Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) (37805 Views)

Kenneth Bramor Buys Timi, His First Wife A Rolls Royce After Marrying A 2nd Wife / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / Prepaid Electricity Meter: So Person Cannot Cook In Peace With Electric Cooker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by SmartMugu: 11:48pm On Aug 11, 2016
bee444:
Interviewing agberos who lacks social tolerance speaks volume of how mentally unbalance Nigerian mens are. Imagine denouncing who they love just because the woman can't cook?

What happened to teaching her with love, and sending her to catering school? Smh
Sending a woman who can't cook to a catering school won't make her any better if she doesn't like cooking. Does catering school teach her where to buy the ingredients from? The experience will be different from that of a woman who grew up raised to know that is a necessity. What was she doing when her mates were cooking when they were single? Now it's time to settle down, someone has to teach her from scratch. Nah.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by LuvU2: 11:49pm On Aug 11, 2016
pcguru1:

Ha Chinese rice I can waste money on it, I love it like mad, I must learn to save money from spending on marcopolo
grin
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by yomz1e(m): 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
So you don't trust your mum.... Guy you are wicked!

Kenneth205:
Don't no about you guys o... but me

*I don't trust people who bleed for days and don't die*
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
raayah:

Trust me, if you bake a sweet cake for a woman personally, she'll love you for life.

Imagine making breakfast for your wife or even serving her well made eba and egusi after she comes back from work or after bathing the children. she'll be extremely happy.

The way to a woman's heart is definitely food.

Cook for your wife today!!'

Well I've seen men who cook for the wife too but it's rare cuz even couples have househelp making foods. Lagos is stressful to start cooking after coming back from work
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 12, 2016
You don't need a wife to do that. A chef can always give you thatundecided

steppin:
Why on earth would any sane man marry a woman who can't cook? If I get married, it should be for change. From eating out to coming home to a wonderfully prepared meal. Other things too.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Petroking: 12:05am On Aug 12, 2016
I will marry u n teach u how to cook.. Not ready for marriage yet though

beautiful232:
But I can cook indomie nau cry

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by yomz1e(m): 12:07am On Aug 12, 2016
You fine and you can cook moderately well, send me your details.. Mek we connect. wink can you control well too?

sade1994:
Thank God I can cook the basics and intermediates

So no need to panic smiley

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by steppin: 12:08am On Aug 12, 2016
daretodiffer:

I'll be damned! Chef indeed!
Who gave you that idea?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 12, 2016
tintingz:
Does cooking guarantee happy marriage?.

i don't think so but luckily enough i am a very good cook so if i meet a lady who is not a good cook and ready to learn then I will impact the knowledge on her
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Afrok(m): 12:13am On Aug 12, 2016
I might be bad in every other aspects but cooking and taking care of everywhere neatly are sure nothing to me, that alone nah points for me from ladies wey dey close to me cheesy

So it's nothing...
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by jabojafa(m): 12:13am On Aug 12, 2016
Ginaz:
If cooking is a must then why marriage still breaking?

That's crap.
my dear better go and learn oooh just incase. Remember d way to a man's hrt is tru his stomach. And na ur food not hus maid or booker own
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Petroking: 12:13am On Aug 12, 2016
Just look at your sentence.. You will not marry a Nigerian girl. You will marry from your village in Rivers state. If I was a girl from your village after seeing this sentence I won't agree to date you not to even have the idea of marriage. The girl from Rivers state is from which country Abeg my people Just Negodu

nunogomez:
this country no go better again, I will definitely not marry a Nigerian girl, I will go and marry from my village in Rivers state.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Petroking: 12:17am On Aug 12, 2016
Hmmm like seriously

sade1994:
Thank God I can cook the basics and intermediates

So no need to panic smiley
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by jabojafa(m): 12:20am On Aug 12, 2016
repogirl:
I noticed that they mostly interviewed sokpan boys who lack exposure but the few men who were older and possibly already married were more tolerant of the idea.

Yes, a woman should know how to cook but in the case where she doesn't, other factors should also determine the best action to take.

Does she want to learn?
Does she have other redeeming qualities about her?
Her personality, etc....

What if she doesn't know how to cook but she is industrious, hardworking and a really caring woman who contributes financially to the family, would you still act the same way? I doubt it.
my dear leave grammer for Prof Soyinka and Hon Ogbayabon... Go learn how to cook in u nor sabi oooh. Go ask Ngozi Okojo Iweala whether she nor dey cook for her husband upon all d degree she get. Hw wud u guys cope in d first few months of marriage jst u n ur hubby if u cnt cook? Hw long wud u b eating outside or for how long wud ur caring and luving hubby continue cooking if probably he knows hw to cook? Cooking primarily a woman's duty in d family.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by jabojafa(m): 12:25am On Aug 12, 2016
pcguru1:

Well I've seen men who cook for the wife too but it's rare cuz even couples have househelp making foods. Lagos is stressful to start cooking after coming back from work
so if u marry today dt same day u go hire hus maid?

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by jabojafa(m): 12:27am On Aug 12, 2016
daretodiffer:

do you know d duties of a woman in a home? U better start reading about ur duties as a woman....
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 12, 2016
You better wisen upundecided

jabojafa:
do you know d duties of a woman in a home? U better start reading about ur duties as a woman....

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by jabojafa(m): 12:36am On Aug 12, 2016
raayah:

Trust me, if you bake a sweet cake for a woman personally, she'll love you for life.

Imagine making breakfast for your wife or even serving her well made eba and egusi after she comes back from work or after bathing the children. she'll be extremely happy.

The way to a woman's heart is definitely food.

Cook for your wife today!!'
na stay @ home man fit get dt tym.. Wen match dey man go come stay hus dey cook egusi soup for you? Wot happend to d weekend? Cant u cook all ur soups n stew n put dem in d refrigerator?

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by raayah(f): 12:41am On Aug 12, 2016
jabojafa:
na stay @ home man fit get dt tym.. Wen match dey man go come stay hus dey cook egusi soup for you? Wot happend to d weekend? Cant u cook all ur soups n stew n put dem in d refrigerator?

Can't a man also cook all the soups and stew for tge weekend?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by SonofDevil: 12:42am On Aug 12, 2016
If she can't cook, I will hire a caterer to teach her for period of 6 months. That's no Big deal.
So far her kpekus is fleshy,meaty and tight for my magic stick.
And She can maintain home when am not around no problemgrincheesy
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by repogirl(f): 12:58am On Aug 12, 2016
jabojafa:
my dear leave grammer for Prof Soyinka and Hon Ogbayabon... Go learn how to cook in u nor sabi oooh. Go ask Ngozi Okojo Iweala whether she nor dey cook for her husband upon all d degree she get. Hw wud u guys cope in d first few months of marriage jst u n ur hubby if u cnt cook? Hw long wud u b eating outside or for how long wud ur caring and luving hubby continue cooking if probably he knows hw to cook? Cooking primarily a woman's duty in d family.
Now you think you just made sense abi?

Ngozi told you she cooks for her husband? While she was in Nigeria and her family remained in the US, she was cooking and sending food to her family via email abi UPS abi?

Or ia it Hilary Clinton that goes home to be cooking for her husband everyday, while on tour and campaigning to be elected president of united states.

Remi tinubu nko, after a long day at work, goes to Lagos from abuja to cook for her husband, abi?

Guy,pls upgrade your thinking. There's more to life than food. Even Bible says man shall not live by bread alone. The worth of a woman isn't in spending her whole life in the kitchen cooking your food. Not in this present time.

Like I said, there are options and she can learn, if she wants to. It shouldn't be the end of a marriage, marriage is more than food only.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 12, 2016
It's very simple: if the woman can't cook, the man can learn how to cook online. Cooking will be useful when the wife is not around.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 12, 2016
beautiful232:
But I can cook indomie nau cry
indomie babe grin

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by abbssx(f): 1:04am On Aug 12, 2016
As long as she is willing to learn it's not the end of the world. One can always learn to Cook
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by wadetaw202: 1:07am On Aug 12, 2016
tintingz:
Does cooking guarantee happy marriage?.

Yes, it does.

Dont just look ar it from the narrow perspective of "ordinary cooking".

If a girl can't cook, it means she lacks home training. Cooking is part of the things your mother (or people you grow up with) should teach you.
If you didn't learn how to cook when you were a teenager, then it means you also lack knowledge on how to care of the home. It also means your parents were irresponsible.

A woman who doesn't know how to keep the home is a liability; no more no less.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 12, 2016
grayht:
Some ladies will cook this kind of pepper soup for thier mother inlaw ....

"dodges slippers"

grin

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by blaayne: 1:13am On Aug 12, 2016
izzou:
I don't really care much about food so. ..

Yes I can

cool
I pity u..U wan dey dash kfc money abi
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 12, 2016
she cant cook
she cant yansh in the bedroom
she has slippers behind
she wowor
she durty

na who u blame if such woman become ur wife sad
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by PinketteDawn: 1:18am On Aug 12, 2016
wadetaw202:

Yes, it does.

Dont just look art it from my narrow perspective of "ordinary cooking".

If a girl can't cook, it means she lacks home training. Cooking is part of the things your mother (or people you grow up with) should teach you.

If you didn't learn how to cook when yuou were a teenager, then it means you also lack knowledge on how to care of the home. It also means your parents were irresponsible.

A woman who doesn't know how to keep the home is a liability; no more no less.

No it doesn't. A thousand times 'No it doesn't guarantee a happy marriage'.

She may not have learned how to cook as a teenager because she had no one to teach her. She might have lost her mother at a very tender age. Her father, too busy looking for money to raise her, may not have bothered to teach her because he did not even know how to cook. Their cook did her job everyday and went home.

I can tell you that there are many women out there who are great cooks yet divorced. I am telling you this with certainty.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by PinketteDawn: 1:26am On Aug 12, 2016
jabojafa:

Man: It is pathetic to see women who don't know how to cook.

Woman: Yeah. You know what is even more pathetic? Seeing a man who decides not to learn how to cook because he feels a woman will always do it for him.

Moral of the story: Every 'grown' adult should know how to cook. You will one day move out of your parents' home so you need to know how to cook to survive, especially in a harsh economy.

'Grown' because some adults today are just babies in disguise.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by wadetaw202: 1:28am On Aug 12, 2016
PinketteDawn:

No it doesn't. A thousand times 'No it doesn't guarantee a happy marriage'.

She may not have learned how to cook as a teenager because she had no one to teach her. She might have lost her mother at a very tender age. Her father, too busy looking for money to raise her, may not have bothered to teach her because he did not even know how to cook. Their cook did her job everyday and went home.

I can tell you that there are many women out there who are great cooks yet divorced. I am telling you this with certainty.

If their cook did the cooking, then their house help would also do the washing and the sweeping and the fetching of water and virtually everything. Consequently, she would grow into a halfbaked and useless adult.

A lady who can't cook will also lack in other aspects of life that makes a woman useful in a marriage.

So, what manner of daughters do you expect such a woman to give birth to? Halfbaked daughters I'm certain!

Because women who can cook end up being divorced does not give excuse for a woman to be useless in the kitchen.

It is your choice anyway.

Pray that God will send a woman who can't cook to you as wife, so that you can learn from experience how useless such a woman can be.

So if your family members or friends come to visit, what will you tell them when they ask your wife to cook for them?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease / New Year Post Wedding Pictures With My Beautiful Wife / My Mother Finally CURSED Me Last Night. I DON'T Give A Bleep!! - TheGidRedpiller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.