Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:48 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed (15572 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB / Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by suledes(m): 8:43am On Aug 11, 2016
People don't get the fact that Oba can't be installed in Ilorin because the city consist of various tribes such as Yorubas, Nupes, Fulanis, Hausas, Baribas, Songheys, Malians, etc. Though majorly occupied by the yorubas. Even most of the yorubas are typical core muslims which they isolated from idolators. If you go back history, Ilorin is the hub of Islam in the South-west (yorubas). There are Obas in other towns in kwara state such as Olofa of Offa town, Arangun (one of Oduduwa Children) of Ila town which has supreme authority over Igbomina land. There are other Obas also such as Omu-Aran, Ajase Ipo, Onigbaja etc. Therefore, the Ilorins put religious factor first before others.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by Lanretoye(m): 8:45am On Aug 11, 2016
by the time this oba leaves the throne,im sure heaven and hell are the only places he wouldnt have visited.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by Tundeobama(m): 8:51am On Aug 11, 2016
oni kindly help us reclaim ilorin to Yoruba rularship that's our dream sir because Yoruba culture is the best.oba of ilorin loading. ......
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by AuroraB(f): 9:12am On Aug 11, 2016
polabo:
Gov Ahmed & his punk hairstyle b like Wesley snipes in passenger 57..
cheesy You too see am cheesy > grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by Truthisit: 9:13am On Aug 11, 2016
There are Yoruba Obas in Kwara State. Go to Offa, Omu Aran, Oro, Isanlu, even Share(the governor's town) and other core Yoruba towns in Kwara State, you'll see them there

axishale:
Kwara state........how I wish the oba can install a yoruba king there
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by chincent: 9:38am On Aug 11, 2016
Abeg this guy travel travel don too much. At a point he will lack repect.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by Horbah1(m): 9:42am On Aug 11, 2016
Ooni and travelling... no parting for them. Na so so travelling...on top what?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by bangalee1(m): 10:42am On Aug 11, 2016
When will you Oba Adeyeye visit me SIR BANGALEE?
Jokes Apart: As the custodian of the Yoruba race and the Arole Oduduwa can't you stick your ass to you throne and people should visit u instead of doing the reverse.

Ooni of Ife visits Kwara state governor, what do they have in common? Answer: They are both king of boys , chilling chilling chilling
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by abdulwastecx(m): 10:44am On Aug 11, 2016
madridguy:
Not in this life again. Ex-Gov Lawal tried it and he paid dearly with his life. We don't want ritual in Modinat Ilorin.

Very myopic statement... History is really needed to help remove the shackle of enslavement out of the mind of Nigerians.

What is special in been rule by turban wearing slowpoke

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by madridguy(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2016
Emir is what we need in Ilorin. Shikena

abdulwastecx:

Very myopic statement... History is really needed to help remove the shackle of enslavement out of the mind of Nigerians.

What is special in been rule by turban wearing slowpoke
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by ABsI1: 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
I sight you my mentor Alh Barrister Lanre Daibu. May Almighty Allah continue to bless and protect you Sir. Amen
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by fakabey(m): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
kabiyesi ooooo. ki ade pelori.. what is the king mission to kwara state?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by babadlaw1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
God bless the Oni of Ife. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by abdulwastecx(m): 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
madridguy:
Emir is what we need in Ilorin. Shikena

Who made you spoke man for ilorin people?

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by abdulwastecx(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
suledes:
People don't get the fact that Oba can't be installed in Ilorin because the city consist of various tribes such as Yorubas, Nupes, Fulanis, Hausas, Baribas, Songheys, Malians, etc. Though majorly occupied by the yorubas. Even most of the yorubas are typical core muslims which they isolated from idolators. If you go back history, Ilorin is the hub of Islam in the South-west (yorubas). There are Obas in other towns in kwara state such as Olofa of Offa town, Arangun (one of Oduduwa Children) of Ila town which has supreme authority over Igbomina land. There are other Obas also such as Omu-Aran, Ajase Ipo, Onigbaja etc. Therefore, the Ilorins put religious factor first before others.

It is ignorant of you to suggest that having an Oba symbolizes Idol worshipping. I don't have any problem with ilorin people if they like to have a very small minority group like fulani to control them.

The nupes, baribas, fulanis and hausas are very small minority that don't even make up 10% of the total population of ilorin. Majority of these groups are already assimilated into yorubas. These minorities are now yorubas, even the Emir is technically and culturally a yoruba man.

Islam has been used to justify control of most hausas state and northern yoruba state by fulanis but their version of Islam only come into Nigeria and South west less than 200years ago. We have Muslim in old oyo prior to usman dan Dan fodios political jihad.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by abdulwastecx(m): 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2016
I am South western yoruba Muslim married to ilorin indegene, I see no use for most of these traditional rulers be it obas, Emir or obi... We don't have use for them in this centuries.

What we need is to deepen our democracy and rule of law, developed more infrastructures, education and reduce poverty

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by RedboneSmith(m): 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2016
Why does the Governor have the Hausa phrase 'Sai Maigida' next to his name?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by suledes(m): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2016
abdulwastecx:

It is ignorant of you to suggest that having an Oba symbolizes Idol worshipping. I don't have any problem with ilorin people if they like to have a very small minority group like fulani to control them.

The nupes, baribas, fulanis and hausas are very small minority that don't even make up 10% of the total population of ilorin. Majority of these groups are already assimilated into yorubas. These minorities are now yorubas, even the Emir is technically and culturally a yoruba man.

Islam has been used to justify control of most hausas state and northern yoruba state by fulanis but their version of Islam only come into Nigeria and South west less than 200years ago. We have Muslim in old oyo prior to usman dan Dan fodios political jihad.

@Abdulwaste. You have forgotten or don't know hisory. Most of Ilorin inhabitants where from old Oyo Empire, and neighboring towns such as Kishi, Kuo, Ibolo, etc. During the revolution in Oyo empire then which led to revolt against the muslim yorubas, fulanis, and nupe slaves migration. Afonja whom was just like Chief of Defence to the Oyo empire, was in logggerhed with Alaafin of Oyo then accomodated the migrant at Ilorin which later resulted to the collapsed of Oyo Empire. Afonja was an idolator then whom the muslim migrants (yorubas, nupe, hausas, fulanis) helped to defeat Alaafin. Thereaftter, majority of the inhabitants in Ilorin were muslims. Note: where there is muslim community, there must be leader (Amir of Emir). And he must be the most knowledgeable, and brave among all. Salih Jinta, a fulani was generally agreed upon to be their leader my the muslim community because of his qualities. Afonja was overthrown 1823, and Salih Jinta was imposed by the muslims majorly by yorubas.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by abdulwastecx(m): 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
suledes:

@Abdulwaste. You have forgotten or don't know hisory. Most of Ilorin inhabitants where from old Oyo Empire, and neighboring towns such as Kishi, Kuo, Ibolo, etc. During the revolution in Oyo empire then which led to revolt against the muslim yorubas, fulanis, and nupe slaves migration. Afonja whom was just like Chief of Defence to the Oyo empire, was in logggerhed with Alaafin of Oyo then accomodated the migrant at Ilorin which later resulted to the collapsed of Oyo Empire. Afonja was an idolator then whom the muslim migrants (yorubas, nupe, hausas, fulanis) helped to defeat Alaafin. Thereaftter, majority of the inhabitants in Ilorin were muslims. Note: where there is muslim community, there must be leader (Amir of Emir). And he must be the most knowledgeable, and brave among all. Salih Jinta, a fulani was generally agreed upon to be their leader my the muslim community because of his qualities. Afonja was overthrown 1823, and Salih Jinta was imposed by the muslims majorly by yorubas.

I know the history, you are right with some of your analysis while some of them are what I called the fulani version of events
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by suledes(m): 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I know the history, you are right with some of your analysis while some of them are what I called the fulani version of events

This history i just told you was not fulani history but the fact. Even most of Sheikh from yoruba race in Ilorin testified to that. Like history of my family, we migrated from Iresa in Oyo, and settled at Adifa in Ilorin. Later on migrated to Igbomina land. Even in terms of Chieftancy time, there are 4 baloguns which are: Balogun Gambari heads hausa community; Balogun Fulani heads the fulani community; Balogun Ajikobi, and Balogun Alanamu head the yoruba community.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by seunfape(m): 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
The first king to operate with mobile palace

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by seunfape(m): 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
The first king to operate mobile palace
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by stinggy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2016
AuroraB:
cheesy You too see am cheesy > grin
your governor cheesy cheesy
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Abdulfatah Ahmed by macof(m): 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
madridguy:
Not in this life again. Ex-Gov Lawal tried it and he paid dearly with his life. We don't want ritual in Modinat Ilorin.

undecided do you even know what ritual is?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fundamentals Of Odinani / Learn To Speak Ikwerre / Anambra Ruler Drags His Subject To Court For Refusing To Address Him As "Igwe"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.