Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,991 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:01 AM

Hunger In The Land Family Disgraced For Stealing Pot Of Soup In Abuja - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hunger In The Land Family Disgraced For Stealing Pot Of Soup In Abuja (559 Views)

Ewedu Soup Kills Policeman, His Pregnant Wife, Entire Family, 2 Dogs In Kaduna / Lady Publicly Disgraced For Snatching People's Husband In Sapele / My Father Threw Away My Pot Of Soup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hunger In The Land Family Disgraced For Stealing Pot Of Soup In Abuja by Slynonny(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
Serious hunger has pushed a man to steal
a pot of soup so that his starving children
can have something to eat.
It was a show of shame as a man
and his two children were nabbed
after they allegedly stole a pot of
'Ogbono' soup » which one of their
neighbours was cooking in the
Mpapae area of Abuja, the Federal
Capital Territory.

According to eyewitnesses, the incident which
happened along Mashafa road in the area, threw
everyone in shock after the owner of the stolen
soup identified only as Femi, was stunned to find
out that the steaming pot of soup he had left
on the fire had gone missing » after he
stepped into his house to get some salt.
He decided to go round some of his neighbour's
apartments to see if anyone of them had seen
who took his soup, only to find the man and his
children eating the Ogbobo soup.
Narrating what he saw, Femi said he was too
stunned to say a word at first but watched as the
family ate the soup with 'fufu' they must have
brought along with them.
“I was cooking in the compound and went into
the room to get salt; that was when they took
the pot of soup and before I could ask, they were
already eating the soup with their akpu.
I was even touched after the father apologised,
saying they were hungry and had nothing to
eat."
"I had no choice than to leave them with it, but
they should not have taken everything. The
thing pained me seriously because I am also
managing and had to look for the money for that
soup and they just took everything.
I only told them to return the pot after they had
helped themselves with its content."

pulse.ng/gist/hunger-in-the-land-family-disgraced-for-stealing-pot-of-soup-in-abuja-id5330359.html
Re: Hunger In The Land Family Disgraced For Stealing Pot Of Soup In Abuja by Acidosis(m): 9:51am On Aug 11, 2016
Na wa o!

You will never hear these disheartening stories in the rural areas. There is sympathy in the rural areas, people don't sleep under bridges in the village, nobody run after buses, nobody steals. Youth Corp members, and complete strangers sometimes get free accommodation in the rural places because the people are compassionate.

What am I driving at? The cities should be depopulated. Many people struggle to pay rent in the city, yet they have free and empty family houses in the village, coupled with free and large acres of farm land.

It is better to live large as a farmer in the village, than steal ogbono soup in the city. Something needs to be done, especially now that globalisation has broken all the communication gaps. With ordinary N10,000 DSTV, you can stay in the village, run your e-business, and KNOW much more about everything than those in Aso Rock.

The NOA should engage in a serious orientation.
Re: Hunger In The Land Family Disgraced For Stealing Pot Of Soup In Abuja by Imithea(f): 10:52am On Aug 11, 2016
Terrible things we do to survive.

(1) (Reply)

Read This And Change A Life Today!! (pic) / Poll: Which Would Make A Better Wife? / What MMM Need To Do For Members To Benefit Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.