Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? (17394 Views)

Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC - Full List / List Of Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC 2017 (UPDATED) / List Of Illegal Universities In Nigeria By NUC 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by pxjosh(m): 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2016
I just got the information today that my course was among those unaccredited by NUC.

From one WhatsApp post, I read the following lines: "if you're studying any of these courses in Nigerian universities, you're not in school"

I would like to know..what is this issue of accreditation all about? Will it be resolved as soon as possible? ( I am currently in my finials).

Those with knowledge about this should please enlighten me.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by oluwafreshkid(m): 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2016
Jamb

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Fran6ik: 8:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
confirm frm u sku authority if it affects ur set
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by pxjosh(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by sinaj(f): 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
If u r in year 1 or year 2, change ur course by transferring to another department coz u might be wasting your time.

Many graduates dnt have any certificate coz the course they studied wasn't accredited.

It's not something u joke with.
I feel for those in final year

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Standing5(m): 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
I will love to see the accreditation status of private universities compared to public universities. Most public school are shìt and I doubt a change of status anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by pxjosh(m): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
sinaj:
If u r in year 1 or year 2, change ur course by transferring to another department coz u might be wasting your time.

Many graduates dnt have any certificate coz the course they studied wasn't accredited.

It's not something u joke with.
I feel for those in final year
Is there a possibility that such an issue will be resolved quickly?
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by bravolyk(m): 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
Consult with your head of department to know if you will be affected. Secondly i think the rules apply to new intakes into the listed varsities and might not really affect you because your department was accredited when you were admitted.My school got to know about this 2 years ago when accreditation was withdrawn from my department, then i was in my 400l so department had to stop admitting student till now as am speaking.So bros speak speak speak it's your future and your time

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by sinaj(f): 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
pxjosh:
Is there a possibility that such an issue will be resolved quickly?
u never can tell if your department will pass the next accreditation hence it's a 50;50 chance.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by pxjosh(m): 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
sinaj:
u never can tell if your department will pass the next accreditation hence it's a 50;50 chance.

It's not even a department. Its pharmacy, and pharmacy in uniben is a faculty on its own. We have a separate administrative building, built recently. The lecture theatres and Labs are at quite a distance from the new admin building.

To some extent I think we were unaccredited because we still receive lectures at old theatres/labs, while lectures are enjoying the luxury of the new building.

Or probably because they take in much more students than the facilities can cover for.

Let's see how things play out.

2 Likes

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by ajanma2(m): 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2016
Fran6ik:
confirm frm u sku authority if it affects ur set
....double issue here...my name is frank nwachukwu okafor..during waec,it was mispelt as frank nnachukwu okafor.my parent said I shud leave it,it has the same meaning.nnachukwu and nwachukwu..I also left it like dat as frank nnachukwu okafor in jamb this year so it will correspond with my waec,the problem now is that in my birth certificate,its written as frank nwachukwu,so I did an affidavit stating my name is frank nnachukwu not nwachukwu,so now,which am I to upload online for the screening?affidavit or the birth certificate?also my name was interchanged in jamb.my surname was written in my middle name and vice versa,pls need u guys help here

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by fineyemi(m): 12:25am On Aug 11, 2016
pxjosh:
I just got the information today that my course was among those unaccredited by NUC.

From one WhatsApp post, I read the following lines: "if you're studying any of these courses in Nigerian universities, you're not in school"

I would like to know..what is this issue of accreditation all about? Will it be resolved as soon as possible? ( I am currently in my finials).

Am so sorry to say, but u need to leave that department. Unless u just gonna waste 4 years studying an unaccredited course
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by SeyiAyorinde(m): 6:01am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
....double issue here...my name is frank nwachukwu okafor..during waec,it was mispelt as frank nnachukwu okafor.my parent said I shud leave it,it has the same meaning.nnachukwu and nwachukwu..I also left it like dat as frank nnachukwu okafor in jamb this year so it will correspond with my waec,the problem now is that in my birth certificate,its written as frank nwachukwu,so I did an affidavit stating my name is frank nnachukwu not nwachukwu,so now,which am I to upload online for the screening?affidavit or the birth certificate?also my name was interchanged in jamb.my surname was written in my middle name and vice versa,pls need u guys help here
use the one on the affidavit. About the name been interchanged,I don't think that should be a problem.

7 Likes

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Talius(m): 6:36am On Aug 11, 2016
Pray hard.

Meanwhile, today's my birthday, it won't hurt you all to wish me a happy birthday.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by veekid(m): 6:37am On Aug 11, 2016
Burn down the whole school if they refuse to refund your money

4 Likes

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by emmyid(m): 6:37am On Aug 11, 2016
Shey na una the shout Great Uniben everyday, now see wat Greatest Uniben has done to your life, common Accreditation dem no fit get.
To al UniAbuja students, please rewrite jamb and seek admission into real Universities, that ivory tower of yours called University of Abuja is a glorified secondary school.

Bros, Pray for yo department to be accredited by NUC in the next acreditation process, pray and fast for your dept, scl and the country at large. Kos right now everything don jagajaga.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by olahero(m): 6:38am On Aug 11, 2016
Go to School Authority, you will know the fact.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by project8(m): 6:39am On Aug 11, 2016
This one na one chance oo.mayb Anoda Jamb is d answer
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by MVLOX(m): 6:42am On Aug 11, 2016
Tank God for dis thread ooo cuz mine was unaccredited too plus am abt to write my final exams...
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by justicejay(m): 6:43am On Aug 11, 2016
What's the course?
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by itskinglee(m): 6:43am On Aug 11, 2016
veekid:
Burn than the whole school if they refuse to refund your money
whose kid is this

6 Likes

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by NOBODYY: 6:46am On Aug 11, 2016
And they keep calling Uniben=Unibest up and down

Den of Cultists

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Young03(m): 6:46am On Aug 11, 2016
wat else will I say...
ladyrose24 u still de hope say u go get pharmacy for uniben
u never hear the tori
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Gkemz: 6:48am On Aug 11, 2016
You don't have to worry. Accreditation is done on regular basis. If your course failed the accreditation test this year, maybe next one would favour it as long as NUC specified standards and guidelines are being put in place.

2 Likes

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:48am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
Frank, na only you waka come? The misspelt name is a big issue. Now that you've done affidavit, does it mean that you no longer bear "Nwachukwu", your father's name? It can have an effect in the future o. I'll advise you to go to Waec to change the error or you do an affidavit that says your real name is Nwachukwu not Nnachukwu.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by chukz999(m): 6:50am On Aug 11, 2016
Talius:
Pray hard.

Meanwhile, today's my birthday, it won't hurt you all to wish me a happy birthday.
Happy Birthday.

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Talius(m): 6:51am On Aug 11, 2016
chukz999:
Happy Birthday.
Thanks bro.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by lonelydora: 6:52am On Aug 11, 2016
Don't panic, accreditation is something that is done from time to time. Maybe your department wasn't ready the time the accreditation was done, which will be rectified soon. The courses that may not be rectified are those courses NUC didn't recognize from the word go.

Example is UNN's Science Laboratory Technology, SLT. NUC banned that course in my days in school.

Your course will be accredited soon.

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Adortem: 6:52am On Aug 11, 2016
I would to see the link or post,can you please share it here?
pxjosh:

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Toluwani111: 6:54am On Aug 11, 2016
cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. / Nairaland Interschool Debate Match Three: WINNER OAU / NIIT Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.