Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,809 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story (75602 Views)

Bitter Love: Man hits his wife on their wedding celebration...(VIDEO) / "He Saw My Picture And Slid Into My DM” – Instagram User Shares Love Story / Ada; Girl Who Featured In Kingtblakhoc Sex Video Repents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by GurlFriend: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
Truly, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. There is a very thin line between love and hate, and it takes a simple nudge to go over it.

Ada Ocha Ntu, better known as 'Esther Johnson' met and fell in love with Mark Hall, a British railway worker, what we call 'expatriate' these days but back then in the colonial era, they were simply known as colonial worker.

22 year old Ada thought she had found love with Mark, giving her all to him, even going as far as lending him a whopping sum of £400 before he left to England for his home leave in Britain.

Everything came crashing down in 1953 when Hall returned from the leave and told her the unthinkable.

Her heart throb, Mark had gone and married a British bride (Ada was obviously the side chick). Perhaps if that was all she would have been able to bear it to an extent, but no, to bring matters to a head, he had used the money she lent him to buy his new bride a taxi cab so that she could start her own business.

That is the worst kind of 'maga-ism' a woman can suffer. Not only are you the side chick, bae also used your money to love-vendor the main chick.

Ada lost it.

Using a pair of scissors, she savagely attacked Hall and stabbed him to death. Women can do wonders with a pair of household implement and Ada used it to full measure.

She was arrested, tried and, in 1956, convicted of capital murder and sentenced to death.

Ada remained on 'Death row' in Broad Street Prison (now Freedom Park) Lagos until her sentence was later commuted to life imprisonment.

In 1961, on the first anniversary of Nigeria's independence, perhaps recognising that her crime was a crime of passion', Governor-General Nnamdi Azikiwe pardoned Ada 'Esther Johnson' Ntu "in the name of the Queen."

The press celebrated the decision, and Johnson was released from jail.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/08/when-maga-ism-backfires-story-of-ada.html

35 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by kushma(m): 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
First to comment since I joined Nairaland the guy below tired beating me but sorry for him I make use of 4g lite network.

Feel sorry for the heart broken woman shaa.

46 Likes

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by Freciprocal: 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ladies always survive sad Love stories... Ask Romeo, Maximus, or even Jack of titanic.

Anyways... it's a woman's world cheesy

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by onyiloyi(m): 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ok
Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by coolluk(m): 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
pardoned?? for cold blooded murder. No be today Nigerian leaders don dey mumu

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by directonpc(m): 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
Useless network

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by wellstryme(m): 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
Kini Eleyi bayi..How did this one make front page

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by amijid2012(m): 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
So no comment and this issh made front page., na wa o.,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by Iyanusele(m): 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
The wrath of a woman is ever deadly....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
con started with white people

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by Welrez(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
Youthful impetuosity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by Ihavespoken: 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
Zik was a great man and lived long, 96 years or so no be beans.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by AK481(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
i don dey fear women

1 Like

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by neolboy(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
so wats the conclusion of this story(

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by AK481(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
hell knows no fury.the last time we heard that a woman killed her husband while sleeping.and now this!!!!

ladies can i ask u a question?
why not just move on....

5 Likes

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by okenwa(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
Wondering what tales every lover has. Someone has to tell it. No woman no cry
Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by DozieInc(m): 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
Dont joke with a woman's heart..lesson.

Today is my Birthday

pls click like.

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by JVgal(f): 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
Fine
Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by jamex93(m): 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
Women done dey provoke since 1402

1 Like

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by paschal47(m): 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
mtcheew me i tot the man came back and she snubbed him

1 Like

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
what are the symptoms of heartbreak...?
can a Lady heartbroken lady be admitted in the hospital..

what branch of medicine deals with Heartbroken people

2 Likes

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by ojinuocheibi(m): 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
dont toil with a woman heart.
Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by jhydebaba(m): 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
If our boys do yahoo, una go dey blame them.

No be oyinbo first dey maga us

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by tansho(m): 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
Where's the end of the story?
Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by MayflowerB(f): 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
whoa
Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by ChappyChase: 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
jhydebaba:
If our boys do yahoo, una go dey blame them.
No be oyinbo first dey maga us
Tell them!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by NOBODYY: 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
The Lady rugged sha grin grin
Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by delishpot: 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
Oh well, what can I say? She was wrong in killing him.

1 Like

Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by hucienda: 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
NCAN. Over to you.
Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story by ALAYORMII: 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
The man no even fine

E don tey wey our women don dey run after oyinbo

After how many eons you're now telling us the story

Yahoo love scam don dey in existence for long

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In Case You Need A Young Guy That Can Service You As A Woman.... / Groom Walks Out After Seeing Bride Kiss Another Man On Wedding Day (Video) / A "Marriage Proposal By Police" In Port Harcourt (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.