Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) (37807 Views)

Kenneth Bramor Buys Timi, His First Wife A Rolls Royce After Marrying A 2nd Wife / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / Prepaid Electricity Meter: So Person Cannot Cook In Peace With Electric Cooker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by zicoraads: 1:29am On Aug 12, 2016
PinketteDawn:

No it doesn't. A thousand times 'No it doesn't guarantee a happy marriage'.

She may not have learned how to cook as a teenager because she had no one to teach her. She might have lost her mother at a very tender age. Her father, too busy looking for money to raise her, may not have bothered to teach her because he did not even know how to cook. Their cook did her job everyday and went home.

I can tell you that there are many women out there who are great cooks yet divorced. I am telling you this with certainty.
Of cos it doesn't guarantee a happy marriage, but it goes a long way in helping to. The probability that it does is greater than.

And your last paragraph, are you divorced?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by appini: 1:32am On Aug 12, 2016
philip0906:
[size=13pt]A woman that does not know how to cook?? Wow!
What was she doing during her teenage and youthful years?? Such women only occupy space in their matrimonial homes
I can't imagine my wife not knowing how to cook afang soup garnished with 85 shredded ponmos a.k.a show boy topped with isi ewu and bent stock fish. Which kain wife be that? undecided[/size] undecided undecided

Na so we see am oooh
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by PinketteDawn: 1:40am On Aug 12, 2016
wadetaw202:

If their cook did the cooking, then their house help would also do the washing and the sweeping and the fetching of water and virtually everything. Consequently, she would grow into a halfbaked and useless adult.

A lady who can't cook will also lack in other aspects of life that makes a woman useful in a marriage.

So, what manner of daughters do you expect such a woman to give birth to? Halfbaked daughters I'm certain!

Because women who can cook end up being divorced does not give excuse for a woman to be useless in the kitchen.

It is your choice anyway.

Pray that God will send a woman who can't cook to you as wife, so that you can learn from experience how useless such a woman can be.

I also pray for you to wake up and realise you are not marrying a free maid but a help mate. And by the way, God has never created anything that is useless. Who are you to call God's creation useless?

I have seen the so called 'worthless' women change overnight and learn. Yes! Learn! Even as adults! One lady I know grew up without a mother and guess what? She learned how to wash her clothes and clean in boarding school. She also learned how to cook from her husband! She had the interest but was not opportuned to have someone teach her.She is still with her husband today after 5 years of marriage. He never for one day berated her for not knowing how to cook. He understood and taught her instead.

From everything you have listed here, you are simply looking for a housemaid disguised as a wife. You are obviously not looking for a friend or for someone you can love wholeheartedly. There is more to a woman than a cook, cleaner, maid fused in one.

Learn not to judge people too quickly my dear, it will help you in this journey called LIFE.

5 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by PinketteDawn: 1:46am On Aug 12, 2016
zicoraads:

Of cos it doesn't guarantee a happy marriage, but it goes a long way in helping to. The probability that it does is greater than.

And your last paragraph, are you divorced?

The probability is not in any way increased my dear. Lol

It all depends on what both partners want from each other.

And we are not discussing me here. My marital status is really not your concern.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by zicoraads: 2:00am On Aug 12, 2016
PinketteDawn:

The probability is not in any way increased my dear. Lol

It all depends on what both partners want from each other.

And we are not discussing me here. My marital status is really not your concern.
I think it does. See, I don't want to go into the sermon of how many marriages are packing up due to one reason or another. But as you mentioned earlier, a wife's knowledge of how to cook doesn't guarantee a happy marriage. Agreed!

But then, why don't we look it the present society of ours and ask why so many marriages are packing up? Why wasn't it so bad during the times of our parents and their parents before them? We have had to sacrifice some of the things that created a special bond between a man and his wife on the alter of 'civilization.' Forget western culture. An African man is still an African man. And nothing is truer than the saying, 'the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.'

I have been there before. That feeling of utmost satisfaction and fulfillment when you have finished eating a sumptuous meal. It's indescribable!

I totally agree that a woman that cooks for her husband is not totally insulated from a divorce or an unhappy marriage. But then, except we want to deceive ourselves, one that cooks good meals for her man would most likely have her man in a better place than the one who doesn't.

Are you divorced?

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by juman(m): 2:19am On Aug 12, 2016
johnwizey:
I can marry a lady that can't cook on a condition that she will be able to prepare 'amala, beans, pounded yam, jollof rice, eba, semo, efo riro' etc grin grin I can't cook hw will i marry another me Even my sis dat stays in the hostel does all the cooking when shez home.

grin
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by femmysin(m): 2:26am On Aug 12, 2016
LuvU2:
cheesy This cooking thing is serious o

I better perfect my skills asap. shocked

Perfect your skillz ASAP ooo to avoid matter that touch.

OLOBÈ LO LÒKÒÒ (meaning it is the wife that can cook a good soup that owns the husband).
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by PinketteDawn: 2:30am On Aug 12, 2016
zicoraads:

I think it does. See, I don't want to go into the sermon of how many marriages are packing up due to one reason or another. But as you mentioned earlier, a wife's knowledge of how to cook doesn't guarantee a happy marriage. Agreed!

But then, why don't we look it the present society of ours and ask why so many marriages are packing up? Why wasn't it so bad during the times of our parents and their parents before them? We have had to sacrifice some of the things that created a special bond between a man and his wife on the alter of 'civilization.' Forget western culture. An African man is still an African man. And nothing is truer than the saying, 'the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.'

I have been there before. That feeling of utmost satisfaction and fulfillment when you have finished eating a sumptuous meal. It's indescribable!

Why most marriages are packing up today is simply because of selfishness. Like it or not, times are changing. It is no longer the world of our parents or the of their parents before them. Civilisation has come and it is here to stay. We can never go back to that time. It won't be possible even if we try. Some things cannot remain as it were in the time of our parents. Western culture has nothing to do with this. Even oyibo men like their women to cook for them.

A man who loves a woman unconditionally, won't see her shortcomings as an issue. She will also not see his shortcomings as an issue. If the way to man's heart is truly through his stomach, why do we have men who cheat on their 'perfect' wives who can churn out meals similar to those prepared by professional chefs sporting the Michelin awards? Why do we have women who can serve cordon bleu but are being constantly abused by their husbands? Why do we have women who are broken beyond repair because of the psychological torture they had to endure from their husbands despite the fact that they always aim to please in the kitchen? Does it mean that those men don't have stomachs?

I totally agree that a woman that cooks for her husband is not totally insulated from a divorce or an unhappy marriage. But then, except we want to deceive ourselves, one that cooks good meals for her man would most likely have her man in a better place than the one who doesn't.

Ermmm....No. Not at all. One who is loved by her husband unconditionally would most likely have her husband in a better place. The man will eat her crap and appreciate her for making an effort. He will gently urge her to improve. Enrol her in a catering school if possible so she can learn. We are not deceiving ourselves here. A Close family friend of mine has been married for over 30 years to her husband. I can tell you that that woman does not know how to cook. No matter the amount of ingredients she uses, her food always tastes bland. She has daughters who are married now and they cannot cook but they are with their husbands...Not divorced.

zicoraads:
Are you divorced?
Once again, I respond politely, my marital status is none of your business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:31am On Aug 12, 2016
repogirl:

What if she doesn't know how to cook but she is industrious, hardworking and a really caring woman who contributes financially to the family, would you still act the same way? I doubt it.

I am industrious, hardworking and I am a really caring man. Providing for the family is my natural responsibility.

I CAN'T MARRY ANOTHER ME.

its pointless.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:37am On Aug 12, 2016
bee444:
Interviewing agberos who lacks social tolerance speaks volume of how mentally unbalance Nigerian mens are. Imagine denouncing who they love just because the woman can't cook?

What happened to teaching her with love, and sending her to catering school? Smh

if she had interest in learning, she could easily have learnt it before marriage. its not rocket science U knw.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 12, 2016
PinketteDawn:

Why most marriages are packing up today is simply because of selfishness. Like it or not, times are changing. It is no longer the world of our parents or the of their parents before them. Civilisation has come and it is here to stay. We can never go back to that time. It won't be possible even if we try. Some things cannot remain as it were in the time of our parents. Western culture has nothing to do with this. Even oyibo men like their women to cook for them.

A man who loves a woman unconditionally, won't see her shortcomings as an issue. She will also not see his shortcomings as an issue. If the way to man's heart is truly through his stomach, why do we have men who cheat on their 'perfect' wives who can churn out meals similar to those prepared by professional chefs sporting the Michelin awards? Why do we have women who can serve cordon bleu but are being constantly abused by their husbands? Why do we have women who are broken beyond repair because of the psychological torture they had to endure from their husbands despite the fact that they always aim to please in the kitchen? Does it mean that those men don't have stomachs?

Ermmm....No. Not at all.One who is loved by her husband unconditionally would most likely have her husband in a better place. The man will eat her crap and appreciate her for making an effort. He will gently urge her to improve.
Enrol her in a catering school if possible so she can learn. We are not deceiving ourselves here. A Close family friend of mine has been married for over 30 years to her husband. I can tell you that that woman does not know how to cook. No matter the amount of ingredients she uses, her food always tastes bland. She has daughters who are married now and they cannot cook but they are with their husbands...Not divorced.

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by deebrain(m): 3:46am On Aug 12, 2016
philip0906:
[size=13pt]A woman that does not know how to cook?? Wow!
What was she doing during her teenage and youthful years?? Such women only occupy space in their matrimonial homes
I can't imagine my wife not knowing how to cook afang soup garnished with 85 shredded ponmos a.k.a show boy topped with isi ewu and bent stock fish. Which kain wife be that? undecided[/size] undecided undecided

Tofiakwa.....

I refuse and reject that woman from every man in nairaland in Jesus name. Holy ghost fire.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by izzou(m): 3:50am On Aug 12, 2016
blaayne:
I pity u..U wan dey dash kfc money abi

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by M4gunners: 3:54am On Aug 12, 2016
repogirl:
I noticed that they mostly interviewed sokpan boys who lack exposure but the few men who were older and possibly already married were more tolerant of the idea.

Yes, a woman should know how to cook but in the case where she doesn't, other factors should also determine the best action to take.

Does she want to learn?
Does she have other redeeming qualities about her?
Her personality, etc....

What if she doesn't know how to cook but she is industrious, hardworking and a really caring woman who contributes financially to the family, would you still act the same way? I doubt it.
Not only industrious. What are you insinuating now?Do you mean when my mom come visiting, she will present industrious in the Table or hardworking my mom Stomach?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 12, 2016
raayah:

Can't a man also cook all the soups and stew for tge weekend?
if you intend marrying a Nigerian man.I would advice you to learn how to cook. else marry oyinbo. cos if you daretodiffer it might be the source of marital woes.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by paddypower(m): 4:04am On Aug 12, 2016
Why on earth will I do that?only on one condition,she will go the bride price for herself.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Naijageak(m): 4:05am On Aug 12, 2016
it's a nice thing for a woman to cook very well, a man has been so used to fast food joints, in school, work and in the field of dating girls but once settled a woman should be able to make him regain those wasted years eating rubbish and premature fowls. lol.
if she can't cook then something I's wrong.

you man you sabi cook?
if you nor sabi den una two pursue una self. I can't drive my wife away because she nor sabi cook .

i go teach her with love or invest on her by sending her on catering learning .
this is family we are talking about not babe oh, if you can't correct wrong in your family then you are not fit to marry

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by micxwell(m): 4:12am On Aug 12, 2016
repogirl:
I noticed that they mostly interviewed sokpan boys who lack exposure but the few men who were older and possibly already married were more tolerant of the idea.

Yes, a woman should know how to cook but in the case where she doesn't, other factors should also determine the best action to take.

Does she want to learn?
Her personality, etc....

On point

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by femmysin(m): 4:13am On Aug 12, 2016
beautiful232:
But I can cook indomie nau cry

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by femmysin(m): 4:14am On Aug 12, 2016
beautiful232:

Is good now at least you can cook something... just don't marry a typical African man ooo, just look for oyinbo they will epp u eat the indomie like dat.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by micxwell(m): 4:24am On Aug 12, 2016
beautiful232:
I'm sure you would not have posted a comment if you weren't a good cook. Funny somebody cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by micxwell(m): 4:26am On Aug 12, 2016
yomz1e:
So you don't trust your mum.... Guy you are wicked!

Nahh, he fell from the sky na. lol
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by mpowa(m): 4:57am On Aug 12, 2016
tintingz:
Does cooking guarantee happy marriage?.

No, but not knowing how, can guarantee a sad one.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by mpowa(m): 5:04am On Aug 12, 2016
Ginaz:
If cooking is a must then why marriage still breaking?

That's crap.

There are a few reasons why marriage breaks - Infidelity, finance, quarrel, food, sex...

Cooking is definitely one of them, you know how to cook, you've removed one of the major cause of your marriage breaking. Some men will quarrel with their wives but still can't miss the food, quarrel settles at the family table. You don't know how to cook, you can't bring your family together, not just your husband, even your children.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Shukran(f): 5:11am On Aug 12, 2016
In this modern age of advanced technology, a woman will say I can't cook. My dear go to YouTube, you will cook any dish around the world and this will even spice up your relationship.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by mpowa(m): 5:15am On Aug 12, 2016
repogirl:

Does she want to learn?
Her personality, etc....

Why will she not know how to cook? Is it that her mummy doesn't know how or she's too stubborn to learn or she doesn't help are mum in the Kitchen? I can't imagine how a full grown African woman can escape such lessons growing up right here, it must be a major cause for concern.But if the reasons given are genuine then of course the man should help her to learn, but end of the day, she need to know how.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 5:18am On Aug 12, 2016
cool shocked
Petroking:
Just look at your sentence.. You will not marry a Nigerian girl. You will marry from your village in Rivers state. If I was a girl from your village after seeing this sentence I won't agree to date you not to even have the idea of marriage. The girl from Rivers state is from which country Abeg my people Just Negodu

shocked
Petroking:
Just look at your sentence.. You will not marry a Nigerian girl. You will marry from your village in Rivers state. If I was a girl from your village after seeing this sentence I won't agree to date you not to even have the idea of marriage. The girl from Rivers state is from which country Abeg my people Just Negodu

cool
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Captain22: 5:18am On Aug 12, 2016
Cooking is part of the attribute of an African woman.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by nuelzz04(m): 5:24am On Aug 12, 2016
beautiful232:
don't worry I'll teach u d rest kiss

But we go share d bride price wen its paid cos I work grin

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 5:33am On Aug 12, 2016
jabojafa:
so if u marry today dt same day u go hire hus maid?

No I won't , if I come early and have energy I can try to cook it takes nothing from me
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 5:57am On Aug 12, 2016
daretodiffer:
You don't need a wife to do that. A chef can always give you thatundecided

really!
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 12, 2016
abbssx:
As long as she is willing to learn it's not the end of the world. One can always learn to Cook
But, why can't the learning be done now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Year Post Wedding Pictures With My Beautiful Wife / I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease / 81-year-old Man Remarries 70-year-old Wife, 32 Years After They Separated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.