Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... (4053 Views)

Two Buildings On Fire At Nkwor Ogbe Market, Ihiala Anambra State / 3 Buildings Housing 81 Police Families To Be Demolished In Lagos / 10 Object-shaped Buildings From Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by aresssa: 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
[b]Lagos State Government yesterday, said it would henceforth confiscate any structure used as hideouts by kidnappers and other criminals in the state.

This came as the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, charged traditional rulers and residents of the state to be alert in the face of upsurge in kidnapping and other crimes in the state.

The Oba’s warning came barely four days after the Oniba of Iba land, Oba Yushau Oseni regained freedom three weeks after his abduction.

Akiolu, who led the Council of Obas on a visit to Ambode at the State House, warned that the rate of insecurity in the country demanded that traditional rulers rearranged their security architecture to nip crime in the bud.

Meanwhile, Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, while briefing on the outcome of the State Security Council meeting presided over by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, said government was determined to flush out kidnappers and militants from the state.

According to him, “The security council meeting is for us to look at the strategies that we will be employing in tackling the crime challenges that we have in the state and to further come up with strategies of sustaining those measures that will put criminal elements in check. The security council wants to let our people know that the state is more poised to tackling all criminal activities and making sure that all the criminal elements in the state will not be allowed the freedom to practice any criminal act.

“That there is no hiding place for criminal elements. In addition to that, it has been resolved that any structure, building or any places that criminal elements are using in the state will be confiscated. The state will not hesitate in the interest of public to take over those safe havens, structures or houses that these criminal elements are using as hidden places to perpetrate their activities.”

Speaking during the meeting, Ambode said at the initial stage when the Oba was kidnapped, it appeared as if government was not doing anything, noting that, that was not actually the case.

According to him, “It was not just a sacrilege in Yoruba land, but the traditional institution was indeed desecrated. So, we needed to dig into what really happened to reach a logical conclusion. I want to thank the Oba of Lagos and all of you that showed concern and support. This kind of thing must not happen in our land again. We will now pay greater attention collectively to the security of our traditional rulers.”[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/lagos-impound-buildings-hotels-used-kidnapping/

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by aresssa: 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
I support this move 101%

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by onnenka: 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2016
Lagos following the footsteps of Anambra. Anambra started doing this 4 years ago and it helped in drastically bringing down the rate of crime there
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by onnenka: 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2016
They had to wait until one of Tinubu's boys was kidnapped before they took action.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by matrixme(m): 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2016
onnenka:
Lagos following the footsteps of Anambra. Anambra started doing this 4 years ago and it helped in drastically bringing down the rate of crime there
is it not the same ones from (insert x here) that possibly migrated down south due to recession? Taking advantage of our benevolence.
Hardworking Ugwu exporters. Let LASG sieze away, we will see whose horses are gored. Most Yoruba landlord's won't allow such evil underneath their roofs.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by onnenka: 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
matrixme:

is it not the same ones from (insert x here) that possibly migrated down south due to recession? Taking advantage of our benevolence.
Hardworking Ugwu exporters. Let LASG sieze away, we will see whose horses are gored. Most Yoruba landlord's won't allow such evil underneath their roofs.
Vanguard learnt on Sunday, that the leader of the militant gang known as Duba Furejo, AKA, General Duba, a native of Arogbo in Ese-Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State, was arrested 5: pm on Saturday, by operatives of the IRT led by CSP Abba Kyari, at Iyana-School area of Iba, while trying to flee to his home town in Ondo State.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/we-got-n12m-as-ransom-before-releasing-oniba-of-ibaland-suspected-kidnappers/

8 Likes

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by Talius(m): 6:33am On Aug 11, 2016
Lagos, always hoping to increase its landed properties.

Meanwhile, today's my birthday, it won't hurt you all to wish me a happy birthday.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by StartNowNG: 6:33am On Aug 11, 2016
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by veekid(m): 6:33am On Aug 11, 2016
Go ahead Mr ambo
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by Batlan01: 6:34am On Aug 11, 2016
grin Very good

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by rabex123(m): 6:35am On Aug 11, 2016
Good one..people neva see house live..odas dey use am for kidnapping.
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by gist4kidsblog: 6:39am On Aug 11, 2016
wink wink wink
ambode is working grin grin

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by emmanuelbrown26: 6:40am On Aug 11, 2016
Welcome development, lets join hands together and fight this menace in our society, our problem in this country is that we live an i-dun-care life style which has eaten deep into our born marrow
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by Lightening: 6:43am On Aug 11, 2016
onnenka:

Vanguard learnt on Sunday, that the leader of the militant gang known as Duba Furejo, AKA, General Duba, a native of Arogbo in Ese-Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State, was arrested 5: pm on Saturday, by operatives of the IRT led by CSP Abba Kyari, at Iyana-School area of Iba, while trying to flee to his home town in Ondo State.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/we-got-n12m-as-ransom-before-releasing-oniba-of-ibaland-suspected-kidnappers/

@matrixme
You refuse to eat your dinner here o. I am serving it afresh for breakfast.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by justicejay(m): 6:45am On Aug 11, 2016
Nice move.
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by Young03(m): 6:50am On Aug 11, 2016
its the way 4wd
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by free2ryhme: 6:52am On Aug 11, 2016
Good one
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by free2ryhme: 6:54am On Aug 11, 2016
What pains me most is that other people have been kidnapped and nothing like this was ever mentioned

Until it was one of their own, abi

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by gbadexy(m): 7:05am On Aug 11, 2016
Good move if the property belongs to the criminals.
What if it was rented or leased without knowledge of the owner.
I think the neighbors should rather be quizzed and with possibility of imprisonment if found to withhold information to the authority.
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by lonelydora: 7:06am On Aug 11, 2016
A welcome development.
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by armadeo(m): 7:14am On Aug 11, 2016
"I didn't know, I didn't know" would be the cries that rend through the air as the bulldozers do what they do best bulldoze.

Ignorance is no excuse.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by nevilbot: 7:15am On Aug 11, 2016
onnenka:

I am not a tribalist but I need to educate you cus I know d message u are trying to pass across. And as an ondo indigene from ilaje LGA, I need to explain to u wat u don't know.

Now d riverine area of ondo used to av ijaw minority groups and d LGA den was ilaje ese odo LGA until war broke out BTW both tribes in 1999/2000. D war lasted close to a year and my grandmum only escaped death by whiskers. After d war and as a form of reconciliation, d LGA was splited into two namely ilaje LGA with headquarters in igbokoda for d Yoruba speaking ilajes and ESE odo LGA for d ijaws with headquarters in arogbo. Now these ijaws were migrants who had been accommodated over time by d ilajes due to the well known welcoming spirit of almost all Yoruba tribes.

So that is why u can see an ijaw man claiming ondo state but that does not make him a Yoruba indigene. Even till tomorrow, news on d ondo state TV station is read in d ijaw language. And it is these ijaws who av shown to be violent severally that are now d militants terrorizing Lagos that d news is referring to. Even from his name it is obvious he is not an ilaje Yoruba or from any Yoruba tribe.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by onnenka: 7:20am On Aug 11, 2016
nevilbot:

[s]I am not a tribalist but I need to educate you cus I know d message u are trying to pass across. And as an ondo indigene from ilaje LGA, I need to explain to u wat u don't know.

Now d riverine area of ondo used to av ijaw minority groups and d LGA den was ilaje ese odo LGA until war broke out BTW both tribes in 1999/2000. D war lasted close to a year and my grandmum only escaped death by whiskers. After d war and as a form of reconciliation, d LGA was splited into two namely ilaje LGA with headquarters in igbokoda for d Yoruba speaking ilajes and ESE odo LGA for d ijaws with headquarters in arogbo. Now these ijaws were migrants who had been accommodated over time by d ilajes due to the well known welcoming spirit of almost all Yoruba tribes.

So that is why u can see an ijaw man claiming ondo state but that does not make him a Yoruba indigene. Even till tomorrow, news on d ondo state TV station is read in d ijaw language. And it is these ijaws who av shown to be violent severally that are now d militants terrorizing Lagos that d news is referring to. Even from his name it is obvious he is not an ilaje Yoruba or from any Yoruba tribe.[/s]

Bollocks

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by Pavore9: 7:28am On Aug 11, 2016
Vigilance is the watchword.
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by nevilbot: 7:29am On Aug 11, 2016
onnenka:
Bollocks

Well, I know ur type and I won't exchange words with u. Enjoy ur security in ur tribal mansion, when d chickens come to roost no tribe will be spared d effect. Especially those from d tribes that rejoice at d mention of evil. When d sky falls no be only one person go see am. Have a nice day ahead

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by ba7man(m): 7:33am On Aug 11, 2016
onnenka:
Bollocks
If it speaks Ijaw and it has an Ijaw name, it is an Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by tammie24: 7:37am On Aug 11, 2016
Very good!
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by Generalkorex(m): 7:54am On Aug 11, 2016
Copy copy
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by ceejay80s(m): 9:00am On Aug 11, 2016
Because dem kidnap one of their own na him the rusted roof republic and agojédijédi drinkng oba come remember say dem go seize houses wey dey hide kidnappers and their victims?
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by basadenet: 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
100% supported. it has been done by some states, so it is in order.
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by matrixme(m): 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
onnenka:

http://punchng.com/five-businessmen-gang-rape-customer-demand-n2m/
wake me up when a couple of Yoruba boys gang up to perpetuate a crime in Onitsha or Aba
Re: Lagos To Impound Buildings, Hotels Used For Kidnapping... by otokx(m): 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
The same should be extended to Rivers State especially Obio Akpor and Ikwerre local areas.

(1) (Reply)

50 Room Female Hostel For Sale (with Pics) / A Plot Of Land closer to Bus stop At Ipaja Lagos N8m / SOLD! SOLD!! DISTRESS SALE Block Of 4 Flats Available For 7.8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.