Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,841 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:02 AM

Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? (22792 Views)

Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone / Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy / 20 Weird Things All Addict Android Smartphone Users Do (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2016
I.m a window phone user, I started using windows phone right from Lumia 520 when the phone was newly launched , then I upgraded to Lumia 720 (my best camera phone)now I.m currently using Lumia 640xl.

When my friends sees me with windows phone, they will start yabbing me that I dey try oooo dey use that kind phone, say they can't use it even if na dash.
Not that I.m worried about the yabbing because I really enjoyed using windows phone based on the fact that the battery last long, the camera quality is superp and it does not consume data like android phones and so many other reasons.

But my question is..........

Why do people hate windows phones?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by adedayo3193(m): 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
because any slight crack on it,the phone is doomed

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
adedayo3193:
because any slight crack on it,the phone is doomed
how?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by adedayo3193(m): 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
how?

I meant the screen

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
adedayo3193:

I meant the screen
u mean the cost of repairing it.?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
Why did u single out Nigeria? People in north america don't use Windows phone. People in South America, Asia, Oceania, Europe etc don't use Windows phone. So why would Nigerians use it? Shey na my papa get microsoft wey I go use Windows phone while there are better alternatives.

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by iamxolomon(m): 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
We detest it because it is useless, brainless and lazy, no good app and sweet games, not suitable for chatting. Just useless phone

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 11, 2016
greenhulk:
Why did u single out Nigeria? People in north america don't use Windows phone. People in South America, Asia, Oceania, Europe etc don't use Windows phone. So why would Nigerians use it? Shey na my papa get microsoft wey I go use Windows phone while there are better alternatives.
How did you know? Have you been to all the continent to know the kind of phone they use?

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by abatically(m): 3:30pm On Aug 11, 2016
iamxolomon:
We detest it because it is useless, brainless and lazy, no good apl and sweet games, not suitable for chatting. Jist useless phone

Really useless. No wonder they have less than 1% market share. People in America. Europe and every other part of rhe would don't use Windows phone na for Nigeria we go come dey use am.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
fados4sure:

How did you know? Have you been to all the continent to know the kind of phone they use?
I wonder ooo

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Donvilo(m): 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
O.P no mind people saying that the phone is not good. That phone is good in it's own way. It's designed for maximum security.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by abatically(m): 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2016
[sub][/sub]o of smiley
fados4sure:

How did you know? Have you been to all the continent to to know the kind of phone they use?

No need to travel to those places to know. Windows phone have 0.7% markeshare as at q1 2016. Thats enough to show that nobody buys them.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
abatically:
[sub][/sub]o of smiley

No need to travel to those places to know. Windows phone have 0.7% markeshare as at q1 2016. Thats enough to show that nobody buys them.
na wow ooo
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by tulipsmadra: 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=Godswillnwaoma post=48391743] I really enjoyed using windows phone based on the fact that the battery last long, the camera quality is superp and it does not consume data like android phones and so many other reasons.

I beg to differ, I have used Lumia 535 and the battery sucks even on 2G, the camera sucks too try printing out your photo to see what am taking about.
It doesn't seem to consume data because your stopped app from running in the background when not in use.
Lastly wp dry die, too much restrictions and limitations. To me its just like a higher version of java phone.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
I.m a window phone user, I started using windows phone right from Lumia 520 when the phone was newly launched , then I upgraded to Lumia 720 (my best camera phone)now I.m currently using Lumia 640xl.

When my friends sees me with windows phone, they will start yabbing me that I dey try oooo dey use that kind phone, say they can't use it even if na dash.
Not that I.m worried about the yabbing because I really enjoyed using windows phone based on the fact that the battery last long, the camera quality is superp and it does not consume data like android phones and so many other reasons.

But my question is..........

Why do people hate windows phones?

Because in comparison to Android phones and IOS the windows phone has way more restrictions and limitations. From your above comment, it would appear you don't do much with your phone, that's the only reason you are OK with your lumia, me for instance (my type in general), I do a lot of programming and designing on my phone, I like tweaking and customising my phone to get the best out of it, I use advance applications and when I want to play a game, I want a hardcore game that has great graphics. We basically use phones that have freedom to do anything and everything!

But with the lumia I can't brag of being allowed to do those things, from the limitations on tweaking and customization, to the less addictive games & applications that can't be compared to that of Android or IOS, to the lack of devoted developers for its platform and finally its lack of advance functionality and features. Lumia is simply not a phone for advance phone users, it's for the "make calls/text, take pictures/videos, do a little internet surfing/chat and enjoy a long boring battery life" kind of users.

Yeah I would rather use a low tech Android phone than a high tech lumia phone, why? Because a lumia phone has the tech but doesn't utilise it! While an Android phone will utilise every bit of that low tech it has!

You have to be on our side of the fence to understand why we don't do windows phones grin

98 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 4:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
DaveHert:

Because in comparison to Android phones and IOS the windows phone has way more restrictions and limitations, from your above comment, it would appear you don't do much with your phone, that's the only reason you are OK with your lumia, me for instance (my type for instance), I do a lot of programming and designing on my phone, I like twerking and customising my phone to get the best out of it, I use advance applications and when I want to pay a game, I want a hardcore game that has great graphics. I basically use phones that have freedom to to anything.

But with the lumia I can't brag of being allowed to do those things, from the limitations on twerking and customization, to the less addictive games & applications that can't be compared to that of Android and IOS, to the lack of devoted developers for its platform and finally its lack of advance functionality and features. Lumia is simply not a phone for advance phone users, it's for the "make calls/text, take pictures/videos, do a little internet surfing/chat and enjoy a long boring battery life" kind of users. Yea I would rather use a low tech Android phone than a high tech lumia phone, why? Because a lumia phone has the tech but doesn't utilise it! While an Android phone will utilise every bit of that low tech it has!

You have to be on our side of the fence to understand why we don't do windows phones grin
hmmm. U have said it all. I will migrate to android soon.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 4:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
hmmm. U have said it all. I will migrate to android soon.

Like they say: if you can't beat them.....join them jhor! grin grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by olahero(m): 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
Because it's useless compare to Android.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
DaveHert:

Like they say: if you can't beat them.....join them! grin grin
I dey tell u.

Tecno camon c9 on my mind.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by gsparks01(m): 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2016
DaveHert:

Because in comparison to Android phones and IOS the windows phone has way more restrictions and limitations, from your above comment, it would appear you don't do much with your phone, that's the only reason you are OK with your lumia, me for instance (my type for instance), I do a lot of programming and designing on my phone, I like twerking and customising my phone to get the best out of it, I use advance applications and when I want to pay a game, I want a hardcore game that has great graphics. I basically use phones that have freedom to to anything.

But with the lumia I can't brag of being allowed to do those things, from the limitations on twerking and customization, to the less addictive games & applications that can't be compared to that of Android and IOS, to the lack of devoted developers for its platform and finally its lack of advance functionality and features. Lumia is simply not a phone for advance phone users, it's for the "make calls/text, take pictures/videos, do a little internet surfing/chat and enjoy a long boring battery life" kind of users. Yea I would rather use a low tech Android phone than a high tech lumia phone, why? Because a lumia phone has the tech but doesn't utilise it! While an Android phone will utilise every bit of that low tech it has!

bros twerk small small make ass no fall

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by onward4life(m): 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
greenhulk:

You are so on point, because of lately the American govt is consis it official phone hence 2017..
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by adedayo3193(m): 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
u mean the cost of repairing it.?

for instance if there is a little crack on a tecno android u can still be using it but on microsoft no it will not work

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Pabloosas(m): 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
DaveHert:

Like they say: if you can't beat them.....join them! grin grin
Not always o. Let's try this ~~ ”if you can't beat them....run away" grin grin **runs_away**

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
gsparks01:
bros twerk small small make ass no fall
Typo, I meant Tweak!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
Pabloosas:
Not always o. Let's try this ~~ ”if you can't beat them....run away" grin grin **runs_away**

Lmfao grin grin keep running....eventually you will be caught

**catches him finally....beats him to death**

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by csamii: 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
Laptop makes use of window and you want my phone to make use of window too?
Where is the diversification in technology?

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
I use a windows laptop and it's cool though at times it has its tit bitss of annoyances. They should have stuck with just producing the windows OS for just the laptops and desktops and not mobile phones. I played with a friend's Nokia Lumia for just a day and boredom was so unlimited that I had to return the phone back. I mean no apps, and the apps on it lack Lustre, it's just basic compared to android and Ios. if it's not an android or an iphone sorry I ain't buying.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
adedayo3193:

for instance if there is a little crack on a tecno android u can still be using it but on microsoft no it will not work
who told you that crap.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Rozaystunna(m): 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
Windows is full of shi.t

1 Like

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by guydangerous(m): 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
Window's phones are purely empty, if window's phones operating system can be as flexible as that of Android operating system am certain it can compete.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by elektra80: 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
adedayo3193:

How can u say this? Windows phone have nothing to do with the screen, it comes down to the manufacturer and technology used. I once used lumina 920 and the phone dropped on asphalt and the screen got shattered. But the touchscreen was still working. My wife's Sony xperia z had a single crack and the touch stopped working. We had to change the whole screen. The screen have been changed 3 times for the same problem.

It is just like saying android phones don't have qhd displays just because tecno phones don't have.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
Cos its complicated and hard to understand

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ending Mtn's Impunity / Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone / How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.