letter of appointment, letter from employer, pay slips, ID cards, photographs, receipts etc)

Below is a chart, you can use in making decisions about your length of study and entry requirements into programs offered by institutions in Canada, it's by no means exhaustive, but should give you an idea of what to expect when applying.

Decision Chart: Canada Program Lengths and Entry Requirement

* Certificate 1 year program – OND/HND
* Diploma 2 year program – HND
* Advanced Diploma 3 year program – HND
* Degree 4 year program – WAEC
* Post-Graduate studies 1 year program – 3rd, 2nd Class
* Master 2 year program – 2.1
* Doctoral 3 – 4 year program – Masters, 2.1

Study Work Permits
When you get your admission and study permit with your HND/3rd Class, as a student, you are entitled to work for 20 hours per week during academic session but you can work as much as you want during holidays.

Post-Study Work Permit
You will be entitled to a 1 year working permit in Canada after completing one academic year program or a 3 year work permit after you have completed a 2 year or more academic program in Canada.

Residence Permit
You can also apply for a residence permit after you have completed 12 months of full time work in professional or skilled job. You'll do well to consult the Canadian Official website for more information on this.

Other Cheaper Options in Europe

If you cannot afford the tuition fees being charged in Canada and USA, we have good universities in Europe that charges affordable tuition. The universities offer direct masters degree admission to HND and Third Class Students and their tuition fee is around $1500 to $2000 per semester. Once you are done with your masters degree.

For Information and Guidance on Application Processing,

You can contact our counsellor on info@jakesembassy.com or +234 808 3739 204 to update and guidance on how to process the admission.

Information is power. Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by saintkel(m): 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
Front page material not abt boobs n curves

2 Likes

Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by tabisegroup(m): 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
Good news
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by Ab025(m): 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
@op.......how about scholarship?
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by Jakes234: 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2016
@Ab025

Your grade determines the possibility of getting scholarship or not. Different universities have different entry requirement. But there is no harm in contacting the universities to see what they have. But the universities in Europe are more affordable than their US or Canadian counterpart.
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by GREcoach: 5:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
Id like to start by saying i fiished with a Third Class. However, upon taking GREand having a score of 303 as well as 4/6 in the Analytical Writing. i currently teach and prepare candidates for GRE while im currently processing my admission.

Im aware that the odds against the average Nigerian Student are quite unevenl distributed due to the inconsistent internet access as well as other factors.

GRE hit me a a time when really had no fall back option, hence i gave it my best and went all out within my limited preparation time. i was able to acheive a score above 300 out of 340 (Combaine Quant and Verbal) as well as a score of 4 out of 6 in the Analtical Writing Section.

Haven gotten two Admission offers already, i decided to give back by teaching candidates how to beat ETD gre by preparing he GRE way.

Im open to questions as well as consultations.

Once again pls, this is not a job advert but simply an olive branch to anyone needing help or clarification regarding Blasting the GRE.

11 Likes

Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by GREcoach: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
Id like to start by saying i fiished with a Third Class. However, upon taking GREand having a score of 303 as well as 4/6 in the Analytical Writing. i currently teach and prepare candidates for GRE while im currently processing my admission.

Im aware that the odds against the average Nigerian Student are quite unevenl distributed due to the inconsistent internet access as well as other factors.

GRE hit me a a time when really had no fall back option, hence i gave it my best and went all out within my limited preparation time. i was able to acheive a score above 300 out of 340 (Combaine Quant and Verbal) as well as a score of 4 out of 6 in the Analtical Writing Section.

Haven gotten two Admission offers already, i decided to give back by teaching candidates how to beat ETD gre by preparing he GRE way.

Once again pls, this is not a job advert but simply an olive branch to anyone needing help or clarification regarding Blasting the GRE.

Feel free to reach out (da.zx@outlook.com)
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by somehowpenis(m): 10:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
GREcoach:

bro message me on Whatsapp on +2349091576655 , would want to have a lengthy talk with you, or you could drop any contact of yours I can reach you by...
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by strongtech2(m): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
somehowpenis:
bro message me on Whatsapp on +2349091576655 , would want to have a lengthy talk with you, or you could drop any contact of yours I can reach you by...
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by akaiconcepts(m): 3:54am On Jan 03, 2017
GRE Coach am also interested. How can I contact u?
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by Philistine(m): 4:39am On Jan 03, 2017
Very informative piece of advice
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by bryand: 4:08pm On Feb 05, 2017
Please contact me on WhatsApp: +2348133300600 ...I want to know the requirements for the GRE test... Thanks!
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by shinkszee01(f): 11:57am On May 13, 2017
GRE coach pls contact me on 07035140985 please I really need to talk to u please
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by omoluka: 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2017
Jakes234:

Will I get MSc Admission Abroad with HND or 3rd Class?

Though it is quite difficult to get universities that accepts HND and Third-class for direct admission to master’s degree program, but if well researched you will realize that there are schools in different parts of the world that offers direct master’s degree admission to HND and Third Class holders.

In UK, some institutions may grant you direct admission with HND, while some will ask you to do a Pre-Masters or Post Graduate Diploma to proceed to a Masters.

As For US, According to Dr. Farooq Kperogi a professor, author, and blogger based in the USA, he indicated on his blog that HND is treated almost exactly like a bachelor’s degree in the US.

An Associate degree is an undergraduate academic degree awarded by colleges and universities upon completion of a course of study lasting two years. It's less than a BSc, it’s in my opinion the equivalent of OND, from all readings. While your HND is treated almost exactly like a bachelor’s degree, your OND is equivalent to what they call Associate degree.

Because US universities are likely to place a lot more emphasis on your GMAT/GRE scores, you are most likely to get admission into a Masters if you have an HND PLUS High GMAT/GRE scores. In the US, as an HND holder your chances are better with a High GMAT/GRE score than that of a 2.1 Student with low GMAT/GRE. Depending on the institution, I might add.

For Canada, as of the time of this article, their institutions do not accept HND nor Third Class directly into Master’s program. But the good news is, you can use your HND or 3rd Class BSc to gain admission into a post-graduate diploma, post-degree certificate or an advanced certificate program and then progress unto a Masters after completion.

As an HND or 3rd Class Bsc Holder, you can also pursue a BSc in Canada. If you choose this option, some courses can be waived for you, so that you only spend about 2-3 years to gain your Bsc in Canada.

The Second Million Naira Question is:

Must I write a TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, GRE etc.?

Most of the institutions we refer you to will exempt you from TOEFL/IELTS. Some will also exempt you from GMAT/GRE. However, if you want to keep your chances of admission wide open so you have more choices and offers, then it's best for you to write the TOEFL/IELTS and GMAT/GRE Exams. These exams are usually valid for presentation to your chosen institution of learning for up to 2 years.

The 3rd and Final Question is about Age

Question like – I am over 40 years old, can I apply for a Post Graduate Diploma in Canada? Or put in another way, I am over 40 years old, will I get a student visa to study a Post Graduate Diploma in Canada?

Again, it depends.

On the surface, there appears to be nothing on the embassy websites indicating age restrictions on study permits in Canada other than you need to be 18 to apply or else your parents/guardian need to apply for you.

However, applications from individuals approaching 30 to 40 and above could be subject to additional scrutiny to ensure that you will fulfill the requirement to leave the country when your study permit expires.

The point is, you will be required to submit convincing evidence that will strengthen your application if there is any gap after your last study. You'll have to submit exhaustive evidence of what you have done during the gap period up to the present.

Because, let's face it. At 30 approaching 40 or above, you have some sort of background, education, have done some sort of work, and have some history pertaining to education, work, means of income etc. So the question would be – Why now? Why are you returning to school now and why have you chosen the course you want to study?

If you continued your studies but have not graduated, were employed, or did some sort of charity, or travelled or were involved in self education etc, your need to provide STRONG and CONVINCING evidence to support your application for a study permit. These include (transcripts, letter of appointment, letter from employer, pay slips, ID cards, photographs, receipts etc)

Below is a chart, you can use in making decisions about your length of study and entry requirements into programs offered by institutions in Canada, it's by no means exhaustive, but should give you an idea of what to expect when applying.

Decision Chart: Canada Program Lengths and Entry Requirement

* Certificate 1 year program – OND/HND
* Diploma 2 year program – HND
* Advanced Diploma 3 year program – HND
* Degree 4 year program – WAEC
* Post-Graduate studies 1 year program – 3rd, 2nd Class
* Master 2 year program – 2.1
* Doctoral 3 – 4 year program – Masters, 2.1

Study Work Permits
When you get your admission and study permit with your HND/3rd Class, as a student, you are entitled to work for 20 hours per week during academic session but you can work as much as you want during holidays.

Post-Study Work Permit
You will be entitled to a 1 year working permit in Canada after completing one academic year program or a 3 year work permit after you have completed a 2 year or more academic program in Canada.

Residence Permit
You can also apply for a residence permit after you have completed 12 months of full time work in professional or skilled job. You'll do well to consult the Canadian Official website for more information on this.

Other Cheaper Options in Europe

If you cannot afford the tuition fees being charged in Canada and USA, we have good universities in Europe that charges affordable tuition. The universities offer direct masters degree admission to HND and Third Class Students and their tuition fee is around $1500 to $2000 per semester. Once you are done with your masters degree.

For Information and Guidance on Application Processing,

You can contact our counsellor on info@jakesembassy.com or +234 808 3739 204 to update and guidance on how to process the admission.

Information is power. Thank you

Do you know any good school with affordable tuition fees in US /Canada?

1 Like

Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by jerryamhenrior: 9:11am On Dec 26, 2017
Am interested coach. Hit me up 07032896164
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by carbon1224(m): 8:48am On Dec 29, 2017
Please I need cheaper schools in Europe where I can school and work . Post graduate or master
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by RANSOBAYO50(f): 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2018
please GMAT coach, I'm interested too 08169436467, reach me on whatsapp
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by alfarouq(m): 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
Abeg, Dan Allah, ejo I am interested too
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by babatee90(m): 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
Can you pls message me on whatsapp? 09051577703
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by Izeamos: 12:37am On Sep 18, 2018
Hello please how can I reach you for further discussion?
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by youngsahito(m): 3:55pm On Nov 15, 2018
GREcoach:

how were u able to get the scholarship?
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by Emmalondon: 12:10am On Dec 04, 2018
GREcoach:

Hello, please i would really like to speak to you because I'm in a similar situation right now. I have someone in the US who is willing to sponsor me for my Msc studies but the thing is that i graduated with a third class degree. Please can we discuss because i really need information on what i should do. My email address is thumpmike13@gmail.com. Please send me a mail so that we can talk more from there. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by romeo411(m): 3:09am On Jan 27, 2019
GREcoach:

Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by romeo411(m): 3:11am On Jan 27, 2019
GREcoach:

pls can whatsapp me on that number I really need your help.
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by cephasA1: 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2019
kindly chat me up cause I really need this and it seems you have the information I need......
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by eboniest(f): 7:45am On May 14, 2019
Pls GRE coach kindly contact me on WhatsApp 07013462338,I need to talk to you
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by Raindrops13: 3:28pm On May 22, 2019
@GREcoach hit me up on kaynetty13@gmail.com
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by Azufire1: 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2019
Grecoach, I need this, here is my whatsapp no. 08132681870
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by osothermal(m): 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2020
GREcoach:

please assist me my email address osothermal@gmail.com
Re: HND And Third Class Students Can Study And Work In USA, Canada And Europe by Oxide147(m): 7:12am On Apr 11, 2020
Please I'm interested. This is my Phone/WhatsApp number 07036190685. Thank You.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU Gives Least Acceptable Conditions To End Strike / KWASU VC, Prof Akanbi Is Dead / Latest Webometrics Ranking For Nigerian Universities July 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.