Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) (81055 Views)

Baby Whale killed in a community in Delta State (photos) / Huge Whale Killed In Brass, Bayelsa For Food (Photos) / Big Whale At Bar Beach In Lagos, Nigeria (Throwback Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by imperiouxx(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ofodirinwa:
savage and disgusting. Whales that end up on beaches have been dead and rotting for days

That tells you that many Nigerians have replaced the level occupied by scavangers on the food chain.

Welcome to our world!
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by kenoz(m): 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
shocked
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by cahnellven: 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
Feranmicharles:
Old pic, that isn't ilaje. No big sea like that in ilaje sad

What you don't know ...dont say ..

Ondo state has the longest ( atlantic) coast line in Nigeria,100% of which is contributed by ilaje local government.
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
I perceive this as aftermat of change! Anything is edible! Smh.
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by stagger: 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
Drabeey:
Why are we so gullible and unrepentant in Nigeria?
The last news was how some idiots killed a dolphin its Now a shark.

The fact that this are animals that are supposed to be conserved, that fish is poisonous.
We keep shouting that Nigeria ecinimy is in comatose, that the country is collapsing, but we all keep doing things that are not expected of a human beign.
We cant manage surplus, we cant even manage normal income without surplusm and now we are eating what we are supposed to leave for the incoming generations to see.
Why are we so primitive sef?
Ha! Hmmm!

Drabeey Was Here

Mr man, I need to ask you a question:

Who is responsible for decimating whale populations all over the world? Is it the villagers in Ilaje, or is it Nigerians, or is it the white men who after centuries of relentlessly hunting these animals are now coming to preach conservation?

Even Eskimos are allowed to hunt whales in controlled fashion. So I do not see how one whale which washed up ashore and was killed to provide meat for the community in this era of change constitutes primitive behaviour or lack of conservation. Rather, it is the white men who are primitive; hunting animals without caring for their replenishment all these centuries and now coming to preach conservation.

We should also be smart and shake off these neo-colonialist ways of thinking.

6 Likes

Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by Dream2(m): 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
Giyerte:
Ondo get big water wey fit contain whale?

COOL
You need to visit Ondo state especially the ilaje area to know that ondo is blessed with a long coastline,infact you can easily transport to lagos,Akwa-ibom,Ogun state through the coastline.

3 Likes

Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by sammyj: 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
Not whales it's one whale!!! cool
Haute:
Smh....poor whales.
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by HITTED(m): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
Wahala in Osun State. They just killed the last son of Ogun. cool
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by slap1(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
Which one is "Jesus is Lord" on top killing an innocent whale? undecided
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by cahnellven: 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
SharkTank:
Fat lie. There isn't any water body big enough to contain a whale in Ilaje. Afonjas lie alot. 99% of them won't make heaven

Sheer unrepentant ignorance

3 Likes

Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by Ademoore07(m): 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
Sunofgod:
Fukushima Whale....

People should question why these animals are now turning up on our shores.

The Pacific ocean is almost dead of sea life which animals such as Whales feed on which is forcing these animals to seek pastures new.

The problem is that such animals are already radioactive and unfit for human consumption. That Whale will probably cause 1000 cases of cancer.

You are wrong, man. You can't teach me anything about marine life and toxicology persee
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by Femston: 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
I don't think that place is Ondo cos i can see beach at the background.
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by ancientbanana: 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hunger in the land. The gods provides
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by cahnellven: 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
omololu2020:
there is no sea in ilaje land...

If you have nothing to say , why not hold your peace?

2 Likes

Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by SharkTank(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
cahnellven:

Sheer unrepentant ignorance
what is this semi literate afonja yoot with a 2-digit IQ saying
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by ameh99: 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
What a pity, ignorance, too bad...if only they know the magnitude of the offence committed by killing an endangered poor creature which is almost at the verge of extinction. If only.....
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by Mockinbird: 3:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
Drabeey:

The fact that this are animals that are supposed to be conserved, that fish is poisonous.
We keep shouting that Nigeria ecinimy is in comatose, that the country is collapsing, but we all keep doing things that are not expected of a human beign.
We cant manage surplus, we cant even manage normal income without surplusm and now we are eating what we are supposed to leave for the incoming generations to see.
Ha! Hmmm!

Drabeey Was Here
You dey craze?!

2 Likes

Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by babadlaw1(m): 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
I can imagine fried portion plus ijebu garri with col water grin
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by peeparty(m): 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hungerbad
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by indoorlove(m): 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
Feranmicharles:
Old pic, that isn't ilaje. No big sea like that in ilaje sad
Ondo state ilaje has boundary with atlantic ocean, where I'm serving presently is just 15mins drive (speed boat) from the ocean.
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by olaoreawofele: 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ignorance does not recognize conservation. Conservation is a higher value way above the understanding of most peooople.

Drabeey:

Ha! Hmmm!

Drabeey Was Here
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by phenase(m): 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
cool
ok
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by phenase(m): 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
cool Will this change Price increment in the Market.
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
Rubbish angry Why did he kill it? Food? This pic alone's sent my raging appetite away embarassed
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by iomoge2(f): 3:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
Naijapopular:
Our wonderful God is great, this big whales was killed at enu ama in ilaje Local government,Ondo state.

http://www.naijapopular.com/2016/08/see-this-big-whales-killed-in-ilaje.html?m=1

Mods, pls move to the right section

So there is a beach in Ondo state? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by menxer: 3:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
They didn't catch it, it washed ashore.
That is food for the village, but conservationist won't like this.

There is nothing like conservation when the stomach infrastructure policy is still in force.

1 Like

Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by MrAdetunjiBayo: 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Stupid umcivilized nigerians, only interested in eating anything and everything. Not a minute spared to think like civilized Homo sapiens.
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by nigeriafilm(m): 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
Our wonderful God is great. Great for what op? You are praising God for killing innocent whale. Funny, I doubt if the wonderful God is with you on this wicked act against this innocent creature
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by jayode(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
They're really wicked ... Poor thing

Is everything food... Buhuri is a curse
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by dejavski(m): 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
mkoabiola:
Junk bloggers

DAT not ilaje

U can nva find an ocean or sea lik DAT in ilaje

What do you know about ilaje my friend? Have you been to any ilaje community before spilling this lie
Please give yourself proper orientation before coming online to spill lies against my community angry
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by Mbenny(m): 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
I wish all those people will be arrested and our Government need to set laws to stop the killing of wildlife.
Re: Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) by dejavski(m): 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
Femston:
I don't think that place is Ondo cos i can see beach at the background.

You obviously don't know jack about Ondo state... mind you am from ilaje community and we have direct access to the sea

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Scientists Baffled By Mummified 'Mermaid' With 'Human Face' & Tail (Graphic Pic) / 62-Year-Old Ball Python Lays Eggs Despite Having No Contact With Male (Photos) / Injured HammerHead Shark Killed In Lekki, Lagos After Being Washed Ashore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.