Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,195 members, 7,780,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:41 PM

Elephant Detergent And Others: What Really Happened To Them - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elephant Detergent And Others: What Really Happened To Them (1558 Views)

Gtbank Vs Innoson At The Supreme Court: What Really Happened / Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money / What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Elephant Detergent And Others: What Really Happened To Them by ariesbull: 9:38am On Aug 12, 2016
Have you wondered what really happened to the big firms? Happy E you ever wondered why that big firm that you used to know went into obscurity and threading on the path of extinction. Look no further the cause is simple : complacency or comfort zone E syndrome. It will come when you are big, how to manage this is another thing.

I could remember growing up, mum will tell me to buy seaming for her. She loves that and she will insist that it is Maggi cubes. The one with star logo. As a dutiful son, I always buy. When ever we want to do our laundry she will I sister that we use Omo detergent or Elephant detergent, we were so used to these brands as kids growing up. Where are these brands today? The few ones available, what are they doing and how are they doing?

I used these few brands to make a classical example of what shouldn’t happen to a brand once big. You will at least agree with me that they were big but they aren’t now.

Call it brand visibility, call it reinvention call it studying the small ones that caused their oblivion status, you are right. The new entrants have taken over and very aggressive.

One rule we must know is that is this… Ideas rule the world. Most of the old brand were being run by old men. I mean men in their fifties and sixties. They surrounded themselves with people of the same age bracket. They don’t understand that the world is fast changing. And they won’t have the energy to study the new entrants. First rule, surround yourself with young ones if you are mid age. This is important because these young ones are bursting with energies and idea. Believe in them and key into their vision. This singular rule made Facebook to be one of the biggest firm and also made Yahoo to be almost extinct. It is this same rule that made Klin detergent to be popular while Elephant is no more.

https://etimesafrica./2016/08/12/old-order-what-they-didnt-see-coming-in-their-business/
Re: Elephant Detergent And Others: What Really Happened To Them by amnesty7: 9:46am On Aug 12, 2016
To complete your 'thesis' you need to tell us the company that used to make the detergent and tell us where they are now. You never heard about product life circle?

(1) (Reply)

Yiedpscam - Open Letter To Heritage Bank Plc / An Album Art Is Needed By Ibzzy For His New Song Titled No Time On Afridext / LPO Financing - Tyre Supplies To Reputable Haulage Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.