Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

My Hijab Experience - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Hijab Experience (13114 Views)

Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters / Muric To Hold A Press Conference On Firdaus Amasa's Hijab Saga / The Correct Hijab – Hands And Face Covered Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Hijab Experience by Rosheedah(f): 11:27am On Aug 15, 2016
Contact17:

That is completely fine. You can still wear it out grin grin.

You know this reminds me of the first time I decided to start wearing abayas outside. By Allah, I had only one abaya and that was it. It wasn't a fancy abaya, and to be honest, it was way too long for me.
I remember the first few times I wore it outside, I felt 'awkward' and I almost tripped many times. I thought people were staring at me but it was only waswas from shaytan.
People might be shocked the first time but they will get used to it and so would you.You know, when you don't compromise your faith, the world gets used it.But you need make a firm decision within yourself to make this change.
I ask Allah to make it easy for you sis kiss

Awww aamin thumma aamin
Jazakallahu khairan dearie kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: My Hijab Experience by Feanah(f): 1:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
Barakillah sis ,may Allah guide us more,Ameen.I've this Yoruba friend,who she decided to wear the hijab ...she became completely transformed,like she wears it so correctly ...there was a time we skyped and she told me I've changed , I don't wear the hijab like I should,why do I bother about others when I should please my Lord.We don't talk anymore (lost contact),but because of these words she told me,she's one of the people I cherish the most in this world.Your post just reminded me of her;I wish you all the best sis.may Allah guide us more,ameen

2 Likes

Re: My Hijab Experience by MeenalKd(f): 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
Jazakillahu khairan ya ukhti..Mine was when I started using niqab..am still nt used to it BT alhamdulilah I love it..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Hijab Experience by eherbal(m): 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Same experience i had when i started growing my beards(almost 7months now) i had so many negative remarks, even within myself i was having whispers from shaytan that i am no more attractive like i used to be, whenever such thoughts come, i will say "Alhamdulillah, less fitna" because i wont have to battle with girls, another thing that kept(and is still keeping) me going is the words of shaykh solih alfawzaan;

"Shaytan tempts the men to shave their beards and women to pluck their eyebrows"

Anyway, this is fp worthy grin .....salaam alaykum sister Mukina2 do the needful...
I had a similar challenge. My first critic was my wife. She kept on telling me how unattractive and old school I had become . I had female colleagues telling me to my face,that they won't talk to me till I shaved. Some even labelled me "boko haram". The stigma soon faded with time cuz of my stubborn resolute to keep with the programme . I developed a thick skin to critcism and snide remarks . Now my wife has accepted the beards,and my colleagues don't bully me anymore ,because of my resolve to be a better me for the sake of Allah and my faith. Still working on other areas to improve myself. Alhamdulillah.

Kudos contact17. Nice write up

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2016
eherbal:
I had a similar challenge. My first critic was my wife. She kept on telling me how unattractive and old school I had become . I had female colleagues telling me to my face,that they won't talk to me till I shaved. Some even labelled me "boko haram". The stigma soon faded with time cuz of my stubborn resolute to keep with the programme . I developed a thick skin to critcism and snide remarks . Now my wife has accepted the beards,and my colleagues don't bully me anymore ,because of my resolve to be a better me for the sake of Allah and my faith. Still working on other areas to improve myself. Alhamdulillah.

Kudos contact17. Nice write up

Wow! Thats great! If you dont mind me asking, Have you tried introducing the sunnah of the prophet to your household (wife and children)?
Re: My Hijab Experience by eherbal(m): 12:09am On Aug 28, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Wow! Thats great! If you dont mind me asking, Have you tried introducing the sunnah of the prophet to your household (wife and children)?
It's been an ongoing project in the family, with the wife not finding it easy ,but adjusting all the same. At times it's hard to jettison cultural values for religious ones. My kids are adopting quite well, Alhamdulillah .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 28, 2016
eherbal:
It's been an ongoing project in the family, with the wife not finding it easy ,but adjusting all the same. At times it's hard to jettison cultural values for religious ones. My kids are adopting quite well, Alhamdulillah .

Masha Allaah....may Allaah grant all of us understanding – Ameen.

1 Like

Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
Re: My Hijab Experience by zarinaAin: 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
I was a pashminite right from the start but I always knew it's not right. Then that inner voice will tell me when you get to 400level you can change then. I continue turning up to 300level.

Life as a pashminite was a deceit whenever I sit back and remember, then I say "I can't believe I did that"

First of all dressing up for school is like kitting up for war
1. Choosing the right color of pash to rhythm with your outfit
2.the style you want to turn the pash into the (you must have think about the style a day before)
3.the pash style and outfit must be compatible (if not remove and redo)
4.keeping the face shape and hair do in mind (always choked up in the neck and the ears is block, words echo in my ears)
5.trials and errors (we don't always get it right at once, you need to try for about 3 times while others are in class already)
6.pin it girl (you need about 3pin for this task and always be ready to pin your head and hair)
7 adjustment (making sure it falls in the right places, then you wish it should have been longer than that)
8.mirror girl(always looking at the car window to know it's still intact even if if the owner is there, lol)
9.panic time (when you meet people you know and you have a million questions in your head
10.be rest assured you are not going back home the way you came

During exam period, almost all the pashminite will starting using Hijab cos there's no time to be turning up and down

I normally convince my course mate (mssn exco in my department) to borrow me one. After the paper, I return

I found the way through her, all bcs she didn't gave up on me. I tot I was stubborn but she is always ready with the right word. She gave me my first personal khimar "she said at least just to stand in first of Allah during solat"

Then I found myself wearing it everywhere. I bought more when I had the means.

1 Like

Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
zarinaAin:
Let me book space

Lol, the thread already made fb.

Just moving it to the top.
Re: My Hijab Experience by zarinaAin: 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
snapscore:

Lol, the thread already made fb.

Just moving it to the top.

grin haba sis, I was about to balance well on my seat

Actually I booked the space to modify later. Wana share my Hijab experience also
Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 31, 2016
zarinaAin:

grin haba sis, I was about to balance well on my seat

Actually I booked the space to modify later. Wana share my Hijab experience also

Lol grin

Will be waiting for your modification grin

*follows thread*
Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 31, 2016
ok, whats "pashminite" ?
Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 31, 2016
zarinaAin:
I was a pashminite right from the start but I always knew it's not right. Then that inner voice will tell me when you get to 400level you can change then. I continue turning up to 300level.

Life as a pashminite was a deceit whenever I sit back and remember, then I say "I can't believe I did that"

First of all dressing up for school is like kitting up for war
1. Choosing the right color of pash to rhythm with your outfit
2.the style you want to turn the pash into the (you must have think about the style a day before)
3.the pash style and outfit must be compatible (if not remove and redo)
4.keeping the face shape and hair do in mind (always choked up in the neck and the ears is block, words echo in my ears)
5.trials and errors (we don't always get it right at once, you need to try for about 3 times while others are in class already)
6.pin it girl (you need about 3pin for this task and always be ready to pin your head and hair)
7 adjustment (making sure it falls in the right places, then you wish it should have been longer than that)
8.mirror girl(always looking at the car window to know it's still intact even if if the owner is there, lol)
9.panic time (when you meet people you know and you have a million questions in your head
10.be rest assured you are not going back home the way you came

During exam period, almost all the pashminite will starting using Hijab cos there's no time to be turning up and down

I normally convince my course mate (mssn exco in my department) to borrow me one. After the paper, I return

I found the way through her, all bcs she didn't gave up on me. I tot I was stubborn but she is always ready with the right word. She gave me my first personal khimar "she said at least just to stand in first of Allah during solat"

Then I found myself wearing it everywhere. I bought more when I had the means.

I had to search up the meaning of pashminitie. I agree with all your point especially regarding the pin and ensuring that it's fully covering. Lol I went through 4 too when I started covering. I actually use to tie it so tight that my face looked like square.

Your course mate is amazing!!
Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 31, 2016
snapscore:

I had to search up the meaning of pashminitie. I agree with all your point especially regarding the pin and ensuring that it's fully covering. Lol I went through 4 too when I started covering. I actually use to tie it so tight that my face looked like square.

what's pashminite?
Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 31, 2016
I dunno if it's just me recently I have been thinking about how difficult it is to pick clothes that are fully covering.
Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 31, 2016
lexiconkabir:

what's pashminite?

My guess is regular scarf made of wool.

Like the scarf you tie not the already made hijab.
Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 31, 2016
snapscore:

My guess is regular scarf made of wool.

Like the scarf you tie not the already made hijab.

oh! ok.....thanks.
Re: My Hijab Experience by zarinaAin: 8:22am On Dec 31, 2016
lexiconkabir:

oh! ok.....thanks.

You know we ladies like to classify everything

Pash - the scarf
Pashminite - a lady using scarf but you have the talent of turning it into different styles unlike tying it like dem deeper life gals
Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 31, 2016
zarinaAin:

Pash - the scarf
Pashminite - a lady using scarf but you have the talent of turning it into different styles unlike tying it like dem deeper life gals

See shading of life

Na me you dey call deeper life?

Just jk but that was funny "dem deeper life gals" grin grin
Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 31, 2016
zarinaAin:

obviously.....

Pash - the scarf

thanks...

learnt something new so early.
Re: My Hijab Experience by zarinaAin: 8:28am On Dec 31, 2016
snapscore:

Lol, square face esp when you have a round face, double chin. My sister, the hustle is real
Re: My Hijab Experience by zarinaAin: 8:30am On Dec 31, 2016
snapscore:

See shading of life

Na me you dey call deeper life?

Just jk but that was funny "dem deeper life gals" grin grin

cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Hijab Experience by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 31, 2016
zarinaAin:

Lol, square face esp when you have a round face, double chin. My sister, the hustle is real

True.

May Allah make it easy for us and reward us for it.
Re: My Hijab Experience by Mofpearl: 5:26pm On May 05, 2017
Again I enjoyed reading through the thread.
Re: My Hijab Experience by Mofpearl: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
Because I thought this was nice and I am allowed to derail my thread

Q: I’m very sensitive and I keep on worrying about what people think of me especially from my family, from my cousins and aunties. How can I stop being like this?

A: You should learn how to build your confidence and how to respect people with pride, fearing only Allah. Everyone else is a poor human being like you with strengths and weaknesses. Don’t look down at yourself and always remember that you are strong through Islam.

http://www.assimalhakeem.net/im-very-sensitive-and-i-keep-on-worrying-about-what-people-think-of-me-especially-from-my-family-from-my-cousins-and-aunties-how-can-i-stop-being-like-this/
Re: My Hijab Experience by Mofpearl: 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2017
Honestly needed to reread this experience again.
Re: My Hijab Experience by Mofpearl: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
Wearing a scarf made me realize that sometimes, changing old habits can be difficult but a lot of it has to do with ones’ self. One’s own thoughts and mindset. I am not denying that society makes it difficult to make changes, but sometimes we just need to be confident and brave enough to take those steps. After all, Allah said in the Qur’an that whoever gives up something for his sake, he would compensate him with something better.

Why does it matter what people say?

People will talk regardless of what a person does! I was neither created to serve nor please people. I was created only to serve and please the one who created me.The one who sustains me, because on that day when the earth has been crushed and mountains have become like a mirage, nothing will save me except his mercy.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56].

It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “No one’s deeds will ever admit him to Paradise.”
They said, “Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?” He said, “No, not even me, unless Allah showers me with His Mercy. So try to be near to perfection. And no one should wish for death; he is either doing good so he will do more of that, or he is doing wrong so he may repent.” [al-Bukhari, Muslim]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslim Students Reject Hijab Ban In Lagos Public Schools / Sheik Muhammad Ali Jabata, CHECKMATED! / How Many Times Was Hajj Cancelled In History?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.