Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? (7450 Views)

What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. / Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? / Is It Possible To Get Pregnant Two Days Before The Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by GOLDFISH(m): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2005
This is the truth so many girls I've seen in Nigeria are not ready to settle with a guy who does not have money.I once over heard a girl telling a graduate friend of hers that..'you said you have potentials so what? Go ake money first'.How many girls are ready to date or even marry such guys?
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by snazzydawn(f): 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2005
Goldie,of course there are still some chicks who would marry a guy with no dough(moi aussi).That a guy no get money today no mean say him no go get am forever.So,thats it. wink
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Fumi(f): 12:30am On Nov 26, 2005
Well...

i married such a so called "poor" guy. I dont mind, if you have big money or not, if your heart is at the right place. And i believe, that in future both of us can raise enough money for living together.

greetz

fumi
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by icingbaby(f): 12:36am On Nov 26, 2005
it is possible to marry a poor guy, as far as his a nice guy. i have seen a lot of girls who have getting married to poor men, they marry them because they love them. if you have love for the guy f**k money. smiley
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by prettyH(f): 1:28am On Nov 26, 2005
pls define the term "poor"? Cos if a guy is not as financially blessed a u, u cld ascribe the term to him cos he's outside ur class. But what if the guy is okay - i mean financially but not, u know, just up to ur expectation.

Is he still considered as poor?
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by chillin(f): 1:45am On Nov 26, 2005
why not itz possible 2 get married to a poor guy... by d way sum gurlz get married to a guy cos of hez gatt money, blings and all them shabang and stuffs... datz plain vanity if a gurl is after all thoze... what really matters is d luuuvvv babe!!..yepp. by d way tho.. dis soo called guy wasn't born or meant to b poor....juss soo u know things will alwayz change 4 d better...accordin 2 Osufiaz song "no condition is permanent in this world...no condition is permanent in this world" i 4got main lyrics.....
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by hotangel2(f): 2:25am On Nov 26, 2005
Simple as YES!
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by IAH(f): 11:26am On Nov 27, 2005
I cannot marry a poor guy. My man has to be at least comfortable...not necessarily rich. This is reality and not some romantic fairy tale so girls, let's keep it real.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by jacq(f): 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2005
I don't mind to marry a poor guy with a good heart and manners.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by hotangel2(f): 11:11pm On Nov 27, 2005
IAH:

I cannot marry a poor guy. My man has to be at least comfortable...not necessarily rich. This is reality and not some romantic fairy tale so girls, let's keep it real.

IAH the question was, "is it possible to marry a poor guy"? Not "will u marry a poor guy"?

I know i won't marry a poor guy, but YES it is possible to marry a poor guy!
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2005
marriage is supposed 2 be aba luv not fortune
nothin should get in da way of luv,
not even poverty,datz what i believe in
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Ekky: 10:10am On Nov 29, 2005
Poverty.....just like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by pretysmile(f): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2005
Well,it is possible for one to marry a poor guy, but as for me,my guy must be if not not rich, atleast,comfortable.God help me.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by mamba(m): 5:38am On Nov 30, 2005
someone should please define the level of poverty we talking about here.. if i were a girl, i probably wont marry a guy that drinks garri day & night, or can't afford 3 meals daily, that's gon amount to suffering.. education has opened peoples eyes and it's getting more difficult to manage life without cash unlike in the past. it's possible to marry a poor educated dude, at least there's hope..
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by chocolatte(f): 1:15pm On Nov 30, 2005
It is possible, My aunt married a guy that was not her class in no sense at all.

She only used to date guys that called themselves 'big boys' (nice car,home etc)but they were the worse and she knew it. It was pure luck if these 'big boys' didn't have women all over london/nigeria.

Sorry, to get back to poor guys, basically, my aunty and this guy are now married with 2 beautiful children,nice house/car,he looks really good and you would not believe where he came from just a couple of years ago and just to add, he is a wonderful man who I have so much respect for (I hope to find a hubby like that one day, if it means me marrying a guy who doesn;t have much then so be it - happiness and respect is all I ask.)

I hope it was ok for me to reply to this, I am new and have no idea how this works.

Thanks.
Bye Bleep
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by prettyH(f): 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2005
hi chocolatte, its ok. We r here to give our opinions. Simple. Hope u enjoy urself on nairaland. Tata.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by GOLDFISH(m): 10:36pm On Dec 14, 2005
All said and done majority say that it is possible to marry a poor guy. I have an educated guy with a heart of gold that his fiancee left because he is still struggling to set up his publishing and movie production business.He wants to settle down now with a woman that would believe in him but so far none is forth coming, how possible is it for him or is there any body who sent in a reply who can brave the storm with him?If we really believe that a woman can grow with a man.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Oracle(m): 4:35am On Dec 15, 2005
a poor guy to is a human isnt he?
itz a matter of love but nobody wants to marry a poor
person
but my advice to girls is dont leave a guy coz of money
if u're in love dont let it go coz of money
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Swish(m): 4:38am On Dec 15, 2005
sure...why not...but i tell you if the lady is the commanding and controlling type...oh boy oh boy is the dude going to hang himself
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by chillin(f): 9:50pm On Dec 15, 2005
Oracle:

a poor guy to is a human isnt he?
itz a matter of love but nobody wants to marry a poor
person
but my advice to girls is don't leave a guy coz of money
if u're in love don't let it go coz of money

uhmmmm yeahh u talkin rite! makes sense tho!!

Swish:

sure...why not...but i tell you if the lady is the commanding and controlling type...oh boy oh boy is the dude going to hang himself

hahahahah lol lol lol lol hang himself?? lol mehn!!
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Swish(m): 1:30am On Dec 17, 2005
chillin:

hahahahah cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy hang himself?? cheesy mehn!!

tru story...the man didn't hang himself but he eventually died after years of seriuos suffering...his wife basically controlled everything...the man became dormant over time even his kids grew up not respecting him and even made fun of him with their mother publicly...things dey happen for this life ooo..i tell u oo
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by mide2(f): 1:38am On Dec 17, 2005
Never say never......anything is possible. I think the question should be( IS IT GOOD OR ADVISABLE TO MARRY A POOR MAN ) defining the term poor. Cuz a poor man to u maynot be at all poor to me. OR maybe IS IT ADVISABLE TO MARRY A GUY THAT U ARE RICHER THAN.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by eveseh(f): 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2006
yes,it alla bout if u love the person
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by babymine(f): 1:48pm On May 02, 2006
Sure. If you really love him. wink wink grin grin grin
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by nancyekpoh(f): 6:13pm On May 12, 2006
It is possible, but the main thing there is love. just know if he's the man for u and go ahead. The guy might be poor today and be rich tomorrow.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by mamaput(f): 8:23pm On May 13, 2006
Depends on what is poor.
I mean the schoolfees hasn to be paid as well as hospital bills .Not so.
Can poor be a farmer in the village.?
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by chinani(f): 12:04am On May 14, 2006
Mamaput is right. My family lives in the village and my cousins marry "poor men". But, the children do not go hunger. The schools are paid for. Housing is provided. Food is available. Yes, it is possible. It is just that women do not brag or announce "My husband will be a poor man" as they do w/ rich men.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by kimba(m): 11:13am On May 14, 2006
methinks: it actually depends on the definition of POOR!!!
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by edygirl(f): 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2006
I can only marry a poor guy that is educated, well mannered and handsome.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Busta(f): 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2006
hmmm, marrying a poor?

Thats a very tough one or thing to do!
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Hugoboi(m): 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2006
edygirl:

I can only marry a poor guy that is educated, well mannered and handsome.
With all these lined up,i seriously doubt if such dude is really gonna be poor grin
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Mystique(f): 7:15am On Jul 26, 2006
Lol, how poor are we talking here? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See This 4 Bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / See What My Ex's Boyfriend Texted Me. What Does It Mean? (screenshots) / 100 Most Influential Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.