Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Audu Bako Zoological Garden Kano State Nigeria (Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Audu Bako Zoological Garden Kano State Nigeria (Pics) (9716 Views)

A Nairalander's Visit To University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden(photos) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng / Ibadan Zoological Garden – A Place To Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audu Bako Zoological Garden Kano State Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 12, 2016
The Audu Bako zoological garden is the second of its kind in Africa after Cote d’ivoire, established by Late. Alhaji. Audu Bako, the then military governor of Kano State on the 13th of November 1972. Kano Zoo popularly known as “Gidan Zoo” is located in Kano State, the commercial heart of Nigeria. It covers an area of 46 hectares with a collection of morethan 60 species, comprising 200-300 specimens. Such as Lion, Elephant, Monkeys, Antelope, Varieties of Birds etc.

Audu Bako Zoological Garden is accredited by Pan-African Association of Zoos and Aquaria.

FOUNDATION AND OPENING CEREMONY OF AUDU BAKO ZOOLOGICAL GARDEN

The first foundation stone of the garden was laid by His Excellence Late. Alhaji. Audu Bako (C.P, NPM). Military governor of Kano state on 14th of July 1971 and officially opened for use on the 13th day of November 1972

“ I am happy this morning to stand before you on the occasion of the opening of this zoo. It is gratifying to note the development that has taken place since the time that the foundation was started on the 14th of July 1971 __(His Excellence Late. Alhaji Audu Bako RahimahulLAH)

CRITICSIMS

Some people have criticized his idea of establishing a Zoo. At this ceremony, Audu Bako replies his critics.

I am surprised to hear from a lot of people, including those who call themselves elites criticizing my idea of establishing a zoo or game reserve and not only that but also making it an item of mockery. I am openly condemning such people as people without foresight and wisdom. I am glad to say that there are not many of them in Nigeria for otherwise, general progress would have been retarded.--Audu Baqo

FIRST ANIMAL DONATIONS

Before the establishment of the zoo, Audu Bako and his wife rare triplet lions at home, namely:

1. DANJUMA: Brought up from the age of one week by Audu Bako and His wife and letter donated to Kano Zoo by His Excellence to commemorate opening ceremony of the zoo.

2. BALA: is the triplet brother of Danjuma and Jummai which Audu Bako presented to his friend, and also donated to the zoo.

3. JUMMAI: The triplet sister (Died).

OBJECT OF PRIDE

“ In the name of God, I declare the Kano Zoological Garden open for the general public of Nigeria and anybody from outside the country, and I pray that it will serve mankind forever. To the people of Kano State, I hand to you this zoo as an object of pride. Please hold it as an egg. May God help us. Thank you. ”--Audu Baqo

Visitors:

• People from different part of Nigeria and around the globe pay visit to this historic zoo either for recreational activities or for educational and research purposes.

• It is almost impossible to attend primary or secondary school in Kano without going for excursion to Kano Zoo.

• The highest attendance record of visitors in a year, is during the Eid Celebrations.

All praises indeed due to the One, whose in His Hands lays the absolute ownership of every single existence, that gives me privilege and wisdom to write this. He is the Almighty Allah. Complete blessings and salutations upon His messenger Muhammad (S.A.W).
I am Muhammad Abdullahi from kano state Nigeria. To any person reading this, I present to you my intellectual property for educational purpose, please hold it as an egg.

COPYRIGHT

No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, or other methods without the prior written permission of the publisher except in the case where the source of quotation and the name of the author is mentioned. All right reserved. BY
ceo@muhd.tk Copyright 2016

Re: Audu Bako Zoological Garden Kano State Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 12, 2016
wow...wish UNN zoo has other animals outside mosquitoes angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audu Bako Zoological Garden Kano State Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 12, 2016
More

Re: Audu Bako Zoological Garden Kano State Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 12, 2016
The Fourth picture here is a Nairalander.

Re: Audu Bako Zoological Garden Kano State Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 12, 2016
More are still coming after this

Re: Audu Bako Zoological Garden Kano State Nigeria (Pics) by xreal: 2:51am On Aug 12, 2016
A zoo located in a zoo.

These animals ain't wild, the wild ones have moved from Sambisa Forest into another forest in Bauchi.

1 Like

Re: Audu Bako Zoological Garden Kano State Nigeria (Pics) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
R these pictures real? Really wonderful, d zoos Ive visited only had very few animals though d one at Owerri tried by having a lion n a lioness plus recent addition of an hyena. That Audu governor really had foresight.
Re: Audu Bako Zoological Garden Kano State Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2016
More

Re: Audu Bako Zoological Garden Kano State Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
R these pictures real? Really wonderful, d zoos Ive visited only had very few animals though d one at Owerri tried by having a lion n a lioness plus recent addition of an hyena. That Audu governor really had foresight.

More

Re: Audu Bako Zoological Garden Kano State Nigeria (Pics) by guttentag(m): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
i pray those wild Nigerians don't eat these animals

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The 1st And 2nd Mainland Bridge Located??? / General Bahrain Migration Thread / Urgent Need For Moldovan Visa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.