Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea (2676 Views)

I Need Your Help And Idea. / Technology And Idea's / Programmers, I Need Your Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by FincoApps(m): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2016
OP, my advice is don't make it like a competition between you and other search engines. If you try to compete with them, you might just get frustrated. If you are after the money, then just make your search engine good enough and do what you can.... there's noting wrong in being popular in your own domain...

For me, I target the money and don't really care about the position of my app with others or stuff like that.

Apps like 2go, Tinder, Pinbook, Pin Pals might not be that popular again, but they are making coool money
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by guru01(m): 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
FincoApps:

LOL I can't tell if you are joking or serious sef
I am serious bro, wanna venture into gaming for mobile, but don't want to fall short on pricing.
Someone was pricing me 30k for android 2d game development.
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
guru01:

I am serious bro, wanna venture into gaming for mobile, but don't want to fall short on pricing.
Someone was pricing me 30k for android 2d game development.
Apart from udemy,lynda this site has the best game developement tutorials

http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/search.php
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by teampregar(m): 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2016
Guru01, do not open source it..
here is a good advice:
Start small and grow bigger..
Your search engine should grow vertically instead of horizontally..
It is better to have 100 users who really need your service, than to have 100,000 users who used it because you told them to use it..
I think you should first make your service a online local directory..
where users can find location of places or business locally,
for example I go to bayelsa for holiday, need to find a shopping mall, I would just go to your to ur site and type "Shopping malls in Bayless state" and get results..
Though d idea may make u spend money(u will need to get people in the 36 states of Nigeria to give u locations of hotels, schools, recreation centered, e.t.c).. Guess what google cannot know more about Nigeria than u(there are in U.S.A, u are in Nigeria)..
Believe me if you can get like one hundred active users on this kind of service u will be growing vertically(small numbers of users who really love ur service)..
Then from there you can add option for webmasters to submit their websites to your site..
If u can achieve this you will be surprised how the early users of your service will be the one to market it for you(word of mouth method of marketing, dis was what made whatsapp popular) ..
That was how facebook, snapchat, etc started..
Facebook started as an online directory for profiles of Harvard students(small group of highly engaged users) from there it supported other universities ND now facebook is used all over the world)..
This secret is what most Nigerian startups fail to know, they want to grow horizontally instead of vertically(which is wrong).
You know most Nairaland programmers believe a social network from Africa will not be successful because facebook, twitter, etc already exists, guess what, I will be launching my social network, soon nd I will shock u guys cause I have a secrets to startups success which others don't, I am more of an enterpreneur than a programmer(techpreneur), and also Paul Graham(Silicon Valleys best business adviser) is my business mentor
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by FincoApps(m): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
teampregar:

e.t.c).. Guess what google cannot know more about Nigeria than u(there are in U.S.A, u are in Nigeria)..

You are wrong.... Google has the resources to cover Nigeria..... See where Google street view has covered ?

Nigeria is small
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
@op, you can do your search like this: when i search for words like: chidinma e should be able to give me the nearest babe to my location bearing that name, complete with her bbm pin, whatsapp, 2go and all contacts.
If you can accomplish this one like this, I shall alert all my boys to start using sach with immediate effect.
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by KazukiIto(m): 10:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
THREAD CLOSED!
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
Thread re-opened
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by KvnqPrezo(m): 12:50am On Aug 17, 2016
dhtml18:
@op, you can do your search like this: when i search for words like: chidinma e should be able to give me the nearest babe to my location bearing that name, complete with her bbm pin, whatsapp, 2go and all contacts.
If you can accomplish this one like this, I shall alert all my boys to start using sach with immediate effect.

lolz funny but look at it deeply you're making sense...
someone just create something that will display location and profile of certain user mehn that will be great but would not be called search engine jux for that task alone... ...what do you think??
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by moder8: 2:28am On Aug 17, 2016
I FOUND A CLASH OF CLANS DIAMONDS GIVEAWAY! http://maxclashgems.com Strongest clans get gems from here! (LabFw)
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by guru01(m): 7:41am On Aug 17, 2016
teampregar:
Guru01, do not open source it..
here is a good advice:
Start small and grow bigger..
Your search engine should grow vertically instead of horizontally..
It is better to have 100 users who really need your service, than to have 100,000 users who used it because you told them to use it..
I think you should first make your service a online local directory..
where users can find location of places or business locally,
for example I go to bayelsa for holiday, need to find a shopping mall, I would just go to your to ur site and type "Shopping malls in Bayless state" and get results..
Though d idea may make u spend money(u will need to get people in the 36 states of Nigeria to give u locations of hotels, schools, recreation centered, e.t.c).. Guess what google cannot know more about Nigeria than u(there are in U.S.A, u are in Nigeria)..
Believe me if you can get like one hundred active users on this kind of service u will be growing vertically(small numbers of users who really love ur service)..
Then from there you can add option for webmasters to submit their websites to your site..
If u can achieve this you will be surprised how the early users of your service will be the one to market it for you(word of mouth method of marketing, dis was what made whatsapp popular) ..
That was how facebook, snapchat, etc started..
Facebook started as an online directory for profiles of Harvard students(small group of highly engaged users) from there it supported other universities ND now facebook is used all over the world)..
This secret is what most Nigerian startups fail to know, they want to grow horizontally instead of vertically(which is wrong).
You know most Nairaland programmers believe a social network from Africa will not be successful because facebook, twitter, etc already exists, guess what, I will be launching my social network, soon nd I will shock u guys cause I have a secrets to startups success which others don't, I am more of an enterpreneur than a programmer(techpreneur), and also Paul Graham(Silicon Valleys best business adviser) is my business mentor
Looking into each post critically.
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by guru01(m): 7:42am On Aug 17, 2016
dhtml18:
Lol, OK will look into this.
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 17, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

lolz funny but look at it deeply you're making sense...
someone just create something that will display location and profile of certain user mehn that will be great but would not be called search engine jux for that task alone... ...what do you think??

do you know that google can also use adjectives during search?

go to google images and search for:
- ugly babes
- pretty babes
you will see that google will provide you with just that.

So there is nothing wrong in me searching for: beautiful chidinmi, lekpa bose, etc using our own local SACH NGINE now? Me i am just saying my own.
And the sach should be able to respond appropriately to stuffs like this:
when i tell sach: WIA MY GOAT? sach should be able to show me all goats roaming about my environment somehow so that i can catch my missing goat. For all you know, my neighbour could have abducted my goat for peppersoup purposes.

wia is my cow? similar to the goat search.

i wan buy goat? it should show me the nearest goat sellers to my current location etc

i wan change dollar? it should show me the nearest places to change dollars

i wan marry? it should show me the errr single girls in my location (na our own google+ equivalent be that now)

Hope say i dey make sense.

Disclaimer: All babes referred to in this post is just for illustrative purposes, and references are not made to anyone whether dead or alive. Any similarities in name or references is purely a coincidence and should be treated as such. Trolls please beware.
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by guru01(m): 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
I understand you correct sir.
This time arround, I will work on making it more brilliant them before.
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
Dhtml18 u and guru1 should work together as partners for sach na. He need a team o. I should have volunteer I know nothing about search engines. undecided
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by Olumyco(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
I don't think U av to make it an open source.

l know U would av been thinking on how to make the project work and move faster. what I will suggest is that, if U want it to work effectively U need a team for it and not open source stuff. What U can do is to look for up to like 4 or 5 good programmers here on nairaland or anywhere else to join U. There are projects that pple come together to execute and today such project are very great..... Even some libraries and frameworks are accomplished through team work.
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
dhtml18:

do you know that google can also use adjectives during search?

go to google images and search for:
- ugly babes
- pretty babes
you will see that google will provide you with just that.

So there is nothing wrong in me searching for: beautiful chidinmi, lekpa bose, etc using our own local SACH NGINE now? Me i am just saying my own.
And the sach should be able to respond appropriately to stuffs like this:
when i tell sach: WIA MY GOAT? sach should be able to show me all goats roaming about my environment somehow so that i can catch my missing goat. For all you know, my neighbour could have abducted my goat for peppersoup purposes.

wia is my cow? similar to the goat search.

i wan buy goat? it should show me the nearest goat sellers to my current location etc

i wan change dollar? it should show me the nearest places to change dollars

i wan marry? it should show me the errr single girls in my location (na our own google+ equivalent be that now)

Hope say i dey make sense.

Disclaimer: All babes referred to in this post is just for illustrative purposes, and references are not made to anyone whether dead or alive. Any similarities in name or references is purely a coincidence and should be treated as such. Trolls please beware.
yea youre making sense since its a naija search so all our terms should be there....like our pidgin english....whatyasay
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

yea youre making sense since its a naija search so all our terms should be there....like our pidgin english....whatyasay
If it is a naija sach ngine and him no fit understand pigin? what is the point:

search term: i wan yellow pawpaw orobo babe wit big yansh
Re: Open Sourcing Sachng, I Need Your Advice And Idea by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
dhtml18:
If it is a naija sach ngine and him no fit understand pigin? what is the point:
search term: i wan yellow pawpaw orobo babe wit big yansh
lolz yeah

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Learn How To Build Mobile Apps? / My Joomla Menu Links Are Not Working / Escrow Payment Services In Nigeria Can Help Freelance Programmers Get More Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.