Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded (33545 Views)

Police Operatives To Face Orderly Room Trial For Handcuffing Man To Vehicle / Uzoamaka Chukwu Adopted By Rita Anoh Nnenna, Moves Into Her Home / Uzoamaka Chukwu Who Was Flogged In Ebonyi For Sex Act - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by dainformant(m): 6:08am On Aug 12, 2016
Justice seems to be coming the way of the Uzoamaka Chukwu, the teenage girl who was molested and dehumanized by some men in Ebonyi state...According to reports, the Ebonyi state command of the Nigerian Police has conducted the orderly trial of three police officers involved in the torture, dehumanization and abuse of the teenager...

Read below what was shared by Linus Abba who ha been following the case closely;

The Ebonyi state command of the Nigerian Police earlier today conducted the orderly trial of three police officers involved in the torture, dehumanization and abuse of teenager Uzoamaka on July 15, 2016 at Uburu, Ohaozara LGA of Ebonyi state.

The accused officers are:
1. Cpl Paulinus Nwodom
2. Cpl Monday Nweke, and
3. Cpl Obinna Ironsi.

While the outcome of the trial had not been announced as at the close of work, it is widely expected that the three may be sanctioned and put to civil trial along with the Coordinator, his younger brother-Enekwachi and one other-Martin who are also in police custody.

The police was also reported to have identified about five witnesses to the crime including three young girls who witnessed the unclading and torture of Uzoamaka and the two men that the teenager was allegedly forced to name as her "sex partners" who were respectively fined N30,000 and two crates of beer and a bottle of whiskey.

With this development, it is expected that police investigations are nearing a close and a report is expected early next week. Whether the case shall be charged immediately thereafter to court or the case file sent to the state DPP remains to be seen.

While thanking all for the steadfast support for the quest for justice for the traumatized orphan, we still appeal for vigilance till the right things are timely done.

Meanwhile, I must seize this opportunity to initiate a call on the Ebonyi state government (especially the House of Assembly) to take advantage the publicity around Uzoamaka's case to domesticate the VIOLENCE AGAINST PERSONS PROJIBITION ACT and the CHILD RIGHTS ACT if not already in place.

That would be a befitting honour to Uzoamaka and am enduring deterrence against similar atrocities in the state. I call on all friends and activists to help push this laudable proposition.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/08/justice4uzoamaka-hope-for-justice-rises.html

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by PrettyCrystal: 6:09am On Aug 12, 2016
thank God

2 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by dareyyyy(m): 6:11am On Aug 12, 2016
Good

2 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by ChangeIsCostant: 6:11am On Aug 12, 2016
this is good... let them pay for what they have done
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by omaiyale: 6:15am On Aug 12, 2016
This people under-extimate the power of Social media, to even think of filming and uploading the act was their greatest misdoing which has now landed them in mess.
My sympathy goes to the little girl because of the trauma, victimization she is going to face all her life for this singular act of this barbarians as the internet never forget

19 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by amuokuko: 6:21am On Aug 12, 2016
Why. Re they hiding their useless faces..

But all the same, this nah police stunt because right from the dayz of Metusella, Nigerian police will always shield it's people..

Police Ndi Uwa Mmebi..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by amuokuko: 6:22am On Aug 12, 2016
dainformant:
cc; lalasticlala, mynd44

Them dey amongst those three wise men backing us

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by maryjan8(f): 6:23am On Aug 12, 2016
There cup is full
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by dominique(f): 6:36am On Aug 12, 2016
I'm so happy with the way this case is turning out. There is hope for abuse victims in this country after all. This is one of the few advantages of social media.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by Oche211(m): 6:43am On Aug 12, 2016
Finally, the young get nd indeed her family will get justice.
Why shld even police men be involved in such dehumanizing, barbaric abuse nd tortue of a fellow human (wheather an underaged teenager or an adult). Did they see it as fun?
Bt then, i remember ALUU UNIPORT 4 and i give up on the men of the NPF the more.
Seems tortue, abuse nd barbarism is wired in their systems.

2 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by Oche211(m): 6:46am On Aug 12, 2016
amuokuko:

Them dey amongst those three wise men backing us
And what makes those wicked, barbaric men there wise? Choose nd use ur words wisely.
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by dikeigbo2(m): 6:48am On Aug 12, 2016
Three bad eggs spotted,many lying low for the moment grin
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by Oche211(m): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2016
omaiyale:
This people under-extimate the power of Social media, to even think of filming and uploading the act was their greatest misdoing which has now landed them in mess.
My sympathy goes to the little girl because of the trauma, victimization she is going to face all her life for this singular act of this barbarians as the internet never forget
Sure. However, na God wan catch these men. Looking at the case, u'll knw that the men are really barbarians nd this might nt even be their first time. Probably they've been involved in all this bt whn God wan catch them, naim them film am.
Imagine placing fines on the men, Na waoh. i'm very sure without any doubt dat the girl just confess to having d sex to stop d tortue nd abuse. Who won't do dat in such circumstances.

3 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by amuokuko: 7:09am On Aug 12, 2016
Oche211:

And what makes those wicked, barbaric men there wise?
Choose nd use ur words wisely.

Why all this people wey no get sense hardly mind their business
Would I ve used a derogatory word knowing fully well that a Chief banning Mod was mentioned

I
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by Dshocker(m): 9:03am On Aug 12, 2016
Of course,now they would have to face the rule of law
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by kayo80(m): 9:04am On Aug 12, 2016
Hmm!
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by yankeedude(m): 9:05am On Aug 12, 2016
Why are they backing the camera now? I don't understand ooo
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by PrivateInvestig: 9:05am On Aug 12, 2016
I Dont understand o,like everyone is praising that stupid orphan for having sex abi? In as much as I condemn the act,that girl s a disgrace too.

7 Likes

Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by Francis95(m): 9:05am On Aug 12, 2016
This girl matter still dey
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by kgr8mike(m): 9:06am On Aug 12, 2016
Ok
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by PrivateInvestig: 9:06am On Aug 12, 2016
dominique:
I'm so happy with the way this case is turning out. There is hope for abuse victims in this country after all. This is one of the few advantages of social media.

What is this one saying.

undecidediranu

1 Like

Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by fortunewise1(m): 9:07am On Aug 12, 2016
haba police again
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by pythonkid(m): 9:07am On Aug 12, 2016
omaiyale:

Bro which school u dey go.. Or are one of our brother from the other side?
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by holluwai(m): 9:07am On Aug 12, 2016
"Them" dey beat join again? Han Han!!!! tongue
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by Dayoto: 9:07am On Aug 12, 2016
The last time i commented on this girl ish, there were millions of quotes. So...
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by bastien: 9:07am On Aug 12, 2016
This is lubbish, if their face isn't review to the public, let em do what they did to the poor girl

Eye for eye
Cane for cane
Public for public
unclothedness for unclothedness
Insult for insult
Torture for torture
Disgrace for disgrace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by fortunewise1(m): 9:08am On Aug 12, 2016
la xo dem b.
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by henrydadon(m): 9:08am On Aug 12, 2016
angry

typical of nigerian we like taking law into our own hand ..i hope they are properly dealt with
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by Zico5(m): 9:08am On Aug 12, 2016
Dehumanization by the law enforcement agents. This is absurd. Let them face the consequence of their acts.
Re: Uzoamaka Chukwu: 3 Policemen Indicted, Orderly Room Trial Concluded by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:08am On Aug 12, 2016
why did they na cover there face.. is it because they are police.. they are also a criminal...ooo undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASTMA Official Beaten To Stupor By Keke Napep Riders (photos) / Odi & Policemen Who Tortured Uzoamaka Chukwu Arrested In Ebonyi / Pastor Tony Obo Arrested In Calabar For Killing A Child For Ritual (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.