Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account (16642 Views)

Mayowa Ahmed Of #SaveMayowa Is Dead / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Babymyne: 8:50am On Aug 11, 2016
these bloggers need to get their information right before blogging. it's embarrassing honestly. at least we now know it's not every time Nigerians are fraudulent.
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 11, 2016
Great. I am very sure that those who helped the family raised the money wanted some shares of the money for job weldone and wanted to take total control of the expenses which the family refused. That was the beginning of the accusations. I don't know if any good family that has been supportive from day one,sold almost all their belongings just to.make sure that their daughter get best medical attention will now want to cheat themselves .just because certain doctors said she can't survive her sickness does not mean they will fold their arms now that they get some extra cash to further the treatment. I believe the family 100%.I wish her miraculous recovery.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by MSItachi: 8:52am On Aug 11, 2016
I knew there was more to it
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Organizer111222(m): 8:54am On Aug 11, 2016
Proffdada:
Some people giving blogging bad name should be arrested for false accusation and defamation of character undecided

LINDA IKEJI OR IKETA should be sued for defamation of character and made to pay through her nose for putting mayowa and her family into more trauma by circulating fake stories on the social media. NIGERIA BLOGGERS ARE SOCIAL MEDIA BEGGARS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by dacovajnr: 8:55am On Aug 11, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Linda Ikeji has to appologise to Mayowa.

I wish her speedy recovery!

And you think that smelly kitty cares? undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by keepingmum: 8:57am On Aug 11, 2016
This case has never being about Mayowa's illness....its always being about how far gone she was; was the cancer treatable ie (stage 1 & 2), or was it at stage 4 where palliative care would be required....in which case flying her abroad would be unnecessary stress and detrimental to her...,,,

It was also about transparency and accountability of the funds donated for her treatment.

IMO, Linda Ikeji did not lie, Toyin did not lie, Mayowa did not lie, Mayowa's family did not lie however the family distorted the facts.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by deb(m): 8:57am On Aug 11, 2016
adioolayi:
Linda Ikeji ...SHAME!

Toyin Aimaku ...SHAME!

I agree on Linda Ikeji that she is a shame to the society for her lies.

However, I disagree on Toyin Aimaku, she seemed to have had the genuine interest of Mayowa initially until her mind was poisoned about the scam allegation. Being an uncivilized person that most of the Yoruba actors usually are, she went about her reaction in an uncultured and uncivilized manner; and without getting much fact started reeling out her emotions & talking with the two sides of her mouth.

She eventually made herself a subject of ridicule. But she actually meant well and still helped the girl raised a lot of money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by shamecurls(m): 8:58am On Aug 11, 2016
MetaHuman:
Henceforth, im Not gonna take anything from linbaikeji blog seriously.

Turns out she is just another hungry blogger with fake news but privileged to make money from dishing out fake news.

grin grin grin

What do you expect from creatures you visit dressed up in gears

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Ursino(f): 9:15am On Aug 11, 2016
You see what i was talking about? God is always there for His people.

Linda Ikeji how market? Toyin how far naaaw?
E don dey clear small small.
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by daywatcher: 9:18am On Aug 11, 2016
Ursino:
You see what i was talking about? God is always there for His people.

Linda Ikeji how market? Toyin how far naaaw?
E don dey clear small small.

It is the same God that you are involving that Toyin and Linda pray to
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by prinsam30: 9:18am On Aug 11, 2016
in Sunny Nneji voice......
Wahala Carry Handbag ooooo Wahala, Ololo, wahala
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by hefelove(m): 9:37am On Aug 11, 2016
I been dey ask myself about this lady health wen it seems like the story just die down like that please let's pray for her o
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Orikinla(m): 9:40am On Aug 11, 2016
[size=20pt]When people see money, they show you their greed.

The "Good Samaritans" never expected to see the huge amount raised by generous donors and so became envious.

There is one thing about poor people and that is the insecurity of their poverty still haunts them even after they suddenly become rich.
The most corrupt Nigerians are from poor backgrounds.

You can take the monkey out of the jungle, but you cannot take the jungle out of the monkey.

Money cannot buy dignity, integrity and nobility.[/size].

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Ronaldinnioh(m): 9:44am On Aug 11, 2016
Lindaikeji is always despirate for money. Very useless living creature. A one time retired prostitute that owns one blog. Imagine the trauma she must have caused for the family. Instead of her to present the case in a meaningful manner or say police have taken over the matter between Savemayowa and Toyin.She published it as a scam and still have the right to publish her medical report. For what right does she even have to publish it the record.

Lindaikeji all your money without Husband is a waste.

I am married,Kim kardashian is married, Beyonce is Married and Shakira are all in their husband's house. Go and marry before Menopause kills you and you will start producing Fibroid.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Ronaldinnioh(m): 9:49am On Aug 11, 2016
Orikinla:
[size=20pt]When people see money, they show you their greed.

The "Good Samaritans" never expected to see the huge amount raised by generous donors and so became envious.

There is one thing about poor people and that is the insecurity of their poverty still haunts them even after they suddenly become rich.
The most corrupt Nigerians are from poor backgrounds.

You can take the monkey out of the jungle, but you cannot take the jungle out of the monkey.

Money cannot buy dignity, integrity and nobility.[/size].

Did you actually read the Post? And did you follow up this post on Nairaland because you are not making Amy sense at all.
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by nefertitiram: 9:49am On Aug 11, 2016
1stCitizen:
After its investigations into the alleged intention to defraud Nigerians by Mayowa's Ahmed's family, the Lagos State Police Command, today ascertained that there was no Fraud involved.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, who confirmed this today, said the command therefore had to remove the embargo placed on the accounts, where the sum of N81million and 100,000 dollars, were raised by public spirited Nigerians, home and abroad.

He said according to their findings, the controversy was caused by misunderstandings over the modalities for dispensing and controlling the money between the Ahmed family, the Nollywood actress, Toyin Aihmaku and Life Stake Foundation.

He also added that the trio had raised the money with genuine intent, adding that barring any unforeseen circumstance, Mayowa should be flown out of the country for treatment.

Source: http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2016/08/lagos-police-confirms-genuineness-of.html#more

Victoria ascerta!!!
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by jerryfisher(m): 10:11am On Aug 11, 2016
Leopantro:
interesting
God pick her cal
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 11, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Linda Ikeji has to appologise to Mayowa.

I wish her speedy recovery!

Does Limda have conscience ?

I never believd her story though i never heard details of mayowa case.

Their beef is the huge amount of money generated. Smh..
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 11, 2016
autotrader014:

Linda Ikeji is not a journalist.. Na copy and paste blogger. She doesn't have feild workers on ground to get facts.. Most news on her blog was copied from other news site..

Well said. I no longer visit her blog. She's very unprofessional.
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Dirkcoyt: 10:39am On Aug 11, 2016
deb:

However, I disagree on Toyin Aimaku, she seemed to have had the genuine interest of Mayowa initially until her mind was poisoned about the scam allegation. Being an uncivilized person that most of the Yoruba actors usually are, she went about her reaction in an uncultured and uncivilized manner; and without getting much fact started reeling out her emotions & talking with the two sides of her mouth.

She eventually made herself a subject of ridicule. But she actually meant well and still helped the girl raised a lot of money.

Get your cranium in check mahn! What has yoruba actors got todo with this? Why should you bring ethnic coloration into this matter? What has her profession got todo with this? Are there no uncivilized people in other sector of the movie industry? Or are there no civilized people in the yoruba genre of film making? The said lady is not even yoruba but somehow some way you lump the yoruba ethnicity in your quest to claim to analyze this topic.

Notify your school to revert your certificate if you're a graduate and you still reason like this in 21st century!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by babyfaceafrica: 10:39am On Aug 11, 2016
deb:

most yoruba actors are uncivilized?...where did you get that from?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by aalangel(f): 10:55am On Aug 11, 2016
Panzerfaust:
As far as her family is concerned, she is the goose that lays the golden egg.
She has terminal cancer for God sake.. Yet they will rather get rich off her first.

Don't mind them.
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by aalangel(f): 10:55am On Aug 11, 2016
jkendy:
Money must have gone round to greeze the palms of few people at the Hqtrs and to shut rheir lips permanently.
Police will always be police anywhere in the world

Thank you. You nailed it.
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by trendyprettygir: 10:58am On Aug 11, 2016
jkendy:
Money must have gone round to greeze the palms of few people at the Hqtrs and to shut rheir lips permanently.
Police will always be police anywhere in the world

Unfortunately, this case should be an exception.

I pray you never have to deal with a situation were your loved one is this ill because you would do anything, i mean anything for such a person.

Just thank God for your blessings!!!

Linda and Toyin should just apologize, Nigerians and all who donated surely will be blessed and should never forsake those who need help.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 11, 2016
Ronaldinnioh:
Lindaikeji is always despirate for money. Very useless living creature. A one time retired prostitute that owns one blog. Imagine the trauma she must have caused for the family. Instead of her to present the case in a meaningful manner or say police have taken over the matter between Savemayowa and Toyin.She published it as a scam and still have the right to publish her medical report. For what right does she even have to publish it the record.

Lindaikeji all your money without Husband is a waste.

I am married,Kim kardashian is married, Beyonce is Married and Shakira are all in their husband's house. Go and marry before Menopause kills you and you will start producing Fibroid.

Linda is evil and we all know but down the line you started spewing unnecessary hate and beef probably because she is very successful. Husband na achievement ? Oprah Winfrey is unmarried and believe you me Linda will be one of the wealthiest women in the world in 20 years time like Oprah.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Ghost447(m): 11:03am On Aug 11, 2016
MetaHuman:
Henceforth, im Not gonna take anything from linbaikeji blog seriously.

Turns out she is just another hungry blogger with fake news but privileged to make money from dishing out fake news.
I have already uninstall her platform from my phone.
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 11, 2016
Lalasticlala let us give this the same treatment we gave the other false story in the spirit of equity.
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by junta007(f): 12:02pm On Aug 11, 2016
Toyin Used To Be Someone I Respect So Much, But As It Stands Rgght Now, I Dont Understand The Way She Behaves.
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by nathandrake(m): 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2016
adioolayi:
Linda Ikeji ...SHAME!

Toyin Aimaku ...SHAME!

Do think anyone in Nigeria will be willing to donate any amount for anybody if the police comes out and say its a fraud?

because the police said its not a fraud doesnt mean its not

i wish you have the sense to process information, i will have advice you to go and read everybodys account of the incident and make ur own conclusion.

but seems you are just a sheep that is being Shepard around.

Toyin sense something is amiss and raise the alarm

Linda Ikeji did what she does on a normal day "SPREAD THE GOSSIP"
Re: Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account by adioolayi(m): 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
nathandrake:

Do think anyone in Nigeria will be willing to donate any amount for anybody if the police comes out and say its a fraud?

because the police said its not a fraud doesnt mean its not

i wish you have the sense to process information, i will have advice you to go and read everybodys account of the incident and make ur own conclusion.

but seems you are just a sheep that is being Shepard around.

Toyin sense something is amiss and raise the alarm

Linda Ikeji did what she does on a normal day "SPREAD THE GOSSIP"

Only if you can imagine the additional Trauma and severe psychological torture their acts as caused already terminally sick victim...you won't be typing the heartless epistles you put up here....Just pass a beg..I no get your time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike: Lagos Nurses Walk Out On Commissioners, Others - Premiumtimes / BUA Purchases 1 Million Doses Of Astrazeneca COVID-19 Vaccines For Nigeria / Every Person Has Cancer Cells In The Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.