Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,013 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) (37806 Views)

Kenneth Bramor Buys Timi, His First Wife A Rolls Royce After Marrying A 2nd Wife / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / Prepaid Electricity Meter: So Person Cannot Cook In Peace With Electric Cooker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nectarbaba(m): 7:56am On Aug 12, 2016
If her father is rich why not? But if not wtf?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 12, 2016
lordyugo:

so am guessing a woman should repair minor faults in cars, fix electrical faults in d house ,make repairs etc? Since roles hv changed abi changing of roles applies only to men?
And u pple wonder y guys leave u

Nah they will say it's a man's jib to do this
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by jackobi(m): 7:58am On Aug 12, 2016
Good food
Companion
$£x
Financial increase
Children

Some of the benefits of marriage.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by jackobi(m): 7:58am On Aug 12, 2016
Good food Companion $£x Financial increase Children
Some of the benefits of marriage.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 12, 2016
lordyugo:

so am guessing a woman should repair minor faults in cars, fix electrical faults in d house ,make repairs etc? Since roles hv changed abi changing of roles applies only to men?
And u pple wonder y guys leave u

Nah they will say it's a man's jib to do this ,feminism is BS these days at least in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by lordyugo: 8:01am On Aug 12, 2016
pcguru1:

Nah they will say it's a man's jib to do this ,feminism is BS these days at least in Nigeria

u knw women and double standards.
they try to eat dr cake and have it and wen it doesn't work play d victim card or feminism card. Most dnt evn understand d concept of feminism.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by LoveJesus87(m): 8:05am On Aug 12, 2016
beautiful232:
But I can cook indomie nau cry
Ehen is it fried indomie or boiled indomie make I know before I decide you can cook?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by holybabayo(m): 8:10am On Aug 12, 2016
bee444:
Interviewing agberos who lacks social tolerance speaks volume of how mentally unbalance Nigerian mens are. Imagine denouncing who they love just because the woman can't cook?

What happened to teaching her with love, and sending her to catering school? Smh
You should try to know the difference between love and like. You like her selectively, you love her collectively. Selectively meaning individual attributes like colour, shape, fine face, cooking, neatness. Love is collective, it takes everything together, you love HER. You love her everything. Yes I agree with you that you can love a woman that does not know how to cook and then teach her how to cook. But that love will only grow if she learn how to cook.
There are some lady that don't know how to cook good food but are willing to learn. There are some that count cooking as not there job.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 12, 2016
lordyugo:

u knw women and double standards.
they try to eat dr cake and have it and wen it doesn't work play d victim card or feminism card. Most dnt evn understand d concept of feminism.

They don't actually, and they can't because you have to be strong to be a feminist, that means being treated equal as a man, some women can pull this off but most would sink or as usual whine under the weight of it, men have it rough, we have no institution for abused men, or men who are raped, instead we're told to talk it like a man, even in the choice of marriage alot of crazy standards set for men, if you have no job kiss getting married goodbye, so what's the big deal in cooking, besides it's a preference and last time I checked everyone is entitled to their preference, if a woman can't marry someone because of his financial status, I see no big deal if a guy can't marry based on culinary skills.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Keenlooka(m): 8:15am On Aug 12, 2016
philip0906:
[size=13pt]A woman that does not know how to cook?? Wow!
What was she doing during her teenage and youthful years?? Such women only occupy space in their matrimonial homes
I can't imagine my wife not knowing how to cook afang soup garnished with 85 shredded ponmos a.k.a show boy topped with isi ewu and bent stock fish. Which kain wife be that? undecided[/size] undecided undecided

Isiewu inside afang Why you just add moi moi undecided
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by uzolexis(f): 8:15am On Aug 12, 2016
Everybody man or woman MUST know how to cook, you don't have to be excellent at it but it is a compulsory skill to have cos food is very important.
I can't marry a man who can't cook cos I don't intend to be a housewife, so as much as I would help out in the financial burden of the home, I want a man who would help in household chores, thankfully I already have that....I can cook but my fiance is a better cook than myself and it's not a problem for him, we both cook.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Keenlooka(m): 8:16am On Aug 12, 2016
Woman dey no sabi cook, Fela say na LADY cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Keenlooka(m): 8:17am On Aug 12, 2016
uzolexis:
Everybody man or woman MUST know how to cook, you don't have to be excellent at it but it is a compulsory skill to have cos food is very important.
I can't marry a man who can't cook cos I don't intend to be a housewife, so as much as I would help out in the financial burden of the home, I want a man who would help in household chores, thankfully I already have that....I can cook but my fiance is a better cook than myself and it's not a problem for him, we both cook.
Eurocentrism!
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by uzolexis(f): 8:19am On Aug 12, 2016
Keenlooka:
Eurocentrism!

Lol...call it whatever you like smiley
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by 99foxxy(f): 8:20am On Aug 12, 2016
Is cooking the best thing in a woman's life? We can't posses all na.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by holybabayo(m): 8:21am On Aug 12, 2016
uzolexis:

Pray your fiace does not find another girl that can contribute to the financial burdens and still cook beta that you.
Anyway real men don't plan to have you share in the financial responsibilities of the home. But generally 9ja girls are trying with cooking. So it will be a huge shock to meet one that can't cook. Abeg ladies plenty wey fit cook plus all.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by lordyugo: 8:26am On Aug 12, 2016
pcguru1:

They don't actually, and they can't because you have to be strong to be a feminist, that means being treated equal as a man, some women can pull this off but most would sink or as usual whine under the weight of it, men have it rough, we have no institution for abused men, or men who are raped, instead we're told to talk it like a man, even in the choice of marriage alot of crazy standards set for men, if you have no job kiss getting married goodbye, so what's the big deal in cooking, besides it's a preference and last time I checked everyone is entitled to their preference, if a woman can't marry someone because of his financial status, I see no big deal if a guy can't marry based on culinary skills.

u jus said it all.its a PREFERENCE ,like that

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by uzolexis(f): 8:31am On Aug 12, 2016
holybabayo:

Pray your fiace does not find another girl that can contribute to the financial burdens and still cook beta that you.
Anyway real men don't plan to have you share in the financial responsibilities of the home. But generally 9ja girls are trying with cooking. So it will be a huge shock to meet one that can't cook. Abeg ladies plenty wey fit cook plus all.

You think about your stomach only my dear, I didn't say I can't cook or I won't cook and I'm glad I have a man that reasons beyond his stomach and knows that helping his woman out with house chores does not make him a lesser man, it makes him a better man. What if I have to travel for a while, will my kids starve or be eating out always cos their father can't cook Like I said earlier, everyone should know how to cook,it's an important skill, I come from a family of 5 kids, 4 brothers and myself and ALL my brothers can cook.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by hurrycane: 8:32am On Aug 12, 2016
where are u before the woman is ur mistake man, so I b
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by zeongeon: 8:36am On Aug 12, 2016
Girls saying that must a woman no to cook, what if the woman is busy and all....and guys saying they will teach her to cook and that cooking is not everything....hnmm...you all should stop deceiving yourselves..A woman should know how to cook period.

I went with a friend to visit his grand mother and the grand mother has this Linda girl in her mid 20's who is help and a care giver to the grand mum..If you see the food this girl prepared even from the gate you can perceive the aroma..all the guys and men around that day just dey hail the Linda babe...Mind you some of the men around were even married...one of my friends cousin who is a guy who stays with the grand mum said since Linda came he doesn't even eat out any more...Some of the hailings the men gave her where as follows " Linda you dey cook for federal ooh" " Omo this girl dey cook pieces"...

If your a woman go and learn how to Cook...Before your husband or bf meets Aunty LINDA.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by rosalieene(f): 8:39am On Aug 12, 2016
jabojafa:
na stay @ home man fit get dt tym.. [s]Wen match dey man go come stay hus dey cook egusi soup for you?[/s] Wot happend to d weekend? [s]Cant u cook all ur soups n stew n put dem in d refrigerator?[/s]
Then what would you say about those men that only eat newly prepared fresh soups everyday.
Football is not everything, family comes first. This is one of the reasons why there are divorces here and there(because the woman doesn't tolerate it as the man doesn't help in the house but only goes to watch ball.) In essence, The man should try and help sometimes even if he only goes to the kitchen to keep her company. At least its a way of encouragement.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by beautiful232(f): 8:49am On Aug 12, 2016
ameezy:

Yeah and you can boil water too smiley

grin
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by beautiful232(f): 8:49am On Aug 12, 2016
Petroking:
I will marry u n teach u how to cook.. Not ready for marriage yet though

Not ready either tongue
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by beautiful232(f): 8:50am On Aug 12, 2016
lefulefu:

indomie babe grin

Lemme joorjoor tongue
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by beautiful232(f): 8:50am On Aug 12, 2016
femmysin:

Is good now at least you can cook something... just don't marry a typical African man ooo, just look for oyinbo they will epp u eat the indomie like dat.

shocked
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by beautiful232(f): 8:51am On Aug 12, 2016
micxwell:

I'm sure you would not have posted a comment if you weren't a good cook. Funny somebody cheesy.

Aww
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by beautiful232(f): 8:52am On Aug 12, 2016
nuelzz04:
don't worry I'll teach u d rest kiss

No joorjoor smiley

But we go share d bride price wen its paid cos I work grin

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Boldlyslim(f): 9:00am On Aug 12, 2016
Ok naaa. Cooking dn become debate issue for all social netwrk. Oooooooooooooooo Though is good mek woman sabi cook bt yet some go still marry dem still kip mama ikaite resturant key, until she decides to give the daughter to dem. Still Reading all comments to see who wins at last.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by propconsultants: 9:00am On Aug 12, 2016
tintingz:
Does cooking guarantee happy marriage?.

yes it part of it,the eaziest way to a man 's hearth is 2ru is stomac
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by wadetaw202: 9:02am On Aug 12, 2016
PinketteDawn:

I also pray for you to wake up and realise you are not marrying a free maid but a help mate. And by the way, God has never created anything that is useless. Who are you to call God's creation useless?

I have seen the so called 'worthless' women change overnight and learn. Yes! Learn! Even as adults! One lady I know grew up without a mother and guess what? She learned how to wash her clothes and clean in boarding school. She also learned how to cook from her husband! She had the interest but was not opportuned to have someone teach her.She is still with her husband today after 5 years of marriage. He never for one day berated her for not knowing how to cook. He understood and taught her instead.

From everything you have listed here, you are simply looking for a housemaid disguised as a wife. You are obviously not looking for a friend or for someone you can love wholeheartedly. There is more to a woman than a cook, cleaner, maid fused in one.

Learn not to judge people too quickly my dear, it will help you in this journey called LIFE.

Marriage is not just about the man and his wife; it is more or less about your children.

What precedence are you laying for your kids when their mom can't cook or wash or do simple things a woman should do in the home?

You claimed someone learnt. Well, I have seen someone who never learnt. She is still in her husband's home today unable to cook or take care of the home. She is using her younger sister, who is living with her, as free maid.

That her sister is the one taking care of the home and the children simply because the elder sister wasn't taught how to do it when she was younger. She is so useless that she can't even prepare custard even after 10 years of marriage. All she does is to come back from work, take her bath and go and rest or watch tv or play with her husband.

In the morning, she will take her bath and head for work without touching any work in the home.

And it may interest you to know that she is a teacher in her kids' school, yet she will not take the kids to school in her car; she will ask her younger sister, the "free maid", to bring the children to school, just because she couldn't do "kids' wahala". She could give birth, but couldn't care for the children.

The story above should tell you that when a woman doesn't know how to cook, she will also lack in several other ways. A woman who can't cook is a half-baked adult. She will also have problems in several other ways.

Because you Dont want a free maid, is that an excuse to marry someone who doesn't know how to take care of the home? Someone who had house help working for her while she was growing up and never had to do anything? Someone who never had the opportunity to take responsibilities for the home as a teenager?

I Dont want that kind of woman in my life. You are free to make such your wife if you are a man, since you Dont want free maid.

And if you are a woman, you are free to allow your male child to marry a woman who can't cook or care for the home.

It is your choice.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 12, 2016
If you love food so much learn how to cook yourself nah shuu
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by homesteady(m): 9:04am On Aug 12, 2016
Lmaooooo! All these guys saying there is nothing wrong, I just dey laugh! When you both have a quarrel, you would surely use it against her, you would tell her that she can't cook like your friends wives! If she is the outspoken type, she would like to get back at you by saving that you are not good on bed or you are not as rich as her friends husbands. The next thing - punches would start flying, blood would be everywhere!

We are all human beings, and we must always use one's weaknesses to attack them during a quarrel, so it's inevitable.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Can Forgive A Man That Cheats On Me But Never A Man That Gives Me Disease / New Year Post Wedding Pictures With My Beautiful Wife / My Mother Finally CURSED Me Last Night. I DON'T Give A Bleep!! - TheGidRedpiller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.